The Meet Up

She's a Fool ... Now What?

Dara thank herself for not slipping her tongue. Good thing she was able to change the topic right away without Jiyong noticing it. And that was already one great accomplishment. As to how she will tell her other friends about Seungri was still a puzzle to her. She doesn’t know where to start. What would be the reaction of Chaerin if she’ll know the truth? And the very question was how she will tell Jiyong that Seungri has a thing on him. She had been cracking her brain up since the other night on what to do.

For a moment, she refreshed her thoughts. They will be hanging out at Chaerin’s place. It was Saturday and she’s supposed to be relaxing. A heavy sigh let out of her. If only she didn’t initiated and asked Seungri about it, she would’ve been free and her mind wasn’t occupied with crazy thoughts. Another sigh and she stood up.

She picked up her bra that dropped on her side which unfortunately hit her face when Jiyong threw it to her. She took it then smirked.

On the lighter side, part of her brain was telling that being gay wasn’t a big issue. It’s just normal and it’s already acceptable to the society not unless if there were sensitive issues involved. She thought of Chaerin and her friend seemed to be open-minded too. It’s just that, she has that aura that made people think that she’s hard to handle. She knew her well more than anyone else despite the short length of their friendship. Chaerin would probably understood Seungri’s ual preference.

Her eyes darted on her phone. Not even a single second she had forgotten about her gay friend and of course Chaerin. Jiyong’s not an exemption too! Well, she always thought of him every night. No doubt about that.

She the phone. As soon as she opened it, twenty three new messages popped out. She furrowed her brows. It was all from Chaerin. Some were from Seungri. Dara didn’t bother anymore to read it all since it got the same content.

An idea came into her. She thought of telling the truth to Chaerin during bedtime. That would probably give her time to think and balance the situation. She wanted to tell them the truth as soon as possible for she herself can’t take it any longer.

Then her phone vibrated. It was Chaerin.

“Good morning, Chae.” She greeted.

“At last! Why did you turn off your phone?”

“Sorry, it ran out of battery so … I--” she lied.

“Ah, okay …What time are you going here?”

Dara smiled at that. Her friend must be very excited to have them at their house. “We’ll be leaving soon. I just woke up … sorry.”

“Oh, my cousin came last night and HE wanted to meet you guys.” Chaerin said.

“Your cousin is a guy?” Dara asked.

“Yep … he’s the closest to me. Anyway, he got a special talent and I want you to see that.”

“Mmmm, That’s interesting.”

“Wait … I think you should get going now, Dar.” Chaerin added then chuckled.

“I think too. Hehe, well .. see you later then.”

“Byeee.”

Dara pressed the end button then proceeded to the bathroom. She stayed there for about thirty minutes. She had made up her mind that tonight is going to be the night of revelation. Chaerin, Dae, and Jiyong have all the right to know. She’s not anymore going to lengthen her silence. Seungri should endure the consequences of it for it was his choice. She doesn’t blame her friend to be gay but the time has come to let the world know who he really was. There’s nothing to be ashamed about it, though.

**********

“I heard a car outside, son. I think your friends are already here.” Seungri’s mom said.

“I think too, mom.”

“Let them in first.” His mother suggested. “I want to meet them personally too.”

He nodded then smiled at the old lady and turned to the gate. He saw Jiyong who went down of the car first with hands on his back pocket. He was wearing a white shirt with a cartoon character printed on it paired with skinny jeans. It looked good on him. He looked so fresh and super cool. Then, Dara followed him. A small smile tugged on her lips. She pushed Jiyong on the side because he was blocking her way. The latter didn’t budge and purposely blocked her. He was smiling and like teasing her.

Dara pushed him again and this time she succeeded. She stuck her tongue out and walked past at him. She pressed on the buzzer which was responded automatically with the opening of the gate. Seungri was already there. He took a deep breath first before popping his head out of the opening. Two big smiles greeted him.

“Hi Seungri!” Dara greeted him first cheerfully. She seemed to be fully energized like she was before. Her smile was contagious and for the meantime he had forgotten about his self, he smiled back. Then his eyes darted on Jiyong. He too was beaming at him in a friendly way.

“Are you ready?” Jiyong asked.

“Yes … Oh, come on in for a while. My mother wanted to meet you personally.”

Dara was surprised. “Really? Wow … I want to meet your mom too!”

“Alright.” Jiyong agreed.

They followed him. Jiyong rested his arms on Dara’s shoulders but she shrugged it away. He had been teasing her since they left their place. It all started with the ‘bra’ thingy. Jiyong reminded her about that while they were inside the car. Dara wasn’t comfortable with him talking about it though. She never thought that Jiyong has a erted side too.

They walked through the porch and was greeted by a not so old woman. It was Seungri’s mom. “Hi! How are you?” she said in a very welcoming tone.

Dara and Jiyong bowed at her. “Good goorming, auntie!” They said in unison.

Mrs. Lee grinned. “Oh, you must be Dara. Seung Hyun is right, you’re beautiful.”

Dara timidly smiled. “Thanks, auntie.”

“And you must be Jiyong, my son told me a lot about you.”

“It’s because we were classmates since freshmen, right?” Seungri cut in.

