If Throwbacks Didn't Hurt Me

I Don't Need Memories

 

Warning: Has not been edited.

 

 

The moment Victoria steps outside of the conference room several familiar voices catch her off guard.

 

“Hunan! Mommy and I live in Hunan with uncle and grandma!”

 

“You grew up in Hunan? Isn’t that where Yixing hyung is from?” Baekhyun’s voice exclaims. He raises his eyes from the child on the sofa to Kyungsoo and Jongin but see past them at the woman standing in the near distance.

 

Noticing the frozen Baekhyun, Kyungsoo and Jongin turn around and find Victoria staring back at them.

 

“Vic!”

 

Without another second of delay, Baekhyun jumps to his feet and sprints towards her. The impact of Baekhyun crashing into her throws her off balance and Victoria stumbles back a few steps, chuckling when the younger boy begins to whine.

 

“Ah, seriously! I can’t believe you didn’t keep in touch with us at all! How could you?!” Baekhyun complains to her, much like a child. “Do you know how much we worried about you? Do you?!”

 

Victoria doesn’t feel tense or at all bothered while Baekhyun is hugging her—perhaps it is his familiarity; Baekhyun used to cling to her like this whenever he got the chance, much like Zac does now.

 

Soon after, Kyungsoo joins them but only looks at her from a small distance. Kyungsoo has always been the quiet and more reserved type; he spoke to Victoria about everything and they would share advice. Their friendship was much more like companionship and a little less like brother and sister.

 

Nonetheless, she could feel how much he’s worried about her through his eyes alone.

 

“I’m sorry,” she apologized. “I just really needed some time to myself.”

 

Kyungsoo reaches out to wipe away a tear that escapes her eyes. “Sehun warned us about the child; he’s a really cute little guy.”

 

Finally pulling away, Baekhyun takes a deep breath and ruins his own makeup by rubbing his face in his palms. “You should have told us.”

 

“You think so?” Victoria smiles.

 

“At the very least, you should have told us where you’d be going,” Baekhyun answers. “The past five years have been hell for Jongin.”

 

Kyungsoo glares Baekhyun’s way.

 

“No, I mea—” Baekhyun tries at redeeming, but Victoria stops him and assures him that it’s alright.

 

Luhan is holding Zac in his lap, Jongin standing beside them. When Victoria glances over at her brother, she can see uneasiness in the language of his body.

 

Although Victoria and Jongin had always kept their relationship underground as best as they could, Luhan was the brother that Victoria kept no secrets from. In the time that Jongin and Victoria were together, which was a little over a year, Luhan had met Jongin a few times before when visiting his sister.

 

Seeing that his mother was crying, Zac hops out of his uncle’s lap and runs towards Victoria, pulling on her fingers until she squats down. Little Zac brushes away her tears, saying “Mommy, don’t cry anymore. You’ve cried so many times since we got here. Is this a bad place? Do you want to go home?”

 

Luhan sighs and Baekhyun and Kyungsoo glance at each other in confusion. Although they can understand simple terms and phrases in Chinese, enough to hold a basic conversation, they have a hard time comprehending when people speak too much or too fast.

 

Leaning forward, Victoria presses a kiss to Zac’s lips and shakes her head. “I’m not crying.”

 

As though a boulder has been lifted from his shoulders, Luhan notices that Jongin releases a deep breath and approaches the small group of people near them.

 

Jongin pets Zac on the crown of his head and bends down, looking the child in the eyes. In rusty Chinese he says, “Let’s go get your mom some ice cream. She’ll stop crying if she has some ice cream.”

 

“Do you know what ice cream my mommy likes?” Zac asks.

 

Smiling, Jongin nods and shifts his eyes onto Victoria. “Green tea?”

 

“Mommy, can we have ice cream?” Zac asks.

 

She hesitates for a moment, her eyes rooted to the floor beneath them. “I—“

 

Suddenly, Luhan appears beside them, taking Victoria by the elbow and raising her to her feet as he says, “Let’s go. Mom told me to make you gain as much weight as possible anyways.”

