2.

Convincing

"I wasn't really going to shoot."

"Of course you weren't. Now shut up." Eric tightens his grip on the steering wheel, teeth gnashing together irritatedly. He glances at the cuffed man sprawled in the back seat from his mirror, glaring with what he hoped to be an intensity that'll blow the other into smithereens.

"Honest! I needed to make sure I end up in jail and I only needed to scare you--" the man narrows his eyes at him--any smaller and they'll disappear, Eric snorts at the thought--and groans. "You don't believe me, do you?"

"Well, congratulations," Eric spat bitterly, "you just landed yourself in jail. Happy?"

The man smirks contentedly back at him and all Eric wants to do is to wipe that -eating grin right off his smug face.

"Never..." he growls, knuckles turning white, "...don't you dare... Hurt Hyesung like that. Ever. I'll... I'll kill you."

"Oh..." the dirty, bloodied man sits up and leans towards the glass window that separates him from the police officer, interest plain on his features. "The pretty detective? The one you're pining after?"

The car violently jerks to the right, before screeching to a halt near the sidewalk. A fist nearly connects with the that loathsome, sneering face if it weren't for the barrier, and a loud, resounding crack cuts through the heavy air.

"You--!"

"Relax, relax! I'm not gonna hurt him, geez..." He sinks back down into the padded seats, amusement still evident in both his eyes and his smile. "Issues..."

Eric seriously contemplates knocking the other out cold, again.

ㅇㅇ

The suspect sits in a guarded waiting room while the officials discuss what needed to be done. Eric is only half listening--he thinks to the fair detective back at the crime scene and then to the short man currently behind glass. There is no one he hates more than the one who ruined whatever semblance of an image Hyesung had of him; no doubt the detective hated his guts.

"Mr. Mun," an older higher-up looks pointedly at Eric, wrinkles set deep into his forehead and around his white whiskers. "You are to keep this man under close surveillance."

"Close surveillance, sir?" Eric stutters, pulling himself out of the reverie.

"House arrest, Mr. Mun. We've deemed him mentally unstable and believe it's in our best interest--and his--to have him under surveillance at all times." The man fixes a stern gaze at the young officer. "We also believe, after what Detective Shin has told us about your behaviour at the crime scene, that putting you off of active duty will do you a world of good."

Eric panics--his job, his personal life, his love interest are at stake--and hastily places a hand on the elderly's arm. The older man glares at him before shaking him off impatiently.

"But, sir--you can't--I didn't mean--"

"Understand, Mr. Mun, that this is only temporary... And by no means a choice."

Defeated, dejected, and downright depressed, Eric bows curtly to the senior officer and immediately leaves the room. He sends one last scowl at the midget of a man behind the glass panels at the back of the room, accidentally catching the other's gaze.

The easy smile on the other's face nearly makes Eric cry.
 


please understand i dont know anything about house arrest or anything ;;