Little Hippo

Hug me, Kiss me, Love me! {Hiatus}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun was glaring through the slats of the blinds, overwhelming the half-opened eyelids of the sleepy guy. His forehead creased a little while his free hand served as a shield for his eyes from the blinding rays.

 

Damn Sun. I’m trying to sleep here! – Leeteuk cursed as he forcefully blinked his eyes a few times in the effort of adjusting his sight to the bright sunlight. The streams of the sunrays were much offensive to the guy’s eyes, so he arched his eyebrows to the center, cringing away from the hateful morning sunshine.

 

As he cringed, trying to grovel from the sunlight on his comfy bed, he noticed something different on his back– Uhh, does my bed always feel this hard?

 

Dissatisfied, he rubbed his droopy eyes and forced them to open whilst he tried to move his body attempting to get up, but deliberately failed when he felt a heavy burden against his body. His back was aching here and there and he had no clue as to why was that. As soon as he stopped rubbing his eyes, he subsequently dropped his hand on what he thought was his torso but instead, he found himself touching a smooth, soft and warm surface. Not to mention – it’s flat.

 

Uh, flat? If I’m not too old yet, I remember quite well yesterday when I was staring at myself in the mirror; I still had a pretty well built rough abs that I worked so hard for? It couldn’t disappear in just one night. Could it? – His brain said to himself, forehead frowning.

 

His eyes kept blinking and his brows still furrowing, he tilted his head downward while his free arm decided to feel his own abs just to be sure. And as he tilted, his chin felt a brush of soft and silky hair (?!) against his skin and his hand once again felt that soft and smooth surface, like a baby skin. I’m 26 years old man; old enough to not have a baby skin, so what the heck is this?!

 

He then ran his hand upward against the soft creature on top of him, brushing through what he was sure was hair, again. His brain then gradually managed to register the situation he was in as his hand had completed scanning the creature latching onto him. In the process of touching, rubbing and feeling here and there, he could hear some light huffing and emitted from the creature, of course not much to his elation. He knew it. It was he – The little creature.

 

“CHO KYUHYUN!” He shrieked the little guy’s name, loud enough to earn a slight grumble from the lad.

 

“Ugh. Shut up.” The younger’s grumble earned a scowl from the tanned guy. Did he just ask me to shut up?

 

Kyuhyun then snuggled further onto Leeteuk’s chest with his tied right hand sandwiched in between his and Leeteuk’s chest, while his other tied hand was left hanging in the air, sometimes tugging Donghae’s arm, earning a light dismantled grumble in the process.

 

How the hell did I get onto the floor and find this little creature latching onto me?! What – How – Why – Ughh, you little creature, get off, get off, get off! You cursed little creature dare to snuggle onto my precious chest! – Surprised and confused he was, but that did not mean his mind would dispel the abomination he felt against the younger for illogical yet relevant reasons.

 

However, despite the detestation he felt, he tried to reason himself to not get angry right away early in the morning. He knew it would probably affect his mood for the whole day and he did not want to spend his holiday being moody all the time.

 

He heaved a deep heavy sigh and strained his vocal cord a little, trying to bit back all the negative feelings he had been dying to spit out, before he swallowed them down bitterly. Soon, he found himself uttering quietly to the little guy, much to his own surprise.

 

“Cho Kyuhyun, would you get off me right now?” Well, that came out much better than he expected.

 

“Hmphh.” The younger hissed; annoyed at whomever’s voice that was trying to disturb his slumber. He did not even attempt to budge at all as he comfortably lied down on top of the elder. He hmph-ed me?!

 

Leeteuk’s thin rope of patience snapped. He was about to burst into anger as his free hand had readied to push the younger off of him, but he stopped when he heard a slow and cranky word that exited the lad’s parted lips.

 

“Hyungnim…” The little guy’s voice trailed quietly as he further cuddled himself onto the elder, halting Leeteuk’s mental curses while he was trying to pry the younger’s body away from him. Hyungnim? The elder’s eyes fixed on Kyuhyun’s brunette head.

 

“Hyungnim…” mumbled the little guy again.

 

“Let’s… With Jae-hyung… Hide… Hyungnim… look for us…” He continued uttering non-sense. Well, non-sense to the ears of the annoyed big guy whom was not happy about the whole deal of ‘How the hell did I get here on the floor with this hateful little creature latching onto him’.

 

But, being curious, Leeteuk narrowed his eyes on the little guy’s head as he bent his head a little closer to him, trying his best to decipher whatever that creature was trying to say in his sleep. He frowned himself as he listened to Kyuhyun’s jumbled words. He waited for the younger to continue rumbling but it seemed like he had long drifted into the his dreamland as he was now giggling and stealthily grinning in his sleep, which was regarded as adorably creepy to Leeteuk’s own sanity.

 

“Who’s Jae-hyung?” The elder couldn’t help but repeated the name as he tilted his head a little with an inquiring mind, but his curiosity dismantled when he heard a slight rustle coming from the guy whom was comfortably snuggling his bunny plushie on his own bed. Leeteuk rolled his eyes at Donghae’s tranquil sleeping face.

 

“Whatever. Now, I just need this stupid little hippo off me.” The little guy was being a tad too heavy for a guy with his fragile figure. Leeteuk was having a hard time just to breathe as the lad’s weight plus the gravity was pressing hard on him. Not that he was saying Kyuhyun was smaller than him. He was in fact taller, but his body frame was leaner and slimmer, which led to the assumption of him being lighter than this, which was completely opposite of what he had expected of him. Well, except for his fluffy supple cheek. Those pinch-able cheeks still lived up well to his expectation.

 

“, you’re so damn heavy! Stupid little hippo!” He hissed, yet again as he pushed the lad away with all his might, causing the little guy to fall off of him and hit his head against the bed in the process.

 

“Urghh…” The younger groaned in pain right after the thudding sound of his head knocking onto the bed. Well, that sounds painful. Oblivious to the guilt seeping into his mind, Leeteuk just shrugged his shoulder off after he sprung up and remained seated on the floor.  He tried to ignore the cringe he saw on the younger’s face when he sneaked a peek.

 

“Wow, he can still sleep soundly even after he just slammed his head hard on the bed? Well, must be the hippo in him.” The elder mumbled quietly with one brow raised.

 

Realizing that the little guy was still deep within his slumber, there came the evil grin latching onto the elder’s face as an idea had just popped out inside his head. Well, it wasn’t really an idea, just a little prank…

 

Leeteuk then brought up both of his hands, reaching out for the younger’s supple cheeks before he pinched and pulled on them strongly. He pulled on it once. And twice. And then thrice, leaving the pale milky skin stained with deep reddish hue, swollen.

 

Well well well. Sweet revenge. – An evil grin crept out on his face, satisfied when he saw the younger’s forehead frowning in pain. Soon after, he unknowingly found himself examining and observing the younger’s feature.

 

His eyes first fell onto the reddening chubby cheeks before he shifted his view to the plump pinkish lips, and finally to the pair of tightly shut round orbs.

 

 He’s quite adorab— oh no no no no no, I am not thinking that. Not even once! He is not adorable! Get the thought out of my mind. Shuhh shuhh! – He chased the thoughts away, shaking his head frantically as though those little shaking movements could actually discard the thoughts away from the box of his simple mind.

 

After a moment of victorious prank, the elder then decided it was time to wake the youngers both up when he noticed the others’ beds were already vacant. Some were properly tucked in, while some others were left sloppy and disheveled.

 

Yawning, he kicked the little hippo’s legs a few times until the younger finally roused from his sleep.

 

“Yah, Hippo! Wake up!” said the elder, leg still kicking. The younger groaned as he slowly forced his eyes open, eyes blinking several times in order to adjust to the sudden blinding rays.

 

“Uh.. Mowning alwedi…?” Kyuhyun mumbled like a child who had just learnt how to speak. His lips barely parted as he spoke. Truthfully, he was not really a morning person despite the nerdy look he had.

 

“Yesh, it’sh mowning alwedi. Now get up, Hippo! Before I spank you.” Leeteuk mimicked the younger’s lisping speech with a sarcastic tone, absolutely mocking, expecting the younger to bicker, or at least look annoyed.

 

However, less to his own expectation, the younger just ignored his mocking because he was still feeling drowsy, so he just let the sarcasm to float away. Dazed, the little guy blinked his eyes blankly as his forehead frowning and lips pouting.

 

After he saw the younger finally waking up (although not completely sober), Leeteuk shifted his focus on the other guy.

 

“Hae-ah. Lee Donghae. Wake up.” Said the elder as he moved closer to the bed and shook the younger’s shoulder gently.


“Hmmm, five more minutes…” the other whined as he slumped his blanket over his head. Leeteuk rolled his eyes. Another grumpy sleeper.

 

“Yah, Lee Donghae. You better wake up now or I’ll spank you for real.” The elder’s voice was flat, not gentle and not angry. Just flat.

 

“Yeah yeah…” Donghae was being oblivious to the threat, as he knew; Leeteuk was all bark and no bite. But maybe he was wrong just this once because the elder just cluck his tongue at the younger and snatched the blanket away, revealing the crouching young man on his bed. And before he knew it—

 

SPANK!