 

 

 

 

 

They all notice how Victoria falls into various silent lapses while they’re on their way to a dessert shop nearby. When they arrive, Victoria recognizes the shop to be the shop that another set of good friends of hers opened together.

 

She wonders how they’ve been doing the past few years.

 

“Kyuhyun hyung started dating a musical actress publically two years ago,” Jongin tells her. “Changmin hyung will be released from the army early next year. Minho hyung focuses on acting now; he doesn’t sing much anymore.”

 

There are times, even in the past, when Victoria has felt as though Jongin could read her mind.

 

“His acting has always been better anyways,” Baekhyun laughs.

 

“Yesterday night Minho texted me saying that he’ll be back in Seoul in a few days,” Victoria agrees, “if Kyuhyun is in town too then we should meet for dinner or something. It really has been a long time.”

 

“Shouldn’t we wait for Yixing and Minseok?” Kyungsoo asks.

 

Jongin leans back against his seat and crosses one leg over the other. Baekhyun senses the wordless frustration and elbows Kyungsoo.

 

She smiles. “Maybe we should wait then. I feel like I’ll be spending quite a bit of time here before I leave again anyhow.”

 

Victoria and Luhan have completely different taste in sweets; whereas Victoria ordered a cup of green tea ice cream, Luhan orders a much more complicated mix of parfait. Zac gets to enjoy the best of both worlds, eating out of both his mom and his uncle’s cups.

 

Seeing Victoria and Luhan juggle the little kid around, Jongin smiles and leans forward, “Do you want to try my ice cream too?”

 

Zac widens his eyes, staring at Jongin’s cup.

 

“It’s cookies and cream,” Jongin says with a playful edge to his tone.

 

Jumping out of his seat, Victoria watches as Zac excitedly runs around her and raises himself onto his toes, opening his mouth widely when Jongin extends a spoon towards him.

 

“Don’t spoil him,” Victoria says with a helpless laugh, “Luhan has spoiled him enough.”

 

Luhan raises an eyebrow. “I spoil him? Zac is your son! I only get to watch him two or three days a week, when you and mom are too busy to take care of him and I don’t have classes.”

 

They bicker for a bit more until Kyungsoo receives a phone call and he excuses himself outside. Even with their disguise, they garner quite a bit of public attention after Kyungsoo is discovered by a passerby once he’s out the door.

 

When Kyungsoo returns, he explains that their manager just called and he and Baekhyun need to meet up with Sehun and Jongdae to rehearse for a variety show filming later in the evening. Jongin and Chanyeol, however, don’t have schedules until the next morning.

 

A few fans gather and stare at them from outside. It’s subtle, but Victoria notices that some have recognized her too. The boys notice her getting nervous. Baekhyun and Kyungsoo soon prepare to leave, even though they are a little hesitant.

 

“Mommy, the people outside are pointing at us…” Zac whines.

 

Luhan reaches around Victoria and ruffles his hair. “It’s alright. They’re pointing at us because you’re so cute!”

 

Obviously, Zac doesn’t believe his uncle. A majority of the crowd follows out after Kyungsoo and Baekhyun but the rest of them maintain a safe distance, snapping photos with their phones and whispering amongst themselves.

 

Jongin doesn’t worry but Victoria does. The last thing she needs is to get Jongin into a scandal.

 

Noticing his sister’s little inner struggle, Luhan leaves his seat and lifts Zac into his arms, pointing at the empty cups and napkins on the table. “I’m going to take this kid to wash his hands. Why don’t you guys clean up and get ready to go? The two of you are attracting too much attention.”

 

Victoria nods and reaches for a tray but Jongin stops her and gathers the trash instead.

 

“You should head home for some rest,” Victoria tells him, “let me clean.”

 

He refuses when she reaches for the tray again, taking her extended hand and holding it in his own.

 

“Can we… talk?”

 

She quickly pulls away, peering at the crowd from the corner of her eyes. “There’s nothing to talk about.”

 

Jongin takes a deep breath, hurriedly collecting the trash and tossing them in the bin nearby. They wait until Luhan returns with Zac before Jongin and Victoria head for the door, Jongin wanting to walk them back to their company.

 

“I remember the way,” Victoria tells him.

 

He pretends as though he hadn’t heard, continuing to walk beside her.

 

Victoria sighs. “Jongin, you should go home.”

 

Finally stopping, Jongin turns to Luhan and they exchange a small look. Jongin then reaches for Zac and pulls the child into his arms, Luhan handing Zac over smoothly.

 

“It’s still early and locking Zac up in the dorm all day won’t be good for him,” Jongin smiles. “Let’s take him to the park.”

 

“Jongin,” Victoria repeats his name disapprovingly.

 

He grins at the child. “Park. You like park?” He asks in broken Chinese.

 

Zac beams. “I do!”

 

Reading the situation, Luhan nudges his sister and urges her to agree. Unable to reject all three boys at once, Victoria finally gives in; although she feels exhausted, the three of them return to the company and Jongin borrows the minivan from Victoria’s manager and drives them to a nearby park.

 

Actually, Luhan knows just how much his sister’s feelings for Jongin haven’t changed.

 

Even though she’s never brought him up in their conversations, Luhan has seen his sister searching up Jongin’s stage name on the internet and occasionally following his news on the television. She tries her best to keep up with news regarding all of her friends, but news of Jongin’s have always affected her the most.

 

Jongin never came out with a scandal, even after she left. That must mean something, right?

 

And when news of Jongin being injured or ill while he was filming or recording were released, she would worriedly dial a long distance number and ask the person about Jongin over the phone.

 

Luhan overheard several times from the room beside hers. Even if he didn’t understand the language very well, he could at least catch a few names here and there. It didn’t take a genius to read his sister, after all.

 

Victoria Song has never been able to cut ties off with anyone too cleanly.

 

“Sis, it’s too crowded here; the two of you will be discovered too easily. Why don’t you guys find a quiet place to rest while I take Zac out for a round of rides?” Luhan offers.

 

She wants to say no but she’s been too overwhelmed, mentally and physically, so she just nods and watches as Luhan runs off with her son.

 

Jongin takes her by the hand and walks her to a bench chair beneath a tree, the two of them hiding under the shadows.

 

He asks, “Was five years enough?”

 

Victoria shakes her head.

 

“Then how much longer do you need?”

 

She tries to pull her hand back but this time Jongin doesn’t let go.

 

“I can wait for eternity if that’s what it takes,” he tells her. “It’s already been five years; even if it’s another five years, ten years, or even twenty years, I’ll keep waiting.”

 

“I told you not to,” Victoria answers.

 

Jongin tilts to the side and rests his head on her shoulder. He closes his eyes and tightens his fingers around hers. Everything feels so tranquil.

 

“You shouldn’t have waited,” she continues. “You should have found someone else.”

 

“There is no one else,” he laughs, “otherwise, I probably wouldn’t have waited.”

 

She shakes her head.

 

“From the day you agreed to be mine, you were the one and only.” Jongin tells her. “Until the day I die, there won’t be any other person that will replace you by my side or in my heart.”

 

“But I—“

 

And before she can reject him again, Jongin wraps a hand around the back of her neck and presses their lips together. Familiar—his scent, the taste of his lips, his tongue, everything is so familiar.

 

When they pull apart, she can feel her heart drumming in her chest. Her first reaction is to observe their surroundings and make sure no one has recognized them.

 

As she’s looking, she hears Jongin’s voice against her ear, his breath ghosting past her cheek.

 

“Victoria Song, how many regrets do you have to give me before you stop?”

 

Their eyes meet once more, Jongin raising her fist to his chest, just above his heart.

 

“It aches,” he whispers, “There is so much pain inside of here.”

 

 

 

 

 

Five years ago, Kim Jongin swore on his life that he’d kill the man who hurt his woman.

 

At that time, it took all Yixing, Baekhyun, Minseok and Chanyeol to hold him down together to prevent him from storming out the door with a knife in his hand.

 

Sehun leaned against the frame of the hallway corridor, tears streaming down his face. They were only just finishing up the last of their promotions then and there was so little any of them could do. They weren’t even allowed to see that she was safe with their own eyes.

 

And it took Kyungsoo slapping Jongin across the face for him to finally calm down.

 

“Victoria noona doesn’t need a murderer boyfriend right now,” Jongdae sighs. “If anything, what she needs is a reliable hand to hold and a strong shoulder to lean on.”

 

“You need to calm down,” Chanyeol tells him. “She’s alright now, isn’t she?”

 

Jongin forcefully shrugs all of them off, dropping onto the sofa in their living room. “She’s not! If she’s alright, she would respond to my messages or at least answer my calls. I can’t even get her to respond to me through a door! How do you expect me to be calm?!”

 

“Jongin…” Baekhyun frowns.

 

Minseok and Yixing glance at each other, remaining silent.

 

A door slams and Sehun is gone, locking himself up in his room. Jongin can’t stop the tears submerging from his eyes, his face burning in anger, frustration, and helplessness.

 

There is something that Yixing really wants to tell Jongin but he made a promise to Victoria that he knows he cannot and should not break.

 

What if breaking the promise means he will break Victoria too?

 

“I personally think that you should tell him,” Minseok comments later that night, when they’re in their shared room alone together.

 

Yixing takes a drink out of his water bottle and drops back into his bed. “Why didn’t you?”

 

“Because we’re all friends,” the slightly older boy responds. “Even if Victoria and I aren’t very close, I know you and her well enough to understand that if neither or you want to tell him, then there must be a very legit reason.”

 

The younger of the two laughs. “Thanks.”

 

“I wish I hadn’t overheard,” Minseok sighs in turn.

 

Closing his eyes, Yixing surrenders himself to the black of the room. “Knowing Jongin, he would probably flip the world over if he knows she’s going to keep it.”

 

“Maybe,” Minseok shrugs, “or maybe he wouldn’t.”

 

“Would you?” Yixing asks.

 

After a moment, Minseok says, “probably.”

 

“I thought so,” the other boy laughs.

 

Minseok waits another moment. “We’re not Jongin though. Right now, he’s at the of his anger, but maybe after he’s calmed down he’ll be able to think things through more clearly.”

 

And then the room falls into silence, slowly invaded by even breathing that stretches into the long darkness of the night.

 

 

 

 

 

When Luhan and Zac return, Victoria has fallen asleep on Jongin’s shoulder.

 

“Shh,” Jongin gestures, pointing at the sleeping woman.

 

Zac chuckles when Luhan helps Jongin lift Victoria onto his back and they begin walking towards the parking lot. Not very far into their journey Victoria is woken up by all the movement.

 

She is about to jump off but Jongin tightens his grasp on her thigh.

 

“Stay still,” he demands.

 

It’s almost just like the old times, Victoria thinks. Luhan and Zac are walking ahead of them, cotton candy and toys in their hands.

 

Somehow, this feels like a family outing.

 

“Let me walk,” Victoria says.

 

Jongin shakes his head. “Not a chance.”

 

Helplessly, Victoria slumps forward and wraps her arms around his neck, burying her forehead into the back of his shoulder. “You haven’t changed a bit,” she sighs.

 

He smiles a little and replies, “That makes two of us.”

 

 

 

 

 

Victoria likes Kim Jongin. She likes him really, really much.

 

It’s not because he’s good looking or because he’s a great performer. Victoria likes him because Jongin is different when he’s with her—he’s not Kai, nor is he a submissive little brother like the others usually are.

 

When Jongin is with Victoria, he’s the most comfortable and relaxed Kim Jongin that anyone has seen.

 

He doesn’t make awkward seductive faces or over exaggerated emotions at her; he doesn’t stare into her eyes like he’s going to swallow her whole. Kim Jongin is just another unordinary ordinary guy when he’s with Victoria and that makes her happy.

 

They would fight, like normal couples do, and despite being the older of the two, Victoria always waits for Jongin to apologize first.

 

They would argue, like everyone else does, and despite being the younger one, Jongin always insists until Victoria agrees with him.

 

Although not often, they occasionally have cold wars, which was often instigated from work, but time and affection usually melt down the ice cold walls quick enough before their relationship freezes over.

 

So, when Victoria said she wanted to break up, Jongin didn’t believe her.

 

“Don’t speak nonsense,” Jongin scoffed firmly.

 

Victoria turns her face away and shakes her head. “I’m serious. There are plenty of young, beautiful and talented girls around you—you won’t have a problem finding someone else.”

 

“I don’t need anyone else,” he insists, “and neither do you. We have each other and that’s enough.”

 

She laughs. “You say that because you’re still too young and rash. When you get older, you’ll understand.”

 

“We can get through this together,” Jongin tells her, “let me walk you through this. Can’t you share your pain with me?”

 

And when she told him that she trusted him, that she’s always trusted him, Jongin could confirm that she cared about him just as much as he cared for her.

 

“Then what problem is there?” He wanted to know. “Why can’t we stay together?”

 

She said, “The foundation of a relationship is built on trust, but the structure of it is made of many other factors. I’m lacking in too much right now and there is too little I can provide to keep my motivation in maintaining this relationship. All I know is I want to get away—I need to leave, and I don’t know when or if I’ll ever come back.”

 

“I can wait.”

 

“But I don’t want you to,” Victoria told him, shifting her eyes up towards the ceiling and biting back her tears. “Jongin, I don’t want you to wait on me.”

 

Her voice was trembling, hands fisted into the sheets until her fingers turn white. Jongin hates to see her struggle, he hates to see her in pain, so the more she fights back her tears the less he feels confident in convincing her that he wants to stay together.

 

If letting her go will make her feel better, then why not?

 

“I can agree to breaking up, but on one condition.”

 

She let her eyes flutter close, tears gliding down the side of her cheek.

 

Jongin clenched his own fists, swallowing hard on his breath. In a very quiet and reluctant voice he says, “Without me, you have to become stronger.”

 

 

 

 

 

The first thing Yixing does when he returns to South Korea is not visit Victoria. Instead, the first thing he does is call Kyungsoo to make sure that Jongin is home.

 

“He just got back from a schedule this morning; it seems like he’s in a pretty good mood,” Kyungsoo tells him.

 

After hearing the good news, Yixing considers his options. Shortly after, he turns to Minseok and says, “You head on home. I’m going to stop by a toy shop really quick.”

 

“Does the kid even need more toys? You bought him a ton from Beijing when we visited Hunan a few months ago,” Minseok furrows his eyebrows.

 

Yixing laughs. “It’s for Jongin. Well, no; it’s for Zac, but for Jongin to give to Zac.”

 

“Why can’t Jongin buy it himself then,” The older one asks.

 

“There’s not enough time to explain,” Yixing rolls his eyes. He shoves Minseok towards the exit and pulls his cap lower over his face while he calls a cab.

 

He drops a location with the driver and then pulls out his cellphone once more.

 

“Hey, Luhan? Is your sister home?”

 

“Ah, she’s at the company?”

 

“What? She’s rehearsing for a film already? What about that make up brand she was going to endorse?”

 

“I heard about that. We’re about to start recording for another studio album and the directors said they want to hire your sister to play the lead again; they said something about having us try to bring the fans back to our debut days,” Yixing laughs.

 

“Alright, well, I just landed in Seoul and I just wanted to check up on you guys. I’ll let you go now. Give me a call if you need anything.”

 

Sighing, out of relief, Yixing slumps into his seat and feels soreness all over his body. His schedules in China were hectic and he’s pretty much exhausted but just the thought of seeing Victoria and Jongin patch things up makes him feel excited.

 

Hopefully it won’t take much longer for things to turn for the better.

