You Know Her ?!

The Silver Age

 

While we were walking to our classrooms, Soo and I noticed a huge mob near  the school's main entrance.
Sooyoung pushed her way into the crowed to find out what was going on .
I heard her scream an "omo" twice and saw her running towards me in great shock, she couldn't even breathe.
"
SY - YOU ! NEW TWIST !!
- heinh ?

SY - Look ! she pointed at a limousine entering the school's parking
- What are you ... Jongin
I had three words in my head "I'm screwed", so I ran towards class.
why .. could it.. no .. oh God .. no ..
- you arrived early to class today Miss Kang ..
- Hello sir .. I said while gasping for air
- I see you're excited
- yes very excited ..
- You see history is really important in our lives  and although many students neglect its' value I ..
Mr. Lee kept going on and on about his teaching subject until the second bell rang.. Thank God it did . The last thing I needed is a lecture about the importance of history and during the entire class session all I could think of is how to avoid Jongin as he is back to his homeland Korea.
Why did he have to return now ?! I thought he's staying there for another year .. Damn it .. I'm super screwed ..
I had to walk in school with a lot of precaution and all those action movies that I watched finally  helped out with something . I thought I was safe at a certain point and I let down my guard, yet again Mrs.Univers says hi . I bumped into Jessica and Jongin TOGETHER.
Seriously ?!
- I'm sorry for bothering you unnie, I said while observing the floor

J - Yoona ? Is that you ? said Jongin while trying to get a good look at me, Wahhhaa you've grown a lot since the last time I saw you !
Jess - you know her ?!

Sometimes, there are moments in one's life on which they wish if the ground would crack up and swallow them or that they were never born. That was my exact feeling after my unexpected meeting with Jessica and Jongin. In that particular moment "I need a hero" popped on my mind.
I've been trying to avoid him all day long and I even arrived first to every class yet the Universe pulls out another silly trick on me. I wasn't the only person caught off guard.
I guess Jessica has never imagined that I could possibly have any connection what so ever with Jongin, while he, on the other hand proved a great shock towards my epic physical change.
All I did was pray .. pray that my hero would come and save me from Jessica's rage storm and the awkwardness I felt while Jongin teased me because I look different.

" Yoona ! I haven't seen you all day .. Where have you been ?!"
Hey isn't that JY? Hallelujah !! It's about time !

JY - Hey there
Jess - JY meet Kim Jongin, he just got back from Milan

JY - Hello there Jongin, I'm Yong Hwa but you can call me JY .. What were you doing in Milan ?
J - I used to study there.
why does JY have to be so nice right in this particular moment ?! Enough already ! And where's the bell when you need it ?!

JY - So are you going to study in  our class ?
Jess - Unfortunately, since Jongin was in Milan for the past year he has to study with freshmen. Don't worry, I'll keep him company
JY - ahh .. Yoona is a freshmen too .. she's
Jess - you really don't have to introduce them to each other. They were friends before but not anymore  ! C'mon Jongin you're gonna be late during your first days here
J - It was nice to see you again Yoona .. Nice to meet you JY
JY - Nice to meet you too , he said while Jongin and Jessica left, So that leaves us two alone
- So ?

JY - I haven't seen you in two days .. and texting is not enough .. Where have you been ?
Trying to hide actually
- I was a little busy actually

JY - I'm tired to of hiding.
Me too !
- Hiding from ?

JY - People and gossip .. let's let the public know that we're dating
- I thought you said we should take it slow

JY - No slow anymore .. Life is too short
You bet ya !

JY - So what do you think ?
- Sure

JY - I'll drop by at your place tomorrow morning .. By the way, is your father home ? I want you to introduce me to him.
- He's abroad actually

JY - ahh .. I guess I'll just see you tomorrow ?

Sometimes, the Universe loves to fool around, manipulating our memories and thoughts just to bring back certain feelings that we thought are gone with the wind.

Well, here goes the universe messing around with my emotions while I should be happy that my relationship with JY is going out to the public, I mean who did ever expect that I, Kang Yoona, would be JY's girlfriend among all girls we have in school?

Anyways, I walked into the classroom and the teacher said :
"Let's all welcome a new pupil coming from Milan Italy .. would you introduce yourself ?

J- Hello, I'm Kim Jongin please do take care of me.


 

Dear Universe, I really hate you right now.

***

Mom - So .. He's basically your classmate ?
- Yeah ..

Mom- Omo ! Maybe it's a sign from God honey ..
-  I'm supposed to be happy but depression is taking over me

Mom- How did you react when he introduced himself ?
- I practically screamed a NO when I heard her saying that I'm gonna be studying with Jongin for the rest of the year. All my classmates were shocked when i yelled so I had to pretend as if I forgot my phone on the bench .. I ran out of class and here I am calling you 3.. WHAT ON EARTH AM I GONNA DO ?!
Mom- Relax ! Just pull yourself together and go back to class as if nothing happened.

I hang up and got back to the English sesion thinkingf that everything will be alright and that Jongin's existance in my class is not a problem .Why would it be ?

Well, I was wrong, very wrong because miss Kim made him take the seat right next to mine while I was "looking for my phone" and there was absolutely no way to argue with her. even the "dad doesn't want me to sit next to boys" excuse didn't work so I had to put up with it.

It was really weird to sit next to him. I mean like awkwardness overload ! I even found a huge difficulty to answer miss Kim's questions and stayed silent for the entire session, I wonder why. 

At the cafeteria, Jongin captured all the attention. A girl even asked for his signature yet those groupies he had didn't hang around for a long time since Jessica showed up and scared them away. Jongin and Jessica talked for a while then she stood up and left- the place angrily.

JY - Babe , what are you looking at ? Your lunch is gonna get cold if you keep fantasizing about me while I'm right next to you  

- Heinh ... ? What did you just say  ?

"First she was sitting next to Jongin and now she's having lunch with JY that's just too much "
- Ya ! mind your own business !! I yelled at those stupid girls who passed by our table

JY - So you sat next to Jongin ?
- yeah the teacher made him sit next to me

JY - nae ..
- are you jealous ?

JY - Used to be .. Not anymore .. he said while getting up on the table LADIES AND GENTLEMEN I like to announce something ..
- JY what are you doing ? people are staring at us .. stop .. I pleaded

JY - Hang on .. This girl Kang Yoona is officially my girlfriend ! Stay away from her !

The crowd went wild and I blushed while watching JY getting off the table.
- You didn't have to do that ..
A sarcastic voice interrupted me

KH - That was an interesting announcement, sit down now we get it. I have a much better announcement students ! he said in a proud tone,
I, Principal Kim Heechul state that this year's talent show will be funded by
 a well known entertainment company, which means that 3 winners from the show will get the chance to become super stars .. Yes I know... I know. he said when he heard the impact of his announcement on us. Let me now read the list of students who signed up to  participate in this year's talent show :

* Jessica Jung (singer)
* .................
* Jung Yong Hwa and his crew
* ............................
​* ............................
​* ............................
* Kang Yoona
​*​............................
and finally Kim Jongin (dancer)

 

Just when you think things can't get worse .