Prolog (Departure)

Electus : Nemesis

Knowing it would be the last day being with him, it made Taeyeon felt uneasy. She had been used to Seunggi's existence around her, making fun of her, walking down the street with her, baked her favorite cakes and reading her favorite literatures. Now, sitting on the tree house, a place lingered with his scent and memories of him, Taeyeon grew despondent. How could she forget those beautiful smile that always lighten her day whenever she felt distressed by the numerous practices she needs to accomplished? How could she grew accustomed to her new environment without him? Would she be able to go through her contrition? She wasn't even sure herself.

"Will you miss me?" Taeyeon tucked her hair behind her ears with the playful smile plastered on her face.While Seunggi closed his book and scrutinizing the red sky as if he was thinking really hard. 

"I don't know. You get to enjoy extravagant and royalty. You will be respected by the citizens and you can do anything you want with a single order. With all those abilities will you still miss me? " 

Taeyeon furrowed her brows with annoyance on how dense he was. Knowing herself, it was insurmountable to be rejoiced by such things. As she had no longer care about title ever since she was five when she was told that she would get married into the royal family. For her, it was no blessing, instead a curse she wished to break even it risked her life. Not only it has distanced her from her freedom and the life she want to live. Having to live with pretense and forge smile everyday tire her and being inside the castle seems like a nightmare.

"Perhaps... are you scared?" finally he was able to see beneath her expressions and anxiousness started to show on his face. He too seems restless as he knew how dejected she was and how fate had give her a hard life. He had known her since he was eleven and she was only six years old and the fact that he was actually a maid's son, getting close to her seems ludicrous. It was that one night when Taeyeon hid in the garden instead of attending the ball weeping where he found her. Which of course she had no plan in telling him a single word, though Seunggi did not give up and kept on asking her and then he knew how hard this girl had to go through her life. In her age, she was expected to be different from others, to be mature and well presented in front of the public in order to manage the reputation of the royal family.  Ever since then, Seunggi realized himself wanted to protect her, making her smile and let her laugh as much as she wanted. Because by only doing that he could help her.

"Hey." Seunggi called her and with seriousness on his face, he said, "You won't be alone, believe me. No matter what happen and where ever you are, I will be by your side and protecting you, okay?" 

Taeyeon scoffed, "Don't be ridiculous. How can you even do that? As soon as I get married I have guards and maids around me and I'm sure the royal family won't let you in that easily. You will only wasting your time on me where you should be living your life to the fullest. Since now, you don't have to take care of this spoiled girl anymore." 

She's not spoiled at all, Seunggi thought to himself, but he only smiled. "Am I not that believable?" 

"No, it's not about that."

"Then, let me prove it to you."

Taeyeon was silent when and he took out a necklace with a butterfly pendant from his pocket. She recognized it at instant as it was when they were walking downtown and Tayeon spotted that beautiful necklace in a boutique, but she fail to buy it when the sky had getting darker and she need to reach home. She knew it very well the price was very burdensome for people like Seunggi, but that guy still willingly to buy it for her made her dazed. 

Seunggi immediately put it on her where she could felt his breath on her neck that made her heart skipped. 

“It’s a prove of my promise” Seunggi smiled when he saw how the necklace perfectly placed on her pale skin.

Taeyeon touched the necklace and smiled when suddenly Seunggi was quite.

“Crap. My mother was calling for you.” Seunggi hurriedly put all the books into the cupboard and he helped Taeyeon to climb down the stairs. They went their separate ways as soon as they reached the mansion where Taeyeon went to her room and Mrs. Lee came had prepared a bath for her and prepared her dress. The dress was a beige and silk dress worn by her late mother when her mother met her father's family. She could imagine her mother as she looked into the mirror as she looked almost the same as her mother. Especially when she made her hair into a bun.

There was a sound of a knock, “Can I come in?”

“Sure.”

The door creaked open and her father came in with his uniform of blue cloak with Gurgoun’s emblem with the head of lion and the body of fish and two swords intercepts creating an X pinned on his chest. Her father was a man in his forties with light brown hair and enchanting blue eyes which filled with warmth and dingity.

For a moment, he was wonder struck by the sight of his own daughter beautifully dressed and when she did her hair up, she did look exactly like her mother which made him felt his wife's existence within the room.

“You look so beautiful, Taeyeon. Your mother will be proud when she sees her daughter is getting married."

Taeyeon smiled especially when her father helped her with her hair. Those small acts would be missed by her dearly and thinking back about her and her father had dampened her eyes.

Her father said nothing and hugged his beloved daughter tightly, letting her cry as much as she wants because he knew that the moment she entered the castle, she was no longer able to do that. 

"I love you." he whispered and wiped the tears from her face. With a proud smile, he was ready to send his only daughter to face the reality.