Promise You (ft. Ryeowook)

Oldshots

"I'll tell you how I feel about you when I come back and visit you, I promise." 

That's what your crush, Ryeowook, told you, when he left to debut, after only having two months of training. 

It's been a long ten years. 

You've waited and watched him blossom into a wonderful man with a voice so nostalgic. 

He never really had time to visit you. 

But you knew he would keep that promise. 

He's Kim Ryeowook. 

You knew him better than you knew yourself. 

He was like an open book. 

Never lied, and was a total sweetheart. 

Caring, wished the best for anyone, even if they were strangers to him, and often cringed in terror when hearing about something horrible. 

Yet, he still let you lean on him. 

He still took care of you, and protected every ounce of your being. 

That's what made you so attracted to him. 

He wasn't afraid to save you from harm.

Even if it was a train at 110 mph. 

He would push you out of the way. 

It wasn't until the last day you had with him, that you confessed your feelings. 

He didn't answer your confession, but he promised to when he came back. 

You assumed he would come back after about a year, so you waited. 

That's what you told yourself every year, when his absence was choking, and that empty void that was supposed to be next to you was unfilled. 

Still, you kept on waiting for ten years. 

You knew Ryeowook. 

He wasn't the type to lie to you - especially you. 

But as honest as he was, you started to doubt his promise. 

Did he even remember it?

Probably not, huh...

Afterall, he's a famous celebrity now. 

He's probably got cuter girls knocking on his door. 

And he'll probably enjoy their company, since he's such a nice guy. 

Sighing, you dismissed your thoughts, as you heard a knock on the door. 

You went to go get it, and suddenly, behind the door, was him.

Ryeowook. 

Your eyes were wide, as he gave you a just as wide grin. 

"R-Ryeowook?" you stuttered. 

He gave a firm nod. 

"Annyeong, Sookyung! Did you miss me?" he joked. 

You rolled your eyes, and let him inside, shutting the door once he stepped inside. 

"Of course, pabo. It's been ten years. Why didn't you contact me? I could've picked you up," you pouted. 

He laughed a bit, and it sounded so heavenly. 

"I wanted to surprise you." he responded, scanning the interior of your house. 

"Sit down," you offered, leading him into the kitchen. "I'll get some tea." 

He nodded, and you went to the cupboard, and carefully took out delicate, ivory cups with intricate designs of flowers on them, and a matching tea pot. 

You scooped in some green tea leaves, and pushed a button for hot water. 

"You have a nice house," Ryeowook observed. 

You chuckled a bit. 

"It's small," you replied, putting the cups and pot on a tray. 

"Ani," he replied. "It's just right." 

You stifled a laugh, but nodded, setting the tray on the table, and pouring the tea. 

He took his cup gratefully, and sipped out of it. 

You two talked the rest of the day, yet he didn't mention about his promise at all. 

You were convinced that he totally forgot.

 

You fell asleep without even knowing it. 

You remember that you were watching TV in the living room, and Ryeowook sat next to you, after he finished unpacking in the guest room. 

He covered a warm, fluffy blanket over you and him, and you two both watched dramas and variety shows together, laughing and tearing up at the same time. 

After ten years, he still was the same guy you knew. 

Funny, easygoing, a rule follower, and the same him. 

He even offered to cook for you to show his gratitude for letting him stay at your house for free.

You laughed, but agreed, since you knew how stubborn he was at these kinds of things. 

Nothing stopped him.

Even if a tiger was in his path, he would still try to get past it without hurting it. 

That's just who he was. 

You stayed in the living room, listening to the crackle of oil on a heated up pan, and to the sound of the TV.

"Sookyung," Ryeowook called gently from the kitchen. 

You turned your head, and got out from under the sheets, shivering a bit at the breeze that flew at you.

"Kamsahamnida," you smiled as you walked into the kitchen, smelling the aroma. "What'd you make?" 

You peered at the food curiously, and saw a folded omlet on your plate with ketchup on it, and you instantaneously knew what it was. 

"Omo, you made omurice! My favorite!" you said excitedly, causing Ryeowook to chuckle. 

"Sookyung, you haven't changed one bit," he laughed. 

You pouted. 

"You didn't either." 

He laughed a bit more, and once he finally regained yourself, he handed you a spoon. 

You took it gratefully, and waited for him to sit down, wiggling like a child. 

Ryeowook laughed as he watched you. 

"You're so childish," he chuckled. 

You pouted again. 

"Ani, I just really like omurice. Especially when you make it!" you smiled, and he sheepishly blushed, looking down and rubbing the nape of his neck awkwardly. 

"Th-thank you." he replied. "My cooking isn't so great so..." 

"I'm sure it's amazing. You're Ryeowook," you commented. 

"Yeah... If you say so," he replied, digging his spoon in, and you doing the same. 

It was somewhat quiet between you two, which was a new experience for you. 

You and him always talked. 

You dismissed it however, since you were eating and you just assumed that his mouth was full. 

Later, after you washed all the dishes - with Ryeowook's help, since he insisted so much - you laid under the covers on the couch, next to him. 

You two watched more variety shows, laughing along with each other. 

But you don't quite remember when you out. 

The last thing you could recall was that you were drowsy, but Ryeowook was still wide awake. 

He was watching Running Man, and laughed just at the right places. 

You remember you put your head on his chest. 

It was stronger than you had remembered it to be. 

It was then when you realized that he really did grow up. 

That it's not the same as so many years ago. 

He wasn't the same. 

He wasn't a kid anymore. 

He's Ryeowook. 

 

You woke up the  next morning hearing an angel's sweet voice. 

Your vision was still fuzzy, but you knew by the voice, who that angel was. 

"Promise you," Ryeowook sang, his voice soft and gentle, and quiet enough so that you wouldn't wake. 

He was admiring your soft hair, brushing through the long strands with his fingers. 

"I will live thinking of you. We are the one from heart to heart." he continued. 

You listened to his song carefully.

"Promise You. What I want to tell is just "I love you." I will promise the piece of eternity.

You were processing this in your head. 

What was he trying to say?

"I will promise the piece of eternity," he whispered into your ear. 

"Ryeowook," you mumbled, your voice hoarse from waking up. 

You turned your head to meet his gaze, and he flinched, surprised. 

"Y-you're awake," he stuttered. 

You sat up and faced him. 

"What do you mean by that?" 

"By what?" he asked, his gaze darting elsewhere. 

"That song," you answered. 

He didn't reply. 

"Ryeowook? That's the answer for the promise right...?" you asked, hope filling you. 

He still didn't reply. 

"Wook-" 

"Yes." he interrupted you, and looked at you in the eyes, firmly and seriously. 

Your eyes widened. 

Shock overcame you, and you were suddenly unable to speak. 

"Choi Sookyung. Do you still like me?" he asked quietly, not meeting your gaze this time. 

You nodded, and he smiled. 

"And if I asked you, would you want to be Mrs. Kim Ryeowook?" he laughed. 

"Of course," you replied honestly, relieved that your voice came back. 

He looked at you this time, and gave a smile. 

Pulling you in his embrace, you stayed there silently. 

"I like you," he said. 

"I said I like you too," you laughed.

He chuckled a bit, and swayed gently, with you in his arms. 

"I promise to love you forever. Even after you become Mrs. Kim Ryeowook," he whispered, kissing the top of your head. 

You blushed. 

"Me too." you replied. 

Ryeowook sat with you in your living room for the rest of the morning, singing to you. 

"I will promise the piece of eternity...to you." he sang and kissed your forehead lovingly, and you kissed him back on the lips, ready and excited to fufill your lifetime promise with the man of your dreams.