Chapter 1: Day before the Wedding

A Silent Affair of the Heart

NLtop

Chapter 1:

 

As the cool April rain drizzled upon the stone pathway, a pair of black dress shoes walks through a puddle parting the water in a faint splash.

A hand raised to a wooden door at the end of the path, resulting in a firm knocking sounding about the house disturbing the bustling preparations from inside.

“Hello?” The middle aged women who opened the door asked.

“Good morning Mother.”

“Jeongmin!” The women breathed in shock.

“Yes mum, I’m back.” Jeongmin smiled

“Honey…but…don’t you know?” His mother questioned

“Know what?”

“Hara is getting married this weekend.” At the word his mother spoke Jeongmin felt a jolt of pain shoot through his chest, but none the less, he put on a smile.

"Good for her, but, may I ask whom she is betrothed to?"

"Kim Donghyun, you remember darling, the three of you would hangout all the time along with Minah and the others." Jeongmin's mother explained

"Really? Donghyun..." Jeongmin smiled slightly. It wasn't a pleasant thought; one of your best friends marrying the girl you loved. But Jeongmin didn't really have a say in the matter, he broke Hara's heart years ago now, five to be exact, and he didn't have the right to be envious of Donghyun, but still he couldn't help the feeling from creeping up on him.

"Jeongmin? Is that you?" A familiar voice asked from inside the house.

"Donghyun!" Jeongmin smiled pulling his old friend into a close embrace.

"It's so good to see you again, how was London?" Donghyun asked stepping back a moment to get a better look at the man he hadn't seen for five years.

"London was great, how have you been?"

"Fine, even better now though." Donghyun chuckled and turned his head to the kitchen.

"Honey, Jeongmin's home!" Donghyun called out and a few moments latter emerged a beautiful young women with flowing black hair and perfectly shaped red lips.

"Sorry babe, I couldn't hear you because of the dishwasher, what was it you were saying?" The women looked up and stopped in her tracks as she recognized the man standing in the door frame.

"Jeongmin?" She exclaimed barely over a whisper.

"Hi Hara, long time no see, huh." Jeongmin smiled charmingly showing off his dazzling white teeth.

"Sweetheart?" Donghyun asked but gained no response as Hara's mind began to wonder into the passed, as if it had only been yesterday:

 


"Hara come on!" A young Lee Jeongmin grabbed a shy teenaged Do Hara's hand an pulled her through the rose bush maze.

Every year during the spring and summer beautiful red roses blossomed upon the tall green bushes giving off a bright lovely feeling to the otherwise useless hedge.

"Hara." Jeongmin panted softly as they reached the middle of the maze were a humble white gazebo stood. Jeongmin guided the young girl into the shade of the gazebo gesturing her to take a seat.

"Oppa, why have you brought me hear?" Hara innocently asked.

"Because," Jeongmin began before walking over to one of the peaceful red flowers, plucking it from the green which surrounded it. "Because I wanted to show you what I see you as." Jeongmin chuckled softly as he walked closer to the young girl.

"Oppa..." Hara began but before she could continue Jeongmin placed a finger over her lips in order to silence her.

"Your beautiful Do Hara, just like a rose." Jeongmin whispered coming closer to her.Hara tried to back off but when she did she ended up just hitting the side of the gazebo. Jeongmin inched closer and closer, making her heart rate rapidly increase. "You're the most beautiful women I have ever seen in my life." Jeongmin continued as he tucked the rose behind her ear. Hara felt herself stop breathing, no one had ever called her a women before, nor beautiful. Jeongmin was the first person to say those things to her, and it gave her a warm feeling inside her chest she couldn't really explain.

"Oppa..." Hara tried to speak again but was once again shushed, but instead of Jeongmin's finger placed upon her soft pink lips, it was his own which suppressed her shy voice.

 


"Hara?" Donghyun's asked again, this time with a hint of concern in his voice.

"Oh, um, I'm sorry, I think it's time I fed Haru, he, um, hasn't eaten yet." Hara mumbled turning her gaze away from Jeongmin and to the stair well as she began to clime the dark brown hard wood steps.

"That's odd, Haru is down stairs right now." Donghyun stated frowning his eyebrows at his fiancee's odd behaviour.

"And I am pretty sure I saw her feeding him ten minutes ago." Jeongmin's mother added, "I suppose she is just a little stressed and tiered considering how the wedding is coming up so soon." But Jeongmin knew the truth. It wasn't because of wedding nerves it was because of him.

"Ya, I'm sure she'll be fine once she gets some rest." Donghyun agreed patting Jeongmin on the back.

"Hyung!" Three exited voices called out followed by a loud thud sound.

"Hello?" Jeongmin asked cocking his head to the side as he looked down to the floor were three familiar faces looked up at him.

"Minwoo get off of Youngmin and Kwangmin." Another voice chimed in.

"Well hello Hyunseong." Jeongmin smiled at the well built individual pulling the Maknaes off of the ground.

"Jeongmin." He smiled an hugged his friend,"Are you going to be attending the wedding on Sunday?"

"Um, I don't know, I suppose but I don't really have a proper outfit, when I moved to London I sold my apartment and gave most of my cloths away so I wouldn't have so much to pack." Jeongmin shrugged his shoulders. He didn't want to tell them the real reason he wasn't going. If he did he would look like a jerk, because the real reason he wasn't going to go was because we didn't want to see Hara get married. It was selfish of him to want, but he was only human, we all have times when we think of only ourselves, and sometimes it's the best thing for us.

"Well, actually honey, when you left you didn't really sell the apartment." Jeongmin's mother corrected him.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, we all new you'd be back one day, so I bot the place, all your stuff is the same as when you left." She smiled lightly pinching her sons check.

"I better get back to the kitchen, I have to go check how cooks doing with the cake, I'll give you the keys latter this evening." And with that Jeongmin's mother left the room leaving the six boys time to ketch up.

"So, how have things been while I've been gone?" Jeongmin set his bag on the ground as her stepped out of his shoes and slid into a free pare of slippers.

"It's been great, but it was never really the same without you Hyung." Minwoo smiled cutely hick ing arms with Youngmin.

"Ya, we've really missed you Hyung, but we're all glad you're back." Kwangmin added

"It's good to be back too." Jeongmin smiled following the rest of them to the backyard. "And may I asked, who and or what is Haru?"

"Oh, Haru is Hara Noona's pet armadillo." Kwangmin answered

"Right." Jeongmin nodded with a face full of sarcastic understanding, "Yes, of course."


***


"Hara, what's wrong?" Minah, Hara's younger sister asked hoping off if Hara's be in a quick jump, almost nocking Hara over.

"It's none of your business, just get away from me!" Hara yelled running into the bathroom and locking the door.

"Great, now you've done it, just like always Minah." Bora rolled her eyes standing up and walking over to Hara's bathroom door and softly knocked. "Come on honey, come out and tell us what's wrong."

"Did I really mess up again?" Minah asked softly

"No, of course not, everyone is stressed and exited about the wedding, Bora is too, so don't take what she says seriously." Hyolyn, another one of Hara's friend reassured her.

"Hara, really, what's got you all upset, this morning you were fine." Bora continued to pry.

"Just leave...me alone." Hara huffed out in between her sobs. She didn't know what was wrong. Everything was fine before. She had forgot about Jeongmin, or at least cast his memory aside, and she got over him, her feelings for him didn't exist, so why was she so upset all of a sudden? You can't still love him Hara, you're in love with a wonderful man, and you're going to marry him this weekend, you love Donghyun now. Hara tolled herself, but she still couldn't stop the tears that were falling from her eyes, and dripping off her chin. I promised my self I wouldn't love him again.

"Really Hara, come out." Bora called again.

"I'm fine." Hara said plainly as she opened the bathroom door after a moment of silence.

"But you came in here crying." Minah pointed out

"Oh, I was just feeling a little over whelmed with everything, I mean, I am getting married this weekend." Hara giggled, as if the previous episode hadn't happened.

"Well, alright then, If your sure your doing ok." Bora took a step back, away from the door in order to give Hara space.

"Really, I'm fine." Hara smiled, "come on, let's go get something to eat with the boys."


***


"So when she came barreling down the hill she hit a rock and went flying! That's when I cot her and our eyes met, and from that moment on I couldn't be a happier man." Donghyun reached over and squeezed Hara's hand lightly after he finished telling the story about how they first fell in love, "after that I wouldn't stop bothering her about a date until she excepted, and when she did, well, there were many more to come, and the rest is history." Donghyun smiled and kissed Hara on the cheek.

"You know Hyung, we've heard the story of how you and Hara got together thousands of times but I don't think in all the years we have known eachother, we have actually heard the story of how Hara Noona and Jeongmin Hyung met." Youngmin pointed out as he stretched out in the chair he was sitting in.

"You're right, we haven't, come, tell us!" Minah agreed leaning on the table in front of them. It was around midnight and everyone had gathered on the deck to ketch up with one another over dinner.

"Um..." Hara opened and looked at Jeongmin who had an un readable expression. I don't think he remembers, Hara thought, how could he? And why would he even want to? "I don't really remember."

"Oh, uh, ya, it's been a while, It actually seems to have slipped my mind as well." Jeongmin nodded.

"Jeongmin!" A sweet voice called

"Yes mother?" Jeongmin turned his head to the women standing in the door way to the backyard from the house.

"I have the your key to your apartment here, I just wanted to let you know if you are ready to head over and unpack now." His mother tolled him. Jeongmin paused and looked at the nine people seated at the table. He had known them for so long, yet he had never felt so much like a stranger to anyone.

"Yeah, it was a long plane ride and I guess the get lag is starting to ketch up with me, I better head back." Jeongmin stood up from his chair and bowed to his friends giving everyone a warm hug, but when it came to be only Hara left to say goodbye to for the night, Jeongmin hesitated for a moment.

"Don't worry about us, I'm fine now, I'm over it." Hara whispered into his ear as she stood and her tippy toes to give him a hug. Is she really already over us? Of course she is, it's been five years Jeongmin, don't be silly.


***


"Home at last." Jeongmin smiled as he dropped his bag down onto the floor of his old apartment. "It's all still here." He whispered as he passed the series of photos hung on a string in front of his book shelf. As he dragged his hands across them he stopped at one particular photo. There was a girl and a boy, they were blowing bubbles and laughing together.

 


Jeongmin had been taking photos all day, and he finally was done. He slumped down onto a park bench. He closed his eyes for a moment and when he opened them again there was a small bottle of bubble fluid along with a bubble blower. "Some kid must have left this." He mumbled to him self picking up the small bottle. Jeongmin looked for side to side making sure there wasn't anyone near by. He lightly shook the bottle and pulled out the bubble blower. He raised it to his lips a began to blow, he watched as the round shimmering orbs flouted through the air. He turned his head and jumped as he saw a young girl sitting beside him.

"Hello." She whispered silently with a smile. Jeongmin placed the bubbles back down onto the bench, stood up and began to walk away in slight embarrassment though he wouldn't admit it.

As he walked down the street he felt a strange presents behind him. As he peered behind him he saw the same girl from before fallowing behind him. Every step he took she would take another. Jeongmin chuckled.

 

Was it really that long ago that Hara had followed him around that day? Was it really so long that she didn't remember? Because it wasn't for Jeongmin. But at this point it didn't matter, and it shouldn't matter, she was over him, she said so, and she was getting married. She wouldn't have the time or need to remember that day. But Jeongmin couldn't forget, and he wouldn't forget, no matter what happened.

 


 

A/N: Hey guys, so first chap is up, I hope you like it, I don't know if it's to short or not but I tried my best, hope you like it, so please do subscribe, up vote and comment if you like it! Till next time!

~12EXOEXO ❤️

NLbot