THE EXO THEORY

The EXO Theory

EXO was derived from the name EXO PLANET.

 

All 12 of them have super powers but upon landing on earth, they experienced memory loss and carry the misconception that they are humans living on earth.

 

In the book Chanyeol holds in WHAT IS LOVE MV, there was a sign. This sign is in the shape of a Key.

 

Kai’s name is “kai” which means open, in chinese.

 

The meaning of an opening or an awakening. 

 

Although they exist on the same planet, they aren’t aware of each other’s existence.

 

Let’s start speaking from the most prominent member, Kai …

 

Personally I feel like the 23rd teaser to be released, “Into your world” is like the teaser of an instruction manual EXO has about the world. 

 

In there, Kai is like a magician going everywhere in the motion of awakening all the other members. On the surface it can be seen as an action at achieving freedom and travelling between the time space of M and K, he is the only member who plays the role of waking up the other 11 legends. 

 

We can see Kai as the one who wakes up the others who have super powers in order to joint bridges between M and K. 

Kai is the one who realised his powers and his mission early. Minimising the mistakes made while travelling between the two universe is his mission. 

 

However, in the beginning Kai was young and not mature enough so although he has the skills to teleport, he only did it to spaces he wanted, not time. Therefore, he was unable to fulfill his mission in time and time space soon became unstable, both worlds were in the danger of destruction. 

 

Take a look at the intro of MAMA’s MV. After watching all 23 teasers you will feel a peculiar sense of familiarity. This is because hints were dropped in the teasers. 

 

There is one line “Shall stand on the same ground but shall see different skies”, if you take a look at D.O. and Suho’s teaser you will understand. It depicts two people standing on the same ground but are seeing two details. We can see that although they are physically near each other, interactions between their sights are far. 

 

Actually K members do not come from the same world, which is why D.O. and Suho do not realise each other’s existence. D.O. and Baekhyun sing songs with no link between each other. When Chanyeol walks into the shed where D.O. and Baekhyun are singing, there is no one inside. 

 

Kai and Sehun’s teaser, number 14 describes each other’s 4-dimensional existence. 

 

Each teaser does not only reveal each member, but carries a whole lot of meaning to it as well.

 

Next, although this has got nothing to do with the universe, it describes how the members meet with each other and gets awaken. 

 

In teaser 11, Kai and Xiumin met, there were unknown cars chasing them which is assumed as them committing a crime therefore resulting in all the chasing.

 

The two of them meet after being chased, which is where Kai and Xiumin finally wake up and gazed at the moon together in conclusion. 

 

Also, in MAMA’s MV there were frightening face painting where fans were taken aback too. 

 

Kai’s face painting represents what I have said above, about him being the main character in EXO. The remaining 11 members’ painted faces may be seen as their looks back on EXO Planet. 

 

Actually, Kai can be said as the priest back on EXO planet. 

 

Let’s talk about the teaser with the most hints, EL DORADO. 

 

EL DORADO is similar to human’s imagination of an unknown world. 

 

Something like a land of gold or an ideal place.

 

Chanyeol can be seen as the one who’s looking for the unknown world, the one who’s seeking a desired habitat.

 

We can see in EL DORADO teaser that Chanyeol is searching fo something. In here, Chanyeol is one of the members who wakes up early, looking at MAMA’s MV, we can see that with every step Chanyeol takes, fire is lit. We can see that Chanyeol has found and regained his powers yet he is still unable to fully control it.

 

We can assume that Chanyeol, who gets fully awaken upon meeting Kai is searching for friends. 

 

Chanyeol finally finds the rock which belongs to Suho and Lay. Although this does not appear in the teaser, this was probably the way they found all 12 member’s rocks.

 

It is as though after seeing the marks on the rocks that they would finally regain their memory and the power to restart all over again. In the teaser Chanyeol nods, which shows that all the rocks have been collected. 

 

In MAMA MV, everyone is using their power, this is because all of them have regained their memories and are trying their best to use their powers to save the world. 

 

We can figure the two different worlds from Sehun’s teaser. In teaser 8, with black pearl where Sehun is revealed. 

 

If we see black pearl as the space where Sehun is trapped within the clock, which tells us that Sehun can make changes to time. In the background in black pearl, there is a full moon, which gives everyone a two moons vibe. 

 

At the beginning of the Teaser, Sehun adjusts the time and a full moon is born, and members who exist in the other spaces are shown as shadows in Black pearl. 

 

Suho and Chanyeol stretch their hands, which is the gesture which tells everyone that they are missing the member who is trapped by time, Sehun. 

 

At the end, it concluded with Sehun reaching his hands out too. 

 

And lastly, EXO member’s powers: Although most people might think that these are ordinary powers, it is not the 

 

Supernatural powers- teleportation, time control, telekinesis, flight, healing and earth

 

Natural powers- fire, light, wind, water, ice, lightning 

 

Also, 

 

Chanyeol-Kris

 

Suho-Xiumin

 

Kai-Luhan

 

Sehun-Tao

 

D.O.-Chen

 

The members are paired up like that. 

 

In MAMA’s MV, Kai proceeds to where Luhan is, D.O. shakes the ground and Chen places his hands on the ground to feel the vibrations, Suho splashes water and Xiumin catches that drop of water and turns the room ice cold, Baekhyun generates light and Lay absorbs it and heals the flower, Chanyeol reveals his fired wings and Kris catches it to summon the dragon, Tao sends off a butterfly while Sehun catches it.

 

Taking Tao and Sehun’s as an example, Tao stopped time and while he’s at that, air movement stops as well. Sehun who normally uses the wind to control his power is unable to do it now and when the both of them function together, it is more efficient. 

 

As I look at the scene, not all of them can rely on each other’s powers to become stronger. 

 

In conclusion, all the members are correlated and when two or more members are together the effects are multiplied. 

 

Firstly the boys are split into two universes, which is why Kai exists. 

 

Lay has healing powers, which also relates to the tree of life in MAMA which is renewed into one perfect root.

 

Luhan exists neutrally. Telekinesis is a really destructive power, it can bring violence to others and has the ability to attack. However as seen from the MV, all he does is move globes around and he can scrutinise the worlds through the globes. 

 

He is probably like Kai, waking up the 12 members as one. 

 

As Kai takes charge of the teleporting between the worlds, Luhan is the one who monitors every single thing. 

 

Kai is the center of K while Luhan is the center of M. 

 

My conclusion is, the world is initially one but has subconsciously and unperfectly splitted, EXO are the ones who are seeking a way to put the world back together. With Kai and Luhan as the bridges of communication, 12 of them gradually meet up and get together. 

 

The 12 of them work hard together to join the planet back as one. As they overthrow the evil, they want their original world to exist which forms their relationship as partners now. 

 

Let's now go to Wolf and Growl. In the Drama, it seems like there is a missing link between it and MAMA. This statement is false, let me explain. It is obvious that only Kris and Luhan are the wolves, but on their hand, it is clearly shown that they still have their powers. While the others are humans, they do not have any mark or sign on their hand.

 

In my opinion, their powers must have mutated them into half humans, half wolf. The others' powers might have worn off or they removed it before mutation. 

 

As we see in the fight between EXO and the gang, Luhan went out of control and used telekinesis to fend off their attacks, while that happened, it's mark on his hand glowed.

 

The same happened to Kris when he was furious after feeling betrayed as he sensed Luhan turned human at the end.

 

We learn that the powers are used to be caused by the members' emotions, we see that again in the Miracles In December MV where Tao used his power to turn back time.

 

All powers were expressed by their emotions. That's THE EXO THEORY.

 

[This Theory may be updated after the release of upcoming EXO MVs which can link to this theory. Thanks for reading.]