1.

Convincing

"It was me. It really was! I did it, I did it, I did it... just--just throw me in jail!"

Eric stares down impassively at the man on the ground, gripping at his ironed uniform pants with desperate, blood-stained hands. He feels irritation building at the back of his mind, a little flame that grows every time those dirty fingers dig into his calves and sullies the black material. He really can't care less about the man on the floor, and there's really nothing holding him back from kicking the poor bastard away.

But Eric doesn't. While the well-being of one of the suspects is not of dire importance, his need to impress and infatuate a certain coworker fixates onto the forefront of his mind. Sighing at his own misery, Eric glances up, behind the man writhing by his feet, to a slender detective crouched down near the crime scene.

"Hyesung," Eric calls, "what do I do about this guy?"

The detective looks up from a small pool of blood, flicking his head neatly to adjust his bangs. He gives a slight curl of his lips at the sight of Eric being mauled by the strange man--out of sympathy, perhaps--and eases himself up into a standing position.

"Why don't you take him back? Get him medical attention or something and then  get him settled."

Eric nearly swoons at Hyesung's melodic voice, but wrinkles his nose nonetheless at the prospect of having to be stuck in a car with the poor bloke and then having to deal with him for the next couple of hours. Sighing under his breath, he hauls the man up by his arm and reaches behind his belt, fingers hooking onto the cold, graceless metal of the handcuffs.

"Sir, you are coming with me back to the police station," Eric drones out monotonously. He makes to latch the handcuffs over the suspect'shands, but suddenly the other man twists away and in an act of what seemed like self preservation, wrestles Eric's pistol from its sheath. He quickly scrambled away from the officer's almost lethargic lunge at him, and points the gun at the frozen detective.

"Put me in jail... I said put me in jail!" the man's voice rises in panic, trembling with fatigue and tension, but his gaze never strays from Eric's. "I DID IT! I DID IT! PUT ME IN JAIL OR I'LL DO IT AGAIN-- I'll shoot--"

"Eric...!"

Eric doesn't hear whatever Hyesung says over the pounding of blood in his ears as he tackles the man to the ground and steps hard on his hand, forcing the other to cry out in pain and promptly let go of the gun. He gets down and locks the crazed witness between the cages of his legs and swiftly jabs the other at the base of his skull, rendering him unconscious. Shakily, he looks up at Hyesung a few feet away, his eyes wide with shock and lips dry with fear.

Eric feels like .

"Hyesung, are you alright? I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have let my guard down like that--"

"Eric." The slender detective coughs a little, straightening his coat and tucking strands of loose hair behind his ear before turning his back to the police officer. "I'm fine. You should... You should take him back."

"I need to stay--what if something happens to you--"

"Mr. Mun! I'll be okay." Hyesung squats down beside the tiny puddle of blood again, offering Eric nothing. "There are other men on duty here. Besides, I doubt any of them are as... Inattentive... As you. Now shoo."

The police officer gazes sadly at the back of his love interest, then down at the unconscious man under him. Sighing, Eric latches the handcuffs to the other's wrists and returns his pistol to his holster. He carries the unconscious body with him as he leaves the crime scene without another word.