Chapter 3

Panic Attack

Opposite attracts.

That may be the best phrase to portray Junhyung and Hyunseung’s relationship.

Hyunseung was a popular person. He easily adapted at work, making new friends, laughing with the people he just knew. Hyunseung was also ually attractive, too. Junhyung often finds his colleague’s eyes onHyunseung, staring at him like hungry wolves ready to attack the rabbit. Sometimes he cursed those tight pants that fit perfectly on Hyunseung’s .

Junhyung was the opposite. He was the quiet, loner, unpopular person. That was not entirely true though, because Junhyung hang out a lot with Dongwoon, the most popular person at work, because of his coolness. And that obviously makes him popular. But he was also cool in a scary way. No one dares to talk with Junhyung—unless they have a crush on him, but then again, who has a crush on a scary person? (Obviously the prettiest male in the office did.)

One glance at Junhyung and Hyunseung, and then there would be questions. Their relationship—or was it their PDA?—wasn’t like KiWoon or DooSeob’s couple. If you take a look at the way Dongwoon stared at Kikwang you’d know that he stared at the older male like there was no other one in his life. And when you saw how Doojoon glanced at Yoseob you’d realize that his eyes always follow the shorter male. But if you observe Junhyung and Hyunseung...

...it was like they’re enemies.

Junhyung knew that Hyunseung was so, very, totally, definitely, undeniably hawt. Yes, he was that popular that Junhyung couldn’t even use the appropriate word anymore. He was hawt, the kind of hot that you feel burning in your tongue whenever you sip your hot coffee two seconds faster than you’re supposed to. Everyone loves Hyunseung. Everyone stares dreamily at Hyunseung. Everyone wants Hyunseung.

And that’s a nightmare.

Well, it wasn’t exactly nightmares though, because Hyunseung didn’t seem to pay any attention to any of the fanboys. But for Junhyung, it was killing him to catch those stares at his Hyunseung, drooling over him, and most dangerously, eye him.

But he kept it all inside.

Junhyung played it cool, he acted like nothing’s wrong. He didn’t mean to be like that. It’s just, he always had trouble expressing what’s on his mind. No matter how much anger Junhyung felt inside, he just couldn’t say it straight forwardly. When he’s angry, disappointed, jealous, Junhyung’s always quiet. But then again, he was always quiet so no one really knows what he feels... That’s why Junhyung could only crash his lips against Hyunseung’s, claiming what’s his, because he couldn’t talk. He couldn’t tell Hyunseung how much he’s afraid of losing him, how much he loves the doe eyed male deeply...

He wondered if Hyunseung understood.

There were times when Junhyung was jealous, but he couldn’t show it.

He could only glared, or looked away, or pretending not knowing anything about it.

In public.

When Junhyung finally was alone with Hyunseung, he’d kiss him like there’s no tomorrow, he’d hug him like he’d never let go, he’d touch him like they haven’t met in ages. And though few words were said, but Hyunseung knew. He knew what it meant, he knew what Junhyung was trying to say underneath the cool mask and cold expression.

Hyunseung knew, that Junhyung is head over heels for him.

 

 

***

 

 

“Did you see the color of the pants Hyunseung-ssi was wearing?”

Junhyung’s ears immediately became highly sensitive at the mentioning of his boyfriend’s name. He was sitting in his cubicle, typing a short review for Dongwoon. His co workers were on their break, so they were standing in the hallway near him, talking with a cup of coffee on their hand. Junhyung was focus before, but then he became alert. He kept quiet and typing, although his anger was starting to rise inside.

“He was...so God alike, you know?”

“Yes!”, Jiyong said dreamily. “Who wouldn’t kill to have a boyfriend like him...”

Tak tak tak tak tak tak tak tak tak.

“Yeah...speaking of boyfriend, does he have one?”

“Hmm. I don’t think so.”

“Well if he doesn’t have one, I’m gonna convince him to go out with me!”

Junhyung fumed, but decided to keep it calm. He was the second coolest in the office, afterall.

Tak tak tak tak tak tak tak tak tak.

One of the guy, whose name is Seunghyun, but usually called Top, turned his head to Junhyung in his cubicle, frowning at the sound of the keyboard typing, but decided to shrug it off. “You’re gonna lose.”

“Hey, I will not! But naahh. You go get him.”

“I will try. Wish me luck, then.”

“Just don’t go seducing him. He deserves a nice, gentle guy for a boyfriend, you know?”

TAK TAK TAK TAK TAK TAK TAK TAK TAK TAK TAK.

Despite his cool expression, Junhyung was the keyboard massively. It was quite a scary view.

“Um...what is he doing?”, Jiyong whispered and nudged Top in the ribs. The latter only frowned and shaking his head, feeling uncertain.

Suddenly Junhyung stood up abruptly, startling both males—Jiyong almost fell to the floor, didn’t expect such surprising act—and threw them a smile, but somehow Top could see a deathscythe behind Junhyung—before walking past the two males and disappeared in the corner, leaving Jiyong and Top blinked in confusion.

“What the hell just happened?”

“Beats me.”

“He’s scary. I never knew what he’s thinking. He’s just...too scary.”

“...let’s stay the hell out of his way, then. I wouldn’t want to die so young.”

Junhyung tried to calm himself while dashing to Dongwoon’s office. He gripped his flash disk with a death grip, and he could feel his nails were digging into his skin. He’s your boyfriend. He’s your boyfriend. He’s your boyfriend. He’s yours. He’s yours. He’s yours. I knew it! I shouldn’t’ve let him wearing that damn pants! Now all the guys were probably talking about his whole day!

He finally reached Dongwoon’s office, barged in and threw the flash disk casually to his friend, which the latter caught easily. Junhyung nodded, giving him a thumb up before walking out in haste.

Dongwoon sighed and shook his head. Lately, Junhyung’s mood seemed to change easily. And just like Hyunseung who knew that he’d gone crazy for Kikwang, Dongwoon knew Junhyung would be moody when it comes to Hyunseung. But Dongwoon had never protested. So far, despite the mood, Junhyung’s work was still excellent. His report was still on time, and the sentences were nicely arranged—just like what a normal Junhyung will do. He knew he could always count on Junhyung.

Dongwoon inserted the flash disk to read the review. A moment later, his face went blank.

They were all in caps lock.

 

 

***

 

 

It was a tiring day and Junhyung just wanted to go home soon.

And damn, how he missed his Hyunseung so much.

Junhyung gathered his things and shoved them all rather roughly in to his bags. He stopped, grabbed his phone from the pocket and speed dialed his boyfriend’s number. Junhyung’s just gonna ask him if he wants to go home together...and maybe grab dinner on the way home...and preferably cuddling on the couch, watching tv...but wait, Hyunseung’s not picking up.

He sighed tiredly. Just when I need him the most.

Junhyung decided to go home by himself and couldn’t help that he suddenly feels grumpy. So when Dongwoon suddenly emerged in front of him, he snapped.

“Hyung, the review—“

“What?? Didn’t I finish it already??”

“—was so great, I had to tell you that. Be careful on your way home,” Dongwoon quickly said and disappeared as soon as he came. It’s clear that he’s gonna stay late fixing up Junhyung’s work. Even Dongwoon feared the moody Junhyung.

Junhyung growled silently and mumbled “See you tomorrow” incohorently at his co workers who were still in their cubicles, and was heading for the lift when he suddenly heard a familiar giggle nearby. Junhyung stopped.

“Act like you mean it!”, Hyunseung giggled and hit the person in front of him playfully.

“Okay. I love you,” Jiyong laughed whole heartedly.

“Seriously!”

“Okay. I love you,” his expression changed from playful to deadly serious.

Junhyung felt his heart was stabbed with a knife.

