Chapter 4: The Wedding

A Silent Affair of the Heart

Chapter 4:

 

 

Jeongmin didn't attend the wedding in the backyard of Sang Chun Estate, he just stood by the back door staring out at the wedding happening out in the field. When the priest asks if anyone protested to the wedding Hara turned her head slightly to the side half hoping half dreading Jeongmin would raise his hand. But when he didn't and walked back into the house Hara felt slightly broken inside.

 

"You may now kiss the bride." Father Choi announced. Hara looked at Donghyun. He was such a sweet guy. He was loving, caring, and never thought of himself before others. Hara couldn't deny that she did in fact love him, but not the way she loved Jeongmin. He made her feel special, but not in the way Jeongmin did. Hara couldn't lie to herself any longer, she had to admit she loved Jeongmin, she always did, and she always will. But that's the reason I must marry Donghyun, because no matter how I feel about Jeongmin, we can't be together, we we were never meant to be together.

 

 

***

 

 

Hara walked back and forth passed the large book selves as she searched for a map. Donghyun was busily packing whilst she was in the library. Hara was about to pick up a stake of books to get a look underneath them when she heard a door creak open then close. "What are you looking for?"

 

"It's none of your business Jeongmin. How many times must I tell you to leave me alone?" Hara turned around. She was dressed in a pretty green cot which matched her hat and dark green shoes.

 

"I know. But I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry, for everything. I was offered a job in London for taking photographs of a magazine and I didn't know what to do, I really wanted to go but I didn't want to have to say goodbye to you, I didn't want to see you cry."

 

"Well congrats to you, you got your wish. Jeongmin after I found out from your mother you were gone I cried because you left without a good bye. But then everyone said you were probably just in a hurry and that you would write to me or call me, but you didn't, after that I cried day after day over you until I realized that it wasn't worth my time." Hara's voice got louder and louder and she spoke.

 

"I wasn't worth your time?" Jeongmin felt angry

 

"Of course you were, you always have been, but when you left I was broken, I had to forget you. And then one day I went on a bike ride to try and clear my mind. That day I ended rolling down a hill; I almost broke my lag, and probably would have if Donghyun wasn't there to ketch me."

 

"So that's what it is then, you used him as rebound over me." Donghyun felt still rather angry but also happy.

 

"No." Hara shook her head, "Jeongmin, Donghyun is my second chance in life, my second chance at happiness."

 

"That's bull. Could you give me one last chance?" Jeongmin took a step forward but Hara just sighed and stepped back, holding a postcard in her hand.

 

"You're too late Jeongmin. You don't understand how things have changed since you've been gone." Jeongmin took the postcard out of Hara's hand.

 

"Le plus bel endroit sur ​​terre, Paris, you still have this?"

 

"It was in my desk drawer." Hara then turned back to the stake of books. She lifted them up and put them to the side. Under then lied the map she was looking for. "Have a good life Jeongmin. And....have a place for you in my heart."

 

With that Hara made her way to the exit without looking at Jeongmin. When she opened the door Donghyun was standing there waiting. "Donghyun, what are you doing here?"

 

"Who, I was just checking to make sure everything is alright." Donghyun placed a hand on Hara's check.

 

"Everything is fine, there's no need to worry." Hara stood on her tippy toes and kissed him softly on the lips, "is everything packet? I'll be saying goodbye to the girls then, I will meet you in front of the house." Hara pinched Donghyun's check and smiled.

 

"Alright then babe." Donghyun nodded and watched as Hara walked out of the library. "Jeongmin," Donghyun turned to his friend and smiled.

 

"Congratulations, you're a married man now." Jeongmin forced himself to look happy, this was his best friend, it didn't matter anymore about him Hara, in fact it probably never had been about them, but either way it was Donghyun's wedding day. Jeongmin had to be happy for him.

 

"Yes, yes I am." Donghyun nodded looking at his feet before he peered up at Jeongmin with a fare more serious expression on his face.

 

"What's up?" Jeongmin frowned his eyebrows.

 

"I know what's been going on lately Jeongmin."

 

"What-?"

 

"And I want to let you know that just because you were once together doesn't mean she'll take you back now." Donghyun said sternly, cutting Jeongmin off.

 

"What are you talking about?" Although Jeongmin mentally face palmed himself, it was such a dumb question.

