Chapter two

evacuee

my first time going to school

 

Lu Han was clothed fully in his cotton nightgown, with his hands behind his back, swinging his weight from heel to toe. It was 8 o'clock at night and the boys were ready for bed. They had eaten their dinner, bathed and brushed their teeth. 

 

Completely lacking in subtlety, Sehun had ignored Lu Han for the entire day, after they'd finished 2 chapters of Alice's adventures in Wonderland. Every time the smaller would have asked him a question or even attempt to start a conversation with him he would blatantly avert his attention somewhere else, ignoring the boy. 

 

Lu Han was now in front of a oak door, painted a light shade of blue. The door was open, but by only mere inches. The boy took a deep breath before knocking, letting himself inside. 

 

The room was pretty cozy, there were some toys and board games arranged at one side, and there were nicely drawn images stuck onto the walls. A double bed was placed at the far left corner, and a desk was against the wall, with a wooden stool pushed underneath it. His eyes caught a certain boy, sitting statue-like under the duvet, with a book ontop of his lap. 

 

"Hello." Lu Han clenched his jaw, asking himself why he had even tried to talk to Sehun. He just shrugged it off and pulled himself up, onto the warm bed. Sehun bit his bottom lip when he felt an unfamiliar dip in the bed. Lu Han rolled feebly closer to Sehun, sitting up beside the dark haired male, peering into the book.

 

"Can you read to me again? Please Sehun-ah. Hun.." Sehun edged away from Lu Han, eyes glued onto the pages. Without a single word from the taller Lu Han sighed, sinking himself into the duvets, covering his entire body. He didn't want to be noticed by Sehun, he just feels like he's a burden to him. "You don't like me do you?" he whispered through the thick cover.

 

 

Nothing. 

 

-

 

"Sehun." The blonde breathed out,  waiting a good 10 seconds for the other to respond.  "Sehun. " He spoke more loudly, chewing at his bottom lip, scared to have disturbed the sleeping male. Nothing.  

 

"Sehun..." He whispered, tugging at his pyjamas. A groan was heard,  and the smaller flinched, feeling bad for waking Sehun up.

 

"What's wrong?" he said in an annoyed tone, as he abruptly turned around, consequently finding himself in close proximity with the pretty boy.  Lu Han's eyes batted innocently, looking up at the taller, tensing up as he noticed how Sehun's gaze softened when Sehun saw his angelic face. 

 

"…I can't sleep..." Lu Han said  absentmindedly, his words drifted off as he looked into Sehun's eyes. However Lu Han hadn't expected that Sehun would have been mad after.

 

"Urgh. I don't care. Just sleep." Sehun snapped quietly,  sharply turning his body away,  so that his back was facing the boy. Luhan's toes curled when he heard his harsh words, feeling a chasm open up in his chest and a tightness in his throat. 

 

"Are you mad at me?" Lu Han mumbled, feeling tears prick the back of his eyes.

 

"No." He said bluntly, inwardly muttering something,  Lu Han couldn't make out. The boy hugged his legs, digging his nails into his palms, as he looked at the back of Sehun's head. He closed his eyes tightly as he tried to fall into a slumber. 

 

After a long hour of counting sheep, Lu Han couldn't sleep a blink. His mind was filled with unanswered questions, how in the world was he supposed to befriend him? He kept glimpsing at Sehun, wondering how he could sleep so soundly. Couldn't he hear the erratic pounding in his chest?  

 

 

"Sehun…i really can't sleep." Luhan murmured, but all he could hear was soft snores coming from the boy. "Hun." The blond let out a breath, ebbing his body closer, draping his leg over the taller's and enveloped him in his arms, carefully pulling himself towards him, resting his head on his back.

 

-

 

"Sehun, where are you going?" Luhan gulped,  clutching onto his sleeve. Sehun was wearing a simple uniform; navy-blue coloured blazer and knee length shorts with a white collared shirt underneath. Lu Han had woken up to an empty bed, Sehun was rummaging though his sock drawer, beside the bed, humming a tune.

 

"To School." Sehun said prying the boy's hand off his arm. There was a short pause before Lu Han had said something, Sehun didn't want to hear. 

 

"Can I go with you?" Lu Han had regretted asking that question from the moment it left his mouth. He heard the voice of Sehun's parents talking downstairs, and the sound of something cooking. Sehun left the room, not saying a word to him, completely dismissing the fact that Lu Han was going to be lonely all day, while he's gone. "Sehun." He said,  knowing that it was no use of making him return.

 

Lu Han quickly tottered out of bed, making his was downstairs, following Sehun. Mrs Oh was peppering soft kisses along Sehun's face, ruffling his hair as he left the house, with his dad my his side. He rushed to the door, just before it was closed, "Good-bye Sehun!!" Lu Han waved his hand, at the two, earning a chuckle from Eric. The man nudged Sehun, urging him to wave back, and he did. Sehun's small gesture, despite his unreadable face, made Lu Hans smile widen, feeling that Sehun's warming up to him.

 

Lu Han stood on the door-mat, watching them leave, until they looked like tiny specs in his eyes. 

 

"Come inside Lu Han and eat breakfast." Mrs Oh sang, Lu Han shut the door and skipped towards the dining room. The smell of porridge made the blond's tummy gumble, seating himself on the chair he sat in he day before. A bowl was placed in font of him with a generous amount of the porrige and honey in it, he grabbed a spoon amd started scooping the food in his mouth. 

 

"This is really good!! Thank you Mrs Oh!!" The woman just laughed, sitting opposite from the boy. 

 

"Oh call me mum, okay?"

 

"Okay." Lu Han continued eating,  trying not to get any of the food on his gown. "Um…mum.."

 

"Yes dear?" She smiled, spreading some butter onto some toast. 

 

"Um. Can I go to school?…like Sehun?" The boy, jutted his bottom lip, waiting for an answer. "Please?"

 

"Of course, Sehun will be in the same class as you." She took a bite of her toast "and he'll introduce you to all of his friends."

 

"Nice friends?"

 

"Yes. Nice friends." Lu Han stared into his empty bowl, thinking about how kind Sehun's friends must be. 

 

"It will be my first time going to school"

 

"Whay do you mean?"

 

"Well my mom would normally teach me stuffs, like math and other things"

 

"Oh. I see, so you were home schooled?" Lu Han nodded, unsure of what 'home schooled' meant.

 

-

 

"Sehun-ah! Guess what?" Lu Han straddled the sleeping male, softly pinching his cheeks.  Today was the day,  it's been an entire week since Lu Han was told that he was going to school and he had been anticipating a great day. "Sehun-ah!!" 

 

"What?"Sehun said, still half asleep. "What is it?"

 

"I'm coming with you!!" Sehun eyes shot open as he heard those words. 

 

"Where?"

 

"To school, silly!!! I'm going to meet all your friends, learn how to read, and you're going to be there!! We're going eat lunch together and do math and write and…and - where are you going?" Sehun had slipped out of the blond's slender legs and had started heading towards the wooden door. "Sehun-ah."

 

Then the door slammed shut, leaving the boy alone for the nth time that week.

 

 

-

 

Lu Han was standing beside Sehun, swinging his arms by his side, trying to suppress a giggle. He was so tempted to burst into squeals due to the excitement bubbling in him. The two were waiting for the gates to open, with Sehun's dad beside them.  They were waiting for their school bus to arrive, a silly old tin can with four wheels.

 

"So, Luhan? Are you excited?" Eric smiled elbowing the boy lightly. "hm? Are you?"

 

"Yes. I am" he squeaked, patting down his new school clothes, dusting his knees from any of the dandilion clocks that got caught. 

 

"Be sure to be friends with everyone."

 

"I will." Lu Han looked around the man to see a yawning Sehun and immediately felt guilty. After all he did wake him up a bit to early.

 

"Ah! There's the bus." Mr Oh exclaimed, crouching down to speak  to the two. "Now,  be good and have fun. Okay?" The two nodded one being an enthusiastic nod and the other being very limp and dull. "Oh! and Sehun. Be nice to Lu Han."

 

The rusty bus pulled over, with loud creaks announcing it's arrival. A majority of the seats were taken by other students  around their age, maybe older? The doors opened, revealing an old man. 

 

"Who's this fellow?  Another evacuee?" Lu Han nodded shyly,  feeling the rendess creep onto his cheeks.  "Come on board!" Sehun entered the vehicle,  pulling himself up with the handle bars.  Lu Han gulped, reaching out for the bars, his hand almost failing to grip them.