“Hmm...”, Hyunseung looked thoughtful and Jiyong intertwined their fingers together.

Th—that’s my boyfriend’s hand you’re holding, you son of a !!!

Junhyung felt like screaming but no, he was still freezing on his track. The pain in his heart indicated another blade was stabbed to his other side of heart. It was bleeding.

“I love you too, Hyung...”

This time, a javelin was piercing his heart and went through his back. If only it’s not imaginary, Junhyung would’ve been kneeling on the carpeted floor, clutching his chest and drowning in blood.

Suddenly the drama was over. He saw Hyunseung and Jiyong giggled to each other like nothing serious happened. Hyunseung looks so happy. His giggle. His laugh. His perfect smile. And his hand was still linking with Jiyong’s.

Junhyung died at the scene.

The sound of the lift snapped Junhyung back to reality. He stood dumbly for a moment, wondering if he should call Hyunseung again to his phone or not. To tell him that he’s watching. To tell him that he loves him so ing much.

Someone called him from inside the lift, asking if he’s gonna get in or not. Junhyung nodded at the person sadly, feeling his heart breaking to pieces and he left the office without looking back.

 

 

***

 

 

Junhyung’s mood even gotten worse the next day.

He ignored Hyunseung’s calls, text messages, voice mails. He ignored everything since last night, and threw death glares at anyone who’d try to bother him—except Dongwoon, of course. Hyunseung happened to be busy that day, because if he’s not, he usually would at least show up twice a day at Junhyung’s cubicle. But the pretty male texted him several times though—which he ignored all day.

If you wanted to break up with me, meet me.

Was his only reply to all of Hyunseung’s text messages.

Junhyung had a feeling Hyunseung’s probably calling him non stop just to tell him that he accepted Jiyong’s confession. That their relationship is not working. That they’re better off be friends. That they’re... He got headaches just thinking about that.

Is Jiyong better?

Perhaps. Who knows? When it comes to feeling, you can’t guess. If that’s what Hyunseung was feeling, then how is Junhyung’s supposed to compete with that? He’s okay. He’s happy if Hyunseung’s happy.

Oh, you, Junhyung.

You can say that you’re happy if he’s happy but when you get home, you’re gonna wail and cry your tears out and listens to Celine Dion’s My Heart Will Go On like a damn Titanic fangirl.

But if, if, if, Jiyong was the best guy for Hyunseung, then he’d do his best to give them his blessing.

That thought suddenly vanished to thin air as Junhyung caught the sight of Jiyong kissing another guy in front of him.

“WHAT THE??”, he shouted spontaneously.

Jiyong broke the kiss and the male in front of him, still fluttering from the kiss, opened his eyes slowly only to find that Jiyong got a punch. He yelled in surprise and took a step back, his back against the wall, eyes widened in horror. Jiyong’s lips were bleeding and he touched them carefully before glaring at Junhyung. “What the ??”

Junhyung came lunging at Jiyong for the second time. They fell down on the carpeted floor with Junhyung screaming his lungs out.

“HE DESERVES BETTER!!”

“Who the does??”, Jiyong struggled under Junhyung’s grip on his collar. Even though they’re both slim and Jiyong was sure that in normal condition, when it comes to strength his is equivalent with Junhyung’s, but right now because of the anger, he’s clearly lost. Plus the pain on his lip was throbbing.

“YOU CONFESSED TO HIM, HE ACCEPTED IT AND HERE YOU ARE KISSING ANOTHER GUY—“

Jiyong was totally confused. “I confessed? He accepted?!!”

“I KNOW THIS GUY IS CUTE BUT SEUNG IS PRECIOUS, EVEN MORE THAN THE JEWELRY—HE’S EVERYTHING ANYONE EVER WANTS—“

“W-well, yeah, Seung is precious!! That’s why I kiss him!! I love him!!”

People were starting to gather, between curious and shocked from all the shouting. They even got more surprised to see the position Junhyung and Jiyong were in, but no one tried to separate them. Apparently they were more interested in Junhyung than to be worried about Jiyong’s life. The poor guy Jiyong kissed was still standing with his back against the wall.

“What happened?”

“It was Junhyung who’s been shouting!”

He can talk???”

Junhyung fist his hand and readied himself to blow another punch to Jiyong’s face. “YES HE’S SO DAMN PRECIOUS AND I’M OKAY IF HE LOVES YOU BACK BUT DAMMIT YOU HAVE TO BE FAITHFUL—“

“Is he your boyfriend??”, Jiyong asked the guy helplessly.

“YES!!”, Junhyung shouted.

“NO!!”, the male answered in fear.

“Okay, I’m confused. Yes or no??”

“YES!!”

“NO!!”

Jiyong facepalmed.

“Junnie!!”

Hyunseung emerged from the crowd, face flushed, apparently from running. Yoseob was behind him, it seemed like he was the one who dragged Hyunseung all the way to the crime scene—only there’s not a dead body...yet. Junhyung let go of Jiyong and pointed at him. “What’s going on?”

“He’s not worth it.”

Hyunseung frowned. “What?”

“I said he’s not worth it. You can break up with me, you can love someone else, but you’re gonna have to find someone who’s worth it. And you should ask for my approval. If I say yes, then you may date him. If I say no, then no, you can’t, for the rest of your life, because I won’t ever let you go if I think he’s not worth it—“

Someone fainted—knowing the fact that the pretty male date a scary person, perhaps?—and the other one exclaimed OH MY GOD THEY ARE DATING loudly.

“Baby,” Hyunseung cut. “GD loves Seungri.”

“—and this guy is not worth it! I won’t sacrifice our relationship for him—not now, not ever!! And yes he better damn love you good!! ...wait, what did you say?”

“GD,” Hyunseung pointed at Jiyong. “Seungri,” he pointed at the male that Jiyong kissed.

A momentarily awkward silence.

It was Yoseob’s turn to facepalm.

“B-b-but—the confession last night—“

“Oh, you saw that? We were practicing, baby. I was helping him. GD was so nervous that I offered to be Seungri—just pretending, of course. It was merely acting.”

Now the crowd were facepalming their faces.

Hyunseung suddenly leaned forward and caught his lips, hands holding both of Junhyung’s arms. Junhyung stood still, shocked from the sudden gesture, but Hyunseung was closing his eyes. The small audience stared at them in awe—especially Jiyong, because he never knew that the popular Hyunseung and the second coolest person in the office were dating. Yoseob also formed a small o, he finally could see the two of them kissing—something he’d share later with Doojoon. He should probably take a picture for proof.

Hyunseung broke the kiss and stared at Junhyung lovingly. “You’re my boyfriend, Junnie. I would never, ever break up with you. And definitely not for someone else. I love you.”

It took Junhyung a few moment to realize everything was a misunderstanding. “...”, he murmured. Junhyung turned to Seungri with a sheepish smile. “I’m so sorry. I’m an . I hope you’re okay with swollen lips? He’s a real gentleman, I assure you. A faithful one. Please accept Jiyong’s confession.”

“I-I already did...”, Seungri stuttered shyly.

Junhyung smiled awkwardly. He extended a hand to Jiyong, who took it hesitantly. When the latter was already standing, Junhyung pushed him to Seungri. “Go on, continue kissing.”

Jiyong stared at him like he’s out of his mind. Hyunseung did his best not to laugh.

“I’m sorry. I’m really sorry. I’m not good with words...”, Junhyung mumbled and walked away, cutting his way through the crowd.

“Junnie!”, Hyunseung was about to follow his boyfriend when Jiyong suddenly held his hand.

“He’s your boyfriend?”

“Yes.”

“I see...”, Jiyong recalled Junhyung’s strange behavior when he and Top were talking about Hyunseung’s pants. He mentally kicked himself. “Now that explains it.”

“Explains what?”

“Nothing. Just—just go. We’re okay.”

Hyunseung nodded and smiled apologetically at both of them, before running after Junhyung. It took him a while to find his boyfriend. He looked around in confusion until Mir told him that Junhyung went outside. Hyunseung nodded thankfully at his friend and went to the said direction.

Junhyung was sitting beside his car on the cold pavement. He looked down and pulled his own hair in frustration, sighing repeatedly. Hyunseung smiled at the view, he had no idea that his boyfriend could be depressed too. He slowly walked towards Junhyung and sat beside him. Hyunseung stayed silent, but still keeping his eyes fixed to Junhyung.

“...”

“Baby?”

“...”

“Baby, talk to me.”

“...I won’t do it anymore.”

“Do what?”

“Jealous over nothing.”

“Oh Yong Junhyung, you’re gonna have to do that more often.”

Junhyung snapped his head to the pretty male. “What?”

Hyunseung smiled and leaned his head on his boyfriend’s shoulder. “I kinda...like it, you know? I mean...you’ve always been quiet about what’s on your mind. I know you’re cool, you guys are like the Cool Trio in this office or something. But...it was nice, Junnie. To know that you...felt that way towards me.” He sighed into Junhyung’s shoulder. “I feel...loved. So loved.”

“But...I didn’t look cool anymore when I got angry.”

A chuckle. “You didn’t, right. But... I love it. I love you. I love us.”

Junhyung embraced Hyunseung and buried his face in the softness of the latter’s hair. “I love you, Seungie.”

“Mm. I know.”

“So much.”

“Mm.”

“So so so so much.”

“Okay, stop that and go back being cool. You’re only allowed to be uncool once a day.”

Junhyung rolled his eyes and Hyunseung giggled.

“And... I’m sorry for doubting you.”

“Mm,” Hyunseung looked up and their lips met softly. “Forgiven.”

And then their lips couldn’t stop meeting, and the weather was freezing, and the feeling was so tempting, so they decided to continue the kiss in the car and forgetting the fact that they had work to do. After a few minutes, it was Hyunseung who remembered.

“Wait, work—“, Hyunseung managed to say between the kiss.

Junhyung shook his head and kept on claiming Hyunseung’s lips.

Hyunseung could only let out a moan as Junhyung didn’t even give him the chance to talk. Junhyung’s tongue dance everywhere, exploring his sweet cavern, and Hyunseung shuddered at the sensation. He tried to calm down, but Junhyung’s getting more and more aggressive and Hyunseung tried to push him away. No luck.

“B—baby—“

Something’s not right. Hyunseung feels like Junhyung’s...still...jealous?

“J—Junnie, I can’t breathe—“

“That’s your punishment for making me jealous,” Junhyung said it in a quiet tone. His usual cool self. He started kissing Hyunseung down, the nape of his neck.

Hyunseung quickly covered his mouth to prevent a loud moan as Junhyung his sensitive place, teeth visibly biting his lip.

Junhyung suddenly stopped and Hyunseung became aware, as their eyes met.

“The next time you’re volunteering to be the object of someone’s confession, DO NOT LINK HANDS. Understand?”, his boyfriend murmured calmly, but his face looked annoyed. “You have a boyfriend, dammit.”

Hyunseung burst out laughing and Junhyung blinked. “Oh baby! I promise! I will not do that again!”

“...that’s good, but why are you laughing?”

Because you’re jealous but you still look so calm and composed! Oh Yong Junhyung, I love you!

The doe eyed male just shook his head in amusement before pulling Junhyung closer to a tight embrace. He grinned widely. “I love you, baby.”

“Oh, and no more tight pants for you.”

Hyunseung’s eyes widened and wailed. “Junnie~~~!!”

 

 

 

 

 

End.

 

 

 

 

 

WHAT KIND OF ENDING IS THAT? ASDFGHJKLMNBJKLLGRMBLGKRBL.