2. Secret Meeting

Electus : Nemesis

The carriage stopped in front of a magnificent mansion built with light brown bricks. Leaves started to turn brown which made a vintage picturesque. While a guard stood in front of the gate with a stoic expression, glancing towards the carriage as a man in dark green robes went out. His robes was swaying as he took each step from the carriage. He was a tall man with pair of dark blue eyes and his hair was so long that tied in a ponytail with a blue ribbon which matched with the color of his eyes.

“Welcome, Mr. Gaynor.” The guard greeted and bowed down. Though, Luke Gaynor only gave his usual glacial smile and waited for the guard to open the gate for him.

The yard was so big that took Luke for almost ten minutes to reach the main manor where a butler in his fifties bowed. He was bald and has puny eyes with apparent wrinkles that appeared on the edge of his eyes.

“Mr. Harker have been waiting for you at the drawing room.” he told him and escorted Luke to the second floor and walked through the long corridor. On the wall hanged the paintings of the Harker’s household with the same large green eyes, messy black hair, sharp face and pointed nose with stoic expression that had become a trademark in the family. Below the painting written the years they had lived in the world. While from the paintings, there was one of the paintings that differentiate itself from the others. It was a painting of a man in his twenties with both black hair and eyes. He has gentle expression and warm hearted eyes. His smile was so tantalizing that everyone who saw him would feel comfortable and pleased. Luke also thought the same when he saw him for the first time. He used to.

Finally they stopped at the end of the corridor where there was a big wooden door. The butler opened it for Luke and as he stood at the threshold, he saw three men lifted their head.

One of them was in his fifties with menacing brown eyes and plump body. He was known as William Stanfield and a member of the Council. Julius Redford, a skinny man with pleasant smile sat next to William. He was in his fourties but he looks older than his actual age because of his tired eyes and constant hari loss. Lastly the man which painted as the last member of the Harker’s family sat at the couch near the fireplace. He was the youngest in the room, but probably the fugle man amongst the four of them. He greeted Luke with a pleasant smile.

“Please sit down, Luke.”

Luke sat at one of the couch beside Julius. All of them remained silent when the butler came back with tray of cakes and made a cup of tea for Luke.

“The wedding was faster than we imagine.” Luke reported as the butler silently closed the door.

“William had told me about it.” replied the man. He took his cup as well and enjoyed the fragrance of the tea.

William smirked at Luke and gave him a triumphant look as he bite a cookie from his plate.

“But I won’t never let the Kafer family wore that royal emblem on their cloak.” said the man.

“They just try to look innocent and never wanted to join the congress. That’s suffocating.” commented Julius.

“From the testament from the King, Jerome Kafer would probably be the Head Ministry and I’m afraid it would be hard for us to move. He was a righteous man and a very stubborn person. Especially as he seems to be very interested in the black market and was in the middle of investigating it. My men had reported that Jerome seems to find a dot leading to us.”

“How about Taylor? Did he change sides again?”

“You know he couldn’t be trusted.”

Luke put his cup down on the table. He glanced towards Jiyoung Harker and instead of being perturbed, he was smiling joviality as if he just received an award.

“Why don’t you let your daughter get married, Luke?”

“My daughter?” Luke was taken aback. Jiyoung Harker was a person of surprises and what Luke could grasp from the situation, it did not end well and it made him jittery.

“Yes. Your daughter. I heard she is a beauty.”

“No. I never consider her to get married this early—“

“What are you talking about? She was in her mid twenties right? It’s a suitable age for marriage by the law. You should consider about it.”

“But—“

“It will be such a waste if a beauty like her marry an ordinary man.”

“Still I don’t think it’s the time for her to get married. She still haven’t mature—“

“Luke.” Jiyoung called his name calmly, still smiling and gave him a cookie. Luke just bewildered and took the cookie from Jiyoung though he never wanted to eat it. “Don’t be such an old-fashioned guy. Give her some freedom and give her some space. She ought to try new things especially in relationship. I bet you would be very happy having your daughter marry into a good family.”

“I agree with Luke. It’s not the proper time for us to talk about his daughter.” William butted in.

But Jiyoung did not respond. He stills busy playing with his brown ribbon tie with a sober expression, like a child pouted on his mom. He scowled his brows and grunted, ignoring the remark by William.

"Oh, c'mon. I will find her a suitable partner."

Luke knew what will happened next.

Jiyoung smiled.

"The Prince seems like a good partner right, Luke?"