Anxiety

Hyung and Maknae

“This is Kwon Jiyong.  He’s your new leader.  A contract has been signed already and he has the necessary skills,” the president of YG speaks, voice sharp and soft at the same time before taking his leave.  Immediately, the room breaks out in soft, harsh murmurs, taken completely by surprise.  

 

He can feel the others’ burning gazes on him, criticizing his dirty appearance, scrutinizing his every move.  They are angry, he can tell- probably because he had just replaced the previous leader.  Jiyong feels incredibly awkward and scared, standing before the idol group that Yang Hyun-Suk is placing him in.  Already, his insecurity is striking, even though the people staring at him currently are his future bandmates, people he should consider brothers.

 

This is, of course, assuming he isn’t kicked out.  Jiyong is well aware that his chances of staying are extremely slim; he isn’t sure what strange urge had overcome Hyun-Suk when he had picked him off the streets a week ago and told him that he was making him the leader of an upcoming idol group, but it isn’t going to last.  In fact, the man’s probably in his office now, wondering, regretting why he had decided to do such an impulsive, irrational thing.

 

in a breath, a man with messy black hair and a strong, trained body steps forward.  His face is handsome, the bags underneath his eyes so prominent that Jiyong briefly considers calling him a panda, even imagining him as one.  He silently giggles at his own thoughts.

 

“Hey, I’m Lee Seunghyun, Seungri for short.  I was going to be the leader, but I guess he thinks that you’re going to be a better fit,” he states easily, flashing a winning, but obviously fake, smile that makes the younger feel even more insignificant.  His actions are polite, but he can see the judging and quiet fury flickering within his eyes.  The simple greeting seems to snap the other members out of their thoughts, all of them clearly already acquainted with one another.  

 

They introduce themselves as well,  a bit grudgingly he feels.  He can’t blame them.  The muscular, gentle one is Dong Youngbae, who has been in YG for over 6 years alongside Seungri.  Kang Daesung is the who keeps smiling, eyes scrunching up rather adorably.  Choi Seunghyun has a deep voice, but doesn’t speak much, giving off a mature sort of aura that is completely negated by his childish behavior.  They are all so experienced, so trained and professional and attractive, each in their own way that he wants to run away and hide in shame.  Jiyong is well aware of his appearance, hair long and unbrushed, hanging in front of his gaunt face.  Baggy, torn clothes didn’t do much to help their impression of him either.  Even though the other members are not mean or rude to him in any way, he knows that they don’t like him, that they think that he probably got in through special connections, for why else would he suddenly be made the leader?

 

“So…” Seungri trails off, eyeing him.  “I suppose you rap, since that’s what YG has been looking for for a few months by now.”

 

“Y-yeah,” Jiyong stutters out brokenly, face flaming up.  At this, the older boy lifts an eyebrow.

 

“Can you demonstrate for us?”

 

Jiyong freezes up, paling.  “U-ummm….” he all but whimpers, but Youngbae throws a toned arm around Seungri’s shoulders.

 

“Don’t be so harsh on the kid,” he murmurs, clapping his hand on the other’s back in a friendly manner.  “Jiyong, right?  Sorry about this guy,” he says, pointing to Seungri with his thumb.  “He’s kind of demanding and self-centered, but he doesn’t mean any harm.”  The boy in question smirks at Youngbae and the two forget about Jiyong as they begin practice again.

 

He stares helplessly at the group until Daesung takes notice, approaches, and asks, “Do you know any of the routines?”  Jiyong only shakes his head ashamedly, but the other boy smiles brightly.  “That’s okay, here I’ll show you….”

 

“No, it’s alright,” Seungri interrupts suddenly, stepping between the two.  “Daesung, you still have to practice; your dancing is still a bit messy and the debut stage is coming up.  I’ll teach it to him.”  

 

Daesung pouts a bit, but leaves obediently.  Seungri turns to Jiyong and begins showing him some of the dances they’re working on.  “Where’s Jiyong?  YG wants me to work with him.”  All the heads snap to the door, where a man is leaning on the frame.  He straightens up from his position and offers Jiyong a small smile, which furthers the cool aura he has surrounding him.  Suddenly, Jiyong feels the urge to kneel upon his feet, since he might as well be a real-life Greek god, with his powerful, ripping muscles and burning gaze, not to mention his stylish hair.  “Come on,” he says in a friendly manner as he turns to leave.  Jiyong spares the others one last anxious glance, shivering at the stares before scrambling to catch up with the man.

 

The two walk side-by-side down the hallways at a leisurely pace, though Jiyong’s heart is beating fast as he nervously watches the other out of the corner of his eye.  He jumps out of his skin when the man talks.  “I’m Dongwook, though my stage name is Se7en-”

 

“Wait, you’re Se7en?!” Jiyong abruptly exclaims, eyes lighting up in excitement before he realizes he just interrupted rather rudely with his outburst.  Hastily, he tries to redeem himself, blabbering, “Oh, u-uhm, sorry for cutting you off.  It’s just that you’re really famous and I’ve seen you on T.V. and you’re really cool and a really good singer- oh and your dancing is amazing and-”  He stops suddenly and ducks his red face when he realizes Dongwook is chuckling.  ‘I’m so embarrassing’, Jiyong thinks miserably.  

 

“Hey, no need to look so ashamed.  I mean, I know I’m pretty awesome.”  Dongwook wriggles with his eyebrows with a smirk, and that’s all it takes to get the teenager choking in laughter.  “So, Kwon Jiyong right?”  The addressed boy bobs his head in agreement, unbrushed hair flying with the movement.  “Do you have a stage name yet?”

 

“Stage name?” the other echoes, eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

 

“The name that people will know you by.” He gestures to himself.  “Like, mine is Se7en.  Little Seunghyun is, well, Seungri.”

 

“Because it means victory?” Jiyong questions innocently.

 

“Yup, that arrogant brat.”  Dongwook says it in a fond way that tells Jiyong that he doesn’t really mean it.

 

“I think he should be called Panda.”

 

Dongwook snorts.  “Go tell Seungri that.  I’m sure he’ll love the idea.  Anyways, continuing on, Daesung is D-Lite.  Youngbae is Taeyang and Seunghyun, the big one, is T.O.P.”

 

The boy giggles and the elder looks at him funnily.  “It’s just, the name T.O.P.  It’s kind of funny…”

 

Rolling his eyes, Dongwook asks, “So what’s your going to be?”  

 

Jiyong furrows his eyebrows, bites his lips, and pulls a childish thinking face without meaning to.  He’s silent for a few minutes, before shyly mumbling something.

 

“Repeat that?”

 

“G-Dragon,” Jiyong repeats, cheeks red.  Dongwook looks at him in surprise.

 

“Where’d you get that name from?”

 

“G sounds like Ji, and Yong means dragon. I know it's childish and all, but-”  


Dongwook cuts him off, grinning brightly.  “I think that’s a great name, Jiyong.”


First chapter!  It's kind of awkward and everything, and I don't really know how to go on with it hehe.  I take a long time writing mainly because I do it on-and-off and go for weeks at a time without glancing at the story.  Forgive me please >3<.

 Still, I hope it was alright...  Suggestions are, of course, welcome!   See you next chapter!