Stay With Me

You're Mine!

“Jagiyaaa!” Baekhyun clung onto you like an oversized koala.

 

“Let go of me Baek, I’m going to be late.”

 

“But Jagiyaaaaa!” he whined.

 

“It’s only going to be a few hours,” you ran your hand through his fluffy hair.

 

You woke up early today because you made plans with your friends but thanks to Baekhyun, you were going to be a little late. As soon as you woke up, he was already clinging onto you, holding you close and wrapping his legs over yours to prevent you from moving, whispering ‘don’t leave’ in between sweet nothings with his deep, sleepy voice. How could you not cuddle with him a little longer?

 

As if that didn’t kill enough time already, as soon as you got out of bed, Baekhyun followed you around like a little puppy, making pouty faces at you and pleading for you to ‘please stay home with me today, please?’ It was hard for you to resist and you often stopped what you were doing to reassure him that you wouldn’t be gone for long.

 

As much as you wanted to spend the day with your sweet puppy-like boyfriend, you already promised to meet your friends, and heck, you already bailed on them several times before and they would KILL you if you decided to spend the day with Baekhyun again.

 

“I’m sorry baby, I already promised them. Besides, you can go meet your friends too! How long has it been since you’ve seen them? I bet they miss you too.”

 

“But..” Baekhyun frowned and turned his head, lost in thought as he considered your idea.

 

“I’m sure they’d appreciate a visit from you! I have to go now or else they’ll kill me!”

 

Baekhyun wrapped his arms around you and embraced you, giving you a peck on the lips before he pulled away. “I love you! Come back soon, you’re my jagi and only I can have you!”

 

“Okay, okay. I’m yours. And you’re mine. Love you too!” you pecked his forehead before leaving.

 

‘Mm. I guess I’ll go see my friends then..’ Baekhyun thought.

 

-

 

“You’re hopeless, hyung,” Sehun shook his head as he focused on the game he was playing.

 

“Dude, where have you been? Haven’t seen you for ages,” Jongin plopped down on the spot next to him.

 

“It hasn’t been that long since I’ve seen you..” Baekhyun replied.

 

“Who came?” Chanyeol walked downstairs, hair a mess because he just woke up from a nap. Upon seeing his best friend, he immediately sprung up and ran over. “BAEKHYUN~ I MISSED YOU!” he half screamed as he ruffled Baekhyun’s hair.

 

‘Has it really been a long time since I’ve visited..’

 

“Hey, Yeol. Anyways, guys what am I supposed to do?” Baekhyun asked.

 

“About what?” Suho walked into the room.

 

“My girlfriend went somewhere with her friends and left me.”

 

“Hopeless!” Sehun said in a sing-song voice.

 

“Haha, it’s exactly like Sehun. He’s all sulky because his Luhan hyung is in China right now.”

 

“Shut up Jongin,” Sehun threw a cushion at him.

 

“See, he’s still sulky. Don’t say I’m wrong because that’s bull, look at how fast he’s turning red,” Jongin snickered.

 

“You’re not any better. You’re super touchy with Kyungsoo hyung and get possessive when you see anyone with him,” Sehun retorted, trying to hide as much of his face as possible because yes, he missed Luhan very much but someone just had to remind him that he was away.

 

“No I’m not, he’s the one that’s touchy with me.”

 

“Do you want to die?” Kyungsoo glared at Jongin.

 

“N—no.”

 

It was Sehun’s turn to snicker.

 

“GUYS, this isn’t helping,” Baekhyun was getting desperate.

 

“Why don’t you try doing something nice for her, I’m sure she’d appreciate it,” Suho suggested.

 

“Like what?”

 

“How about cooking her something nice to eat? Or baking cookies or something like that,” Kyungsoo added.

 

“I tried that already and I can proudly say that I do not belong in the kitchen.”

 

“Buy her some flowers or a teddy bear. Girls love that stuff right?” Jongin suggested.

 

“Why don’t you sing her a song? I’m sure she’d love to hear you sing,” Chanyeol said.

 

“Take her to somewhere nice!” Sehun said, a little too enthusiastically.

 

“I don’t think it'd matter what you do, as long as you’re sincere I’m sure she’d love you just the same.” Suho finally said.

 

“Alright, thanks guys. I think I know what I want to do, but I might need some help..”

 

-

 

You were on your way home and you checked your phone, surprised that you found no messages from Baekhyun. ‘He must have went out too.’

 

You usually received a whole bunch of messages from Baekhyun when you’re away. Sometimes interrogating messages like ‘where are you’ and ‘what are you doing’ to sweet messages like ‘i miss you’ and ‘i love you’. Most of the time he would send you updates of what he’s doing or just random messages because he’s ‘bored to death without you’. Getting no messages from him was something new, and you couldn’t help but worry that something might have happened.

 

When you got home, you called out but got no response. You took a few steps into the living room but froze when you felt a pair of arms wrap around your waist. You were close to screaming until you realized it was Baekhyun.

 

“Welcome back Jagiya, I missed you,” he whispered into your ear as he gave you a bag huck, resting his head on your shoulder.

 

“I missed you too. What were you doing the whole day? I didn’t get a single message.”

 

“Sorry Jagiya, I was kind of busy with the guys.” His calm breathing was soothing to you.

 

“It’s okay.”

 

“Jagiya, close your eyes and I’ll lead you, okay?”

 

“Why?”

 

“I have something to show you!” Baekhyun was getting a little giddy and nervous because what if his plan didn’t work out?

 

Baekhyun grabbed your wrist after making sure you weren’t peeking and started walking. He led you outside and told you to sit. Upon sitting down, you realized that you were on the swinging bench in your backyard.

 

“Don’t open your eyes until I tell you to!”

 

You heard his footsteps and some rustling and you had to admit, you were really curious of what he had planned. A few seconds later, he told you to open your eyes. You opened your eyes and everything you saw amazed you. The backyard wasn’t elaborately decorated but it was enough to surprise you— a few balloons were tied to the fences pale colored streamers complimented them. Candles lit up a pathway and as you followed the path, you looked up to find your boyfriend, dressed nicely in a tuxedo and staring at you intently. As you caught his gaze, he started to sing, slowly walking towards you, not breaking his eye contact.

 

‘I do believe all the love you give

All of the things you do

Love you, Love you

I’ll keep you safe, don’t you worry

I wouldn’t leave, wanna keep you near

Cause I feel  the same way too

Love you, Love you

Want you to know that I’m with you’

 

You lost yourself in his voice, it was calm and sweet and you swore you could spend your entire life listening to him sing. By the time he was finished singing, he was standing in front of you. He kneeled and offered you a rose that he was keeping behind his back. You accepted his rose, at a loss of words. As soon as you took the rose, he sat down next to you.

 

“Did you like it?”

 

You couldn’t say anything but tears started to fall. You just hugged him as he rubbed your back.

 

“Shh. It’s okay,” Baekhyun tried to calm you.

 

When you managed to calm down, you whispered a small, “Thank you.”

 

“I’m sorry it wasn’t much, I wanted to do something better like cook for you so we could go on a picnic and gaze at stars but—” he was cut off as you pressed your lips against his.

 

“It was perfect. Thank you.”  

 

“Really? I was worried that you didn’t like it,” Baekhyun rubbed the back of his neck.

 

“It really touched me, you prepared something like this for me.”

 

“I had uh— some of the guys help me set it up, I’m not really good with this kind of stuff.”

 

“You look really nice in your outfit too,” you said, blushing as you leaned against him, head resting on his shoulder as you two slowly rocked back and forth on the swing.

 

“Of course I do!”

 

“Shh. Let’s just cuddle here.”

 

Baekhyun wrapped an arm around you and brought you closer. You spent your evening cuddled up to Baekhyun, slowly rocking on the swing. You were slowly growing sleepy from the warmth and glow of the candles.

 

Just before you fell asleep, you whispered, “I love you.”

 

Baekhyun kissed your temple and responded, “I love you too.”

 

a/n: I hope this turned out okay! I was getting pretty sleepy near the end because I finished writing at 2 am. ^^;