 

"I'm talking about my new wife Jeongmin, I'm talking about Hara." Donghyun look now very angry, and undeniably scary, very fare from his usual self. "She's my wife Jeongmin, I've been with her for five years, you were together only two, do you think I wouldn't be able to tell she has stressed because of you, that she was starting to second guess us because of you? When she came to me yesterday I knew she had been drinking, I could smell it on her, but I could also tell that there was something or someone else that made her do that."

 

"Hyung..."

 

"Just don't Jeongmin. I'm not mad at you; I just want you to know that I love Hara and that you and her can never be."

 

"I understand." Jeongmin looked at the ground

 

"Good..." Donghyun sighed and turned as he walked to the door.

 

"Donghyun..." Jeongmin asked and his friend stopped, not looking at him.

 

"Yes?"

 

"Where are you going for the honeymoon?"

 

"Paris."

 

 

***

 

 

Hara was smiling from ear to ear as she hugged her friends, Hyolyn kept telling her to buy her the latest fashion from in Paris which made Hara laugh. She was going to miss everyone. Minwoo still was a little upset she had shoved him into the hall and locket him out of Donghyun's room but as soon as she had finished giving saying goodbye to everyone else he couldn't help but swing his arms around her and hugging her tightly. "I'm going to miss you Noona..." Minwoo sniffled, he was a twenty year old man yet he would forever be a innocent hearted child inside.

 

"I'll miss you too Minnie..." Hara giggled hugging him back and his hair. "I'll miss all of you."

 

"Well if you hurry up we can get to the airport sooner and before you know it we'll be back." Donghyun suggested putting a hand on Hara's back as she let go of Minwoo and leaded her to the black taxi waiting for them.

 

"Alright, alright." Hara nodded. Her and Donghyun climbed in and closed the doors of the taxi as the engine started up. They waved through the back window at the people standing outside of the house, but Jeongmin wasn't a part of that group. He was standing in the library staring as the car drove off. He wasn't planning on saying good bye to them the way everyone else was, because he wasn't planning on staying any longer. Yes perhaps he would stay at his apartment of a while, but after that he would fly back to London.

 

Perhaps that's what he was best at, leaving without goodbyes or even a notice. But Jeongmin didn't want to hurt Hara anymore, he knew she was happy with Donghyun, that he would take care of her and that Donghyun loved her. Jeongmin wasn't needed in the mix; he would just screw everything up.

 

 

***

 

 

Jeongmin was walking around the backyard. He had spent his entire child hood at Sang Chun Estate. He played in the fields, climes the trees...he fell in love. He had done everything that mattered there. It had always given him hope and luck, so perhaps it'll send him in the right path.

 

"Ouch!" Jeongmin yelped as his face impacted the ground. What was that? Jeongmin looked around for what he had tripped on. "Haru?" And sure enough waddling around on the fresh green grass with a face covered in dryer cake was the armadillo himself. "What are you doing here? You're supposed to be with Hara and Donghyun on your way to the airport-" Jeongmin froze, they had forgotten about Haru.

 

"Jeongmin, if you two are meant to be together then you will be, but you will never know if you don't go for it first." Minah's voice rang in his ears. Maybe this was the right path, but maybe it wasn't, but either way Jeongmin knew it was a sign. Jeongmin stood up and dusted off his cloths before, he bended down to pick up Haru.

 

"Let's go find Hara." Jeongmin whispered to the little animal. When Jeongmin got back to the house he ran into the kitchen and grabbed a basket and placed Haru inside.

 

"What are you doing Hyung?" Kwangmin asked as Jeongmin pushed passed him as he rushed down the hall to the front door. Jeongmin didn't have time to answer him; he had to get to the airport.

 

I love you Hara, no matter were in the world I am.

 

 


 

 

A/N: Ok so this is the last chap ya, I know its short but oh well. I really can't believe it's over already :(

But here it is, I really hope you guys enjoyed it and I hope you keep on supporting 'A Silent Affair of the Heart' and all my future fics. As always up vote and subscribe if you like it and please do comment to let me know what you think about it. Till next Time!

~12EXOEXO❤️❤️❤️❤️

 

 

lols^^

Come on Minnie, just one sip?

He's just to cute for words...

His smile tho!

ajikkfhgnfdttjnshdgrekejgklkilkdsjsikjlikiytrjkghf^^

Lol, look at his expression^^

Some times I wonder how I stay alive with these boys, Obsession was really awesome!

Ok, it's offical, Kwangmin is my bias, I seriously stopped breathing for a second when his rap part in Alarm started.

I love you guys, I really hope you enjoyed reading 'A Silent Affair of the Heart' as much as I did writing it :)

 

~12EXOEXO