Thank you...

To make things right

First of all, I'm terribly sorry that I didn't update sooner >.< I was on holiday and didn't have the best internet connection >.<

But anyways, I'm back now!! ^.^

 

Thanks a lot for all the subscriptions! *hugs you all* and for the comment... and for everyone who just clicked on the story to read it. Thank you ^.^

This chapter isn't betaed since my beta still has her exams going on - well, in a few weeks but she has to study A LOT!!! and so she wasn't able to look through the chapter. This is why there might be some mistakes which I am very sorry for >.<

But I hope you like the chapter anyway ^.^ - so... here it is: Chapter 2!

 

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

 

He had sped as if he was chased by the devil himself. The fact that the car was still in one piece, was almost a wonder, the fact that he was still alive and not caught in a terrible car accident – that, was truly a miracle.

But right now, he decided to believe in miracles once again. It was time, right?

 

As fast as he could, he ran towards the concert hall – and already from the outside, he could hear his voice. His beautiful voice. Hangeng’s voice. It had been ages since he had heard him singing like this. Live.

And he loved it, every single note.

 

A relieved smile crept onto his lips as he slowed his steps down to finally enter the hall. He felt as he had just entered a world beyond his imagination. Yes, it was a concert hall like all the other ones, they had performed here as Super Junior too. But with Hangeng being the one holding the concert, it was different.

Entirely different.

Dazed, he went to look for his seat. Even though it was located on one of the top rows, quite far away from the stage, he had the perfect view on Hangeng. How he danced, how he sang – his whole appearance on stage. It hadn’t changed one bit. He was still the same charismatic man he had been years ago, who could make thousands of girls (and guys) faint with just one single glance.

He was still the same exceptional dancer and singer, he had been years ago… no, scratch that, he was even better.

 

Of course he had watched the younger’s shows on TV, of course he had listened to every of the Chinese man’s songs – heck he knew all of them by heart, despite his non-existing  Chinese language skills.

But seeing Hangeng perform live, to be in the very same hall as him – that, was something he hadn’t dared to dream for a long time. 

 

And between some lines, Heechul could see the Chinese man smile. Smile whole-heartedly, from the bottom of his soul.

A real smile.

 

And it brought tears to the auburn haired man’s eyes, as he watched the younger, how happy he was. How… content. He could feel, that Hangeng loved what he did. He loved the stage, he loved his fans… he loved literally everything.

 

 

Heechul didn’t know how long he sat in his seat, how long he let himself being embraced by the younger singer’s soothing voice. But after what felt like an eternity, he knew, he had to go.

He had to go to the back of the stage by the end of the performance, he had to talk to the man he loved. And be it for one last time – given that the Chinese man didn’t want to meet him after his love confession.

 

 

With his heart heavy and light at the same time, he made his way to Hangeng’s waiting room – for a second he wondered that no-one had stopped him. He didn’t belong to the staff or to the crew, after all. But he shrugged it off, maybe fate meant well with him for at least once in his lifetime.

 

In the far distance he could hear the audience screaming, chanting Hangeng’s name. The concert wasn’t finished yet, but he knew, it wouldn’t last too long anymore.

Now, all he had to do was to wait.

And wait…

Restlessly, he paced through the room. Back and forth. Seven steps ahead and seven steps back. And again.

Back and forth. He knew, he should calm down, he should steady his fast breath. But no, he couldn’t. Too suffocating was the anxiety he felt, too hard the pounding of his heart against his chest.  

Wait…

Wait…

Again, he was faced with the wall, without noticing, he had just crossed the small room with the given seven steps. Time to turn around and – No!

No, he wouldn’t turn around again and walk the same path back.

No!

He wouldn’t wait for Hangeng – he would approach him. Literally.

 

With a determined expression upon his delicate features, Heechul exited the waiting room, and headed straight to the off-stage area… and reached it a few minutes later.

 

 

Here he was – right on the left side of the stage. Finally.

Silently, he stood there, in the shadow of the curtains, not seen by any of the fans in the audience. The only ones who could see him – if they were looking, that was – were the people right next to him (members of the staff) and the people who were on stage right now.

Hangeng… but no, he didn’t look even though all it needed were a few grades of him turning his head to the left.

However, he didn’t. He kept his eyes firmly on his fans in front of him, unaware of the man standing mere meters next to him.

The man he had waited for so long…

 

Lost in thought, Heechul let his eyes roam over the Chinese man dancing and singing on stage.

Hangeng…

 

“Thank you so much!” the younger’s voice, spoken into the microphone and addressed purely to the audience, pulled him back into reality.

The concert had ended. One last time, Hangeng bowed to his fans, thanking them again and again for their support, for their love.

 

Now, the time had come. The time, he had to face the younger. Quivering, Heechul drew a breath and fiercely watched Hangeng’s every move.

Slowly, he turned around, as if in slow motion, his head turned around.

Slowly… oh, so painfully slow… Heechul held his breath.

Any second now, the younger would see him. After years of spending apart, after years of walking down their own path.

They would meet again.

 

One second…

Heechul waited – waited that their eyes would meet.

Two seconds... time stretched itself into eternity…

… and finally, he looked into dark brown eyes. And within a split of a second, those eyes widened. Shocked, confused… troubled. It felt as if space and time came to a halt at this exact second. It felt as if the world itself froze to stone, caught within the moment.

 

Still, Hangeng stood on the stage, unmoving, concealed by the situation. All he could think of was the man a few feet away from him.

Heechul.

Heechul…

His mind was chanting the name over and over again, tasting its sound, devouring it.

Heechul…

Kim Heechul.

It was all he could think about at this very moment – forgotten were the fans which stared at him in wonder, forgotten the cameras focused on his every being.

All he could see was Heechul, standing there with a warm smile in his dark orbs.

Waiting… for him?
 

Suddenly, his senses returned to him, made him realize where he was, where he stood! Instantly, he took off, almost leaped over the remaining distance between the Korean man and himself – and stopped a puny step in front of him, by now hidden in the shadows of the off-stage area from any curious glances.

Unbelievingly, he stood face to face with the other man, staring at him. Was that … real? Was this reality? Not just some wishful thinking? Not just his mind making up what he wished for since he had left Super Junior?

No, he couldn’t believe it. Here he stood: his other half. After all those years, after so many tears and so much pain.

“H-Heechul…?” he didn’t dare to voice the other man’s name out too loud. Too afraid of breaking the spell floating over them. Too scared of waking up in an empty bed with tears staining his cheek and his heart drowning in endless grief.

Anxiously, he waited. Waited for his vis-à-vis to raise his voice, to say… something. Just, anything, no matter what.

But all Heechul did, was shrugging his shoulders, smiling at him sheepishly. Because… truth to be told, the auburn haired man didn’t know what to say. He hadn’t thought, hadn’t prepared his words… he had just run.

Because all he had known, was, that he wanted to be next to this man, next to the Chinese guy, wanted to see him again, before it was too late. That was all, he understood. That he would not make the same mistake again and let the younger walk out of his life. No, not again.

 

“I… well…” his smile was hesitant. No, he really didn’t know what to say.

 

But those two words, were all Hangeng would ever need, to know what his other half wanted to say – no, he couldn’t read minds, never could – but he just knew. He could feel it, everything. With Heechul, looking into the older’s eyes, he just could. 

With one swift blow, all the tension broke away like glass splintering under a hammer’s . And a relieved smile made its way upon the Chinese man’s lips as he gently closed the remaining distance between them and pulled the man he loved into his arms, embracing him tightly. An instant later, he could feel how Heechul’s arms sneaked their way around his neck, how they pulled him closer. As close as possible.

“Wo ai ni” he whispered into the older man’s ear, almost inaudible, but he knew, Heechul had heard them as he responded in his own mother tongue: “Saranghae…”

He could feel how the smaller buried his face in the crock of his neck, could feel the soft auburn hair, as he the Korean man’s head.

“Thank you… thank you so much…” were the only words which left Hangeng’s mouth after minutes of silence. But they were enough. He could hear the smaller man’s cries and he knew, those were not tears of pain and sorrow, no, not anymore. They were tears of happiness, of relief… and love. Finally…

 

Slowly, Heechul backed away, slightly breaking the hug to look into the younger’s orbs. Endless seconds, endless moments, they stared into each other’s eyes – in the background, as if through a thick layer of haze, they could hear the fan-chants. The screams of the fans, how they demanded an encore.

But they couldn’t care less. All that existed in their world, were them. Kim Heechul and Hangeng, and no-one else. Slowly, they shifted closer… and closer… lost themselves in the other’s eyes… and finally, their lips met. It was a soft kiss, but nonetheless, a kiss full of passion and love, a kiss full of happiness – and everything that was worth living for.

 

It wasn’t romantic, it wasn’t like either of them had ever imagined it to be. But for them, it was perfect.

 

After an eternity, or maybe just a few seconds, neither of them really knew, the broke apart, smiling widely towards each other.

“I… I have to go back”, Hangeng’s voice was hoarse and heavily accented while he motioned with his head towards the stage, from where he could hear his fans screaming out his name. He didn’t want to go back out – not when he finally had the love of his life in his arms. Not now… who said he’d still be here, when he came back? Who said he didn’t vanish within the minutes he spent to please his fans? Who –

“I’ll still be here, Hannie” the auburn haired man’s voice wrenched him from his thoughts, his fears.

“R-Really?” he croaked, his grip tighten impalpably, but relaxing at the same time after hearing his pet name from the other man’s lips.

“Yes, I promise...” the older smiled assuringly, squeezing the Chinese’s hand softly. And with that, he pushed the taller man towards the stage.

He would wait.

 

And he did. When Hangeng came back from his encore after almost twenty minutes – his fans were quite demanding today – he was still there. Still standing on the very same spot, he had left him.

Waiting for him.

 

What happened afterwards, went by like a blur. They didn’t know how they found themselves back at the dorm of Super Junior where they were already expected by the whole group. Looked like Eunhyuk didn’t keep his mouth shut. And their welcome was more than Hangeng had ever expected to get from his former bandmates. It was warm – and felt like family. Like home. And right then and there, he realised just how he had missed it – how much he had missed those guys. All of them.

 

“Congratulations” Leeteuk smiled warmly, looking at their intervened hands.

“Thanks” the auburn haired man beamed while Hangeng blushed slightly, fixing his gaze on their interlaced fingers.

 

“So… what are you planning to do now?” it was Siwon’s voice that made him look up. By now, they were sitting in the living room, all together – Heechul pressed against his side, almost sitting on his lap while the others were sprawled all over the living room, focusing on the new couple.

“I…” he paused, shrugging helplessly with his shoulders. He didn’t know. He really didn’t – all he knew was that he didn’t want to let Heechul go. Not in this life, not in the next. He wanted to be with him – forever. But he also knew that it wouldn’t be that easy, or even possible. Too well did he remember his former entertainment and how they used to work and control their artists.

 

“Leave it to me” their leader spoke up suddenly, startling everyone. But he seemed confident, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed in front of his muscular chest, he gave off the vibe of someone who could achieve everything and anything.

“What I want you to do” he pointed to the Chinese man “is to take care of our Cinderella here” he motioned to said auburn haired male who chuckled at the given name.

“The rest, you’ll leave to me – you hear me?” he let his gaze wander through his band – including Hangeng. Because even after the younger had left them, he had always considered him part of the family – since family was family, no matter what. And Super Junior definitively was family. 

“And… what are you exactly going to do?” Eunhyuk’s sceptical voice brought him back from his thoughts “do you have a plan?”

By that, the older grinned evily. Of course he had one – he was, after all, their leader. You did not just say something without having a plan if you were the leader of a 13 member group. No, things didn’t work that way – and Leeteuk knew that.

“Of course I have, I’m not your leader for nothing…” he smirked, a diabolic smirk before it turned into an affectionate smile.

“Listen boys… do you still remember when we had our first concert? Our debut?” they nodded. Every single one of them, of course they remembered, how could they ever forget that special day?

“Back then, I told you… I promised you that I would take care of you. That I would fight for you – because we are family. All of us” he fixed his gaze upon Hangeng.

“B-but… I…” the Chinese stuttered, not knowing what to say.

“All of us” the leader repeated, his voice firm and strong “Super Junior is family, no matter what happens. You’ll always be a part of us.”

“But I… not come… back…” the younger struggled with his Korean, too long had it been that he had used it. But what he wanted to say came off clear: No, he didn’t want to go back to SM, not after how they had treated him, not after what they had done to him.

“Oh, I don’t want you to come back!” Leeteuk clarified immediately, stunning everyone “I can see how happy you are… you are free and… don’t you dare to lose this freedom! Do you hear me?!” he jokingly threatened the taller man. A nod was the reply.

“No… just… lean back and watch me… I’ll get it covered” and back was the evil smirk on the leader’s lips. Scaring the hell out of his band members…

 

 

It was the very next day that Leeteuk grabbed the two lovebirds and a very important looking briefcase and took them to the SM-Entertainment building, straight to the office of the big boss. Lee SooMan. There he made them wait in front his office while he all but dashed into said room and slammed the door shut behind him, almost cutting the younger men’s noses off as they were leaning in too far, too curious of what was about to happen.

And it took another five hours of shouting, yelling fist slamming on the table and important looking people running in and out of that very room, that Leeteuk came out of the man’s office, a satisfied smirk on his lips.

“Okay guys, I have it covered – let’s go” with that, he slung an arm around both their shoulders and dragged them back to their dorm.

 

What exactly had happened in the mysterious office, no-one would ever know – except for the ones being in there themselves.

All Leuteuk did, was giving s hints they couldn’t interpret and clues they didn’t understand. And the feeling, that their leader was by far not as innocent as he looked.

Oh well… let’s just say that Lee SooMan and some other high ranking officials of SM Entertainment didn’t exactly have such a clean record as they made the public believe. But out of all people who could have known, it was Leeteuk who actually did. And even worse, he had enough evidence to get them kicked out of their current positions if anyone knew about it, if he decided to go to the press or even the police with it. He might have even enough proof to put them in jail – for a long, a very long time. Not that he would actually tell anyone, no, that would have been wasted energy. No, he knew better than to reveal what made him so powerful towards his own bosses.

Leeteuk was a man who knew how to play his cards, and he played them to their very best. He didn’t want to get out of SME, no, not at all. Because he knew, to be successful in Asia, Super Junior needed a powerful company as their back-up. SM Entertainment was exactly that: powerful, well-known with tons of connections in the entertainment industry. They, Super Junior, needed SME – as much as the company needed his band. After the loss of the two remaining members of DBSK, their group was one of the few stable money-pillars on which the company could build. One of the few bands which promised a high, stable income.

To cut a long story short – they needed it each other, they depended on each other.

 

The whole situation kinda reminded Leeteuk of the days early in their career, as Super Junior just had become famous all across Asia. But this time, he was the one in charge of the rules, he was the one and only game master. And he already knew how he would turn the tables…

 

Finally, he had enough evidence against them… years and years of collecting and investigating behind everyone’s back paid off at last. He had started right after he had learnt that Hangeng wanted out of the contract, right after he got to know about the lawsuit, their Chinese member was about to fill in. He had given it his all, had done as much as he had been able to – but by the time that his dongsaeng had needed his help, he didn’t have enough against their bosses to be a real threat. He hadn’t been able to help Hangeng, and that, he regretted down to the present day.

However he had made sure that, should there be another situation, he would be prepared, he would able to help, to protect s, his family.

Now, this time had come. And all the things he had gathered against them, had made him more powerful than anyone would have ever thought him to be.

He practically had them down to their knees, right at his feet – and he used it to rewrite their contracts, much to their own favours, of course. He used it to give s the freedom they deserved – to love, to date, to meet whomever they wanted to. And so much more…

He used it to protect what he held dear.

He used it to protect Super Junior – every single one of them…

 

*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*

 

Leader Leeteuk to the rescue! xD

I hope you liked the chapter ^.^ please comment, subscribe... critique (even though I hope you don't have all too much to criticize xDDD)

 

See you for the Epilogue ;D

 

Kayuki