Letter #1: The Sun

My Old Story

♦ Letter 1

 


 

He staggered into the room, the stench of alcohol lingering around him. He had been patient, he had tried to be understanding, but this was too much.

Everywhere he went, everyone he saw, reminded him of her.

 

Her: his lover.

Her: his angel.

Her: his life.

 

He tried to let go- but he couldn’t. How dare she affect his mind and heart this much?

The man with the loose and crooked tie slumped onto the floor of his room- their room. Her French vanilla scent was still present, making him clench his jaw to suppress his feelings.

 

He scrambled onto his feet, only to pause seconds later as his eyes fell upon the foreign box sitting on top of the bed.

 

To My Lover

 

The white, crisp, and square piece of card was placed upon the top. Even though the alcohol had begun to take control of his system, the man was still conscious of his own doings.

Taking slow and careful steps, as if the land beneath him would crumble and disappear along with the box if he wasn’t cautious, the man’s eyes were glaring at the oh-so-familiar handwriting.

 

“Sekyung…” he whispered hoarsely. That name brought so much pain and warmth; it was crazy how he hadn’t crumble from the emotions.

With trembling hands, he reached out and within seconds (which to him, seemed like hours) the lid was placed aside.

He gulped the lump that had somehow formed inside his throat, as he peered inside the box.

 

Polaroid pictures, a ring, and piles of papers.

Letters.

 

Taking one into his hand, he his chapped lips and began to read.

 

April 30th, 2008

My love,

How have you been? I really miss you, but I’m so happy your dreams finally came true! One day, I’ll definitely be there to witness you on stage!

I decided to write you a letter since, well.. I just felt like it. You know, one of my weird cravings. Haha. And today is a special day.

Do you remember this day 2 years ago? It was 2 days after my birthday when you confessed.

 

Did you know how ecstatic I was? Did you feel the way I did? Do you remember the exact scene? I did.

It was a weekend, and finals were over. Since we missed celebrating my birthday, we decided to celebrate that day.

You have no idea how long it took me to come up with my outfit- I wanted to please you.

 

In the end, I ended up wearing converse, a pair of skinny jeans, and the ‘couple’ or should I say ‘friendship’ shirts we bought. I didn’t expect you to be wearing it, too. Funny, huh?

I was dead worried you wouldn’t find me half as attracting as the other girls. The ones who flaunt of their curves with the mini dresses. Or their long legs while they wear high heels.

 

But I still remember to this day, that one word that made my heart pound so fast I felt as if it was about to rip out of my chest.

 

“You look beautiful.”

 

That was the first time anyone had called me beautiful. It was the first time I really felt beautiful.

 

With bashful smiles, we went to Lotte World. Remember the first time we went here together? With Sehun and Minjung? That was fun.

But this special day was mesmerizing.

How many rides did we go on? This part is pretty hazy to me. Probably more than half of the rides that actually existed there.

We were daring~

 

After sunset, you brought me to our favorite hangout spot: Little Café.

Do you remember, love? That quaint, small, and comfortable cafe where we first met?

There’s so many memories that took place in there. Our first official meeting, our first hangout, and where our confessions took place.

I remember the song that played when you confessed.

 

‘My Lady’.

Till this day, I have no clue whether it was on purpose or simply coincidental. I should ask you when you get back. If I remember that is.

Shall I tell you of the sentence that stuck to me? I’ll tell you.

 

“Han Sekyung, you are my Sun, and I can never live without you. You are essential in my life. So will you do the honors of being mine?”

My sun. I am your sun, and you are mine. I am your earth and you are my moon. We are always there to accompany one another.

 

That was the first time we exchanged ‘I Love You’s’ and they held much deeper meanings than usual. That sentence just got more passionate as years past.

 

Oh, love, Jinah just told me that it’s curfew time. I have to go sleep. I’ll write to you soon.

 

Love,

Sekyung xx

 

The man was left sniffling the tears that were threatening to spill. His eyes sting from holding them back, clutching the paper gently, but tightly.

“My sun…” he whispered softly.

 


 
Author's Note:
 
Hello there lovely people. It is I again. Haha.
Well, the first chapter is up. Feel free to tell me what you think.. I really want to know ._. And subscribing and upvotes are very much loved c; 
Heh.
Um.. I realy have nothing else to say so... bai~