Chapter 2

Panic Attack

 

 

Yang Yoseob is not hot.

Yang Yoseob is not hot.

Dammit, Yang Yoseob is so freakingly hot.

Doojoon gulped nervously as he kept staring at the male who was standing in front of the projector, currently explaining what the slides were all about to the room. However he couldn’t focus on what Yoseob was saying. Doojoon’s gaze was on Yoseob’s lips. He felt like he’s learning to read lip language.

“So this is what we’re going to do...”, Yoseob his lips as he stopped explaining, eyes on the projector, changing the slide to the next page.

Please stop your lips.

“As I say before...”

Please stop your lips.

Doojoon almost bugged his eyes out because he was staring too hard at the standing male. Something was beating his heart hard—too hard—from inside, he was afraid it might explode. Yoseob noticed this, misreading the stare as a glare, gulping and continued talking. He stammered at first.

OH PLEASE DO CONTINUE YOUR LIPS, YANG YOSEOB.

Doojoon mentally slapped himself, and unconsciously let out a loud sigh as Doojoon facepalmed himself. The whole room turned to him, and Doojoon blinked. Even Yoseob gave him a puzzling look. Junhyung, who was sitting beside him nudged him in the ribs.

“Are you okay?”, he whispered.

Doojoon nodded before clearing his throat and stood up. “I need to go,” he coolly said. Dongwoon nodded and waved him off.

So he walked outside the room as casual as possible and closed the door softly. Once he was outside, Doojoon fished his hands to his pocket, went to the rest room and nodded at a passing female. As she disappeared out of sight, Doojoon rushed to the rest room like a mad man, leaned on the sink and panting like he’s been running all the way to work from home. His heart was beating like crazy, and he knew the reason.

Yang Yoseob was driving him mad.

 

 

***

 

 

Doojoon didn’t even go back to the meeting room even when it ended.

Yoseob was gathering his things slowly and stared at the chair where Doojoon sat before. He saw Junhyung took Doojoon’s briefcase before walking out of the room. Yoseob turned at Hyunseung, who was helping him with the presentation. “Hyung..?”

“Hm?”

“Was it boring?”

Hyunseung stopped working and stared confusedly at Yoseob. “What was?”

“My presentation,” Yoseob tried to say it casually, even though he felt sad inside. “Did I explain it...badly?”

“Not at all,” Hyunseung shook his head and continued working. “Like I said before, Dongwoon looked satisfied. As long as he’s not glaring at you or he called you privately to his office after the presentation, that means you’re won-der-ful.”

But Doojoon didn’t stay.

“Cheer up, you’re getting better and better.”

Yoseob smiled and tried his best to cheer up. Dongwoon did look satisfied today. Either he was that good or his relationship with Kikwang was really going great. “Okay...”

Hyunseung gave him a look. “You still have a thing for Dongwoonie, do you?”

Yoseob made a face before whining. “Hyung!!”

 

 

***

 

 

Doojoon was being strange.

He’s been ignoring Yoseob lately, and the latter realized it.

Yoseob was walking down the hall with Hyunseung, talking about the style of a Korean singer. He saw Doojoon with Junhyung at the end of the hall, and Yoseob did his best to gather his courage and say hi to Doojoon. He tried not to stare at the taller male longingly and continued talking with Hyunseung. Yoseob knew Doojoon was still there with Junhyung. And his mission was to say hi.

HI DOOJOON HYUNG, HOW ARE YOU?

Doojoon saw him coming and panicked for a moment. They were getting closer and closer. He thought for two options: one for greeting Yoseob as casual as possible, and two for running to save his life. Which one would it be?

Say hi Doojoonie. It’s not like he’s going to bite you.

They were getting closer.

Say hi and ask him out. It’s that easy.

Few steps more...

Holy Doojoon! It’s not too late to run!

Hyunseung realized his boyfriend was there as they reached the end of the hall and he smiled happily at Junhyung. The male leaned to his boyfriend like a spoiled child. “Hi Junnie. Hi Doojoon—Doojoonie?”

The three of them blinked and looked around.

“Where did Doojoon go?”

“I...I don’t know. He was just here...right?”

They frowned before finally Hyunseung shrugged it off. “Oh well. Nevermind. Hi Junnie,” he once again smiled like a spoiled kid and wrapped his arms around Junhyung’s neck. Yoseob, on the other hand, was confused as hell.

Where did Doojoon go?

Then Yoseob met Doojoon again when he was about to go to Dongwoon’s office to give report. Funny, their cubicles were only several places apart but it seemed like they only met in the hallways. Yoseob’s face brightened, he thought this was a chance to greet Doojoon privately, face to face, just the two of them, and he was about to say hi and strike a conversation—

—when suddenly Doojoon froze in his track, stopped and turned around to walk away to the opposite side.

Yoseob’s mouth gaped. It was obvious. He was ignored, and it was as clear as glass. Yoseob’s must’ve been staring at Doojoon’s back in shock and Hyunseung, who happened to pass by, noticed this. He frowned, switching his glances between the far away Doojoon and the shocked Yoseob. Hyunseung put on an awkward smile. “He’s just too cool.”

The shorter male pulled himself together before nodding quietly.

Okay. Yeah, he’s just too cool. Too cool to say hi?

Yoseob knew that Yoon Doojoon was like, one of the coolest person at the office (Dongwoon the first, Junhyung the second and he’s the third) and everyone adored him for being that way, but why, why in the world was Doojoon ignoring him?

Did he make a mistake?

Perhaps Yoseob did something that offended Doojoon?

Somehow he wanted to cry at his last thought. Their last conversation was like...a week ago, when Doojoon took him home and Yoseob’s father invited him for free dinner at their restaurant. Doojoon agreed though, and Yoseob found himself amazed by the taller male’s charm. His father usually only talked much with Hyunseung because the doe eyed male was so nice to everyone, but they did talk, even if it wasn’t a lively conversation as with Hyunseung, but his father talked with Doojoon, and...

...it made Yoseob happy.

They separated, saying thank you and good night, before Yoseob waved at Doojoon’s car until it disappeared out of sight.

The next morning, Doojoon changed.

Yoseob knew Doojoon was cool, but this time it was more like avoiding than being cool. He spot Doojoon at the lobby in the morning, and for the umpteenth time, tried to greet the older, but Doojoon quickly walked away at his sight before drowning in the pool of people and went to the elevator. Yoseob frowned.

Maybe Doojoon didn’t see him.

But then it was becoming so often that Yoseob wanted to cry everytime he saw Doojoon and Doojoon walked away. He even once challenged Doojoon by coming to his cubicle, but unluckily Doojoon was on the phone. Yoseob waited and beckoned Doojoon that he wanted to talk, but the latter was just ignoring him, he even put his hand mid air, as if to stop Yoseob from whatever it is that he’s been trying to say.

Yoseob walked back to his cubicle feeling sad—and heartbroken, but still thought that Doojoon was busy afterall, maybe he should wait until he’s done.

It was on Friday night that Yoseob finally had enough.

Hyunseung asked him if he’s gonna come drinking with them and Yoseob nodded. He was tired and needed something to distract his mind. Hyunseung was so happy, he said Kikwang’s gonna come too. As Yoseob stood up and cleaned his desk for Monday morning, Hyunseung went to Doojoon. He faintly heard Doojoon said yes before asking Hyunseung back,

“Who are the others?”

“Well, just us—the usual group, plus Seobie.”

“Yoseob? He’s coming?”

“Yeah. The more the merrier!”

“...I think I’m gonna pass. I remember I still have some things to do at home...”

Yoseob felt like he was hit on the back of his head with a hammer. Did he hear that right? Doojoon declined the invitation because he was coming? Yoseob wanted to turn around and yell at Doojoon, but he was too overwhelmed by sadness. He covered his mouth with his hand, didn’t know what to do. Yoseob was alright with Doojoon’s ignoring him lately, he was fine with his assumptions, but hearing this...it’s just too much.

“Yah! But you just said—“

“I change my mind, obviously,” Doojoon said quietly. “Say hi to everyone for me.”

“But you’ve never said no before—oh, Seobie? Seobie!”

Yoseob ran away, ignoring Hyunseung that’s been calling his name and was planning to run outside their office. But he was crying, and even though he was sad, thank God Yoseob’s mind was still sane, he couldn’t walk outside with tears on his cheeks. So he headed to the rest room near the lobby and plop himself down on the toilet seat. For a moment, he was just crying silently.

So Doojoon did hate him.

And why...did Yoseob feel so sad?

Yoseob sniffed to his hands. Should he try talking with Doojoon? Asking what’s wrong? But Doojoon hated him anyway, what would it do good? He wiped his tears with a hand and felt vibration on his pocket. It was probably Hyunseung calling him, he might be worried because all of a sudden Yoseob ran out like that. He sighed and tried to calm himself for a while. When Yoseob finally felt he was okay, he stood up and walked to the sink to wash his face. He stopped and listened carefully, a voice was heard somewhere.

Was it his imagination?

No, it wasn’t his imagination as he heard Hyunseung’s voice roared faintly on the hall.

“—gonna kill you if he’s crying—“

“—Seung, stop—“

“—gonna blow your car if he’s going home crying—“

“—baby, please—and Doojoon, for God’s sake, call him before he kills you—“

Yoseob blinked. Okay, someone’s gonna get killed if he doesn’t get out of there soon. He quickly splashed water to his face, and Yoseob stared at his own reflection in the mirror. He still looked sad, and he faked a smile to cover it, so that Hyunseung and the others won’t be suspicious—

—and his smile disappeared as Doojoon opened the door.

Such a bad timing.

Yoseob looked down and he washed his hands even faster before taking a paper towel and hid his face behind it. He wished Doojoon didn’t realize he was crying. Yoseob readied himself at the possibility that Doojoon’s gonna walk away again this time, and he closed his eyes in fear. But no sound of opened door was heard, and Yoseob slowly opened his eyes to his reflection in the mirror.

Doojoon was still there. He looked thoughtful for a while before stepping closer to Yoseob.

Yoseob gulped. He turned around slowly to face Doojoon.

It was a bit strange to have a cool Doojoon stared at him straight in the eyes. Afterall, the Doojoon he knew was always avoiding eye contact and ran away from him whenever they were close. So having Doojoon this close to Yoseob, it made his heart beating fast. Doojoon’s eyes were filled with...affection? Yoseob couldn’t tell, but he braved himself to open his mouth.

“Why?”

Doojoon’s eyes widened, he was confused at the question.

“Why are you...ignoring me?”

Yoseob felt like crying again, and his eyes were becoming teary. He thought he tried not to cry for the second time, but his defense was just too weak in front of Doojoon. Yoseob looked down and covered his mouth with both of his hands.

Please don’t tell me you hate me. Please...

“Please don’t cry...”

I can’t help it if you help me, Yoseob helplessly thought as his shoulders were starting to shake.

“You’re beautiful,” Doojoon breathed.

Yoseob blinked and looked up, frowning in tears. “Wha—?”

“You’re beautiful, so beautiful, too beautiful that I can’t take my eyes off of you and I just can’t control myself everytime you’re near me and I was scared—“

“Whoa!”, Yoseob put his finger on Doojoon’s mouth to shut him up. “Slowly. One by one.”

Doojoon exhaled and looked down. “I can’t. I became nervous whenever I’m near someone I like and I can’t focus, I’m panicked and I’m scared of rambling senseless things—which what I’m doing precisely—and then you’ll hate me for rambling and then—“

“Wait! Repeat that!”

“Rambling?”

“No! The nervous sentence!”

“I became nervous whenever I’m near someone...I like...”, Doojoon trailed off and Yoseob stared at him, touched by the words.

“You...like me?”

Doojoon looked really nervous. “May I...may I kiss you?”

Yoseob blinked stupidly and nodded.

So Doojoon did. He leaned forward and kissed Yoseob’s lips longingly. It was just a kiss, a sweet kiss, the kind of kiss you’d give your boyfriend for the first time. Doojoon didn’t want to pull away, but Yoseob’s scent was so alluring that he forgot to breathe. He finally pulled away, panting, and Yoseob gasped for air. They stared at each other shyly for a moment.

“More?”

Yoseob nodded eagerly. “More.”

So they did. Doojoon wrapped his arms around Yoseob’s waist and the latter wrapped his around Doojoon’s neck, and this time the kiss was more intimate. Yoseob didn’t know why, but the kiss was like paying everything off. As they kissed, he couldn’t help but feeling cute at Doojoon’s nervousness, it was only a misunderstanding and yet he felt so happy.

Doojoon was getting more and more aggressive, Yoseob finally let out a moan and with one swift move he made Yoseob sit on the sink. The latter opened his legs willingly to allow Doojoon pulled their bodies closer. Even though it was aggressive, but Doojoon was a sweet kisser. His kiss was tender, slow and addicting. Yoseob’s never been kissed before in his life, and he was thankful to have Yoon Doojoon to be his first kiss.

Yoseob heard the door was opened, a muffled “Eep” and the sound of the door being closed. Whoever it is clearly he took off as soon as possible. Yoseob was intrigued to open his eyes, but Doojoon’s kiss was so loving, he didn’t have the strength to. A moment later, he heard the door was opened again, and Yoseob waited, but this time, no sound of the door being closed.

Someone cleared his throat, and Yoseob snapped his eyes open. Doojoon did the same and pulled away.

They broke the kiss, panting slightly, and a very blushing Yoseob stammered at the sight of Dongwoon. “D-D-D—“

Doojoon, on the other hand, just stared at his friend casually.

Dongwoon looked amused. “You do realize that...this is a public rest room, right?”

 

 

***

 

 

Now that Doojoon’s officially Yoseob’s boyfriend, he told the others to have fun without them and that he’s gonna take Yoseob home. Dongwoon looked amused and Kikwang kept staring at him, wondering what’s wrong, and Hyunseung kept on blushing at the sight of them, obviously he’s the one who walked into the heated kiss.

Yoseob stared outside the window. He and Doojoon hadn’t talked since their first kiss, but it was alright. Yoseob knew Doojoon didn’t hate him now and he was happy, it was more than enough.

“Seobie.”

“Hm?”

“You remembered the last time I took you home?”

Yoseob pondered for a moment. Of course he remembered. Because the next day after, Doojoon changed drastically. “Yeah...”

“...I got panicked a lot around you, but that was the first time I was really, really panicked. You hugged me before I went home.”

He did? Yoseob blinked and turned to Doojoon. He did.

“And ever since that time, I was just...confused with what I feel. Besides the fact that I rant endlessly whenever I feel nervous, and I just...I just kinda freaked out. And your father...”

“Wh—what’s wrong with my father?”

“Nothing, when you hugged me, he... I saw him giving me his thumb up.”

Yoseob facepalmed. Appa, is this all your fauuuulttt?

“But...”, Doojoon caressed Yoseob’s cheek lovingly from his seat. “I’m glad we settle everything tonight.”

Yoseob smiled and leaned to his boyfriend’s touch. “Yeah...”

They finally arrived and Yoseob stared at Doojoon. “Are you coming?”

“Maybe next time? Rest early tonight. You’re tired, right? You’ve been yawning since afternoon. And if I let you go with Hyunseung and the others, I bet you’d fall asleep right now despite the club’s so noisy.”

Yoseob pouted but smiled anyway. “My boyfriend’s so nice. I’ll see you tomorrow?”

“Hm,” Doojoon said and pulled him for a hug. “...I love you, Yoseobie.”

Yoseob hugged him tighter and nodded into Doojoon’s shoulder. “I love you too, Doojoonie.”

And nothing was more comforting for Yoseob, than being in his boyfriend’s embrace.

 

 

 

 

 

End.

 

 

 

 

 

Cliff hangie? I’m sorry, can’t help but writing this! I know the chapter says complete, but if you don’t mind me writing another chapter...how about a JunSeung one? No? ;_;