Prologue

Americano
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prologue

The bell went off when a young man with pink hair opened the door with a flyer in hand.  He wanted to get a new job after he was fired from his last job. He was still uncomfortable with the reason why he was fired. The young man sighed as he looked around the coffee shop and took in the aroma in. Why is it so empty? The young man thought to himself as he explored the coffee shop some more.

It was a cute place.  The color of the walls helped make the coffee shop feel warm and inviting.   He felt like this would be a great place to work.  The young man had heard that this place was owned by someone who was only two years older than him.  To run a successful business at a young age was impressive.   

It is open isn't it? Did someone break in?

"Hello is anyone here?" The young man asked as he looked around.  He sighed deeply when there was no answer. "Maybe I should start baking something while I wait..." The young man bit his lip as he walked around the counter, and into the kitchen where he saw someone asleep on the floor, hugging a bowl that was filled with chocolate cake batter.

The young man walked over to the man sleeping on the floor.  He titled his head and stuck his finger into the cake batter, and it.  He cringe, the young man has never tasted something so off-putting in his life.  He sighed as he tapped the man on his shoulder, hoping that he would not be too frightened. 

The man's eyes started to open

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter