Un-Feeling

Changed Forever

          ‘Don’t try to look for me, I’ll be long gone by the time you find this. I love Sungmin, but he doesn’t love me. I wanted to stay, but I also want what’s best for him and Jinsang, and he doesn’t think I’m that. I hope he finds someone else, and please, find some way to let my son know when he’s older that I love him more than anything else in the world and that I always will. Please don’t let him grow up thinking I abandoned him.’

          Leeteuk slammed his fist down on his desk as he stood, eyes wild with rage. “That bastard!” he cursed, tossing the note aside as Kangin rushed forward to calm him.

          Everyone, aside from Sungmin Yesung, and all the children, were standing around in Leeteuk and Kangin’s office, trying to figure out what to do about the current situation.

          The eldest rounded his desk, coming to a stop just in front of Hangeng. “You better have a plan to fix this.” He growled.

          “Why me?!” Hangeng questioned.

          “Because you’re the oldest of your little pack. You should be able to control them!”

          “Please, we’re people, not dogs.” Hangeng scoffed “And you better not be blaming all of this on us. You know just as well as everyone else that this is Sungmin’s fault too.”

          “How the hell is any of this Sungmin’s fault? Kyuhyun’s the one who abandoned him, Minnie’s going to be heartbroken when he discovers this.”

          “Enough!” Heechul glowered, stepping his between his angry brother and husband before things could turn physical. “He’s right, Hyung.”

          How so?” Leeteuk argued, and just like that the fight was turned between the brothers instead.

          “Sungmin had no right to treat Kyuhyun the way he did. You know as well as I do that he was taking his personal problems out on him. He drove Kyuhyun away. The kid may be annoying and disrespectful sometimes, but he would never abandon the man he loves and his child like this. He’s hurt, maybe even more than Sungmin.” Heechul responded, voice dangerous, and Leeteuk didn’t respond, his gaze dropping the floor as he backed away from the younger.

          “So… what do we do?” Ryeowook asked cautiously.

          “We need to bring him back. He made a mistake, but maybe if were able to catch him in time we can convince him to come back.” Hangeng explained.

          “Alright…but where is he?” Eunhyuk wondered.

          “Yah, he couldn’t have stayed in the village, he doesn’t have any money, or at least not the kind you’d need here.” Donghae added.

          Hangeng paused for a moment, the gears in his head turning, until he gasped in realization. “What if he’s not here?”

          The other’s seemed to catch on almost immediately.

          “Was last night a full moon?” Kangin asked, and Leeteuk nodded in response.

          “You don’t think he went back to our world…did he?” Ryeowook questioned.

          “I think that’s exactly what he did.” Hangeng replied, and Kibum nodded in agreement.

          “Then we only have seven hours to get there and bring him back.” Eunhyuk explained.

          “Oh please…you aren’t really considering traveling all the way out there just to bring your stupid friend back…are you?” Leeteuk questioned, his eyes full of disapproval, and when he didn’t receive a reply he sighed. “You’re all insane.”

          “You just told me too fix it! I’m trying to fix it!” Hangeng argued, and Leeteuk rolled his eyes, about to respond when the door opened.

          “Yunho said you were all in here….what’s going on?” Sungmin asked, noting the looks of worry, guilt, and horror that were all directed his way.

          “S-Sungmin…uh…” Ryeowook stammered.

          “You mean you haven’t noticed?” Hangeng asked, growing increasingly upset by the fact that the younger hadn’t noticed his lover was missing.

          “Noticed…what? What happened?” He questioned worriedly.

          “Min…Kyuhyun’s gone.” The eldest in the room answered.

          “Gone?”

          Leeteuk stepped forward, handing the younger the note.

          The entire room seemed to hold its breath as they waited for him to finish reading it.

          When his gaze lifted again, his eyes were emotionless, face stoic. “So… he left?”

          Nods answered his question.

          Sungmin frowned. “Good...I guess.”

          “Good? What the hell is wrong with you?!” Donghae exclaimed. “He’s the father of your child. He loves you! Doesn’t that mean anything?”

          “Of course….but clearly he couldn’t handle all of this. I’m glad he decided to get out now before he could make things more complicated.” Sungmin shrugged.

           “Wow….you really are ed up.” Heechul mumbled, ignoring the few scolding looks that were thrown his way. “You better get over that fast, cause they’re about to go bring him back.”

          “Don’t. He wanted to leave, let him.”

          “Sungmin, you can’t mean that?” Donghae reasoned, but the older merely waved him off.

          “Forget it. Do what you want, but you should know you’re just wasting your time.” he growled before turning and exiting the room, not in the mood to deal with any of it.

           The room was silent for a few moments after his departure, before Ryeowook spoke.

          “So…what do we do?”

          “We’re going. We can’t just give up like this, if not for Sungmin, then for Jinsang. He deserves to have a father.” Hangeng reasoned.

          “I’m in.” Kibum announced, stepping forward, and with him came Siwon, the guard taking his lover’s hand and nodding in agreement.

          “I’ll go.” Eunhyuk volunteered, and stepped forward as well, despite the look of fear on his own lover’s face.

          “So that’s four. I think that’s good enough.”

          “Hyukjae..?” Donghae hissed, yanking on the older’s arm to stop him as the others began heading out of the office to gather what they needed. “You promised me you wouldn’t leave. Not now.”

          “I know Hae, I’m sorry. But it will only be a few hours. I need to do this, he’s my friend.”

          “Yes and I’m your husband.” Donghae argued “Who’s weeks away from giving birth to your child. What if something…happens? Or what if I go into labor?”

          “I’ll only be gone a few hours. Nothing will happen.” Eunhyuk promised, pulling his lover against him and leaving a soft kiss on his temple.

          “You’ve always had more time than this to get there and back. What if you aren’t able to get back in time? You’ll be gone for a month. Hyuk…I can’t do this without you.”

          The older could hear the fear in his voice, the tears as well, though he couldn’t see them “I’ll be back in time, I always am. I’ll be here even if I have to leave the others behind to do it.”

           And while Donghae wasn’t completely convinced, he conceded.

           He clung to his lover’s hand as they made their way through the castle to where everyone else was gathered at the front, waiting.

           In the few minutes they’d been away, the other’s had gotten busy, each now possessing a small pack to take with them, each complete with maps, prepaid cell phones, cash, and snacks. They’d even packed one for Eunhyuk as well.

          Once ready, they said their goodbyes quickly, hoping to make it a painless separation, but as they headed for the main entrance, the kids came tromping in, one of the palace guards in tow.

          “Appa…where are you going?” Kyungil asked as he, his sister, and their cousin put all of their stuff away.

          “We need to go the other world for just a few hours.” Hangeng explained, kneeling down in front of the twins. “I’ll be back before bedtime, I promise.”

          And while Kyungil seemed happy with the response, Sunhee appeared upset.

         “You promised next time you went, you’d take me…” she pouted.

         “I know I did… but this is important. It’s like a-…a business trip.”

         “But you promised, and you said were not supposed to break promises.” The girl argued.

         “You do say that…” Heechul trailed, causing his lover to throw him an exasperated look over his shoulder.

         “We don’t have time for this.” Eunhyuk whined impatiently. “Just bring her, it’s not like it’s that big a deal.”

         “Fine….but Sunhee, I’m warning you now, you aren’t going to have any fun on this trip. We don’t have any time to do anything other than what we were originally going there to do.”

         “I don’t care. I just like going there.” She argued.

         Hangeng conceded with a sigh, and after his daughter said a quick goodbye to Heechul, and Kyungil, though her brother could obviously care less, they were on the move.

         ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

         Barely an hour later, once they had finally reached the portal and travelled through, Hangeng was already regretting bringing his daughter, his arms numb from carrying her.

         She had told him she was a big girl, and that she could make it just fine on her own, but after only twenty minutes, she was practically begging him to carry her, so through the remaining three miles of snow, he did.

         He set her down with a huff, shaking out his stiff arms as she took off into the vast field of green grass and trees, the same area they’d passed through all those years ago, and many times since. He knew she found the area fascinating, all of the children, as well as the shape shifters did, as they’d never quite adjusted to it.

         They all grew up in a barren place continuously frozen over with ice and snow, the trees never grew leaves, and the flowers never bloomed; the grass certainly wasn’t green. The only place they had that was anywhere near as vibrant as their world were the small, indoor arboretums they used to grow food, and most hadn’t ever seen the inside of them as they were treated in a similar fashion as factories, for survival purposes only.

          As he watched her skip around in the grass, he couldn’t deny that some of his earlier regret slipped away. He liked knowing that she enjoyed his homeland as well as her mothers. He always dreamed what it would have been like to raise the twins in the city, perhaps even in China, where he had grown up. He’d mentioned it too Heechul, but the older had immediately rejected the idea. He hadn’t been upset however, as he liked where they lived now. Their home was definitely in the castle back in the other world, and he wouldn’t have it any other way, not now anyways.

          “Can we please keep going?” Eunhyuk asked impatiently, bringing Hangeng to the realization that he had brought them all to a sudden halt with his daydreaming.

          “Y-yah.” He recovered, shaking it off as he began leading them forward again. “Ok, so we have about five hours left, and I think I already know where we should search first.”

          “Ten minutes ago you had no clue…now you do?” Kibum asked incredulously, and Hangeng nodded.

          “Yes. Remember our condo near the university? The one we all shared before going to the other world?” He asked.

          Eunhyuk and Kibum nodded.

          “I think he would’ve gone there first, maybe not permanently, but perhaps to get some things. He may still be there…if we’re lucky.”

          “Why?” Eunhyuk questioned.

          Kibum rolled his eyes. “Laptop.” Both he and Hangeng responded at the same time.

          They ignored Siwon’s questioning gaze as they began making their way down the dirt path that would eventually lead to the parking lot, Sunhee running to catch up.

          “We’ll start there, and if he isn’t there, hopefully we can come up with another plan before it’s too late.”

          “And what if it is too late?” Kibum asked.

          “I don’t know, but I refuse to leave here without Kyu. He needs our help, whether he’s willing to admit it or not.”

          If they weren’t able to find him in time, then regardless of what the other’s decided, he was staying. Kyuhyun was going to come back with them, whether it be that day, or a month later.

          He was going to make sure of it.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: TWO WEEKS!?!?! Omg guys I'm so sorry...i didn't even realize it had been that long. I got really stuck on this part for some reason and just had no motivation to figure it out...i'm sorry... but after taking a small break and coming back this just sort of happened. The next part is one i've been kinda excited to write so it definately won't take nearly as long, that I can promise you, so don't worry!

PLEASE COMMENT!!!!!