 

 

 

 

 

Victoria often thinks that memories are very useless to her. In fact, if she could, she would prefer to have all of her memories washed away from her.

 

Yet, there are a certain fraction of her memories that she wants to store away securely. Memories like Jongin.

 

Maybe that’s what she needs; she needs a way to sort out different types of memories, then file them into different storages and hide some of them into a world of oblivion. However, that’s not how life works so she has to live with all of the memories, both good and bad.

 

“Vic, what are you doing here alone?”

 

Sehun and Chanyeol approach her from the staircase, smiles on their faces.

 

“Oppa went to answer a phone call so I’m waiting,” she explains. “Did the two of you just come back from a schedule?”

 

Chanyeol nods. “Sehun just finished a magazine photo shoot. I just finished practicing fencing for a filming I have next week. We agreed to get some food together before we head home. Do you want to come with us?”

 

Despite never having been very close, Chanyeol has always been very nice and easy to get along with. Victoria glances between the two for a moment and ponders on her choices.

 

Before she can decide, Sehun reaches for her hand and drags her along.

 

“Wait, at least let me tell oppa—” she protests.

 

Sehun laughs. “Just text him; no, I’ll text him. Don’t worry about it.”

 

During the car ride, Chanyeol constantly glances at the two sitting in the back seats from his rearview. It doesn’t take a genius to realize that Victoria is more often than not uncomfortable, no matter where she looks or if she doesn’t even look at all.

 

To divert her attention, Chanyeol asks,

 

“Hunan food is delicious, I heard.”

 

Victoria nods. “Yixing must talk about it all the time.”

 

“Did Yixing hyung tell you to move there?” Sehun wonders aloud.

 

She admits it rather easily. “He said that he would be a lot more at ease knowing his relatives can help me out if I need it. Hunan is a nice place anyways—busy, always busy. It’s the type of place that doesn’t give me a lot of time to think.”

 

Thinking has never been easy, and easy has never been a road often taken.

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol remembers accidentally catching Jongin and Victoria eating out together once.

 

They sat huddled into a small corner of the shop, near where he usually would sit after debuting with the rest of the members, and neither of them had noticed him until they were almost ready to leave. Victoria would feed Jongin while Jongin showed her funny memes or videos on his phone, one end of an earphone in each of their ears.

 

He could tell that their interactions were very natural, just like any other couple out there.

 

Just when Jongin raised his hand to call over a waiter, he noticed Chanyeol sitting a few tables over.

 

“Oh, hyung!”

 

Chanyeol had no intention of calling them out but since Jongin greeted him, he couldn’t exactly just ignore them anymore. “Jongin-ah,” Chanyeol smiles while bowing slightly at the older girl as he approaches them, “Vic noona.”

 

She slides the plate of rice cakes towards him. “How have you been?”

 

“Good,” Chanyeol beams, “really good, in fact. A little tired, but good.”

 

Victoria laughs. “That’s great.”

 

Jongin calls the waiter over and asks for an order of green tea and cookies and cream ice cream as he tells Chanyeol to make his order as well. After the waiter leaves, Chanyeol glances around awkwardly.

 

“Hyung, why are you so nervous?” Jongin chuckles.

 

The other boy shakes his head. “I’m not nervous. Who’s nervous?”

 

Jongin teases him a little more and speaks casually to Victoria for a while before noticing her slightly damp forehead. He reaches for a napkin and starts to dab away at the sweat but Victoria takes the napkin from him and does it herself.

 

“Is noona usually this shy?” Chanyeol smirks.

 

Shrugging, Jongin grins and takes another bite out of the rice cakes. “Who knows?”

 

You should,” Chanyeol winks.

 

Victoria’s face turns incredibly red and she sweats even more profusely. Jongin hands her a cup of ice water and she gives him a brief glare before taking a sip.

 

“It’s because the two of you aren’t very close,” Jongin explains. “Vic’s not like this when we’re with Yixing or Sehun. You’re just an awkward cookie to her.”

 

She elbows him, choking on her water.

 

In all honesty, Chanyeol thought they fit rather well with each other. Despite being more mature than Jongin, for the most part, Victoria had just the right amount of aegyo in her to accommodate to Jongin’s more chauvinistic characteristics. And despite being a little younger than Victoria, Jongin knew when to be serious and when not to joke around.

 

They sort of made up for each other’s flaws, in a way, and tolerated each other well.

 

When their ice cream arrived, Jongin insisted on Victoria taking a bite out of his cup. He does this every time and Victoria has, inevitably, surrendered before. This time, however, she scrunches up her nose and shakes her head every time he asks.

 

Even when he brings his spoon up to her lips she still says no.

 

“What’s so bad about cookies and cream?” Jongin pouts.

 

Victoria laughs. “It’s too sweet.”

 

“But—”

 

Her cell phone suddenly rings and she answers, covering when she speaks to keep the volume down. After she hangs up, she gives Jongin and Chanyeol an apologetic look as she gathers her purse and jacket.

 

“Didn’t they give you today off?” Jongin frowns.

 

She nods. “Oppa got me an opportunity to meet with a sub-director for a post-production action film. I have to be there in half an hour so I have to leave now.”

 

“Do you want me to take you back to the building?” Jongin asks, trying his best to understand but the frown doesn’t leave his face.

 

Chanyeol can sense Jongin’s mixture of irritation and submission, finding it oddly amusing and confusing at the same time, and watches as Victoria leans forward and presses a kiss to Jongin’s cheek. “It’s okay, you should spend some time with Chanyeol; he looks rather lonely, don’t you think?”

 

When Chanyeol meets eyes with Victoria, she gives him a pleading look and Chanyeol instantly understands.

 

“Yeah, I could use some company, Jongin. Don’t worry about noona, she’ll be fine.”

 

If sacrificing his alone time meant he could save this couple a fight or two, who is he to reject her plead? Chanyeol thinks. Victoria is their senior, after all.

 

“Be careful then,” Jongin tells her, “and text me once you’re there.”

 

“Okay,” she nods.

 

Jongin sighs, “don’t drink… too much.”

 

“I won’t,” she promises, letting Jongin press a quick kiss to her lips. “You two be careful as well. Don’t get caught by your fans. Who knows what they’d do to the two of you?”

 

Jongin pinches her and she squeals a little, pulling away from him. She leans in for one last kiss before she turns and leaves.

 

“You two sure are sweet,” Chanyeol all but gags at Jongin after Victoria is gone. “Seriously, it’s like you to have been together for years.”

 

He laughs. “I plan on it.”

 

“Is she that great?” Chanyeol wonders earnestly. “Don’t get me wrong,” he explains, “but you seem really deep into this relationship. I’ve seen you in relationships before but this is just… you just seem kind of serious, you know?”

 

The other boy furrows his eyebrows. “Why wouldn’t I be?”

 

“You never were before…” Chanyeol mutters.

 

Jongin rolls his eyes. “That’s because no one I dated before was like Vic. We’ve only been together for nine months or so but, honestly, I feel like I could live with this relationship for the rest of my life.”

 

“That’s a long time,” Chanyeol bobs his head in mock-thought.

 

“You don’t understand,” Jongin purses his lips. He pokes at another rice cake and pops it into his mouth. “Maybe someday you’ll understand, once you’ve found the right person.”

 

“You’re nineteen. You act like you’re ninety,” Chanyeol scoffs.

 

Jongin chuckles lightly. “Eat your noodles, hyung.”

 

So, Chanyeol eats his noodles but when he’s eating his noodles, he’s pondering over Jongin’s words and the way Victoria smiled when he observed her as she watched Jongin playing on his phone and eating at the same time.

 

He figures that some things require a little bit of explaining to understand and some things don’t necessarily need any words at all.

 

-----

 

A/N: Kaitoria must not be very popular anymore, eh? lol. For my next oneshot I'm thinking maybe Donghae/Victoria. What do you guys think? :) ♥Xue