Wreck

My heart-wrecking buddy

Heejin walked down the street while once in a while kicked an empty soda can or even step on a cat tail in front of her that catch her eyes. She pursed her lips into thin line and gritted her teeth. I’m so going to kill him. Her butts felt numb for sitting all day in the library waiting for Jungkook who never come. It’s the fourth time something like this happened. Jungkook made the appointment, Heejin said yes, she’s waiting for him, he never come. It has been like this for the last three months.

Heejin walk in to the living room, greeted by her mom with teary eyes, no she’s crying not because she’s worried why Heejin came home so late, she’s crying because Hyun Bin was about to sacrifice his life for the girl he love (Secret Garden, Heejin’s mom favorite drama ever). Heejin rolled her eyes and went to the kitchen to grab a carton of juice and a frozen pizza (too lazy to warm it in the microwave) and climbed up the stairs to her room. She threw her backpack somewhere in the room, put the frozen foods in her bedside table, stripped her school uniform and changed into her pajamas (again, too lazy to shower).

She’s about to take a bite of the frozen pizza when her phone rang, was the ID of the caller, a.k.a Jungkook. She touched the green button, turn on the speaker and put it on the bed before continue to take a bite of her frozen pepperoni pizza.

“Heyyyy” Jungkook sang annoyingly, “watchu doin’?”

“I’m eating a frozen pizza in my room” Heejin said in sarcastic tone but Jungkook take it as a joke and his laugh was filling the quiet atmosphere at every corner of her room.

“Man you’re killing me” I wish I can actually do that Heejin rolled her eyes and drink her juice.

“Hey do you know what I am doing today?” locked yourself in the bathroom? “Subin took me to meet her parents” Heejin puke out the juice that already in , “hey are you okay?” Jungkook asked in worried as he can hear she’s choking so badly like someone just strangle her.

“!” Heejin cursed because the orange liquid of her orange juice was all over her bed now and also because of what is wrong with the world Subin take Jungkook to meet her parents? They just dating for three months, it’s not like their getting married, are they?

“Are you okay?” Jungkook asked again as all he can hear was Heejin cursed and swearing.

Heejin want to scream a loud and long no but being as stupid as she was she said, “Yeah, yeah, I’m okay”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah I’m fine

Then she cut the line. That’s it! Jungkook is completely a jerk and Heejin hates him. She hates him so much that she want to cry when Jungkook called her just because to say he met Subin’s parents and not to apologize after he make her wait for him in the library for twelve hour, half of the day, and he never come.

Ten years of their friendship seems not important for Jungkook anymore after three months he’s dating that short girl from art class, Kyung Subin. Okay that girl is maybe short but she’s pretty cute and bubbly, it’s like she have this virus that spread to everyone around her. She can’t stay still and always move around, goofing around. She’s like another copy of Jungkook but in another gender. That’s why Jungkook and Subin can get along really fast and dating in the really short of time after they met.

In the other hand, Heejin is like the opposite of Subin, if Subin always make anyone laugh, Heejin always make anyone cry and terrified. She likes to joke and pull a prank in a creepy way. Jungkook is her victim, Jungkook already know every trick Heejin have, and if he get a prank from her, he just ignore it because he’s too lazy and bored to even react.

 

***

 

Heejin’s parents and Jungkook’s parents are best friend since high school, that’s why now Heejin and Jungkook are best friend too. The first time they met was the moment they’re going to treasure forever. It was when the Jeon family decided to visit the Jung family residence, the six-years-old Heejin and six-years-old Jungkook was sit still in their spot when their parents make them sit beside each other, admiring how cute they look together. That’s not long after the both parents leaved them in the sand box in the backyard. Not even after one minute they leave, they heard Jungkook cried because Heejin take a cat poop she found in the sand box and threw it at Jungkook face. Jungkook cry because he’s shocked, he cry because the cat poop stink and he cry because a slight of cat poop made a contact with his tongue.

Jungkook still brought that sometimes when he arguing with Heejin, Jungkook blame her, Heejin just shrugged and blame Jungkook back, he’s not going to taste the cat poop if he’s not crying with mouth wide open. That’s when Jungkook have the strongest argue to kill people.

But that cat-poop accident made them close. Its might be crazy but Jungkook likes when Heejin pull a prank on him, and Heejin mesmerize by Jungkook crying when she threw the cat poop on his face and she want to see he’s crying again so she can apologize and give him a chocolate nor candy before she hug him.

 

***

 

Heejin groaned in annoyance as she pulled off her bed sheet and changed it with another one she found on her closet. She threw herself back in the bed and reached out for her phone. When she felt annoyed she pranks people. Her finger wondering all her contact list and stop at the caller ID Tae oppa. Without hesitated she pressed call.

“Wussup mushroom?” the guy beamed from the other line in excitement but Heejin let out a soft sobs in return, “hey are you okay? Are you crying? What’s going on?” Taehyung grew worried and panicked just because he heard Heejin soft sobs yet he didn’t know that it’s faked.

“Oppa” Heejin sobs louder, “I’m pregnant”

“WHAT!?” Taehyung yelled following by cursing and anykind of animal names then the sounds of he walked, grab something (maybe he grabbed his jacket), and something again (his motorcycle key) until something was fall down on the floor (Heejin really sure it was a lamp), and a door slammed shut, “where are you?” Taehyung gritted his teeth as he tightened his hold on his phone beside his ear.

Heejin tried to bit back her laughter and said in the very low tone so she can seems like she’s scared, “home”

“Wait for me outside! I’m coming there!” with that Taehyung cut the line and Heejin laughing her off while rolling over her bed.

 

***

 

Being as lazy as Heejin she’s decide just to wear a jacket and waiting for Taehyung in front of her house, sitting in the steps while her hand in her chin. When she heard Taehyung motorcycle near and then stop in front of her house she put on an act, sobbing lightly.

Taehyung stomped toward her and put his hand on his waist, standing in front of her, some kind of super hero pose when they just save a living soul “can you repeat what you just said in phone earlier?”

“Which one?” Heejin stopped her fake sobs and look up to Taehyung innocently.

“The one that you said…” Taehyung stop at the mid sentence and narrowed his eyes at her, “it’s a prank call, isn’t it?” Heejin shrugged and Taehyung groaned in annoyance, “oh my god! I can’t believe I fell for it, again!” Taehyung pinch her cheeks and shake it slightly, “you are so annoying”

“I know” they laughed hysterically and Taehyung sit beside her. Heejin know Taehyung from her brother, Daehyun, who now is still in his school trip in London. Taehyung is also like a brother for her. He always stands up for her, even when she’s arguing with Daehyun and he’s the one who always be there for Heejin, where Jungkook used to be. Taehyung is Jungkook replacement. Heejin shake her head, Taehyung is not a replacement, not for Jungkook or even Daehyun. He’s a nice friend, a good brother.

“So what did Jungkook do this time?” it took five second for Heejin to process the question, she tilted her head and look at Taehyung who look back at her. Did Taehyung also feel that he’s just a replacement here?

“Nothing” she lie, “I just want to see you” not a lie. She really is wanted to see him.

“Really?” Taehyung seems surprised and bit his lower lip to suppressed his smile, “you know…” he look away because he can’t hold the smile any longer, “you can call me whenever you want and don’t need a prank call because I definitely will come, just say it”

Heejin hesitated and played with her finger in her lap before she finally said it, “I want to see you” Taehyung smile getting wider.

 

***

 

Heejin just closed her locker door and Jungkook pouty face was behind it. She mentally slapped herself with a brick before decided to ignore him and walked away, but well it’s Jungkook. He’s a rock-headed kid and he held her hand to stop her track.

“You hang up on me last night” Jungkook still pout and held her hand tightly.

“So?” Heejin gave him her blank face, “you made me wait in the library for half of the day!” her tone getting higher. She slapped his hand away when she saw Subin walking toward them. Subin smiled at her before she gave Jungkook a peck in the cheek.

“Subin” Jungkook whined at his girlfriend, “Heejin mad at me” Heejin rolled her eyes in annoyance.

“Stop being such baby Jungkook!” she snapped and walked away but the couple was tailing her. When they reach the gate Heejin was really glad to found Taehyung, leaning on his motorcycle and waving at her. She run at him and unknowingly hugged him, it’s between of her reflex or just because she’s really thankful to found Taehyung here so he can help her get away from the couple, “what are you doing here? I’m not saying I want to see you” she paused before continued in a low tone, “yet”

Taehyung chuckled and ruffled her hair, “you’re not the one who can say ‘I wan to see you’ whenever you want” he cupped her face and his thumb on her cheek, “what about me? I want to see you”

Heejin only blink. She didn’t how to react with that, she felt like the world stop spinning.

“Hyung” Jungkook interrupted and stand in between Taehyung and Heejin, “what are you doing here?” Jungkook and Taehyung met once in a while but Heejin never think they’re close, they just know each other because of Heejin.

“I just want to pick her up” he pinched Heejin cheek lightly but Heejin glare at him in return. It seems Taehyung love her cheeks so much that he can’t past a day without touching it.

“Why?” Jungkook narrowed his eyes at Taehyung.

Taehyung raised a brow and slipped his hand on Heejin waist, “is it wrong to pick up my girlfriend?”

Heejin eyes widened and so did Jungkook. But Subin who seems left out earlier beamed in excitement, “you guys are dating? Woah congratulation!” Taehyung scratch the back of his head awkwardly while Heejin still froze in her spot, eyes widened, “you are so lucky Heejin-ah” Subin shake her hand lightly and Heejin smile awkwardly, her tongue felt numb that she can’t even say a word.

Felt like just got hit with a truck, Heejin know what Taehyung trying to do, he play a game to get her back after she prank call him last night. And Heejin will also play along, “yeah” she look up at Taehyung with a loving smile, “boyfriend, let’s go get an ice cream”

Taehyung smirked and touched her nose lightly, “good idea, girlfriend”

“See ya later Kookie” Heejin smiled at Jungkook when she walked past him to Taehyung motorcycle.

Taehyung get on his motorcycle and wear his helmet then he also gave Heejin another helmet before she get on his motorcycle and hugged his waist before he drove off.

Five minutes riding and Taehyung parked his motorcycle in one of the ice cream shop.

“Wait we’re actually going to eat ice cream?” Heejin ask in disbelief as she took of her helmet.

“I don’t like to lie” Taehyung shrugged and lead Heejin to enter the shop.

“You already lied” Heejin hit his chest lightly when he opened the door for her.

“Which one?” Taehyung pulled one of the chair and help Heejin in.

“The boyfriend-girlfriend-thingy! That’s a lie!” Heejin threw the napkin in the table to him.

“That was a lie? Ouch” Taehyung put his hand on his chest and pretending like his heart was broken, or another internal organ inside his body.

Like sync, they laugh hysterically when the waiter came.

 

***

 

Sunday morning. Heejin parents went out for their Sunday routine (play bowling with Jungkook’s parents). So she’s alone in the house and she’s free to wondering around the house with only on her underwear and just wearing an oversized T-shirt. She made a big bowl of mashed potato and slumped on the sofa watching a music chart for this weekend. The third chart was being announced when the bell house rang. Heejin groaned and dragged her feet to open the door.

“Hey” Jungkook waved and walked in past Heejin. She narrowed her eyes at him as she shut the door. Jungkook jumped on the sofa. He took Heejin bowl and started eating the mashed potato. Heejin watched in disbelief when she saw Jungkook changed the channel and took off his socks like he’s in his own house.

“Yah Jeon Jungkook, what the hell are you doing?” Heejin snapped as she crossed her hands.

“Eat”

“No I mean here, what are you doing here?” Heejin grew impatient as she saw Jungkook face went blank and then he came to realization as he answered casually, “Our parents went to play bowling and we hangout all day long in Sunday, isn’t that our routine?”

 Heejin rolled her eyes and scoffed, “yeah we don’t do that anymore since three months ago” Heejin snatch the remote and changed back the channel to the music chart she watched earlier.

Jungkook stopped eating as he tilted his head to look at Heejin who sitting beside him with her head banging lightly following the rhythm of the song. Her lips mumbled the lyrics and her feet stomped to the carpet lightly. Sometimes her finger also moving along, following the rhythm of the song as it was her favorite song. Man! Jungkook miss Heejin so bad!

“Don’t stare at me like that!” Heejin snapped as she also took the bowl from Jungkook lap and eat the mashed potato loudly.

Jungkook look away as he felt embarrassed that he caught in the act. He sighed loudly, threw his head back and closed his eyes, “Heejin-ah mianhee” Heejin look at Jungkook with still the spoon inside , “what happened to us?” Jungkook smile pathetically, staring at the ground.

After Jungkook parents went out to play bowling which mean Heejin parents was already went out too. He went to Heejin house. Sometime he found her still sleeping on her bed and he have to wake her up or he found her already eat unhealthy breakfast such a frozen food while watching music show.

They can stay inside the house all day, play any board game they have since they were little or watching Spirited Away for only-God-knows how many time already. Sometime Heejin would make a prank call to their teachers or neighbor and they will end up laughing their off because of the person they’re calling will practically frustrated.

But now, every Sunday Jungkook will always go out with Subin. He never called or checked on Heejin even just for once. He knew, he realized that he always broke his promises multiple times but he though Heejin will understand. In fact now she have… boyfriend.

“Are you and Taehyung hyung really dating?” Heejin dropped her spoon from in shocked, “Heejin?”

“Yeah, why?” she answer casually and pick her spoon from the floor, she use it to eat the mashed potato again and not even bother to wash it.

“Well don’t” Heejin dropped her spoon again when she heard Jungkook sharp tone.

“What do you mean don’t?” she frowned in confusion as she glared at Jungkook.

“He’s way too old for you and he’s your brother best friend, how can you even date him?”

“He’s not way too older for me” she mimicked his tone and continued sarcastically, “and my brother okay with it” she’s not exactly sure how will her brother react if Taehyung and her really dating, it wouldn’t be scary, right? “And who are you telling me what to do? I said nothing about your stupid relationship with stupid Subin so don’t bother with mine!”

“My relationship is not stupid and so is Subin, I’m just saying what best for you, if you want to date at least date a right guy”

“What is that suppose to mean? Are you saying Tae oppa is not good enough, even for me?” she stand from her sit so is Jungkook, “well I tell you this mister, Subin is also not good enough even for you, she’s like a walking dwarf who like to splat a colorful liquid in everywhere, her giggling is so annoying that make my eardrum bleed, and I want to ripper her face everytime she fake a smile”

“Look who’s talking? You think you’re so perfect are you? You’re just jealous because you at painting when she’s good at, people love her because she’s funny and she doesn’t like to pull a prank on everyone!”

Heejin heart tore apart with what she just heard. Jungkook know how she hate when people compare her to someone else, she can’t believe Jungkook compare her with Subin. She knew she’s not perfect, she’s so mean sometimes and like to pull a prank on everyone but it’s just for fun! She thought Jungkook will understand why she like to pranks people, she thought he’s the only one who would understand her, even more than she do, but she’s wrong. She decided to hide her hurt face and hold her tears. She put on furious face, “well Taehyung then a perfect guy for me! He never whined over every little thing I do, he never break his promise, he always be there for me when I need him and he never shut me out from his life just for a girl he just met for three months!”

Jungkook eyes darker, he’s hurt, he offended, he can’t believe Heejin said that. He thought Heejin would understand about his relationship with Subin, he thought Heejin would support him, but no she’s not, he was wrong.

Jungkook was about to get her back when he heard a soft sobs (this time a real one) and a tear rolling down on her cheek. He maybe would not realize it because Heejin wiped it away as fast as the lightning.

