Departure

EQUAL

[Suga's POV]

                Today, Tae Bi went to the airport alone, wearing my favorite snapback and pair of Jordans I bought for her last night. I got annoyed when I saw what’s inside the Converse bag that Nam Joon gave to her. It’s not just a pair of sneakers, there’s also dreadlocks wig, red sunglasses, and a printed photo of Tae Bi and Nam Joon wearing those crazy stuff. Bah. Her parents sent enough money for her journey back in Maryland. My fellow members and our manager went to our company early in the morning to discuss the upcoming world tour of BTS. They all thought I was going to see my girlfriend off that’s why they gave me an exemption. However, both Tae Bi and I have decided not to see each other at the airport because we both know that she won’t let go of my hand and I won’t let her leave Seoul. We reminisced all those times we cherished together, from KBS building to an intimate relationship. Then, she left.

                However, I was itching to see her one last time. It’s too late for me to realize that we’re both wrong. We made the wrong decision. How could I not see her off? Why didn’t I kiss her or hug her for one last time before she left this place?

I ran outside the dorm and grabbed a taxi to take me to the airport.

                Gladly, we encountered no traffic and I arrived fifteen minutes earlier than the usual at the airport. I held onto her necklace to keep myself from panicking. She gave me her puzzle pendant to prove that she will return. But no, she was wrong. I always want her to wear this necklace as a reminder of my endless love for her wherever she is.

                I jumped out of the cab and a plane just took off above us.