 

Lu Han toddled towards the boy, who was just a few steps infront of him. "Hun. Wai -"

 

"Don't follow me." Sehun muttered, briskly sitting down on a pair of empty seats, placing his bag onto the vacant spot. Lu Han let out a breath, barely able to control his footing when the bus started again. Luhan glanced at each seat, feeling like a foreigner with all these unfamiliar faces around him. 

 

In the end he opted to sit himself near the back of the bus with a group of students laughing and hitting each other playfully. They became silent when Lu Han approached them. 

 

"Sit down please!" The bus driver yelled, Lu Han quickly sat himself next to a male,  scribbling words onto his arm. The boy mouthed the sounds trying to read the words: 'World War Two' 

 

 

"Hello, my na - " A hand closed around his forearm, roughly pulling him from his seat. Lu Han held back a yelp upon noticing the pair of red, muddy trainers on his feet.  "Sehun." The blonde was then dragged onto the window seat, with his bag snuggly placed onto of his lap. 

 

"I thought I wasn't allowed to follow you.."

 

Sehun sat beside him, arms folded by his chest. "Don't sit next to him" He said painfully dimly "or any one here."  The boy shifted so that he was more comfortable breathing out the words "only me.", sending a  flock of lambs into his stomach. 

 

"Oh..." The boy disguised a grin, twiddling his thumbs on his knees. "I see."

 

-

 

"Sehun." The blonde whined, hugging a football against his chest. "I want to meet at your friends and play." Lu Han continued to follow him around the school, hoping for him to give in to his cries.  "Sehun-ah…"

 

"Just leave me alone, you're an eyesore." Sehun said, picking up his pace,  trying to get away from Lu Han. He'd been tailing him for several days, asking questions, tripping, talking, eating, drinking, breathing basically everything about him that annoyed Sehun  

 

"Sehun-ah, why do you hate me?" The boy said in a brittle voice, tightening his grip around the ball. 

 

"I don't" Sehun walked faster, eventually locking arms with a dark haired boy. The blonde stopped, watching the figures turn a corner.

 

"You do!!" Lu Han turned around, setting off somewhere in the play ground, where a lot of children played.

 

"Oh look, it's princess Lu Han." Luhan cocked his head at the source of the voice, seeing a small batch of year-6s. Luhan was only in year-3,  "Why isn't this princess wearing a dress?" They said mockingly. 

 

"I - I'm a boy..." The boy pouted, feeling albeit uncomfortable.

 

"Oh really?" a chubby boy asked, teasingly "Prove it." Lu Han stepped back, and was sent to the concrete floor with one harsh kick.  He winced, pushing himself of the ground. He then realised he obstructed the way of a child on a swing, who had unintentionally kicked the side of his mouth.  

 

"Ouch…" Luhan brushed his clothes from any dirt from the floor and weakly stood up. "I-I'm so sorry!!" he bowed slightly,  biting his tongue.

 

"It's okay, jeez." The girl jumped off the swing, rushing towards him. "Oh my." She spoke after seeing the wound at the corner of his lip. "we need to get it fixed"She hauled Luhan to the teacher,  idly watching over the children. "Um Miss Darlington…i accidentally kicked this boy's mouth…" The teacher,  gasped at the sight, landing on her knees, as she examined his face. She cringed upon noticing the swelling and hurriedly guided the two inside the school. 

 

"How did this happen?" She asked, ushering the two inside the class room. The lady drew out a green box, un latching it hastly. "The swing?"

 

"He was on the way!!" The girl defended, a tongue out at the boy. Lu Han felt quite intimidated by her, she kept glaring at him and pulling faces. Lu Han grimaced at the stinging sensation that lingered on his mouth.  The lady was cleansing the cut with rubbing alcohol,  applying a thin layer of some sort of cream which should help it heal. 

 

"There. All done. Now, be careful next time, Dara." She padded a cloth along Lu Han's mouth and smiled. "It's going to be alright. Do you want me to get Sehun?"

 

"No! Please don't!" Luhan wailed, shaking his head frantically.

 

"Okay. Okay." The teacher tousled his hair, allowing them to spend the rest of their lunch time playing. "I won't"

 

...

 

I'm a noob at this...so I don't know if it's good or not...so...tell me what u think???!

sorry for mistakes :)