“Do you know what the stupid part is? That I lost my best friend who now never ever once call me or spent his time with me!”

Jungkook softened, he reached his hand out but Heejin slapped it away, she sighed and pointed her finger to the front door, “Get out”

“But…”

“Get. Out!”

“Heejin, I…”

“GET OUT!”

Heejin pushed him to the door, she open it and pushed him out before shut it and locked it. She rushed to her room and dialed Taehyung number right away.

 

***

 

Jungkook was still waiting outside Heejin house, hoping maybe Heejin will open the door and apologize then she let him in, give him the chance to explain everything. But it was just a wishful thinking. He hurriedly hide behind the bushes when he saw Taehyung on his motorcycle approaching. Taehyung parked his motorcycle before half-running to the house, he pressed the bell and it only took five seconds for Heejin to open the door. To the surprise Heejin threw herself at him at the second she opened the door. Jungkook look in disbelief, Heejin face was somehow red. He doesn’t know if it’s because she still mad or she’s crying. Jungkook scoffed, yeah right, Heejin and cry are never in the same sentence. But the way Heejin's shoulder shakes lightly and Taehyung hugged her tightly while caressed her hair it seems like she’s crying. Without broking the hug Taehyung lead her inside and closed the door.

Jungkook stand still at his spot, staring at Heejin’s closed front door. A slight pain spread from his heart, a pain he didn’t understand. For the very first time he and Heejin had a fight (the serious one) and Heejin called another guy who came immediately like a flash of the light. He always be there for me when I need him. For the very first time he saw Heejin cry. If she’s really crying she supposed to lean on him and not that guy. I lost my best friend who now never ever once call me or spent his time with me

She hugged a guy who’s not him. She cried with a guy who’s not him. She cried because of him.

 

***

 

Jungkook was really sure Heejin is really good at avoiding people, she’s an expert at it. When he tried to talk to her in the class she smoothly escaped so other people will not suspicious. She ignored all his call and messages. And every single day Jungkook will always see Taehyung waiting for Heejin with his cool motorcycle. Jungkook tried to call her home phone but her mom will always said she’s not home yet or she’s sleeping. When he tried to come to her house she will practically called Taehyung to pick her up and then leaved Jungkook dumbfounded.

Jungkook was hopeless. He wants to talk to Heejin so badly. He wants to break down on his knees and apologize to her for being so dumb all along. He wants to hold her hand again and spent more time with her. But he can’t. He’s too late. He lost her.

 

***

 

Heejin was typing a text to Taehyung while she’s walking in the hallway before a hand pulled her arm from aside. She was crashed on someone’s body before the hand that pulled her was locking the door.

“JUNGKOOK! WHAT THE HELL!” Heejin yelled and pushed away Jungkook from her hardly. Because of the room were small Jungkook hit his back to the wall and accidently kick some bottle of cleaning fluid.

“YA! WHY YOU ALWAYS TRYING TO HARM ME!” Jungkook yelled back after trying to keep his balance to not fall down.

“YOU HARM ME MORE JUNGKOOK!” that words made Jungkook stay silent, he didn’t know what exactly she mean by that but he hope it’s not like what he think. Heejin sighed loudly almost seems frustrated, “look, you can’t just pull me to the janitor’s closet like this”

“But you won’t talk to me for weeks” Jungkook unknowingly pouted and looking at Heejin with big sparkling eyes. Heejin rolled her eyes and turned around to open the door but Jungkook hold her shoulders tightly and turned her around in a smooth spin. There’s barely space between them as they were staring at each other eyes, trying to found one another deepest secret, trying to read one another mind, dying to know how’s each other feeling.

Heejin eyes widened when she felt Jungkook soft lips landed on her. He pressed his lips against her before kiss her passionately. Jungkook squeeze her waist lightly when she found her hand to his chest. He expected she will kiss him back but no, Heejin pushed Jungkook away, slowly, not as hard as she did before. She looking straight to the ground, she felt difficult to breathe, her hands that on his chest squeeze his shirt tightly until its crumpled.

“Why did you do that?” Heejin said in low tone that Jungkook barely can hear, she look up, her eyes were red and full of tears, but the tears was like stuck and not even fall down, “WHAT THE ARE YOU DOING?! WHAT HAVE YOU JUST DONE?!”

“Heejin…”

“NO!! THAT WAS WRONG!!!! WHY DID YOU DO THAT!? WHY?!?!?!” Heejin started to hit his chest over and over again until Jungkook catch her hands and pull her into his tight embrace.

“I love you, Heejin” Jungkook whisper as he tightened his hugged.

“NO! You don’t! You love Subin! You don’t love me! Let me go!” Heejin felt like she’s getting weak. She slipped down from his embrace and her tears that she hold so badly was already streaming down. She broke on the ground and crying out loud. She’s crying with mouth wide open and snot running down, her face getting red and her sobs getting louder. Jungkook brought down on his knees and cupped her face, even though Jungkook did that Heejin not calming down, she’s still crying like a kid who just lost her toy. She doesn’t even care if she looked so ugly while crying, because that’s the reason why she never cried. She looked ugly when she cried.

 

***

 

Tahyung was focusing on his laptop while Heejin keep rolling over beside him. Taehyung small flat was somehow made Heejin felt so comfortable. His scent was everywhere and in every corner of the room was full of Taehyung style. Instead of buying a bed Taehyung bought a huge thick yet soft mattress. He’s in the very edge of it while leaning against the wall, legs straightened, laptop in his lap and Heejin were rolling down everywhere to find a comfortable position to watch the TV that broadcasting her favorite music show.

Heejin sighed when the show changed to a commercial, she looked at Taehyung who look really serious typing on his laptop. She blew her bangs and rolling down until she’s beside him, she put her head in his legs.

“Oppa” she drew an outline following the half-eaten apple logo behind his laptop screen. Taehyung only response with random hummed as Heejin unknowingly pouted. She hates when someone ignored her. “What are you doing?”

“I’m working”

“Is it done yet?”

“Nope”

“When will it done?”

“I’m still far from that”

“I’m bored”

“So?”

“Play with me”

“I’m busy”

“I’m hungry”

“You just ate a bucket of french fries”

“I hate you”

No response.

“Don’t ignore me!”

Still no response.

“Oppa!”

Taehyung suddenly closed his laptop hardly and Heejin swear her soul almost flew out from her body because of shock. He stared at her intently. Heejin gulped slowly suddenly feeling nervous, she can’t read his expression, she afraid if he’s mad because she was interfere him.

She chuckled nervously, “hehe, err oppa, sawry, you can go back to work now” she brought up her head from Taehyung legs and about to stand up and step out from the mattress but Taehyung hold her hand and make her fall on his lap. Her legs were spread between his, she instantly hold on his shoulder while Taehyung make everything more awkward for her with hugging her waist tightly and brought her closer to him.

“O-oppa what-t arrre you-u doing?” she realize how her voice cracked and how stiff her body is.

“You said you want to play with me” Taehyung smile innocently as he drew an invisible circle on her hack in slow motion, sending shiver all over her body.

She tried to control her nervousness with rolling her eyes and blew her bangs, “no it’s okay, you can back to whatever you working at--------“

 “You said you hate me” he cut her off, his innocent smile was disappeared replaced with serious face.

“What?”

“You just said you hate me”

“Well------“

“Take that back!” Taehyung ordered, looking so serious as . Heejin can’t help but laugh. She’s not really serious about that. She didn’t really mean that but it seems Taehyung take that too seriously.

“Oppa, I----“ she didn’t realize that Taehyung hands that suppose to be in her waist was already in her neck, she’s too busy laughing and didn’t realize that Taehyung was stare at her lips all along until she felt his lips on her. Her eyes widened but soon softened and she completely close her eyes when Taehyung brought her more closer to him than he already did to depend the kiss. The kiss was soft and sweet, full of sincere and little insecurity from Taehyung. He’s afraid that Heejin will reject him or the worst mad at him but his insecurity was all gone when he felt her lips move along with him. Their lips were moving together in rhythm, together, no tongue included, just tasting how sweet each other are.

They stopped when they both felt like out of breathe but they don’t back away that far. Heejin put her forehead against him, their nose brush against each other, their lips barely touch.

“Heejin” Taehyung lips brushed against hers and she can feel his hot breath hitting her skin, “be my girlfriend? For real this time and not just to make your best friend jealous”

 

***

 

Heejin leaned her head on Jungkook shoulder as their straightened legs were stacked against each other. Jungkook held her hand tightly and not even once letting it go even though now Heejin already stop crying.

Heejin sighed and brought her head up as she pulled her hand from Jungkook gripped, “we should get back”

“Heejin…”

“Jungkook stop it!” Heejin glare at him, “you love Subin, right?”

“Yeah but----“

“So you don’t love me”

“That’s not true, I----“

“You don’t love me and that’s final!”

“Stop cutting me off and listen to me!”

“No you listen to me!” Heejin brought her hand to her messy hair as she close her eyes, trying to calm her nerve, “if you really love me it’s not the kind of love you give to Subin. Its different type of love” she sighed and stare at Jungkook intently, “you love me as your best friend or maybe sister and that’s it. I realize it when I try to avoiding you” she lean her head to the wall and stare at the ceiling, she can’t dare herself to look at Jungkook when she say this, “we were always together since we were little, and when we separate we always feel like something missing, something that suppose to be always with us, we want that something to always be with us in every way possible, that’s what we meant for each other Jungkook, we were so close that we felt like we can’t be afar from each other, and that’s it. That’s our feeling”

“Do you also feel that way?” Jungkook asked hesitantly, even though her explanation was really make sense he’s not yet want to accept it.

“Yes” she rubbed her palms against each other as she continued, “that’s what I feel when I’m with Tae oppa, he’s my boyfriend yet I want to see you and be with you but not in romantic way just as a best friend or brother. I know you feel like that too, you love Subin more than anything but you can’t help the fact that you want to be with me too. Jungkook, maybe you love me but not in that kind of way because if in that case I love you too”

Jungkook laugh pathetically, “So you mean we’re like siblings?”

“Yes, we’re so comfortable with each other but it’s not love, note that, because we also can love someone else in this kind of state so our love is not in that kind of way, we-----“

“Okay okay I get it! Don’t need to say it over and over again” Jungkook stand from his sit and look down at Heejin, “we can’t be together. Okay I get it!”

Heejin smile and also stand from her sit, “but” Jungkook continue, “We still best friend, right?” Heejin nodded and Jungkook smile along when she said, “forever”

 

***

 

Jungkook and Heejin declare that they’re still best friend but deep down in each other heart it’s not what they want. Jungkook shouldn’t listen at Heejin’s complicated explanation because since that they were never had chance to make everything back like they use to be. They never do their Sunday routine activities anymore because they found it too awkward. When they walked past in the hallway they just pull a small smile or wave lightly. Not what best friend always do not even close friend, they almost barely like stranger. They’re not talk about everything like they used to, they just talk about weather, school problems and school hottest gossip. They try to avoid sensitive topic about their feelings because they both know exactly that they regret what they had agree.

Jungkook regret suggesting about best-friend-thingy and Heejin regret agreeing on it. More far from that they grew distance. Jungkook hated everytime he saw Taehyung waiting for Heejin in front of their school and Heejin would run to him and practically jumped on him. Heejin hated everytime she saw Jungkook and Subin walking side to side, hand in hand, smile to each other, laugh with one another, looking at each other so lovely. Their hate grew bigger and saddest when they think it again. Why such beautiful friendships turn out to be like this? Why they can’t just end up together like every love story in movie or novel? They can’t forever be like this. Their unhappiness is past its limit. And they decided to walk to their own path, without even once neither looking back nor looking at each other.