1. Final

Papa and Daddy: Thunder and Storm

It was a very hot Sunday.
Unbearably hot. The past week was pretty nice. Lots of sunshine and everyone enjoyed the summer days.
Also the Jung Family. Just not today.

A big thunderstorm was announced for the evening and Youngjae was glad about it because that would mean that he didn't had to water the garden and the temperatures would cool down a little. That’s why Daehyun spent the whole day, from 8 in the morning until noon with their two kids in the inflatable paddling pool, being not only the victim of their numerous jokes but also serving as Jongup's climbing tree. Baby Junhong was luckily too small to climb on his Dad's back and he was kind of glad about that.

"Come on Junhongie! He's an evil pirate! We have to defend our bay with our water power!" That was the cue for Junhong to slosh the water surface with his tiny hands while giggling and squealing. "Ahhh my eyes! Arrr! I will come back!" "Good job Junhong! We scared the evil pirate away! Arrrrrrrrr!!!" "Arwwww" Junhong's attempt to copy his older brother ended up in gurgling and for the next 20 minutes Jongup tried to teach Junhong the proper way of saying "Arrr".

In the meantime Daehyun got up and walked over to the back porch where Youngjae cut a water melon. "Is my evil pirate tired?" Daehyun just kissed the tip of his nose and sat down on the bench. "Pirate, you'll get the cushion wet!"
"Pirate doesn't really care." was all he could say before dozing off. Youngjae just shook his head and continued his book and eating watermelon while the two boys were having fun all by themselves. But of course, playing with Daddy Daehyun was much more fun. Again the kids dragged him in the direction of the pool but this time Youngjae stopped them. "Babies, Daddy will take you inside because you have to eat something and I don't want you to get a sunstroke!" Junhong looked at him with big eyes while Jongup just blinked and intensely thought about what a sunstroke could be.

Daehyun was thankful for the break because playing with the kids all day was really exhausting and the heat didn't made it any better.
Youngjae took them with him into the bathroom, gave them a quick lukewarm shower and put them into dry shorts and t-shirts.
Daehyun, being the good husband he is, prepared lunch and managed to not eat everything by himself.

They ate inside because it was simply way too hot. But it was a very stifling heat and non of them liked it very much. Youngjae also noticed how the sky got darker and darker. 'The storm was announced for the evening, not for now..' thought Youngjae and following his instinct, he went out the garden and picked up all the toys that the boys left behind and safely stored them in a wooden cabinet on the porch. Next he flipped over the inflatable pool which caused the brothers to gasp in horror.

"Daddy why is Papa doing that?! We want to play and he destroys our pool!!" "Papa is not destroying it. Remember the storm I told you about?" The boys nodded eagerly. "It seems like the storm is coming earlier than what the Radio Lady told us!" "The Radio Lady lied to us?!" "Well, she didn't lied Uppie. Sometimes the weather is unpredictable." In that moment Youngjae came back in, the garden ready for the thunderstorm.

But he forgot something. The wind was blowing like crazy and all four of them were sitting in the living room, eating animal crackers and looking out of the big window to watch the scenario. The first thunder hit. Immediately Junhong climbed in Daehyun's lap and Jongup grabbed Youngjae's shirt. "Oh sh..oooot!" Youngjae suddenly sat up straight and looked into the garden. "What is it?" asked Daehyun surprised but Youngjae was already on his way outside. "PAPA!" screamed Jongup and wanted to follow him but Daehyun grabbed him by the wrist. "I FORGOT THE LAUNDRY!" screamed Youngjae and in lightning speed tried to save the clothes from the first rain drops. But the rain was quicker than him. Mumbling, Youngjae pulled the clothes off of the clothesline.

For some reason, the scene was very funny to Junhong who was carried by Daehyun and squealed out of joy. Seeing his Papa hectically pulling of the clothes just confused Jongup. Why was he doing that? Why was he rushing? "The clothes are finally dry and now they'll get wet because of the rain!" explained Daehyun relaxed. "Why isn't Daddy helping?" "You're right Baby. Keep an eye on your brother." Jongup nodded quickly and took Junhong's Hand. Daehyun jogged over to Youngjae to help him.

"What are you doing here? I can do that myself, you take care of the babies!" "DAD!" That was Jongup. Both fathers turned around to see a lost Jongup at the open terrace door and a happy Junhong on the front porch. "Get my baby inside!" shouted Youngjae and Daehyun rushed to the toddler. Junhong was crouched on the ground watching a ladybug. "Daddy look!" he pointed at the ladybug and Daehyun sighed. "Yes very nice Junghongie-" "It looks like my backpack!" "You're right, it is on your backpack! It's a ladybug." Junhong nodded eagerly and Daehyun didn't payed attention for a second when he was softly poked in the knee. "Daddy surprise" burbled the baby boy. "What is it Hongie?"
"Worm!" Just like that Junhong handed him a winding earthworm which he took with a very disgusted face.

"Junhong, this is an insect and insects are?" "Animals!" he proudly answered, followed by meowing from Jongup which made Junhong giggle. "We don't just take animals and play with them. Put him back into the earth because that's his name, earthworm. Alright?" "Okay" Junhong took the worm from Daehyun's palm again and waddled to a flowerpot. Daehyun couldn't help but grin when the boy even waved goodbye to the worm and ran back to Jongup who hugged him. "Woah, careful Junhong! You're so fast!"
Both boys giggled and Youngjae finally walked back, with the heavy clothes basket in his hands. "Quick!" As soon as Daehyun closed the door behind him, the Storm was in full force and Youngjae combed his damp hair with his fingers.

"What about we have a sleep over tonight in Papa and Daddy's Bed?" Before Daehyun could respond to Youngjae's 'are-you-serious'-gaze, the brothers happily shouted yes. Junhong's short arms were stretched out for Youngjae who picked him up and sighed in defeat. "Fine. We're having a sleep over. But only after Papa took a shower."


____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

hey everyone! this is just a short jung family drabble!
i hope you like it 
(▰˘◡˘▰)
reason for the drabble is actually the thunderstorm which is happening right now after a very hot day.
just like youngjae, we expected it for the evening and not for noon haha

the storm reminds me of the scene in harry potter and the order of the phoenix where
harry and dudley are at this playground and suddendly hell breaks loose...

but my laptop and phone are charged so in case of a blackout, the important stuff is save (〜 ̄◡ ̄)〜