FOUR

A Part of My Memory

FOUR

Jin smiled at Maeri and told her that it was fine, at that moment an image of a boy appeared on her mind. He had a huge grin on his face as he looked at Maeri, “Ugh” she groaned as she felt a small pain in her head. “Are you okay?” Jin asked when he heard her groan, “I think I have a headache” she answered. When Jiyoung decided to see what was taking them so long to shoot, she saw the position that Maeri and Jin were. “You! Get off of oppa this instant!” she proclaimed as she rushed towards them.

“Oppa?” both Jungkook and Jin wondered, Jiyoung pulled Maeri up and gave her the crutches. “Sheesh, Baekhyun-sunbae was wondering what was taking you guys so long and here I caught you two flirting” she said, “They weren’t flirting, I accidentally pushed her so she fell on top of hyung. Now can you please get out of the way? We’re in the middle of filming” Jungkook said, it annoyed Jiyoung but she still left.

“Tch, annoying” Jungkook muttered then they started filming. It was their last scene for the day and they went back to the clubroom to check out the recordings. Baekhyun told the others that they can leave since he only needs the film club to check out the videos.

“Jin has a really good expression here” Baekhyun said while talking about the part where Jin was lying on the grass, “Guess I took a good shot of him huh” Jungkook complimented himself but the others did agree. Right after looking at the photos, Baekhyun told Jungkook to watch over Maeri and let her ride the taxi since he still needs to attend a meeting.

“You don’t have to do this you know, you can go home already” Maeri said as she and Jungkook were on their way out of the university. “Sorry but I can’t go against Baekhyun-sunbae’s orders or else he’ll sulk again and it’s annoying” said Jungkook and Maeri laughed since she agreed to what Jungkook said about Baekhyun sulking and being annoying. Suddenly, Taehyung called out Jungkook's name, “Kookie-yah~!” he beamed and Jungkook suddenly turned blue.

“You going home already?” he asked as he put his arms around Jungkook, “Isn’t it obvious?” Jungkook responded then he noticed Maeri. Their eyes met and Maeri unconsciously greeted him, Taehyung greeted back but he immediately turned to Jungkook. “So you’re going on a date huh, hahaha, look who’s turning into an adult” Taehyung teased and then he told Jungkook to ‘have fun’ then he left.

“Jeez, annoying” Jungkook muttered and he released a sigh, “Sorry about that” he said as he turned to Maeri but when he did, he noticed that Maeri was still staring at Taehyung. She released a sigh and turned to Jungkook “Let’s go?” she said, Jungkook nodded his head and the two of them left.

 

The next day, Maeri was on her way to her next class when some students were running around the hallway and one of them bumped into her. She lost her balance but luckily, someone caught her. “Thanks” she said but when she turned to the person, she was surprised to see Taehyung “Those idiots, they’re freshmen from the drama club. I’ll give them a good scolding” he said as he was looking ahead. Maeri seemed a little bit annoyed so she made herself stand up, “Thank you again” she coldly said and walked ahead.

“So now he decides to be friendly but he still won’t look at me. Aish, why am I bothered with him in the first place? So what if he doesn’t like me? I shouldn’t be that concerned” Maeri thought.
Taehyung bumped into Jin right after he helped Maeri, “Oh V” Jin said “Hey, don’t call me that when we’re in school” Taehyung responded. “Sorry, it has been a habit of mine. Anyway, are you on your way to your next class?” Jin asked and Taehyung nodded his head in response. “By the way, what happened to your princess?” Taehyung asked, Jin wasn’t sure what he meant. Taehyung asked about Maeri and Jin told him what happened, “Oh… I see” he said. “Were you worried?” Jin asked, Taehyung shook his head and said “Not really” and after that, left. “Liar” Jin murmured.

A week passed and Maeri went to the doctor during Sunday, the doctor said that it was fine for her to walk but she mustn’t tire her foot yet. They decided to have a shoot during Monday afternoon and they went to the nearby park to shoot the ice cream scene where Jin and Jiyoung are eating ice cream at the park bench.

“Oppa, let’s act as if we’re real lovers alright?” Jiyoung suggested but Jin responded with an awkward smile. Since Maeri's foot was already healed, she was the one taking the video. “Action!” Baekhyun shouted, while Maeri was taking the video, she couldn’t help but compliment Jin in her thoughts about being a good actor. Jiyoung was already good right from the start but she didn’t expect for Jin to be good as well.

After that, they decided to have a short break. Jiyoung went to the bathroom with Hayoung to fix her make-up while the others decided to prepare for the next set. Maeri decided to buy some drinks for the others and thought that she could carry all of them when Jin came and asked her if she needed any help.

“Isn’t it obvious?” she responded and Jin felt a little bit dejected. “And here I thought that we were on good terms already” Jin said as he carried a 3/4 of the drinks. “We are. If I’m mean to you then that means I like you” Maeri casually responded and Jin wasn’t able to see that coming. He turned bright red and felt really happy, ‘like’ he thought, “Like as in…?” he asked as he want a clearer answer “As a friend” Maeri answered and this time, Jin felt as if a heavy rock fell on top of him.

“It’s alright Seokjin-ah, you just became friends a week ago. There’s no need to rush things” Jin thought. “By the way, good job” Maeri complemented and Jin responded with a puzzled face. Maeri sighed and told him that she thought his acting was good and complemented him. Jin received another blow and he turned redder. When they met up with the others, Jungkook noticed Jin's face and asked him what happened but Jin just shook his head with his face still red.

They were finished with the filming at around 7 in the evening, the others wanted to go out for dinner but then Jin received a phone call. “Excuse me” he said as he took the call, the others were still deciding where to eat while the girls were talking about the shoot that happened,
“Jin-sunbae is really handsome, no wonder he’s the prince. He was really into character a while ago” Namjoo complemented

“Yeah but Byunghun-sunbae was hot. In fact, the bad boy role suits him and I don’t mind if I date that kind of guy” Haerin added then they realized that Byunghun was behind them and Haerin suddenly felt embarrassed. Byunghun was staring at them as if he was glaring at them for being noisy and the girls immediately apologized and walked away from him while Byunghun was puzzled.

Maeri saw what happened and she snorted, “If they found out that he’s not that scary, I wonder what will happen” she thought then Jin came back and told the others that he couldn’t come since he had something to attend to. He decided to leave first but before that, he approached Jungkook and whispered something to him, Jungkook's eyes widened and he turned to Jin as if he wanted to ask something but before he could, Jin bade goodbye and left.

“Jungkook?” Maeri wondered, Jungkook turned to her and wore his usual face “Yeah?” he responded, “Something wrong?” she asked but Jungkook shook his head. Moments later, Baekhyun decided that they will be eating at a barbeque house.
“Barbeque is the best!” Baekhyun beamed as he raised a piece of meat in the air, Maeri told him to behave but he didn’t listen and she released a sigh.

“So you have to deal with that kind of attitude every day?” Jiyoung asked as she sat beside Maeri and was talking about Baekhyun “Unfortunately” Maeri answered as she shook her head. “Hmm, but come to think of it, the two of you look good together” said Jiyoung but Maeri snorted and said “I think he’s more of a woman than me” and Jiyoung can’t help but agree.

Right after dinner, the others insisted on going out for karaoke again but Maeri refused since she still had some things to do and this time Jungkook went with her as well.
“Are you sure that you don’t want to go with the others?” Maeri asked
“Yeah and besides this time Baekhyun-sunbae is coming along so I definitely don’t want to go” Jungkook responded and Maeri laughed.

After a few blocks, they separated ways. Maeri was waiting for the bus to arrive when she saw someone familiar at the opposite side of the street. It looks like he was waiting for someone, Maeri looked closer and realized that it was Taehyung, “Oh” she said. Moments later, a person approached Taehyung and the two of them hugged each other as if they haven’t seen each other for a long time, Maeri was able to clearly see who the person was and when she realized who he was, she was surprised.

“J-Jimin?” she wondered.