Chapter 1

Panic Attack

Title: Panic Attack

Author: Flowery

Pairings: KiWoon, JunSeung and slight!DooSeob

Warnings: BoyxBoy love. Enough said.

Author’s Notes: Can’t get enough of KiWoon! Hope you don’t mind... <3

 

 

***

 

 

The first time Yoseob got accepted into the company, he was excited. It was a very prestigious one, where you’d find handsome, gorgeous males dressed in expensive suits with shining aura that might blinded your eyes. Of course Yoseob was overreacting. He didn’t even dream to be working in such company, if it weren’t for his father.

His father was the owner?

No.

His father was the owner of the restaurant that the gorgeous males happened to drop by one night.

And the red haired one caught Yoseob’s attention.

He was so tall, and his face got this western look that even makes him looked more handsome. But most of all, it was the cool, icy aura on him. He was quiet compared to his other friends. While the others were talking and laughing, he only gave them a smile and a nod, a sign that he’s actually listening. He was mysterious and Yoseob was damn curious.

Then his father started talking with the gorgeous males, asking how the food was, and the weather was warm tonight, and it went somewhere around politics and economics and ended in asking if his son could actually apply for the company.

Yoseob choked.

The prettiest male of them all grinned. “Just send the CV and I’ll arrange the interviews.”

The scary one beside the pretty one nodded.

The mature looking one, only stared at Yoseob in an...unreadable expression.

And the red haired male, the coolest one of them all, didn’t look like he actually give a damn.

 

 

***

 

 

Later, Yoseob knew that the cool guy’s name is Son Dongwoon. He was, surprisingly the Head of the department Yoseob got into. And more surprisingly, a year younger than Yoseob. Yoseob had been observing him since the first day of his work, and even gotten more curious ever since. He wondered if Dongwoon ever talks more than five words. Or two sentences. He wondered if Dongwoon understands jokes, because everytime someone tries to crack a joke in front of him, he’d frown, or blink. Yoseob only caught Dongwoon smiled once, and that was because of Mir.

And surely it’s because Mir is a dork adorable.

Yoseob was paired a lot with the prettiest one, whose name turned out to be Jang Hyunseung. He was pretty, and Yoseob quickly realized that almost everyone in the office wanted him. But Hyunseung paid no attention to them, becaused he seemed to be in a relationship.

Luckily, Hyunseung joined Dongwoon a lot, along with his friends who were with him at the restaurant. The scary one’s name is Yong Junhyung, and the mature looking one is Yoon Doojoon. Yoseob must have been staring a lot at Dongwoon in curiosity until one day, Hyunseung decided to talk to him about it, right after he found Yoseob gaping for the umpteenth time as Dongwoon passed by.

Hyunseung cleared his throat. “Yoseob-ah.”

“Yes, Hyung?”

“I don’t know if you notice...but he’s not available, you know.”

Yoseob blinked. “What do you mean, Hyung?”

“Dongwoonie...he’s in a relationship.”

It took five seconds for Yoseob to understand the sentence completely, before opening his mouth to another gape.

“!@&$*%&!*@(^@#!!! What the hell, Hyung???”

Now it was Hyunseung’s turn to blink. Did Yoseob just curse, or it’s just another language that he hasn’t heard of?

“Obviously. You have a thing for Dongwoonie.”

“Wha—I—a thing—Dongwoon-ssi???”, Yoseob stuttered confusedly.

“Well, you’ve been...drooling over him for the past few weeks...”

Yoseob was blushing furiously. “Oh, I—I didn’t like him, Hyung! I—seriously! I didn’t like him! I have no feeling whatsoever! I’m just...I’m just curious!”

Hyunseung frowned. “Curious?”

“Yeah! I...I mean,” Yoseob was finally calmed down and looked somewhat embarassed. “He was so cool. I’ve never seen anyone like him before. And I just...kind of wondering, I guess...but, I really, really have nothing for him, Hyung. I swear.”

Hyunseung let out a long “ooh” and crossed his arms, nodding vigorously. “Okay then.”

“So it means nothing, alright? It’s because he’s so cool.”

“Okay.”

So cool.”

“Okay...”

“...”

“Dongwoonie’s not that cool anyway.”

“Huh?”

“I know someone who’s even cooler.”

Hyunseung looked like he was smiling to himself in glee before glancing over at Yoseob and waved his hand. Yoseob was left dumb founded.

 

 

***

 

 

Yoseob was working late. He was given the assignment to arrange tomorrow’s meeting, so he had to stay up late and working on the powerpoint. It was heaven when Dongwoon said he liked how Yoseob worked and was willing to give him a chance. He’s been blushing and smiling like crazy all day, Hyunseung even got a bit scared around him.

The cool guy complimented me!

Hyunseung could see the <3 <3 <3 around Yoseob’s face and shook his head. Would it be okay to repeat a “HE’S NOT AVAILABLE” sentence loudly and clearly? The latter realized the expression on his Hyung’s face.

Wait. Yoseob did not like Dongwoon. Lately he realized that he’s just adoring Dongwoon, for being wise, success, and don’t forget cool, on his age. He’s still young and he got everything. Yoseob also noticed that Dongwoon was wearing a ring, but it didn’t look like an engagement or wedding ring, it’s just an usual ring with nothing on it. But Dongwoon seemed to wear it a lot.

Hyunseung went home earlier today with Junhyung, and Yoseob thought he must be imagining things when he thought he saw the hands were linking.

Finally, he was done with the document and looked up. The room was already dark. Most of the lamps have been turned off already, except the one that’s on his cubicle. Yoseob stretched out his arms, checking the document once again before saving it into a flashdisk, got up and leave. When he passed by Dongwoon’s office, he realized that the light was still on. Feeling tired, Yoseob only shrugged and headed to the lift.

As Yoseob got into the lobby, he then met a most beautiful male ever. If he thought Hyunseung was pretty, then this one was...gorgeous.

He’s sure anyone who sees this male at least will turn around their heads and gawked for about several seconds.

The male was slender, around his height, and why did Yoseob suddenly have the thought that anyone would kill to kiss those lips?

He must’ve noticed that Yoseob’s been staring because he smiled. His eyes turned into crescents as he smiled, and he looked even more beautiful. God created such a beautiful creature, and Yoseob had just found it after twenty-something years of living.

“Hi,” Yoseob smiled back. “Waiting for someone?”

He noticed the male was wearing eyeliner. He nodded. “My boyfriend.”

“Your boyf...”, Yoseob’s eyes trailed down, and found out that he’s wearing the same ring as Dongwoon. “Don’t tell me...Son Dongwoon?”

He chuckled. “Yes...do you know him?”

“The oh-so-cool Son Dongwoon? That’s your boyfriend? Oh my God! Seriously, he’s the coolest guy I’ve ever met!”

“Cool?”, Dongwoon’s boyfriend tilted his head to one side. “Woonie?”

“Yes! Never seen a guy like him before. He’s the coolest. He’s so cool. And that cool guy has such a beautiful boyfriend like you! Aahh... I guess that must be the advantage of being a cool guy! Cool guy always gets the beautiful one! Oh my God! You guys are so perfect!”

The male blinked, watching Yoseob repeated the word cool like, several times already about his boyfriend. In a dreamily fanboy way too. “Um...”, he smiled. “I think Doojoon-hyung’s cool too?”, he said somewhat unsure.

When Yoseob was about to retort who the hell is Doojoon-hyung, Dongwoon emerged and frowned at them.

“Yoseob-ah? You’re not home yet?”

Yoseob shook his head and beamed at Dongwoon. “Dongwoon-ssi! Your boyfriend is so beautiful! You’re so lucky!”

Dongwoon only blinked, stared at the mentioned one, who looks amused now, before nodding and half dragging his boyfriend outside.

Yoseob almost slammed his flashdisk to the floor, but quickly realized he still needs it for tomorrow.

Dammit he’s so cool!

Dongwoon’s boyfriend turned around and waved his hand at Yoseob. “See you. Oh, and I’m Lee Kikwang.”

“Lee Kikwang-ssi! I’m Yang Yoseob. Nice to meet you!”

“Nice to meet you too. And by the way, you’re also beautiful, you know.”

Yoseob felt his cheeks getting hot as Kikwang complimented him. Kikwang waved once again before letting himself be pulled away by Dongwoon. Yoseob waved back slowly. No one ever told him that he’s beautiful.

Being complimented by an angel just made his day.

Yoseob came home in a really, really good mood.

 

 

***

 

 

The meeting went okay. Yoseob was a bit nervous and his hands were cold as ice. Hyunseung’s been holding his hands to warm them, and Yoseob must’ve been imagining things when he thought Junhyung was glaring daggers at him. The presentation was explained carefully and detailed. He saw Dongwoon smirking as it ended with everyone nodding in result. The red haired male only smiled simply and patted Yoseob’s shoulder before leaving the room.

“Good job, for first timer,” Hyunseung grinned.

“Really, Hyung?”

“Yeah. Or else, Dongwoonie would be frowning at you right now.”

Yoseob let out an awkward laugh. It was only just the two of them left in the meeting room, turning off projectors and all. The door swung opened suddenly, and Yoseob jumped slightly at the sound of Dongwoon entering the room, with a worried face. He blinked in confusion. Dongwoon looked like hell, his chest was heaving up and down.

“Kwangie,” he muttered and Hyunseung’s eyes widened, nodding in reply. Dongwoon tossed his car keys to Hyunseung which the latter caught easily and headed towards the taller male.

Yoseob stared at them both in curiosity and confusion when the other two were dashing—well, most likely running to the door. “H-hey! What’s going on? I’m coming with you!”

Dongwoon didn’t look like he cared at all. He was panic, and Yoseob noticed it. They managed to make it to Dongwoon’s car, alive, after he decided he’s not gonna wait for the elevator and ran to the stairs, causing the other two to follow. EIGHT FLOORS. Yoseob cursed himself and he felt like his feet were gonna break from all that running. Dongwoon got in the driver seat, but Hyunseung quickly pulled his collar.

“I’m driving,” the pretty one hissed. Dongwoon obeyed.

Yoseob stumbled into the back seat just in time as Hyunseung started the engine and screeched the tires. He gasped as he managed to position himself to sit. What the hell happened?

Dongwoon’s phone rang and he quickly answered it.

“I’m on my way, baby.”

Then Dongwoon ruffled his own hair in frustration and bowed his head down. A loud sigh was heard.

“Don’t cry, Kwangie. I’m on my way. Is it still hurt? Can you move? Okay, just—just stay there. I’ll be there soon. Just keep talking to me, okay? And stop crying. I’m coming.”

Yoseob instinctively counted and his mouth formed a big O. Wow. More than five words. More than two sentences. He can actually talks!

“Hyung, hurry,” Dongwoon said impatiently to Hyunseung as they stopped by the red light.

“This is not a helicopter! I have to obey the red light!”

Dongwoon clicked his tongue in disappoinment, shifting nervously in his seat, eyeing the red light. When it turned green, he screamed, “GO HYUNG!!!!”

Yoseob was shocked in the backseat.

 

 

***

 

 

They finally arrived at the apartment with a extreme pullover just like one in the movies. SAVE MEEEE, Yoseob inwardly yelled as voices couldn’t even escape from his mouth anymore. While Dongwoon ran away inside, Hyunseung and Yoseob waited in the car, and a few minutes later he appeared, carrying a crying Kikwang. When they got into the car (Dongwoon and Kikwang were sitting on the backseat, pushing Yoseob aside), Hyunseung sped up to the hospital. Kikwang was sniffing to Dongwoon's chest and kept whispering he's sorry. Yoseob put his hand on Kikwang's back to rub him, but quickly stopped when Dongwoon gave him a death glare.

Okay, mental note: Not to touch Son Dongwoon's boyfriend anymore. Yoseob sank back to his seat, still shocked.

When they got to the hospital, Hyunseung dropped Dongwoon in the entrance before pulling over to the parking lot. He was about to lock the car when he realized Yoseob was still inside.

“Yoseob-ah, come on!”

Yoseob finally able to grasp himself and recovered from the shock. He followed Hyunseung in to the hospital and waited patiently.

Kikwang sprained his feet when he was dancing. It was so painful and he couldn’t bear it, so he started to cry and luckily his phone wasn’t that far from him, and called Dongwoon. He sniffed and told Dongwoon he’s sorry for bothering him in the middle of working hours, but Kikwang was just unsure of what to do, whether should he just put some ice on it or go to the hospital.

And Yoseob got another shock attack.

It was just a sprain and Dongwoon was acting like Kikwang’s in labor.

They’re finally done and Hyunseung drove back to the apartment, this time Yoseob sat on the passenger seat. He noticed Dongwoon’s been holding Kikwang like a fragile crystal, enchanting soothing words, but what made Yoseob amazed even more was that he was smiling.

THE COOL GUY WAS SMILING. ASKGFKLSKDGJDKAJJSKFDGK.

By the way, Yoseob just tweeted that.

He’s been working for a month and not even once, he saw that kind of smile from Dongwoon. He heard little laughs from the backseat. Dongwoon looked happy and really fond of Kikwang. He Kikwang's hair lovingly and kissed it over and over again. Yoseob smiled, and realized that Dongwoon's completely stupid concerned when it comes to his boyfriend.

Suddenly Dongwoon doesn’t look so cool anymore.

They dropped Dongwoon and Kikwang back at the apartment. Kikwang was already asleep and Dongwoon carried him as gentle as he could to not wake him up. He smiled, and the smile was the usual cool one, Dongwoon seemed to have transformed back to his cool self, now that Kikwang’s safe. “Thank you, Hyung. I’ll see you tomorrow, Yoseob-ah.”

Yoseob nodded and waved. They drove away and Dongwoon's apartment got out of sight. He turned his head to Hyunseung. “You look like you’re anticipating this, Hyung.”

Hyunseung shrugged. “It happened before. Last time, I let him drive, and I almost sent myself to the hospital for heart failure. Kikwang only cut his finger but Dongwoon acted like, well, you see it yourself.”

Yoseob chuckled. “Yes, I see that.”

They laughed momentarily and Hyunseung said, “So you know now. He’s not that cool, right?”

Yoseob smiled and looked outside his window. “Hmm. I still think he is.”

“Really?”

“Yeah.”

“How come? You saw how panic he was.”

“...true.”

They drove in silence after that. By the time they reached the office, it was almost empty, the others have gone home. Yoseob quickly headed to the meeting room to gather his stuffs while Hyunseung went to the bathroom without telling Yoseob.

He opened the door and Hyunseung found Junhyung was washing his hands and looked up. Their gazes met in the mirror. “Hey. You’re still here?”, he looked a bit surprised seeing Junhyung.

“Yes.”

“Waiting for me?”

“...yes.”

The pretty male smiled and brushed his bangs aside. “I’m sorry I made you wait, then. Shall we go home?”

Junhyung was quiet. He narrowed his eyes and grabbed Hyunseung into the bathroom stall. The latter let out a small yelp which was quickly hidden under Junhyung’s lips. His eyes were opened, as Junhyung pushed him until his back was against the thin cold wall, one arm on Hyunseung's waist and the other one was closing the door, making it a clicking sound. It was locked.

“B-baby—“

Hyunseung broke the kiss, his hands on Junhyung’s chest, looking confused.

Junhyung only stared at him before saying, “Don’t even think of making me jealous again next time,” he was calm and murmured in a quiet tone before capturing Hyunseung’s lips again. This time Hyunseung shut his eyes, and letting Junhyung’s hand trailed on his cheek to his hair, it slowly. His mind flashed back to the meeting today, he was holding Yoseob’s hands. That’s probably the reason. He didn’t mean anything though, it was purely just to encourage Yoseob before the meeting began. Seriously he didn’t think that Hyunseung was...

Damn it. Yong Junhyung. He was jealous, yet he was still so calm and composed.

Hyunseung smiled into the kiss as it deepened, and he started to wrap his arms around Junhyung’s neck.

See, Yoseob-ah? I told you I knew someone’s cooler than Dongwoon.

 

 

***

 

 

Yoseob glanced at his watch, wondering where the hell did Hyunseung go. He finally decided to go home without waiting for his Hyung. Yoseob walked slowly to the door and his mind was blank. He was tired of today's meeting, along with the experiences of Hyunseung's driving and Dongwoon's panicking.

He didn’t really focus where he was going as he tripped down the stairs on the entrance. He closed his eyes, clutching his stuffs tightly, waiting for the pain to come, instead he felt someone pulled him by the waist, preventing him from falling. Yoseob's face was pressed to someone’s chest, and he didn’t know why he felt so damn secure in the arms. He opened his eyes and stared at the mature looking one. Their gazes met and Yoseob blushed slightly. What was his name again?

He looked, um...so cool.

“Are you okay? You should be more careful, what if you tripped and you hurt yourself and no one was there to help you? Luckily I was around—“

The male went on and on with a worried face. Yoseob blinked as he realized he talked non-stop like a train, definitely ruining the cool image. Oh well...

 “I’m okay. Thank you,” Yoseob said softly and smiled. He suddenly remembered the name. “Doojoon-hyung, right?”

Doojoon nodded and smiled back. “Yoseob-ah.”

Deg.

Yoseob felt his heart skipped a beat.

He suddenly feels that it’s okay to lose the coolness in front of the people that you care. He feels that it’s okay to have those panic attacks when it comes to the people that you love.

"Yoseob-ah?"

Doojoon released Yoseob from his grip and stared at him worriedly.

"I'm taking you home. I'm gonna make sure you arrive safely. Besides what would your father say if you're hurt even if it's just a scratch? He might sue the company and I'm not so sure he's gonna let you go to work again and I--I--"

Yoseob put his hands up and Doojoon stopped rambling.

"Let's go home, Doojoon-hyung."

"Yes, yes! Let's go home."

Doojoon looked so happy and offered to bring Yoseob's stuffs. As they walked to Doojoon's car, the image of him being the mature--and also cool one changed to a happy, childish one. But Yoseob didn't mind.

And somehow, Yoseob felt like this is the one.

 

 

 

 

End.