▷alexanndra

❝사랑 & 정직❞ ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ sʜᴏᴘ | Open |
One of The Guys


 

Title [5/5]

It is a good title but somehow it is not eyecatching enough for me. I'm not sure why, though. I have asked my sister by telling her the title (and only the title) and she said it sounds interesting so maybe it's just me. I have never seen a title like this before so points for originality. The title also connects well with the story as she loves one of the guys she was best friends with and I noticed that you described her as "one of the guys", and she's also in love with one of the guys so it is a good choice.

Description/Foreword [8/10]

With her fragile heart, the only hope she has left is having the mutual feelings between Mark and Alex.

With her fragile heart, the only hope she has left is hvaing mutual feelings between her and Mark.

I'm sorry if my correction isn't correct, English isn't my first language.  The point is you should refer to Alex as her for better punctuation. I imagined a scenario in which a reader left her desktop to do some work and continue off in the sentence. If she forget that Alex is the name of the character, she'll have to read back and make sure which isn't convenient.

Overall, I really like the description. I think it is well-written, and definetely sparks a sense of curiousity as it didn't reveal much. I personally like description that give brief explanation of what is going on, but didn't reveal much but of course, everyone have various preference.

There's also a spelling mistake on Alex's character introduction on the fireword. It was supposed to be "them" but you wrote (well, typed, I guess) it as "the".

Characterization [17/20]

The character did developed in term of their characters, but I felt that not much progress was made. Alex is that tomboy who fell in love with her best friend and she wore girly clothes to impress him. Mark is that teenage boy who is constantly looking for his one and only. I like how I can relate to them, though.

The whole story focused more on Alex and Mark, and the other characters was overshadowed by them. Minor characters like Suyung, Minjun, and the rest of GOT7's character doesn't have much background story and development. I feel like Suyung is there just so that Mark can realize his feelings for Alex, and that Minjun was just there to make Mark realize that Alex is the one. Suyung called Alex fat, but she accepted the fact that Alex loves Mark and let him go because she have realized her feelings for Minjun.

Characters tend to have a goal in a story. Alex's is to be with Maek, Mark's is fo find his soulmate. What is Suyung's and Minjun's goal? Do they just merely exist so that the main characters have someone to hold onto when they are hurt?

Plot/Originality [19/20]

The plot is that classic "falling in love with your best friend" plot which we have obviously seen in AFF multiple times so I deducted points for the originality. Cliche plots can srill be good when written beautifully, and I think your story is one of the many stories that achieved that.

Mechanics (Grammar, Spelling & Punctuation) [3/5]

I can't list them one by one since I'm on mobile but I found some minor mistakes. 

she pushing herself away, away from us.

she's pushing herself away,  away from us. 

hello kitty

Hello Kitty

bestfriend

best friend

And also, I want to explain about capital letters after quotation marks used during sentences since I noticed you have some mistakes on this topic.

Only use capitals after an exclamation point (!), a question mark (?) and if it is a person's name. Use a full stop to end the sentence if there will be nothing after it, but use comma when there's another line or action beside it. Here are some random examples.

"Hi, Mark!" She said happily.

"What are you doing?" She asked as she frowned.

"It looks awful," Alex commented.

"That's just useless," she said.

Alex scowled, "I was just trying to be concerned about you, jerk."

Get the idea? Do ask if you need more explanation.

Reader's Response [5/5]

The readers are great. They were ecstatic to find out what will happen next and it seems they're very supportive. They seem to be very curious and they always anticipated an update.

Overall Enjoyment [9/10]

I really do enjoy it, but the plot isn't my cup of tea. Well, the genre isn't my cup of tea, as I tend to enjoy sob stories and also genres like supernatural and fantasy.

Bonus [3/5]

You deserved it,  girl. Your story is amazing. 

Total : 69/75 (69 lol)

Comments : Don't be affected by the score, I think your story is amazing and mind blowing. You did a great job! Keep it up! Also, don't forget to credit us and don't be afraid to leave a comment if you need me explanation or if you disagree about something.  Thank you for requesting here!  Please come again! I'm sorry for any grammar mistakes that I made on my review because I'm on mobile. 

reminders
 
 
01. Comment upon receiving your review.

02. Credit the shop in your story forward.

03. Upvote atleast one of the stories of the reviewer.

04. Upvote the shop if you think it's worth it. 
1jbTNDd.png
USE THIS BANNER TO SUPPORT US
reviewer; cackle
layout designed by flamzfox at Cerulean Themes