 

“Ouch! Yah! That hurts!” Donghae abruptly sprung upwards, with eyes wide opened as he rubbed the side of his sore hips. He glared at the elder, face flushed with morning anger.

 

“Good, if it hurts, it must mean you’re wide awake now. Now let’s go downstairs for breakfast.” Said the elder as he stood up, forcing the younger lads to get up along with him. Donghae reluctantly followed the elder’s order while drowsy Kyuhyun just did as he was told blankly.

 

They walked side by side as they headed for the dining room downstairs. As they approached the now noisy dining room, Leeteuk’s voice interrupted, shifting most of the members’ focus on them.

 

“What’s for breakfast?”

 

“Oh, Teukkie-hyung, Hae-hyung, good morning!” Henry greeted blissfully before he stuffed some scrambled egg into his mouth. The other members did as the other, greeting.

 

“Good morning.” Replied the elder with a smile. Donghae only nodded, as he was still moody and grumpy for a reason you-know-why. But then, only someone had noticed that no one was greeting the young maknae. Eunhyuk, having an unknown soft spot for the younger (with no reason), he greeted the younger,

 

“Kyuhyun-ah, good morning.”

 

 Eunhyuk’s lips curved upwards, forging a small smile when he saw the sluggish drowsy look on Kyuhyun’s face as the younger nodded in response.

 

“I shmell food…” The little guy muttered with pouted lips as his left hand rubbed his eye, dragging along Donghae’s arm with it (Donghae didn’t seem to mind though).

 

Eunhyuk, Hangeng and Heechul whom were actually observing the maknae from the start swooned at the adorable little creature in front of them. That fluffy cheek with his pale skin sprinkled with reddish hue, that plump lips, messy bed hair and that little lisping morning speech.

 

Just like a little child. Awwwww – Hangeng cooed in his mind, smiling foolishly as he continued observing the little hippo.

 

“Kyuhyun-ah, why is your cheek so red?” Eunhyuk suddenly asked, breaking away their little mental swooning.

 

“Dunno~ When I woke up, my cheeksh are alwedi painful… and my head hurtsh~” The younger whined in his slurred lisp speech, puffing his sore cheeks while he rubbed the spot on his head that got knocked on the bed.

 

Leeteuk inadvertently let out his evil smirk when he heard the younger whined. Hahaha it was my masterpiece.

 

“It could be cavity. You should go have a check with our dentist.” Heechul suggested in concern, but much to everyone’s surprise, the younger squawked in response.

 

“NO! Don’t wanna!” The little guy shouted as he stomped his feet. Again, the three of them cooed at the adorableness the younger was emitting in the early morning.

 

They definitely did not expect this adorable side from someone whom seemed ready to tackle anyone who dares to call him cute or this childish manner from a guy who previously exuded boldness (really? Doubt that XD).

 

If Siwon saw this side of Kyuhyun, all hell really could break loose… - Thought Hangeng, shivering when he mentally imagined the things that the big guy could and would do if he were to witness this precious sight.

 

“Ooookay then… Just, come here and have a seat you three…” Heechul replied. The three did as told.

 

They placed themselves in the empty seats across Eunhyuk, Heechul, Hangeng Yesung and Henry. It was then, they heard Donghae whined,

 

“Hyukjae~ Come here~” He patted the empty seat beside him, gesturing the latter to sit there. Eunhyuk smiled sheepishly at the spoilt manner Donghae had when he’s around. Eunhyuk then willingly stood up from his seat and brought his plate over to the other. And the two started their everyday routine, feeding each other.

 

The table was large and long enough to fit all 13 of them, but surprisingly, the eldest noticed that some people were missing, so he asked,

 

“Where’s Sungmin, Zhoumi and Ryeowook?” Leeteuk just casually served himself some green tea and a plate of toast spread with peanut butter.

 

Mouth stuffed with a piece of pancake, Eunhyuk replied,

 

“In the kitchen, packing some food for today’s trip.”


“Ewwww, Hyukjae, don’t speak when you chew!” The elder’s face cringed in disgust, but Eunhyuk just flashed his gummy smile before he continued eating.

 

“And Kangin?” the tanned guy asked again before he heard a voice shrieked from the kitchen.

 

“KANGIN! STOP STEALING THE FOOD OR I’LL GROUND YOU FOR A WEEK!”

 

“Okay, that answers the question.” Leeteuk laughed a little when he heard Kangin apologizing to Zhoumi whom wouldn’t stop on lecturing the hungry guy. The others laughed, comprehending the meaning. But soon after, another voice filled the room.

 

“Wait wait, what trip?” Donghae who seemed to be recovering from his bad mood (thanks t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter