Distance Between Us – Baekchen

Oneshot Collections : Baekhyun OTPs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongdae let out a soft breath of air, his eyes focused on the pavement ahead of him as he continued to step. Baekhyun had been quite distant towards him lately and he didn't know why. It wasn't towards the rest of the members, but only directed to him. It made Jongdae slightly irritated with his younger member. In all honesty, he missed the cute puppy clinging on to him and being mental. Walking into a cafe, he sighed in relief as the smell of coffee and cream overtook his senses. He needed this. With a small smile, he went into the line, only to pass by a familiar figure sitting by himself in the corner.

 

It was Baekhyun.

 

Leaving the long line for his friend, Jongdae sighed softly. The others ignorance was making him mental, and he wouldn't be able to stand having Baekhyun ignore him. Band members were supposed to talk with each other, weren't they?

 

"So.. Hey, Baek. " He greeted utmost awkwardly. Jongdae pretended to ignore the others' face of distaste when he saw him. It hurt Jongdae when he noticed how his little puppy was ignore him. Scooting a chair outwards, he sat down in front of Baekhyun. 

 

He hissed, Baekhyun did.

 

Jongdae noticed how Baekhyun grimaced slightly and looked out the window for a second, recollecting his thoughts. It seemed that his friend seems didn't want to speak with him, or even make eyecontact. "Baekhyun.." He whispered quietly, nervously tapping his fingers on the wooden table. "I don't know what I did wrong.. But why are you ignoring me?" Jongdae asked softly, his eyes looking straight at Baekhyun. "It's making me worried, Baek. " 

 

Once again, Baekhyun didn't answer, instead just sighed.

 

Jongdae sighed softly and looked at Baekhyun again, noticing how uncomfortable he's been. "I.. I know I haven't been giving you enough attention, Baekhyun.. But.. You're being really distant and it hurts me. " He spoke in a gentle manner, his hand reaching towards Baekhyun's. "I miss my Baekhyun.. I miss you being around me. " The younger admitted without shame. He wasn't used to having his noisy friend clogged up in his room, not coming out until dinner time. 

 

He was used to the other one sleeping on his lap and pawing at him to play, showing him an amount of affection he loved. Jongdae wriggled his nose and looked outside for a moment before turning to see Baekhyun again. "Is anything bothering you lately?" 

 

"No one bothering me except you Kim Jongdae," 

 

Jongdae was surprised at Baekhyun's attitude. Baekhyun has never been this rude to him, and even if he was, Jongdae would've sure enough put him back in his place. This time he wouldn't. He knew there was something going on. "Baek.. you're being rude and I'm so confused. I'm worried because you've been staying away from me and I miss you.. so much.. " He confessed, sighing quietly. "You're my friend and I care so much for you.. I don't know what's going on most of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter