SIX

A Part of My Memory

SIX

Jin noticed that Jimin seemed stiff so he turned to Maeri and told her to go and fetch the others since it was almost 1. When she left, Jimin was able to relax “You… you seriously need to hide that nervousness of yours” Jin said to Jimin, “Sorry about that but when I suddenly saw her, I just…” Jin patted his back and said that it was alright.

“By the way, why are the two of you together? Don’t tell me you…” Jimin asked
“Idiot, well it’s a long story. Let’s just say we’re working on a project right now” Jin answered.
“I see and here I thought you already stole her heart” Jimin teased, Jin went bright red and smacked him. “You… by the way, I met up with Taehyung the other night. I’m glad to see that he’s still well” said Jimin, “He’s always well knowing that he’s Taehyung” Jin said and it made Jimin laughed then he told Jin that he will be going ahead since he was with his friends from college but before he left, he asked Jin “Hyung… does she remember you?” Jin paused for a while but then he shook his head and said “No.” “I see, good luck then hyung” Jimin said and after that, he left.

Moments later Maeri came back and she brought the others with her, “Where’s Jimin?” she asked Jin. “He already left” Jin replied, “I see… but sunbae, how did you two know each oth-”

“Sunbae, let’s start already before it gets dark” Jungkook inserted, “Ah… okay” Maeri said and they started filming. Maeri wanted to ask Jin how he knew Jimin, even though she had a hunch that the two of them are just close but for some reason, she felt uneasy when she saw Jin and Jimin were talking and how Jimin was surprised to see her, she felt like they were hiding something. She wasn’t able to focus well but because Jungkook was giving out instructions like Baekhyun, no one noticed.

Jin and Jiyoung were in the middle of filming, Jungkook stood beside Maeri and asked her what happened, “Huh?” she responded. “Don’t ‘huh’ me, what happened to you all of the sudden? Did Jin hyung attack you or something?” he asked, Maeri raised her brow and said “Why the heck would he attack me?” then she sighed and added “and I’m fine… I think” “Well whatever it is that happened to you, I hope you get over it. We still have to finish filming since we’re behind schedule” said Jungkook
“And whose fault do you think this is?” Maeri sarcastically asked, Jungkook was suddenly unable to answer and he changed the topic, Maeri messed his hair up though. In between the filming, Jin noticed the two and got a little bit jealous.

During their short break, Maeri went to buy some drinks for the crew and Youngjae accompanied her… “Too bad Baekhyun-sunbae isn’t with us today” he said as Maeri was handing him half of the drinks. “Yeah but Jungkook's not too bad either” she responded “Hmm… you and Jungkook seem to be getting close ever since you were in the same group” Youngjae teased. Maeri glared at him and asked “What are you trying to say?” Youngjae laughed and told Maeri that it was nothing but she insisted on telling her what Youngjae meant.

“Aish, you… I told you that it was nothing” said Youngjae, “But it suddenly made me curious” Maeri responded. Youngjae messed Maeri's hair up and then walked ahead without telling her anything; she released a sigh and followed. Meanwhile, Jin was staring at them from a certain distance

“Jealous?” Jungkook asked as he stood next to Jin. Jin turned to him and glared “You did those things on purpose…” he said, Jungkook stuck his tongue out in response and after that, went to Maeri.

“Aish… this kid…” Jin mumbled.

 

“Cut!” Maeri yelled and they stopped filming, she congratulated everyone for doing a good job. The actors decided to change back to their regular clothes while the others were cleaning up. Maeri was lifting up a huge case by herself when she felt that it got lighter.

“A girl shouldn’t be carrying heavy things” Jin spoke from behind as he took the case from her, she was surprised and her heart skipped a beat. “T-Thanks” she said as she moved a few inches away so that she wouldn’t get in the way. Jin smiled and told her that it was no problem then he took the huge case to Byunghun’s car…

“What’s wrong with me?” Maeri asked herself then she noticed that the others didn’t throw away their trash. She silently picked them up and was looking for a trash bin, she couldn’t find any around the area so she went towards the other side. She finally found one and threw the trash then she recalled how Jin suddenly took the case away from her and how strong he was compared to her

“There really is a big difference between guys and girls” she said to herself suddenly she remembered the same scene again but this time, instead of Jin, it was someone wearing a high school uniform. “Uh…” she said, she shook her head and finally back to her senses; she wondered what happened and if what she suddenly remembered was part of her lost memories or if her mind was just making things up. She felt a slight pain in her head and accidentally bumped into someone

“S-Sorry” she apologized,

“It’s alri- huh? Maeri?” the guy responded. Maeri turned to him and was surprised to see him as well, “Taehyung-ssi” she said.

“What are you doing here?” the two of them asked each other at the same time, they were surprised but then they laughed. “We’re filming right now, I just went on a quick trip to the bathroom” said Taehyung “I see… well we were filming too but we just finished. We’re already packing up since we only need to film the day time scene” Maeri responded. “I see” Taehyung said then Namjoo suddenly called Maeri. Maeri turned to Taehyung and told her that she’ll be going ahead, Taehyung nodded and he bade her goodbye. He kept an eye on her until she was able to meet up with Namjoo, after that he sighed and went on his way.

“By the way, we’re eating out tonight. Do you want to come with us?” Namjoo asked but Maeri told her that she’ll pass for now since she wanted to go home early. “Then it means that only you and Jin-sunbae aren’t coming. Too bad” said Namjoo then she went near Haerin and the others.

“Are you sure that you’re going to eat dinner with us? Don’t you want to stay with Jin-sunbae and have your dream date here in Namsan Tower?” Dongho asked Jiyoung as he placed her bags in his car. Jiyoung clicked her tongue and told Dongho to move faster, Dongho sensed that she was in a bad mood so he didn’t bother her any further. Jiyoung then recalled what she saw in the middle of filming, she noticed that while Maeri was being friendly with the other guys from their group, Jin would show a jealous face without him even noticing it; she released a sigh and went inside the car.

The others bad their farewells while Jin and Maeri still remained, when they were already gone, Maeri turned to Jin and told her that she’ll be going ahead.

“See you on Monday” she said as she was about to leave when Jin suddenly grabbed the strap of her bag and pulled her towards him “Where do you think you’re going?” Jin asked, “Huh? Home” she responded as she started to leave but then Jin pulled her towards him again using the strap of her bag and it was already irritating her “Oi!” she proclaimed, “Who says you’re going home already?” Jin said with a grin on his face and Maeri felt something wasn’t right.
In the end, the two of them were still at Namsan Tower even though it was already getting dark…

“Sunbae, are you sure that you still have the energy to play around? I mean we’ve been here ever since this morning” Maeri whined as she followed behind Jin who was looking around for something fun to do. Jin though, didn’t seem to respond since he was busy going on his own pace, Maeri sighed and mumbled “Even though you’re supposed to be older... you have the energy of a 5 year-old kid”. Moments later, Jin found a small ice cream shop and dragged Maeri to it.

“If you wanted to eat ice cream, you should’ve just bought some at the convenience store on the way home” Maeri said as Jin was paying for the ice cream then he handed the chocolate flavored one to Maeri and he had the strawberry flavor “I heard that their ice cream here tastes great” he said. Maeri ate her ice cream and she was able to quickly finish it, “Tastes the same as the ones in the convenience store” she said and she walked ahead.

“Jeez this kid...” Jin said as he followed her “You know, you’re supposed to be a girl yet why aren’t you enjoying things like these?” Jin asked when he caught up with her. “What do you mean?” Maeri responded as she raised her brow at him, “This…” Jin repeated as he was pointing out at every couple that surrounded them “Ah… not really” she responded. “Aish, what’s wrong with you? Didn’t you go to places like these when you were in high school!?” Jin proclaimed and Maeri flinched. She started feeling insecure again, wondering if she really did feel that way when she was still in high school or if she really did went to Namsan before with her friends. Jin noticed that she became quiet all of the sudden then he realized something

“Shoot” he said and Maeri turned to him after snapping out from what she was thinking, “I forgot that I was supposed to stay over at Kyungsoo’s place tonight. I’m going to call him, wait for a minute alright” Jin said as he brought out his phone and dialed Kyungsoo’s number. While he was on the phone, Maeri looked around and was still wondering about her high school memories when something caught her eye and made her show an excited expression on her face.

Jin felt that someone tugged his shirt, he told Kyungsoo that he’ll be hanging up. He turned around and saw Maeri tugging his shirt as she was staring at somewhere

“What’s wrong?” he asked

“Sunbae… let’s go over there!” she beamed as she grabbed Jin and ran towards the place that made her excited. Jin was surprised though but he thought that Maeri looked cute and he went along with her. They arrived at the Bear Museum and Maeri was amazed to see many teddy bears, Jin was also amazed to see Maeri show such childish expression and it made him happy.

“Ah, wait here alright” he said as he went near a booth. After looking around for thirty minutes, they decided to go someplace else. On the way out though, Maeri kept talking about the teddy bears and even though Jin found it a little bit weird, he still responded to the conversation. “By the way, isn’t it about time that we go home already?” Maeri asked she looked at the time and it was already 8 in the evening, “You’re right…” Jin responded but when they were about to leave, the lights around the place suddenly and they were amazed by it. Maeri then spotted the padlocks attached on the fences; she decided to go further up until she reached the rooftop. She walked towards the fence and kept looking at the padlocks suddenly

“What are you doing?” Jin asked.

“Ah, I’m just wondering if I…” Maeri realized that what she was about to say was that she was trying to see if she attached a padlock on the fence when she was still in high school and wondered if she had someone special by that time.

“… no, I was just looking around since it’s the first time I’ve seen them” she continued.

“Don’t tell me… you haven’t seen them even though you’re a resident here in Seoul?” Jin asked as he was holding back his chuckles. Maeri glared at him and said “Sorry if I’m not that popular! Jeez, I bet you have tons of those here huh”

“Me? Nope. I didn’t attach a padlock with anyone” Jin responded and Maeri turned to him with a puzzled look. “Why do you look surprised or something? Don’t you believe me?” Jin asked and Maeri straight-forwardly answered yes. Jin felt a little bit offended but he didn’t let it get to him “A-Anyway, I told myself that I will only do this with the person I plan to be together with for the rest of my life since these padlocks represent a love that’s hard to break no matter what the circumstances are” he said. Maeri was amazed with his response since she didn’t expect him to be a romantic. “If it were one of your fan girls standing here then she would definitely faint” Maeri said and Jin snorted. After that, they decided to go back down and go home but on the way, it started raining hard.

“Oh shoot” the two of them cussed then Jin took his jacket off and used it to cover Maeri and half of himself as they ran to a nearby shop to shelter in.

“Aish… why did it have to rain…” Jin mumbled when they finally arrived at the shop. Maeri noticed that half of Jin's face got wet “Ah, I have a handkerchief” she said as she was looking for it “Eh?” Jin wondered suddenly, Maeri leaned forward and started wiping his face with her handkerchief, this caught him off-guard. “Y-You don’t have to…” he said “But you got wet because you were trying to make sure that I didn’t. Jeez, you know I’ll be fine since I don’t get a cold easily” Maeri said as she was still wiping his face. “But…” Jin couldn’t continue what he wanted to say since Maeri's face was already close to his and she didn’t even realize it.

“There…” she said, she was about to move back when Jin stopped her by grabbing her hand “Uh?” she wondered. Their eyes met and for some reason, Jin was having a hard time trying to control himself “Sunbae?” she wondered. “You…” Jin said as he leaned closer, Maeri this time felt nervous after realizing how close Jin's face was suddenly, Jin flicked her forehead and said “You shouldn’t do this kind of thing to anyone else alright?” he continued and he moved away. “Ouch…” Maeri groaned and glared at Jin “Why!?” she proclaimed, “That’s because you might get attacked, luckily for me I was able to get a hold of myself” Jin responded but Maeri wasn’t sure of what he meant. Jin released a sigh and told her to forget about it since it’s no use trying to explain it to her then the rain finally slowed down…

“Looks like we can go home with this kind of downpour, let’s go” he said as he grabbed Maeri's hand and both of them ran. They took a taxi and made sure that Maeri would arrive at her house first and after that, Jin told the taxi driver to head to Kyungsoo’s apartment.

When Monday came…

“WHAT!? HE’S SICK!?” Maeri proclaimed.