Start Over? – Sebaek

Oneshot Collections : Baekhyun OTPs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was pretty late, the cold wind breeze have been bothering him lately that he kept on continuously rubbing his frozen hands together; creating a momentary warmth to himself. There is Baekhyun, whom just walking around from hall to hall, drowning in his thought late in the night. The weather really wasn't so bad -- or at least that's what he thought it will be; but he cannot lie, the slave's cheeks were a mixture of pink and red because of the coldness that he suffers.

 

Baekhyun just stood there; all alone, drowning in his thought once again. Now that his work was temporally done in the end of the day, he has been informed to actually rest since he has to work again in the first thing in the morning. But being categorized as one of disobeyed slave in the mansion, he just let it pass. He didn't feel bothered by anyone to scold him for not being in his room and have some good rest. "Earth to Baekhyun," snapped his deep thoughts away, Baekhyun blinked as he tried to find the source of the sudden voice. "Hello?" Baekhyun shook his head before looking at the latter as he bowed his head in apology before muttering a soft sorry to the later.

 

Without further ado, the later just gave him instruction late in the night. Baekhyun wasn't amused that he will have this kind instruction, even if he was this tired as he possibly ever imagine yet he has to pleased the masters in the mansion -- especially a certain tall master, Oh Sehun; that's what everybody calls him exclude all the slaves of course. Heading to the kitchen, he prepared a teapot that was full with tea; bringing all the equipment that he have missed besides the tea, he kept on searching things until Baekhyun himself satisfied. Everybody knows that master Oh will not forgive anyone for a single mistake that the slave made, being such a perfectionist master, Baekhyun wouldn't let the later expectation will be down. Knocking at the wooden door three times, "Master, here's your tea." Baekhyun announced softly.          

 

“Ah, Baekhyun.” his voice was the imitation of the slaves, voice soft and gentle unlike the drawling tone he had used before. "Come in and just set the tea down on the desk." he gestured toward the desk where his textbook lay before pausing for a moment, eyes narrowing as he scrutinized the other.

 

A greet heard from the latter, Baekhyun just bowed his head, keeping himself silent for a moment before stepped inside from the overly warm place, different pressure from the hall just a while ago. Did his face make it all obvious -- stupid Byun Baekhyun will be remaining stupid for eternity? He didn't do any of that on purpose, they often said that he was the chick who craving for attention -- especially when it comes to this master who he was currently working late at night. Being careless as he is, Baekhyun just shook all the negatives; treating it like a dust. He never take it so serious, somehow he managed to enjoy all the negative comments.

 

"Are you cold?" he asked softly, concerned as he reached to touch the other's cheek gently, not even flinching at the cold that contrasted with the warm of his skin. As his eyes searched the other, he could of course see the tiredness in the other's eyes and instantly felt almost a pang of guilt for calling the other so late at night. Nevertheless, Sehun's expression didn't change, showing nothing of his feelings as he took a step aside, allowing the other to enter. "You may sit and warm up if you'd like."

 

Flinched at the sudden warmth on his cheek, the slave could only grasp the situation a second too late; the master was caressing his cheek to warm him up. Actually he liked it, the warmth suddenly taking over the cold and currently the body that's been numb because of the mansion chores and so whatever called punishments coming to all his way since the morning yet he was here, performing his best to master Sehun whom everybody knows treat Baekhyun differently. Now thinking about it, he didn't understand why on earth this master did looked in him. The slave surely has many flaws in himself besides there are more slaves out there that can outcome Sehun's satisfaction. Shaking his head as a response, the slave just lied to the master, he didn't want to make the latter too concerned about his condition, "N-no, I'm o-okay master," Whenever he tried for not to stutter in front of him, Baekhyun couldn't. The coldness once taking all over him, he can't do anything to help his condition right now.

 

Once again, he rejects his offer -- demand actually. Baekhyun didn't really want to bother him with his persistence, he better back off again. "No thank you master," Baekhyun once again did that, rejecting politely before turning his body to the door, attempting to get out from the cozy yet big room. For the last time, being a slave wasn't bringing advance -- or that's what he thought. Baekhyun never used Sehun as his advanced since he knew that he will be too y for a slave to think about himself. Whenever the slave had the offer, he‘ll always rejecting it without a second thoughts and this happened every time when he was serving Sehun, the arrogant master which Baekhyun thought that Sehun wasn't that arrogant at all.  

 

"Baekhyun," Sehun's voice was stern now as he frowned, lips curling down. Frowning made him more frightening honestly, and Sehun was quiet content with that. The image he put forth was one that made him safe and secure from those that attempted to hurt him. "Stay. That's an order." His voice was soft yet stern as he closed the door, returning back to his seat as he picked up his pencil. "You may leave once you are warm." His lips curled into a smile "And don't give me that crap about you being warm in one minute, I know how cold it is out there."

 

Baekhyun swallow his own saliva, nervous because of the other using his stern voice. Baekhyun never gets comfortable in the way Sehun using his stern voice to him. It was quite new for the slave to hear that the master using his authority to ordering him what to do, whenever it's good or bad; they're masters and Baekhyun just merely just a fragile slave in their eyes that can't do anything to fight; instead in the end he will obeyed the master's request. "B-but--" The smaller mumbled at the loss for words. As if Sehun were reading his mind, he wanted to tell the latter that he will keep going because he already warmed enough. Doesn't even fight, in the end the slave just bowed his head down before hesitantly sits on the sofa.

 

Baekhyun's cheek had been cold, frigid and Sehun couldn't help but sigh at the conditions that the slaves seemed to work in. Of course, he disapproved of it nevertheless had no power to change anything. He was merely a guest. "Don't worry." He spoke as an afterthought, lips curling into a wry smile as he twirled his pencil "I won't do anything to you." Sehun was a surprisingly gentle master with morals, though he didn't seem like it at first impression. Growing up in a rich household he was taught manners as well as how to respect. Respect always had to be earned in Sehun's case. He wasn't one to fool around either. 

 

Baekhyun perks up in a bit, facing the taller one; clueless as ever about the words that have been spilled out though out his mouth. The slave was not totally grasp the situation, not that he lazy or playing all innocent, "W-what did you mean by that, m-master?" He mentally slapped to let himself for allowing him to stutter in front of Sehun. It was quite embarrassing for Baekhyun to stutter like this, especially in front of a master. What he can do? The cold taking all around him never meant to be get away, more likely keep gaining it. He won’t let his sickness blocking his works though. Baekhyun was one diligent slave out of the mansion, that's what he kept hearing as a compliment.

 

"I mean I won't hurt you." Sehun paused, shrugging "Or do anything else." He chuckled softly, shaking his head. Honestly, he didn't want to hurt anything or anyone who had been near him or by his side. He considered the slaves which served him quietly to be on his side, those who were kind and courteous to be people who he could trust. To hurt one of them was not anything he wanted. He only wished to hurt those who tried to hurt him. “Now here,” he gave the other a warm smile, handing the other his tea "Drink up. You're going to freeze to death if you don't and I honestly don't want you dead." He closed his eyes briefly before he opened them, continuing to work on the problems in front of him, pencil moving over the paper as he tried his best to focus.

 

For the first time in his life, he never met a caring master like Sehun. Sehun were somehow looked like that he's being protective towards the slave overprotective, possessive; you name it. At first he knew that slave like him wouldn't ever expect for a master to care about their statement. They learned for not expecting too much because it will hurt if it's not like you've ever wanted. In Baekhyun case, he can't believe that someone treating him really well like Sehun himself, he would ask to himself; what's so special about him in Sehun eyes anyway? Not that he disliked it or hated it; it's just so weird for him to know that a master would care about him.    

 

Shifting uncomfortably on the sofa, he just simply shook his head in denial. This was so wrong, why the master just serve Baekhyun; it supposed to be all way around. The slave knew after this, there were probably some treatment for him; a really different treatment that Sehun gave to him. He will be hated if somebody knew about it, not that he minding about it. Baekhyun didn't want the others to look up at him, eventually will do anything it takes to hurt Baekhyun. Jealousy still remained for the slaves inside and outside the mansion, especially their jealousy in Baekhyun. "N-no, that's okay master," Baekhyun still refused to accept Sehun's offer although he knew how stubborn the latter actually are.

 

"You're a stubborn one aren't you?" Sehun mumbled, letting out a sigh before his lips curled into a wry smile as he set the cup of tea next to Baekhyun, not imposing for the other to drink it, nevertheless allowing for him to drink it if he wished. Honestly, he'd never met a slave as stubborn as Baekhyun, one who rejected what his master would offer him. Most slaves would jump at being offered such luxuries; instead Baekhyun seemed to flinch away. Focusing down on his textbook as his mind wandered through the problems, nevertheless also listening to Baekhyun at the same time. Personally, he found it stifling here, his parents taking away the freedom that he most definitely deserved so he could focus on his studies. Nevertheless he didn't find this place to be terrible, but that might be because he was pampered and cared for her.   

 

Hearing the latter mumbled, Baekhyun just bowed in apology. He didn't mean to disobey his command or something even close to that. Baekhyun just think he will be a burdensome to the others; he just didn't dare to drink what the masters’ drink, eat what they eat; even living their lives. All of the masters’ life can't be handed to the slaves, they knew that; yet there were so many of them just accepting the temping offer by most masters in here. It wasn't the case for Baekhyun, sure he always been offered almost everything tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter