I

Kidnapped 2 The Broken

The pavement in the in the alley is cold, as cold as the buildings and everyone in them. The faint smell of trash fills my nose with the other smells in the area. My stomach growls, but I ignore it, I haven't eaten in a few days but I'm sure I can survive one more day. 
 
The sky is dark, a sign that it is no longer safe for woman or children to be out alone. Except me, no one could want me, I have no one. I don't know who I am and I probably never will, the last thing I remember is escaping a burning building. From there I've been in the streets, getting food when I can but mostly avoiding people. People are bad, aside from myself, from what I watch behind the scenes, they're merciless beings that take and never give. And I want nothing to do with them, if only I had more control over that.

I don't know how old I am, I'm guessing sixteen or seventeen but I haven't a clue. I'd ask someone how old I look, to which they'd only turn there head. Or I'm sure they'd comment on the smell or something, instead of answering the question.

Down at the end of the alley behind a store, is a mirror, this is my land mark for where I sleep. It used to be part of a dressing room that was torn down, but whoever was in charge left the mirror nailed to the wall.

I examine myself in the mirror, I can easily count my ribs through the tears in my dress. The night gown I wear is nowhere near white like it once was and is tattered at the bottom. My hair matted but not nearly a rat's nest, the rest of my speckled in dirt. I turn away, I don't like the way I look, but I need to check to see if I'm still alive. To see if I have to live another agonizing day of ignoring stomach pain and hiding in whatever empty bins I can find.

I yawn and curl up in a corner, covering myself in discarded cardboard. It's chilly but still not the bitterest of november evenings. The wind begins to howl, tossing my cardboard blanket about. The cold nipping at my back and freezing my numb feet. I have a feeling, with this may be my last winter. Sleep comes somewhat easily, since I can't remember anything, I don't know who to miss, so I may focus on important things; like staying warm.

~

The morning is bright, though it is cloudy. Hugging my shoulders, I decide it's time to find a place more shielding from the wind. I gather up the few belongings I've managed to keep with me, a handkerchief and a silver ring on a chain. The ring is important to me for reasons I don't quite understand, it doesn't comfort the constant pain in my chest, but it makes me feel half whole. Like I still have a part of my old life.

I remember the first day that I woke up in an alley way, I could still see myself running from the burning building. I remember running with no destination but only the feeling of fear; I remember feeling something hit the back of my head before I passed out in the alley. I remember half opening my eyes later on, with exhaustion and seeing the ring in my hand, before closing my eyes once more. That day had been terrifying, for it was beginning of the emptiness that had settled in. From then on I spent days hiding in the trees in the parks during the day and looking for food after sunset.

I make my way between the buildings, squeezing my way through any small spaces I can manage. The atmosphere becoming brighter as the day goes on. I need a place to hide, I'm not safe around all of these people.

By mid day I find a hiding spot in some dumpsters, that surprisingly don't smell. I stay there for a while till I feel it's safe to come out. Big mistake. I step out of the dumpster to see a gang looking straight at me. Just when I thought I was safe.

"Well, well, well look's like our prey came to us" one says as they circle in on me.

"What should we do, fellas?" The same man says, I'm guessing he's the leader. His deep voice sure makes him the most intimidating.

"My girlfriend refuses to go down on me, I could use a good header." Another says looking me over.

"She won't be as good as So Hyun though" another one says, this man stands out, looking younger than the rest and being the only one with curly hair.

"Get over it, Zelo. That was ancient history" the leader retorts, his grip tightening on me.

"You were the one that scared her away, she loved me" with that the leader drops his grip on me, balling up fists ready to punch Zelo.

"You guys, honestly. It's happened years ago, let it go both of you" a different man says. The leader and Zelo begin to argue again, at which I take the time to slip away. Almost away, I step on a twig and all five turn their heads to me.

"Yongguk, you idiot, you almost let her get away"

"I almost let her get away? You were the one who wouldn't shut up about So Hyun"

The two get at it again, this time getting physical, while the other three males pounce on me. One grips my hair the way Yongguk did and sticks a hand up my dress cupping my crotch. Minimal arousal sparks, I'm mostly scared of the other man in front of me ing his pants.

"Whoa, Jongup, slow down bud we have time"

"Himchan, It's broad day light and I need a release. Let's get this done fast." Jongup says continuing his actions, I really scared now. I'm nowhere near up to hygienic standard and I'm gonna assume none of these guys have protection on them.

Himchan let's go of my hair and follows Jongup's actions, no I can't do two. I scramble away as fast as I can only to be tripped again. Two man who are still un-named to me, come up and start kicking me in the gut. Blood slowly fills my mouth as I hug myself in a ball, enduring the pain. Although it's difficult, being kicked in the stomach multiple times, hurts more than hunger pains.

"HEY WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" I hear a voice shout and suddenly the kicking stops. I sit up weakly and see a man with brown hair standing at the mouth of the alley. Jongup and Himchan quickly waddle away, their pants at their ankles so did the other two guys.

"What do you want?" Yongguk says confront the boy.

"I want to know why you're hurting this innocent girl"

"She's isn't innocent" Yongguk lies, I manage to prop myself up on my elbows; a line of blood leaking from my lips.

"What has she done?"

"She's slept around"

"I don't believe you, and even if she did, don't you know that you can't hit a girl?" He says moving to me and helping me up.

"Go now, before I call the cops" with that Yongguk and Zelo scramble off behind some buildings. I look up at my savvier, his brown eyes staring back into mine. I then pull myself from his grip, I need to disappear. I step back and shy away behind the dumpster. He follows me.

"Hey, it's okay, I'm not gonna hurt you" I don't believe him, he probably only shooed that gang away so he could have me for himself and then leave me in a worse state. Eventually he pulls me out though, I pull from his grasp again and back away, only to begin clutching my stomach.

"Hey, are you okay? stay with me" I can only shake my head weakly before a wave of exhaustion hits me and I collapse in his arms.