I Wanna Be Pretty (Zico) | AleexLeeMiller [Sequel to The New Kid In School]

Do U Wanna B? Block B - Oneshot Request Shop (Not Taking Requests)

(A/N: This is a sequel to The New Kid In School in Chapter 6. So I suggest, if you haven't read it yet, to read it! On with the story~!)

Alex's POV

It's been six months since I've arrived here in Seoul High School, and I've made many new friends. However, I find myself thinking that I'm still an outsider.

From time to time, I feel their stares on my back, I can see the glares I get when I walk into the school... It gets to me sometimes. Even though, Block B told me not to worry about it, I still can't help but feel self-concious about myself. Everyone here seems so perfect, like they just came off the pages of a fashion magazine or something. They look even more intimidating in their uniforms.

On the bright side, I managed to expand my speaking and writing skills in Hangul!

I was on my way to the girls' bathroom, when I was shoved against the wall of lockers. I turned to see Hyoyoung and her minions standing there looking pissed.

"Yah~ Just because you're Zico's girlfriend, doesn't mean we're gonna treat you any differently! You think you're better than us because you're different, huh?" Hyoyoung hissed at me, as she pulled my hair. Ever since I came here, my self-esteem lowered gradually. I was starting to get brainwashed into thinking that I needed to have pale skin and a S-Line body to be considered beautiful.

"I don't get what Zico oppa sees in you! You're chubby, ugly, and aren't even close to his standards! He used to date girls that were worthy of being seen out in public with him! I honestly feel bad for you! Sooner or later, he's gonna come to his senses!" Hyoyoung smirked and pushed me against the lockers once more before leaving.

I went into the bathroom, on the verge of tears and stared at myself in the mirror. I was disgusted with how I looked. My hair was all tangled, while my uniform was crumpled. I washed my face before heading to the nurse's office.

She was a nice, young lady, who was born and raised in Canada. When I entered, I heard a gasp.

"Oh my god! Alex! Who did this to you?! Are they crazy? Are you hurt anywhere?! Sit down, please!" The nurse, Choi Jina, or just G.NA, helped to the bed.

"I'm fine, G.NA! It's not as bad as last time..." Yeah, this wasn't the first time it happened. I never told Zico about it because I knew how he'd react. I didn't want to trouble him with my problems.

"Not as bad? Probably worse! Those girls can't get it through their heads that you have natural beauty! They just had their parents pay for their faces! I promise you 99.9% that their noses weren't like that three years ago! I can find yearbooks to prove it!" G.NA said, which made me giggle.

She made a face at me and continued, "You think I'm lying? Pshh, gurrl. I know for a fact that Hyoyoung didn't have those double eyelids last spring! Seriously, those girls disgust me!"

"Wow, are you sure you're a nurse G.NA-unni? Maybe you should try being the guidance counselor?" I was in awe at her words of wisdom, or shall I say gossip, for me.

"Actually, I've been wanting to switch majors! Thanks for making that decision easier for me!" She laughed and we continued talking until the end of the school day, since I didn't feel like going to class.

She ended up taking me home, since she lived on my side of town.

Before I got out of the car, she called my name. "Alex. I'm serious about what I said before in my office. You're pretty, and you have a pretty personality to match. That's why Zico likes you. Please, don't let those girls break you down. You deserve to have a smile on your face."

I was tearing when she said that to me. I hugged her tightly, and she hugged back. "Yo, I gotchu!" She said imitating a gangster voice.

"I know you grew up in Canada, but please don't say that ever again!" I chuckled and got out of her car.

The Next Day

I was on line for lunch, talking to one of my friends Lee Chaerin, when I was suddenly pushed.

"Yah~ Can't you girls just leave Alex alone?!" Chaerin yelled at them. She was one of the few girls in this school that was actually nice to me. She also had a bad temper.

"Hey, CL. You don't have to waste your time on them. Let's go." I pulled her away from the smirking Hyoyoung. When I turned around I saw Zico and the rest of Block B standing out of their seats glaring at Hyoyoung.

We were walking away when I felt something cold run down my back. That's it.

I was more than furious, and the spilling of the cold milk, was the last straw.

I turned around and glared at Hyoyoung, who flinched at my icy stare. If looks could kill, she'd have suffered the worst death.

"Look, Hwang Hyoyoung. I've had enough with you and your friends! Do you guys have nothing better to do with your lives that you bully me? It's pathetic! I may not be as skinny as you, I may not be as pale white as you; but all of that really doesn't matter to me! At the end of the day, you guys are still gonna be the superficial girls you are now. Nothing is ever going to change that."

With every word, she and her friends shrank away from me. They all ran out of there at lightening speed.

I finally let out my feelings, and it felt good. 

I heard the sounds of applause resounding throughout the whole cafeteria. Everyone was cheering and chanting my name.

CL hugged me and said, "OH MY GOD! I knew you had it in you to tell them off! You even told them off in FLUENT Korean!"

I was proud of myself. Someone tapped my shoulder, and I turned around to find Zico and the rest of Block B standing behind me.

Zico smiled at me and said, "There's just so many surprises with you, isn't there?" He leaned in and gave me a kiss on the cheek. He whispered in my ear, "Your confidence is y, just sayin." I laughed and rolled my eyes.

Jaehyo said, "Your Korean has definitely improved! I'm impressed with the way you handled yourself back there!" Everyone nodded in agreement.

I bowed to them, while CL's friends, Park Bom and Gong Minji, ruffled my hair. "No need to be so formal with us! We're your friends!"

I looked around to see all of them smiling. "We're friends?" One of my classmates, Ahn Sohee, pouted and said, "I hope you think of us as friends! Because we definitely think of you as a dear friend!"

I smiled and said, "I didn't know you guys thought that way! It makes me feel very happy to know that! I'm grateful to have met you guys!"

"No problem, unni~" Hyuna, a friend I met through CL, gave me her signature eyesmile.

Zico put his hand around my waist, and said, "You have got to get the fact that there are people in this school that care for you! Especially me. I don't wanna hear about you getting bullied from anyone else. I'm here for you." He leaned his head on my shoulder.

"Awwh, we better leave the couple alone!" Kyung gave a cheesy smile, and everyone went to Block B's table, while Zico and I headed to the school's garden.

"Alex, can you do me a favor?" Zico asked as we took a seat. I nodded my head. "I never want to hear you say the words 'I'm ugly' or 'I'm not beautiful' coming out of your mouth, okay?"

I nodded my head and replied, "I promise."

"Good." He replied, before leaning in to kiss me.


 This was way more of a serious topic, than I wanted it to be. I was listening to 2NE1's Ugly when I was thinking about an idea. I want my readers to know that you shouldn't let other people get to you! ^^

There were a lot of people in this one! 2NE1, Block B, Wonder Girls, 4Minute, G.NA~! If you guys want, I can be able to add even more characters OUTSIDE of Block B. hehe.

I was also thinking of opening a INFINITE Oneshot Request Shop... Why do you guys think? Should I do it? Would you guys request?

Don't forget to leave a comment!~^^