Chapter 1

The Nightmare in Seoul
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Iris's POV

*Beep beep beep beep*

The annoying sound of the alarm that wakes me for the prison, called school, that rings at exactly 6:40 a.m. Throwing my arm across my queen sized bed, trying to reach the nightstand that held the source of the noise. I noticed that my closet door was open, yet again. Sighing, I got out of bed and walked to my closet, quickly grabbing my school uniform then closing the door and locking it. A soft knock came through my room door. My mother's head popped in with a crooked smile. *She looks sober for once* I thought seeing that she wasnt in her usual drunken state as she softly spoke, "Iris, you're up! Good, hurry, so you can eat breakfast, then I'll drive you to school!" I cringed at the thought of her driving me to school, when she knew well that I took the subway train.

Turning towards, her I began to speak, "Mom, I dont wa-" my words were cut off seeing what she wore. In replacement of her sweatpants and t-shirts, she wore a blue sundress with matching blue heels. Her hair was, for once, brushed and straightened. Wondering why all of a sudden a change, it came to me: she found another man. Walking to my bathroom, trying to keep the conversation short, I called over my shoulder, "I don't want a ride, still gonna take the train and forget about breakfast your new boyfriend can have mine." Closing the bathroom door, not caring if she was protesting, just wanting to start my day off with a some what of a good note.

 

*20 Minutes Later*

Now running late, I ran out of the house with my backpack in one hand phone in the other, sneakers barely on properly. Conveniently, the train station wasn't far if I took the shortcut, but it cut through an old abandoned warehouse, so no one really went through there.

My Galaxy started ringing, without looking at the caller I.D, I answered,"Hello?"<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter