02

Dangling Daisies

 

 

Sookyung dumped herself down on the sofa and buried herself in her sighs and the serenity of her apartment. She thought about work, about home, about Soomi.

Soomi.

She let out another loud sigh and covered her eyes with her arms. She remembered meeting Soomi for lunch today and the exciting news she brought along with her. She remembered congratulating her sister, hugging and wiping away those happy tears for her. Finally, Youngjae had proposed to her and although no matter how many times Soomi had called Youngjae an idiot, she still said yes.

She really was happy for them, but then Sookyung thought, now it was only left with her. The thought of growing up so fast had gone through her mind so many times, but she never thought it could really be this fast. And now Soomi has been proposed to and is getting married soon.

She was startled by her phone that rang and Sookyung searched inside her bag to look for it.

 

Hey

 

Sookyung's anxious heart was suddenly relieved by the sound of that voice. She inhaled deeply and closed her eyes, resuming back to her original position with her phone against her ear.

"Hey, Jongup"

 

You sound tired

 

"I'm fine. You're the one that sounds really tired" she said.

 

Yeah?

 

"mhm. What time will you be off?"

 

Pretty soon. Why?

 

"Nothing" Sookyung shook her head, although the other on the line couldn't see it.

 

Do you want me to come over?

 

"If you want to" she hesitated a little, nervously twirling at her hair. "I mean, it's Friday night. We can do anything you want" she bluntly said, and after noticing how quiet the other person was she realised how embarrassing how that might have sounded and blushed a deep red. Thank god he couldn't see her face right now!

 

I'll be over when I'm done

 

"Okay. See you then. Bye"

 

Bye

 

And by that, she disconnected the call and covered her blushing face behind her hands. She still had that habit, although he had already told her not to hide it because she was too cute. But he wasn't here right now anyway, so it didn't matter.

 

 

 

 

 

After a simple dinner that Sookyung had cooked for them, the both of them were already so comfortably settled down on the sofa. Friday nights were movie nights and if they weren't in the mood for a movie, they just stayed at home enjoying each other’s company.

Sookyung inched closer for his warmth, although there was not much space left between them, and lay her head on his shoulders. She tried her best to keep awake for the movie, her eyes all droopy and tired.

All of a sudden, she felt a soft peck on her forehead. She looked up to see Jongup looking down at her, his eyes all nearly droopy too but his lips carved a lazy smile, a smile she couldn't quite resist.

"You're supposed to be watching the movie" he said sluggishly. Sookyung frowned and pouted up at him.

"But I am" she said in reply. He gave her that smirk again and leaned down to kiss her nose.

"No you're not"

Sookyung nuzzled her face into his shoulders, rubbing off the sleep and at the same time hiding away her blush.

"Yes, I am" she whined and she could hear his deep chuckle resonating in her ears. She felt his hand cupping her cheek and tilting her head up to face him.

"Why do you still hide your face from me?" he asked, caressing her pink tinted skin with the pad of his thumbs. Sookyung bit her lips and avoided eye contact.

"I- don't-" she tried to say, but was caught by surprise when Jongup leaned in again, to kiss her fully on the lips but she eventually gave in anyway.

Jongup pulled away first then nuzzled into the crook of her neck. She could feel his heavy breathing, warm against her skin.

"I'm sorry" he said, "I'm never usually tired like this"

"It's ok" she said, her voice quiet and hushed. She brought her arms up to wrap around his neck and let her fingers play with the ends of his hair and massage his scalp. He didn't know how, but it always left a calming and hypnotic effect on him.

Sookyung couldn't help smile at the way Jongup wrapped his arms around her hips and pulled her closer, his head rested on her shoulder this time. This feeling was nice, holding each other like this, she liked it a lot.

"Just tell me about your day" he said, breathing in deeply, cuddling in closer to her.

"Ok, well, Mr.Hartmann, that guy from Germany I told you about" she started, and Jongup responded with a hum. "He said he liked my art, and if I could prove to him that I can do better, he's offering me to hang up my art in his museum."

"That's great!" Jongup breathed, and placed a small kiss on her neck, just below her ears. He very well knew that was her sensitive spot. "But I don't like him"

"Wha- Why?"

"Because your art is already good. What else does he need to consider? That dummkopf." he held her tightly and placed his head back onto her shoulder. Sookyung just giggled and shook her head.

"Tell me more" he demanded, though he sounded like he was nearly about to fall asleep.

"I met Soomi today" she said, "I'm sure you've heard about the proposal. They're engaged now"

Jongup's snapped wide open and unintentionally abruptly pulled away from the comfort of Sookyung. He blinked away his sleep trying to make sense of the news. Sookyung wasn't kidding,right?

"E-Engaged" he repeated. Sookyung nodded, rather surprised by his reaction. She thought Youngjae might have already told him about the proposal, but apparently not.

"With a ring and all. Didn't Youngjae tell you about it?" Sookyung asked and Jongup shook his head. "Well, maybe he just forgot and he'll probably tell you about it tomorrow"

"Y-yeah" Jongup responded, leaning on the couch now, he kind of forgot that they were in the middle of cuddling. He heard Sookyung giggle as she wrapped her arms around his neck again and turned his head with her fingers, so that he would look at her.

"Don't feel down. I know Youngjae is your best friend, but you always have me" she said and pressed a peck on his cheek. 

 

 

 

 

 

130614.

A/N: I'm not very good with keeping up to schedules but I thought I might try updating every Friday.