Rejection?

Still Bound

 

"Yah, Baekhyun, where are you rushing to?" Sehun, his partner, asked. He was another intern at the hospital as well. A handsome and popular guy he was, and he was very close to Baekhyun. 

"I'm going to meet my girlfriend," he replied. Every time on either of their birthdays, they would always spend it together. 

"Oh," Sehun said sadly, "What a shame. The director wanted to celebrate your birthday together with the others. She's spending us samgyupsal tonight, can you believe it? It's a once in a lifetime opportunity! She's never usually this nice, plus, she's a real hottie too."

"Haha, I know, Sehun," Baekhyun just laughed it off, "Maybe you'd have a chance with her. But I've already got mine." Yoona.

"Come on, Baek, just this once?" Sehun tried to persuade, before he saw someone coming to their direction. "Ah, nevermind, there she is anyway."

Both of them turned to see the director walking toward them, and respectfully bowed. She was definitely what Sehun described her to be. Beautiful, attractive and absolutely hot, with a nice smile to grab all the boys' attentions. 

"Director Kwon! Wh-why are you here? I thought you were waiting upstairs?" Sehun stuttered, feeling surprised.

"Please, just call me Yuri," the director smirked at Sehun. "Well, I thought I'd personally come down and invite our birthday boy here myself. So, Baekhyun, are you coming, or not? You don't get a golden opportunity like this from me that often"

"Ah, it's okay," Baekhyun shyly replied, "I, uh, I really just.."

Yuri cocked her head, waiting for Baekhyun's reply.

"Just for a while? Please?" She said while pouting.

Baekhyun checked his watch. It wouldn't hurt to just have abit of fun would it? Anyway, he's already had a hectic week, and he's starving. He'll be sure to get back in time to celebrate his birthday with Yoona. So finally, he gave in.

The trio went to a nearby restaurant, and met with Yuri's other colleagues, Jessica and Tiffany. Sehun was excited to be with their sunbaes (someone with a higher position/more experienced) while Baekhyun felt awkward and terribly shy. Soon, Yuri started to get their order, and a sea of food just flooded their table within a minute. All of them were happily enjoying their meal.

"Let's all drink some soju to celebrate Baekhyun's birthday!" Yuri suddenly announced in the midst of their meal. Everyone cheered and took their shots. As Baekhyun drank his, he wondered why the director was being so kind to him. Why did she even bother? She was the director, she probably had alot work to do, alot of places to go, so why would she spend some of that precious time with a simple intern like him?

"Hey, why are you zoning out like that?" Sehun nudged him. 

"Oh, nothing..." he replied

"Guys, let's all take a picture together!" Tiffany suggested and gestured all of them to gather around.

Time was a blur, as they all got wasted - well at least most of them - except for Baekhyun. He just felt this uneasiness to be there. He decided to text Yoona to tell her that he was hanging out with his friends and he'd be home late. But after thinking again, he decided to just go home early. He was afraid if she might get the wrong message and think that he was outside wasting away with another girl or something on his birthday.

As he left the place, he felt someone grabbing his arm. 

"Baekhyun? Are you leaving?" He turned around to see the director.

"Ah.. ne.. What's wrong?" Baekhyun asked.

"Nothing.. Here, this was one of the pictures we took just now. Could you write today's date on it? For me? I want to remember this date." Yuri handed him a small polaroid; a picture of them both taken just now in the restaurant.

Uncertain, Baekhyun just went with it and was about to leave before she called him again.

"...Baekhyun-ah," she reluctantly called.

She took his hand and placed the polaroid in his hand. "You keep this," she said.

Baekhyun was confused. Yuri took a step forward, she looked like she was hesitating to say something. But she finally took a deep breath before looking at him.

"I really like you," she confessed.

Baekhyun stood there rooted to the ground. What did he just hear?

"I-I've liked you since you came to the hospital as an intern. And I've been keeping this in for quite some time now. So.. I like you," she went on, finally looking more confident. "And what about you?"

"I..." Baekhyun faltered. "I..I'm sorry.... But I already have someone. I'm sorry, I wish you the best, director."

He saw as the light in Yuri's eyes faded and immediately turned into disappointment. The excited confidence from her face just being washed away after hearing those words.

Baekhyun walked off, leaving her. He was tired and confused. What was all that about? The director having feelings for him this whole time? He shook his head. It didn't bother him. What did bother him was how he acted in front of the director. Why did he falter like that? Why couldn't he give an immediate "I don't like you" or something? Why did he hold back, for a moment there? Was he uncertain?

"No.. I don't like the director. That's crazy talk.." he thought to himself. He felt something in his palm, and realised it was the polaroid. "Ah.. I'll have to return it to her tomorrow," he decided and tucked it in his coat pocket in the meantime.

He reached his apartment and automatically headed to his bedroom to shower and go to bed. He had a weird night. He just want to go to sleep, and forget what happened. The next day he would apologise to Yoona for not meeting up with her for his birthday. 

But he couldn't stop thinking about the incident that just happened. Did he really reject her..?

 

 


another chap :D so this was just in baekhyun's point of view :) do subscribe and comment~ i want to hear what you guys think about the story so far or what ships you want to come? i dont know lol, just anything^^