Prologue

To make things right

 

Heechul’s POV

I don’t know where I did wrong, where I made the mistake. I don’t know at what point in time, everything went downhill. I don’t know where I could have turned my fate around.

The only thing I know is, that right now I’m standing on the edge of an abyss, the ground crumbling beneath my feet. And no way back.

It’s tempting to jump, I have to be honest. But I know that it won’t solve anything. Not now, not in the future. Not ever.

You know… in movies, right now, my knight in shining armour would appear, would save me, would take my hand and guide me back to light. Would take me away from the abyss and pull me into his strong, protective embrace…

But… my life is not a movie. Never was.

 

Sometimes I wonder if happily ever afters just exist in fairy tales. You know, I always believed in them. Back then, when I got to know him, I believed in them… actually, he made me believe in them in the first place. Just to know him, it made me happy. It made me believe in miracles… in happy endings.

 

The day he left… it was the day I stopped believing. Believing in happy endings… at least for myself.

The day he left – the day he took my heart with him, without even knowing.

 

Heechul’s POV End