xvix. A Giant Turtle

The Tale Keeper: Last Romeo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

xvix. A Giant Turtle

 

Sunggyu and Sungyeol arrived in the town on time. The repairing for Sky Blade and the other nine ship wars were faster than planned, it only took three and half months. The carpenters of that town were really reliable, not just the mayor's humorous applesauce.

 

Their bruises and swells, the aftermath from the incident in the Adam Alp's slope, were already long gone when Sunggyu and Sungyeol met their fellow soldiers and sailors again. So they wouldn't be too bothered by nosy crew members. Sungyeol only gave short answer, It was just so-so, when one or two soldiers asked him about the mountain top. It made the soldiers become reluctant to ask further, staring curiously at him yet hesitant. How could the first place where the first man set foot in the world unremarkable? The place where the gods stay according to the local belief was unexciting? Just like other mountain peaks? Well, who knows…

 

Eagle Eye let out a hearty laugh when he saw them, patting their shoulders. "You look manlier and tanner now, Crying Sailor! Almost as bronze as Sungyeol!"

 

Sunggyu and Sungyeol grinned. Laughing along.

 

Admiral Lee Howon was still struggling with the ancient maps and old transcription, but he looked happy when met Sunggyu again after three and half months. Asking how it was going. Sunggyu nodded, everything was fine.

 

Two days later, all preparations have been completed. Armada of Floating City was not only being recovered just like it was, but also more dashing with fretworks engraved on their decks, work of the carpenters of that town. The number of soldiers met the need again. Now their colors, origins, physics, languages, and religions got more vary, but it never bothered them, instead it brought advantages because they could learn many things from each others.

 

Sungyeol translocated his scratches of counting the days in the Sky Blade's wall to their new cabin. The room was bigger and more spacious. The window was also wider. A cabin for platoon leader. Sungyeol started with new scratch after wrote one year, six months and fourteen days beside it. Sunggyu just looked at him. He didn't feel the need to make his own note, he only had to look at Sungyeol's record. They were always together anyway.

 

This had been a really long journey…

 

 

--

 

 

They sailed smoothly for the next four months. Now the armada of forty ships could last longer in the sea without having to dock to the nearest town to add wheat grains and fresh water supplies. The mayor of the town in the tip of the southern continent had gave them six giant fishing nets, along with sea water purifiers tool.

 

So, within a certain time, Admiral Lee Howon would brought his armada to a stand and casted the nets, also purified the sea water. It helped much to fulfill their logistics. Now they had dining options in addition to bread wheat, bread wheat and bread wheat.

 

Sunggyu didn't talk much about the Tale Keeper with Admiral Lee Howon anymore. They were too busy with their own tasks. Moreover the admiral had another new rolls of parchments to be studied from the previous town. Everyday and every nights Admiral Lee Howon be lost analyzing them in his office. Sunggyu was reluctant to interfere.

 

That day, just like any typical day, Armada of Floating CIty settled their anchor down in the middle of the vast ocean. The sea rippled peacefully. The blue sky was clear from clouds. The wind blew gently. What a nice day to catch fishes.

 

Six gigantic fishing nets casted from five logistics ships and Sky Blade. Sunggyu and Sungyeol led the fish hunt in Sky Blade, busy yelling at their crews as they threw the nets to the water. The nets was so big, to hold each of them they needed almost twenty people and four ships at once. Just like usual, they left the nets in the water long enough before then pulled them up. The armada of forty ships moved steadily to trapped the fishes down there. When it was time, Sunggyu and Sungyeol gave a cue for their crews in Sky Blade and in the other three ships their tandem to draw the net.

 

But, what a strange haps.

 

From six fishing nets, not even one caught a fish! All the crews stunned, looking at each other with open jaw. They couldn't understand, for months they always caught great amount of fishes that enough to feed them for seven days. Sunggyu and Sungyeol yelled at their crew, ordering them to cast the gigantic nets again. They left them for a moment, then drew them up. Yet, once again they got nothing! Not even one ugly, smelly, tiny fish caught by them. How could they be in such bad luck? Sunggyu and Sungyeol tried for another time, drew the nets again. Still nothing. Restrained yells --and cries of fear-- filled the armada of forty ships. How could there were no single fish down there?

 

When for the sixth times the net casted, finally the gigantic nets controlled by Sunggyu and Sungyeol from Sky Blade caught something. But that something was not fish, they caught a giant turtle.

 

The turtle was really huge, The diameter of his shell was about six meters, and it was as tall as the soldiers. All the crews gulped. What a weird catch! Together they hauled the turtle to Sky Blade's deck, crowding around, wanting to see it. Somewhat afraid to get closer, they never saw a turtle as big as this one. The giant turtle gave no reaction. Staying still. Then at a slow pace retracted its head inside its shell, as if it was shy with all the attention. One of the nosy crew poked at the shell, wanting it to stick out its head again.

 

"O, please don't do that." A voice full with authority heard. Every one turned, stepping aside, giving way. Admiral Lee Howon approached the crowd. The soldier who was poking the turtle gulped, afraid.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter