Dared To Love...

Dared To Love...

A/N This *** means the start/end of flashback. Enjoy reading! :)


YOUR POV

Here I am, sitting under a tree with my legs folded to my chest as I stared at the scenery in front of me. A couple sitting on the bench. Happily smiling to be with one another. I remembered every single memory. All the happy and also the sad ones. First Love? It may be memorable to other people… But my first love was something…

I didn’t want to remember

***

The bell rang signalling that school was over

“So Eun-ah!!!” Someone called my name. I immediately looked around to see Sehun oppa smiling brightly at me. I ran to him and he caught me with his arms then hugged me tightly. “I missed you.” He said. “I missed you too.” I replied back and hugged him tighter.

He let go of me and then he held my hand. “Let’s go get your favourite Ice Cream, shall we?” I smiled and nodded. As we walked out of the school campus, I noticed the fangirls glaring at my way. I never failed to notice their glares when I was with Sehun oppa.

Sehun oppa must have noticed as he held my hand tighter and started walking faster towards the gate when “YAH!! KIM SO EUN!!” I looked around to see my friend, Hae Ra waving her hand at me with a big smile plastered on her face.

Hae Ra and I were good friends but not BEST friends. She was a very intelligent, pretty and also a popular girl. Not to forget, her academics were really good too. Hae Ra… She’s actually Sehun’s ex-crush. How did I know? Oh well, I was somehow Sehun’s good friend before we became a couple. We would hang out together and we trusted each other so basically he told me his crush.

“Hi Hae Ra!!” I greeted her with a hug. She gladly hugged me back and smiled. “Hi Sehun!!” Hae Ra turned to Sehun, not forgetting him. Sehun smiled brightly and greeted her back but when I caught a glimpse of Sehun’s eyes. Something like hurt and love… flashed through his eyes.

I ignored what I saw and turned back to Hae Ra. “So… Was there anything you wanted to tell us?” Hae Ra shook her head and replied “Nahhhh~ I just wanted to tell you that the exams are near. Study hard So Eun~” I glared at her playfully “ you Hae Ra.” Hae Ra laughed before bidding us goodbye and walked away.

SEHUN’S POV

Hae Ra… My love… Walking away from me… I was shook out from my thoughts when I saw So Eun looking at me with eyes full of concern. I smiled at her before dragging her to the Ice Cream Shop.

After we finished our ice cream, I walked her back home. We talked about random stuff on the way there. I kissed her forehead before we parted ways. “Bye Sehun oppa!!” So Eun smiled at me. “Bye So Eun.” I replied her and kissed her forehead.

At Night…

I texted So Eun. “Hey babe~”

Shortly after that, she replied. “Hellooooo~”

I then texted “Meet me at the park in front of your house in 5 mins?”

She then replied with “Okay :)”

I grabbed my jacket and slipped on my sneakers before heading to the park. When I reached there, So Eun was already sitting on the bench. I gave her a surprise back hug which made her jump in surprise. She then turned around and slapped me on the chest. I chuckled at pulled her into a tight hug and she gladly hugged me back.

I sat on the bench next to her so her and held her hand. “I Love You.” I said. She looked at me and smile. Her eyes turning into crescents. “That was random but I Love You Too oppa!” She chirped cheerfully.

I then yawned before resting my head on her lap. She then began to pat my head softly. “Sehun?” she called my name “Hmmm?” “Can I ask you something?” She asked. “Sure.” I smiled. “Will you ever break up with me and go to Hae Ra if she loves you back?”

YOUR POV

It took me a lot of courage to ask that… I was just scared. Insecure… That wasn’t the first time I saw sad emotions portrayed in his eyes whenever he saw Hae Ra. It hurt me to see whenever I see Hae Ra and Sehun together. They were always smiling, laughing and also joking around with one another. The way he smiled was different from how he smiled at me.

Everything was different… Perhaps… He still has feelings for her?

“No. I would never.” Sehun replied. I looked down at him and saw sincerity in his eyes. I then smiled before replying. “Okay… I trust you.”

The next day, I got ready for school and headed out my house. But today, I felt sick and slightly dizzy but I couldn’t help it. I don’t want to miss school. The exam was near. I then boarded the bus and rested my head on the window as my head was feeling heavy. When the bus reached my school, I thanked the driver and got down.

I then stumbled on a rock and was about to fall when a pair of arms wrapped around my waist. “Are you okay?” Sehun asked me, voice full of concern. I looked at him and nodded. He frowned when he saw my condition. Yes, I looked awful. Black eye bags, pale face and cracked lips. “No you’re not. Why didn’t you just stay home?” He asked me. I shook my head with a soft smile and replied “Exam’s near. I’ve got to catch up.”

He shook his head and sighed. “But if your condition is getting worst. You’re gonna be sent home by me, young lady.” I chuckled and nodded my head. I bid Sehun farewell before heading to class.

The truth is, I couldn’t get a wink of sleep last night. I felt something bad was gonna happen I couldn’t get rid of that uncomfortable feeling which caused me to twist and turn all night.

Luckily, I finished that day of school without needing to get sent home by Sehun. Ahahahaha!!! The thought of our 1 year anniversary tomorrow brought a smile on my face. I’m not gonna remind him, I’m awaiting of what he’s gonna prepare.

AUTHOR’S POV

Of course! You were happy! Tomorrow marks 1 year of your relationship with Sehun. What a happy day but you didn’t know what was gonna happen. Something unexpected… Something that would hurt you… Something which would change your whole so called Happy Day…

SEHUN’S POV

After school, I made sure So Eun got back to her house safely. I then headed to my friends’ house. “Hey Sehun!!” They greeted and invited me in. I smiled and walked in. I them plopped onto the sofa and fiddled with my phone. “Sehun.” Min Hyuk, my friend called me. I looked up and he continued “Your 1 year is tomorrow.” I nodded, signalling for him to continue. “You know what you have to do right?” I nodded again with a smirk.

“It’s all a dare anyway. You can return to Hae Ra soon.” Hyun Shik said while tossing his rubik cube up in the air. “Not like you had any feelings for So Eun anyway.” He continued. “Yeah, I want time to pass by faster. Dating So Eun is totally not my style. I don’t even know why you guys made that dare. My image… You s.” Min Hyuk and Hyun Shik started laughing and I soon joined them.

“Hey~ You should thank us. After this relationship, you know what to do so you won’t do anything stupid in your next relationship. And that relationship my friend, will be the BEST.” Min Hyuk said and patted my shoulder.

YOUR POV

I smiled happily as I entered the school grounds. Today was my 1 year anniversary!! I looked around for Sehun but didn’t see him. I frowned but headed to class anyway.

During recess, I saw Sehun with his friends. I smiled and headed to him. I lightly grabbed his arm but was flung away. He glared at me and said something. The cafeteria was too noisy so I couldn’t really hear him but I hear one part really clearly and that was what brought tears to my eyes. “Don’t touch me. Hae Ra will notice.”

I shook my head in disbelief, looking up at him. His eyes were as cold as ice. He then looked away and smiled when his name was called by another girl. Yes, that girl was none other than…

Hae Ra.

I then exited the cafeteria, running all the way to the rooftop. I cried… I knew it… This was gonna happen… But maybe, just maybe…. I heard wrong and Hae Ra came at the wrong time. Yeah. That could be possible.

I knew what I was gonna do… To make things better.

The bell rang indicating that recess was over. I walked to my class, only to Sehun standing in front of my class. I walked towards him and wanted to ignore him but was dragged back harshly by Sehun. My eyes directed to the boy who dragged me back.

“I know I haven’t been the good boyfriend for you.” Sehun said. At least, he still didn’t say he wants to break up yet. “No one’s perfect.” I sadly smiled. “You don’t get me.” He said. “I never liked you. You’re just a dare. I was DARED to date you. Someone who I’d never look at. I love Hae Ra. Only Hae Ra.” He continued.

“I do get you. Let’s break up… If this is what you want.” I looked away, hiding my tears. His grip on my wrist loosened and he finally let go. “Thanks for everything.” He said and walked away.

I grabbed my school bag and headed to the office saying that I needed to go home because I wasn’t feeling well. They let me go after seeing my condition. I must’ve looked real bad.

When I reached home, I ran to my bedroom and cried and cried and cried. My first love… All a dare… Someone who I loved… True heartedly… It was all a dare… All the good times we spent together… He lied. He said he would never leave me for her. But he did… Said all those harsh things. Was I just a toy? Someone you could experiment on to fell what if feels like to be in a relationship.

When he said those words, I was hurt. Very hurt but I can’t be selfish to hold him back so I broke up with him… For all I knew, he never once truly loved me.

To make things better, he ended it on our 1 year anniversary. Thank you very much. I cried for a long time…

“Just know Sehun… I loved you with all my heart. No lies. Nothing. I loved you for who you are…” I then smiled a sad smile before drifting to sleep.

***

I felt someone looking at me. I then looked up and saw the couple on the bench looking at me. I knew who they were. I got up and dusted my shorts and grabbed my book. I looked up again and flashed a sad smile at the couple. They flashed back a smile at me too. Eyes full of regret and sadness.

Live happily Sehun and Hae Ra…

I then walked away and headed back home.

Well, I don’t hate any of them. Every day is a lesson. Life goes on~


A/N Thank you so so so much for reading :) Do drop many many many comments. Did you cryyyy c: I'm so evil. NGEHE. Do Subscribe, Comment and Upvote!! Once again, I thank you all for reading 'Dared To Love...' xD