Part i

The Perks of Being an Engineering Student

PART I

The Perks of Being an Engineering Student: You get to have a cute, sweet but stubborn boyfriend.

 

“Can you.. uhh.. how would I say this?”

Baekhyun stands in front of his fidgeting boyfriend who is currently finding the words his going to say. They’ve been like this for about twenty minutes and Baekhyun is starting to get annoyed.

“What Chanyeol?”

“Uhh..”

Baekhyun slid a hand on his face. Sighing, he put a hand on his boyfriends’ shoulder, trying his best not to yell at him.

“Chanyeol, if you’re still not sure of the words you’re going to say, you can think of it and just tell me after school because you know, I got to go to my class.”

“No, no, no..”

“Then just tell me.”

“I..I..”

Baekhyun face-palmed.

His boyfriend may be tall, handsome and incredibly smart but trust him, he really is shy idiot that doesn’t have enough self-confidence in his body.

“I have this presentation on Friday and… and..”

“And what Chanyeol.”

“I’m shy..”

Baekhyun looked at his boyfriend with a straight face.

“That’s all?”

“uhh..Actually..I want you to be there.”

“WHAT?!”

Chanyeols’ eyes fell on the ground, surprised of Baekhyuns’ voice. “I want you to sit in my class.”

“OH MY GOD, CHANYEOL!” Baekhyun yelled at his boyfriend. Chanyeol remains standing in his spot, head bowed down. “YOU ARE ING 21 YEARS OLD, CURRENTLY IN YOUR THIRD YEAR IN THIS UNIVERSITY AND YOU’RE AN ENGINEERING STUDENT BUT YOU CANNOT ING STAND IN FRONT OF YOUR CLASSMATES?!”

“B-but.. Baek.. don’t.. don’t y-ye—“

“No, Chanyeol.” Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun. “I won’t go. You know I am working every Friday. I won’t sit-in.”

 

With that, Baekhyun walked away leaving Chanyeol upset.

Never in their span of relationship did Baekhyun do that. Baekhyun doesn’t yell at Chanyeol. He may be dumb sometimes, but Baekhyun never yelled at him like that.

Every time he asks his boyfriend to come with him to some event, Baekhyun will take a deep breath, and then will mutter the words ‘okay Chanyeol, I’ll go with you’ and then Chanyeol will smile and Baekhyun will smile too and they’ll walk hand in hand to their favorite coffee shop.

Chanyeol started to head back to the cafeteria, were his friends (yeah you can call them that) is waiting for him.

‘Maybe he’s just fed up of me asking him to come with me every time’, Chanyeol sighs as he enters the cafeteria.

“Got rejected?”, Kris, the tallest of them three, asked him.

“Yeah..”,

“That’s new. Baekhyun doesn’t say no to you.”, Sehun interjects.

“Maybe he’s fed up. OR..” Kai says, emphasizing the word.

Chanyeol looks at him, “Or what, Kim Jong In.” he says with flat voice.

“Maybe he has someone in his heart other than you.” Kai said in a serious tone. Chanyeol glares at him.

“Shut your mouth, Kai”, Sehun interjects.

“What? I saw him walking and laughing with this Luhan boy.”

“Shut your ing mouth, Kim Jong In.”, Sehun again, interjects, looking at Kai wearing his normal –straight- face.

Chanyeol continues on glaring at Kai. “So you are saying that Baekhyun is cheating on me?”

“Maybe no, maybe yes.”

“Shut it, guys.” Everyone turn their heads to Kris. “It’s a good thing for me, though. That Baekhyun won’t be there.” He said as he took a sip of his coffee, smirking.

 

Chanyeol sighs. Of course it’s a good thing for him. He always thinks of Chanyeol as his competitor in his self-proclaimed-competition between the two of them.

But Chanyeol didn’t ask Baekhyun to sit-in their class to be his strength so that he can win over Kris, he wanted him to sit-in their class so that he would have the courage to talk in front and be confident because the love of his life is giving him encouraging smiles.

But Baekhyun is mad at him. He won’t see that encouraging smile on Friday when he stands there in front talking about machines and everything.

 

‘Maybe he has someone in his heart other than you’

 

Kai’s words didn’t leave his mind.

 

 

 

Baekhyun is spacing out.

His class ended just an hour ago. And here he is in the coffee shop near the university, working as a part-time waiter. There were no customers yet and he is currently cleaning the tables, looking straight into nowhere. He didn’t even notice Luhan taking away the cloth from him.

 

‘YOU ARE ING 21 YEARS OLD, CURRENTLY IN YOUR THIRD YEAR IN THIS UNIVERSITY AND YOU’RE AN ENGINEERING STUDENT BUT YOU CANNOT ING STAND IN FRONT OF YOUR CLASSMATES?!’

‘B-but.. Baek.. don’t.. don’t y-ye—‘

‘No, Chanyeol.’

 

“ my life.”

“Hey, you alright? You’re cursing too much today.”, Luhan -his loving and adorable and amazing new bestfriend- asked him, giving him a pat in the back.

“Just, ugh!”

Baekhyun feels like a stupid. No, he REALLY is a stupid for yelling at Chanyeol. He knows his boyfriend doesn’t like being yelled at. He can be upset for week with just that.

And he left him alone in that state.

“ .” Baekhyun cursed, making Luhan flinch.

“Yah, you’re starting to scare me. Can you just tell me what happened?”

“Chanyeol..”

“What happened to Chanyeol?”

Baekhyun faced Luhan, ready to tell the whole story. But then they heard the bell rang, signaling that there is a customer, and a bunch of high school girls entered the shop.

Luhan gave him a smile, patting his back again as he went back to the counter.

 

‘Maybe I should apologize’. Baekhyun thinks.

 

 

The day has ended.

 

Chanyeol waits for Baekhyun at the Universiy field but to no avail. The soccer team must be having their break after practicing every hour for the upcoming soccer competition. And Baekhyun, being their water boy, is in his day-off too.

He wonders where Baekhyun went.

He picks his phone from his pants, unlocking it to check if there are any messages from Baekhyun.

None.

Tucking his phone back in his pocket, Chanyeol sighed. He was expecting for a text message from Baekhyun telling him where he is, or telling him sorry for what had happened earlier.

“He wouldn’t do that.” He smiled a little. Baekhyun is too stubborn to say sorry to anyone, to him. He’s always been like that. Even before he started courting him.

Yeah, Chanyeol courted Baekhyun. Because Baekhyun believes in the power of courtship.

Without anything to do, Chanyeol decided to leave. Making a promise to his self that if Baekhyun didn’t make any move in contacting him before the night ends, he will start thinking that maybe, Baekhyun has someone else.

 

He went to buy some food at the convenient store before heading back to his apartment. Chanyeol didn’t live one of those stuffy rooms in the University Dormitory. The beds there are too short for his body.

He s his bag pack to look for his keys. Fidgeting with it, he noticed that the door is slightly open.

What. The. .

Chanyeol’s eyes widened, taking a step back. The thought of someone breaking in his apartment frightens him.

My laptop, my self-made robots, my things, my money, my foods, my extra phone, my—

He was cut off in his thoughts when he heard a loud hiss inside.

Oh. My. God. There is really someone inside!

Good thing Chanyeol has his screw driver with him.

Holding it in his hands, he pushed the door, making sure not to make any sound. He tip-toed his way inside, readying himself in case the intruder attacks him.

The apartment is dark. The lights are off and his things are scattered on the floor. Chanyeol is not surprised at the sight; his room always looks like that.

 And then there’s the hiss again.

Kitchen. He thinks.

He started tip-toeing again. Chanyeol made sure he doesn’t step on anything to avoid any noise. And then he saw the back of the intruder.

It was a boy shorter than Chanyeol. He’s wearing his apron and Chanyeol is not grateful about that because only Baekhyun is allowed to wear his apron.

“Who are you?!” Chanyeol’s deep voice booms in the apartment, making the intruder jump in surprise. Holding the screw driver in front of him, Chanyeol found the light switch before turning it on, making the room bright.

“C-chanyeol..”

“B-Baek?”

Baekhyun stood there, head down, his hands fidgets with the end of the apron.             

“What are y—“

“Look!” Baekhyun turns his back to Chanyeol, getting something from the counter. “I made something for you!” Baekhyun smiles as he held the tray with cup cakes.

Chanyeol didn’t make any move making Baekhyun’s smile to fall. He placed the tray back to the counter then he walks his way to where chanyeol is, standing in front of his boyfriend.

“I’m sorry.” He said as he envelops Chanyeol into a hug, His cheek on his chest. “I’m sorry I yelled at you.”

Chanyeol may not see Baekhyun’s face, but he knows his boyfriend is pouting.

“I know you don’t like to be yelled at, I don’t too.” He kisses Chanyeol’s chest before raising his head, jutting his lower lip, meeting Chanyeol’s eyes, not breaking their eye contact for seconds until Baekhyun speaks again. “Will you forgive me?” And then Baekhyun is pouting again.

With that, Chanyeol breaks into a small smile. The thought of Baekhyun cheating on him dissolves in his mind.

“Why wouldn’t I?” Chanyeol says, combing Baekhyun’s hair with his fingers. “My stubborn boyfriend came here to surprise me and to tell me he’s sorry.”

“Well, I’m not as stubborn as you think.” Baekhyun answers. “Why are you holding a screw driver?”

“Oh, this.” He held the object in his face. “Just, nothing.” And then he throws it somewhere behind him, joining the other things on the floor, before enveloping Baekhyun in his arms as he give his boyfriend’s lips a peck.

“You know you should clean your room.”

“I know Baek.”

“And that screw driver, put it back inside your bag pack, you need it.”

“I know, Baek.”

“And Chanyeol..”

“Hmm?”

“I love you.”

Chanyeol chuckles before pecking Baekhyun’s lips again.

“I love you, too.”

 

 

The day has come.

Chanyeol keeps on re-reading his report, making sure he knows everything so that he won’t look like a dumb later. He was so busy being nervous that he didn’t notice Kris’s presence.

“You know, you should get an A+++ to defeat me. Because you know, I will get an A++. I know that. You know that. Everyone knows that.” Kris lips tug into a smirk.

“Stop it Wu. I’m not in the mood.”

“Okay, Park.”

And then his name was called, a cue for him to stand in front of his classmate and start his presentation.

Chanyeol steps into the flat form as the lights in the room dims, his presentation flashes at the white screen behind him.

He took a deep breath as he scans the crowd in front of him, and then he spots someone at the back.

Baekhyun was smiling at him, giving him two thumbs up.

 That was what Chanyeol needs before smiling back at his boyfriend as he started his presentation.

 

--

 

a/n. sorry~~ /hides/