Final

Wildfire

I stared one last time in the mirror ‘The fishtail braid this time looks great. Good job’ I thought to myself being proud at what I’ve done to my hair. Now to the beach. Since I live right next to the beach it didn’t take long to walk; it was about ten minutes away. I walked and watched as the sun starts to disappear down the horizon; the deep orange colour makes it looks so beautiful. Speaking of orange, it reminds me of my dream of that guy coming out of that huge bonfire. That big huge bonfire in the middle of my vision and everything else was dark. And this guy covered in flames emerging out of the fire and as he walked towards me the flames on him start to disappear. I remember his long arm reaching out to me as the flames on his arms descended and my arm trying to touch it. But I never saw his face. Bam! I was knocked out of my thought and I realised that I was on the floor. I looked up it was Mir, my ex and the girl that shoved me to the ground was Yoon Bomi his latest girlfriend. “Watch where you’re going” she glared at me. “What are you doing here anyway? Don’t you have a beach where you people live?” I asked. “Well...” Mir started to think of a comeback. “And that beach is better than this one. I’m also sure the council doesn’t let stuck up fags and snobbish s come here” I said as I got up. Bomi was about to slap me but I held her arm and punch her in the stomach. Mir looked like he was going to attack me but I kicked him in the shin before he made a move. The both were on the floor and I started to walk away. Mir shouted “You ugly no one ever likes you and I’m going to make the rest of your high school life hell.” I knew that doing what I just did is going to cost me and Mir knows how to make people’s live hell. I don’t know what to do.

I arrived at my favourite spot on the beach and started a little fire since it was getting pretty dark. I’m such an idiot I said to myself as I thought about what I just did to Mir and Bomi. I hate them both. But then the memories of me and Mir started to rise to the surface again. The times we spent together and my first kiss with him. I started to cry. The memories of how he broke up with me. “You’re a nice girl to hang out with but there are prettier girls than you. So... yeah...it’s over” his words repeated in my head as I stared at the fire in front of me. “Excuse me?” I looked up. “Do you if I sit with you. It’s kind of cold” an old woman asked. I tried o dry my tears “Yeah... sure” I said and scooted over for her to sit. The small waves reached the edge of the beach made night more pleasant. “Are you alright dear?” she asked. “Not really. Just trying to suppress sad memories because they suddenly came back to me and made me a crying mess” I said to her. She seems so nice. “Oh dear. It will be alright...here” she passed me a bright red stone with a carving of a phoenix on it.

500px-Red-stone--shiny_19-97201.jpg img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=74764274 (Chanyeol's symbol is engraved on the stone)

“Take it... I have kept it my whole life but I have a feeling it will help you more right now” She passed it in my hand. “But I...” “It will help you trust me... just chuck it in the fire and the most amazing thing will happen” she said and I stared at it. I looked up to where she was sitting and she was gone.

 I remember what she told me so I chucked it in the fire and the fire started to get bigger so I got up and stepped back. It was like in my dream the same tall guy emerged to same way out of the fire and reached his arm out to me. I don’t know what got into me but I touched his hand as the flames descend. He opened his eye and said “She found you, Mai Linh I can’t believe you are right in front of me.” “Have we met before” his smile faded but he said “Yes we have... a life time ago.” He rose up his hand to try to touch my cheek but I stepped back. This is too weird; I mean a life time ago? How am I supposed to remember that? “I’m sorry; I’m not going to hurt you. I can’t hurt you; Yoonji or should?” he said in the kindest voice. “Huh?” I looked up at his face. Yoonji? But that’s not my name. “Or should I call you Mai Linh. Yoonji or Mai Linh you’re the same person to me” he took a step closer to me and placed his hand on my cheek and gently lifted my chin so I could stare into his eyes. I just stared into his eyes. At first I saw a flickering flame in his eyes but soon the flame started to grow in his eyes. My brain started to feel light and these images started to flash before me, images of me and him. We were happy and what is this familiar feeling. There were images of when we first met in our other life, our first kiss as flames danced around us and us playing around in fields. Last of all was when he said his true feelings to me in my past life “I love you Yoonji. You and only you” and what I said to you “I love you too Chanyeol” Chanyeol... Chanyeol... that was his name. No that is his name. Suddenly everything went dark. I hear someone calling Yoonji. Yoonji was my name in my past life why are they... its Chanyeol! I opened my eyes “Yoonji?” “Huh?” I think I pasted out. “I mean Mai Linh” he said in a worried tone. “Are you alright?” I realised I was in his arms. All the love that I felt for him came back to me. “Chanyeol?” I said as I raised my hand to his cheek. “I remember... I remember you and my feelings for you. I has been too long” “I’ve missed you” he said and our lips met just like they did a lifetime ago.

 

3rd POV

Standing on the cliff was the same old woman that gave Mai Linh Chanyeol and she was watching then hugging together as flames danced around them like she watched the same scene a long time ago. “I hope I’ve forgiven for what I’ve done to you many years ago, fire prince Chanyeol” she said as her body turned into cherry blossoms and got carried with the wind.