“Oh yeah.” Jiyong seconded then smiled.

“Mind to have a snack first before leaving?” The older lady offered.

The three of them exchanged glances. There was like a telepathy. They even chorused and declined the older girl’s offer. Seungri’s mom didn’t anymore insist. They seemed excited to leave.

“Are you sure you’re not going to have a snack before leaving?”

They all nodded then smiled.

“Okay, be careful there kids. Have a good time.”

**********

They arrived at Chaerin’s place before lunch time. It was a bit late though but it was better than not coming at all. Chaerin was ecstatic upon seeing her friends. She ran towards the gate and showed them a wide grin on her face. Her attention was immediately turned to Seungri right after she greeted her two other friends. Unfortunately, Daesung wasn’t able to come because his father forbade him to mingle with his friends not unless the semester exams were over.

The house was huge. It got a tall gate and no part of the house can be seen from the outside except for the branches of trees that were surrounding it. Their eyes wandered around and what caught their attention was the number of men walking and guarding every corner of the house. The curiosity in them didn’t escape from Chaerin’s gape. Apparently, it’s not a usual sight for a house to have an extra number of guards. For once, she mentioned about it to them before.

“They’re guards. Just don’t mind them.” She caught their attention.

They nodded and didn’t answer back. They were still adjusting to the place.

Chaerin smiled and drifted the topic. “Are you guys are hungry?”

“Not really …” Dara said.

“Seungri … are you okay?” Chaerin turned to him when she noticed his silence.

Seungri wasn’t surprised to see Chaerin’s place. He already perceived it even before he stepped on it. Based on her background, it’s very predictable. But one thing made him uneasy. It’s the realization that in no time, he will be skinned alive. He was planning to confess his true self to her too but in a perfect timing. He was anticipating it to happen soon and somehow he was hoping that it’ll turn out positively.

A snap of a finger brought his senses back. Jiyong patted his shoulders. “Planning to confess soon?” He whispered to him.

His chest pounded. He never expected Jiyong to say that. No matter what he meant about it, he felt scared.

“I’m okay.” Seungri said.

“Sure you are!” Jiyong chuckled.

Dara on the other hand, swallowed hard when Jiyong whispered at Seungri. She noticed his rapid blinking like calming himself and trying to maintain his composure. Concern towards him enveloped him. He was obviously having a hard time dealing with the situation especially with Chaerin in front of them. Of course as a friend and the only one who knew his little secret can’t help but felt pity over him.

With the urge to help Seungri out, she walked near to him and squeezed his arms lightly giving him a concern look. “Don’t worry.” She said in whisper like voice. Seungri gave her a shy smile in response. “Thanks.”

“Everything will be fine. Just relax … Let’s just enjoy today. Alright?” Dara said.

He took a deep breath first then nodded.

“What are you two whispering there?” It was Jiyong wearing his boyish smile.

Dara eyed him. “It’s a secret, oppa.” There was an understatement there.

Jiyong moved nearer to her. “So you’re keeping secrets with us, huh? What is it?” He insisted.

“It’s not anymore a secret if I’ll tell you.”

Chaerin laughed at that. “Alright, enough of that … By the way, did I mention that my cousin was here?”

“Yep, you told me that earlier. So where is he?” Dara inquired, interested. Jiyong glanced at her.

“Actually he’s in the kitchen right now. He cooked for you! And I’m sure you’ll like it … he’s the best.”

“He cooks?” Dara asked again with delight.

“Yep …”

Jiyong twitched his lips. Someone popped out of his mind when he heard that Chae’s cousin cooks but then he shrugged it away. It can’t be. He knew someone that has a passion in cooking. He creased his forehead and thought again. Somehow, that cousin of hers took his interest for a while.

“I’m curious about your cousin.” he told Chaerin.

She smiled. “For sure you’ll get along with each other. He’s cool.”

“Can I use the comfort room first?” Dara excused.

“Sure. Just go straight over there, first door to the right, left is going to kitchen.” Chaerin pointed.

The three of them stayed first at the living area and waited for her to come back.

Dara fastened her pace and turned to where Chae pointed her. She instantly sat on the water closet and released what she had been suppressing. After few seconds, she was relieved. She faced the mirror and freshened herself for a while before going out. She smiled at her reflection and prayed that everything will turn out right to her plans.

An enticing smell of food greeted her when she was at the hallway. With interest, she turned left. It was obviously the kitchen. A guy wearing a blue apron was there with his back facing her. His built looked familiar. She observed him for a while then he turned his face and she actually surprised by that. She was standing at the doorstep. What surprised her more was his facial expression when he saw her.

She swallowed hard. There was like a big lump on that blocked the passage of air. Then she smiled at him with excitement and delight.

“T-TOP?!”

“Dara?!”

“What are you doing here?” She surprisingly asked.

“Cooking, obviously … Wow!” he was lost of words. “This is – I cant believe I’ll see you here.” TOP was blinking making himself believe that it was Dara who was in front of him.

Dara’s smile went even wider. “So you’re Chae’s cousin! What a small world. Jiyong oppa is here too!”

He laughed. “Jiyong?”

She nodded.