TEN

A Part of My Memory

TEN

“No” Maeri responded with a straight face as she turned to him and it ruined the moment, Jin was a bit crushed and asked “W-Why?” “First off, We’ve only known each other for a couple of weeks; second, I hate frivolous guys; third, I don’t think you’re serious and fourth, you already have a girlfriend” she answered.
“Well I can’t deny the first and second thoughts but where the heck did you get the idea that I have a girlfriend?” asked Jin,
“Last time while I was cleaning the book shelves, I accidentally saw a picture of you and together with a girl but I didn’t see her face since-”
“Hold up, you went through my stuff?” Jin cut her off
“I said accidentally, didn’t I?” Maeri responded

“Did I have a picture with a girl?” Jin asked himself then he remembered something and yelled “Ah!” “What? So you do have a girlfriend?” Maeri asked but then Jin became embarrassed and denied “S-She’s not my girlfriend but she’s my…” “Your?” “My… first love… or something like that” he continued. Maeri was quiet for a while then “So she’s not your girlfriend?” she asked and Jin quickly denied “No way!” Maeri can clearly see that Jin was embarrassed and that he really liked that girl “And for your information, I AM SERIOUS” he added. “Uh?” Maeri wondered suddenly, the door opened and Jungkook entered the infirmary

“Hyung, Baekhyun-sunbae told me to tell you to go down this instant since they wanted to shoot an additional scene with you and Jiyoung-sunbae” he said

“Eh? Aish fine” Jin said as he stood up and was about to leave but before that, he looked at Maeri once more and showed her an ‘i-really-am-serious’ face but Maeri was just staring at him, he felt a little bit disheartened as he slowly left. “What’s with him?” Jungkook asked but when he turned to Maeri, he was surprised “Are you sick or something? You’re red as a tomato” he said but Maeri just shook her head and turned away from Jungkook.

 

Maeri was allowed to leave earlier than the others since Baekhyun himself said that she should go home and rest. Three days have passed and the incident with Jin didn’t seem to bother her anymore. She seldom sees Jin during class hours and during their filming time, they interact with each other less since most of the scenes that they had to shoot that time were all Jin's scenes. It was Thursday night when Maeri received a message from Baekhyun

Everybody pack your bags, we’re going on a 2 days and 1 night camping trip this weekend ;) –Baekhyun

“WHAT!?” the other members who received the messages proclaimed.

Saturday morning came and the group decided to meet up at the train station, when Maeri arrived she was surprised to see Jungkook and Jin. “Uh” both Maeri and Jin said to each other, the two of them were just staring at each other and not uttering a single word.

“C-Crap, and I just told myself to act normal…” Jin said in his thoughts “Good morning sunbae” Jungkook greeted and Maeri greeted back. Suddenly, someone hugged both Jungkook and Maeri from behind, “Good morning you two!” he beamed, “Ugh Baekhyun-sunbae” the other two said in unison. Moments later, the others arrived and Baekhyun told them the details for the trip “So aside from filming for our movie, this is also some kind of celebration trip for finishing the exams” he said, “Celebrating when we don’t even know if we passed them or not” Byunghun whispered to the others and they snickered. “For those who brought their cars with them, they can head to the place first. I’ve already given the directions and you guys have to take our luggage” Baekhyun added “Okay” both Byunghun and Dongho responded. After a few more follow-up announcements, they decided to head off to the place.

“Why aren’t you getting on the train?” Dongho asked as he noticed that Jiyoung was following from behind, “I hate crowded places” she responded “Too bad though, that could’ve been a chance for you to sit next to your dearest Jin-sunbae” Dongho said as he opened the door “AH!” Jiyoung proclaimed but it was already too late for her to go back. Dongho snickered and told her to get inside the car instead.

Baekhyun and Jin were sitting together and facing them were Maeri and Jungkook. The three were busy planning out their schedule while Jin felt out of place and he listened to some music in his iPod instead. He was looking at the three while listening to music then he noticed how Maeri would laugh every time Jungkook would get all sarcastic towards Baekhyun

“She never laughs in front of me like that” he thought then he remembered the day when he saw her and Taehyung going home together and how she laughed in front of Taehyung. It irritated him and he looked outside the window; Maeri turned to Jin who was looking outside the window while listening to music

“He hasn’t said a word since” she said to herself then she released a sigh. “What’s wrong? Are you tired?” Baekhyun asked “Eh? Ah not really…” she answered. “Hmm… hey Jungkook, let’s switch so that when Maeri's tired, she can lean on my shoulder” said Baekhyun “Eh?” both Maeri and Jin, even though he was wearing earphones he can still hear anything, said. “How bold of you sunbae but since you don’t have a girlfriend, I guess it’s fine” Jungkook responded, “What are you talking about? He has a girlfriend” said Maeri “Eh?” both Jungkook and Jin said as they turned to Baekhyun and he gave them an embarrassed smile. “This guy… even though he has a girlfriend he wants Maeri to lean on him?!” Jin mumbled in his thoughts as he was glaring at Baekhyun, Jungkook noticed this and he thought of something.

“Hyung, come with me for a sec” he said as he stood up “Eh? Where to?” Jin asked but Jungkook told him to just stand up and they went to somewhere for a while. When they got back, Jungkook sat next to Baekhyun and started suggesting some ideas for the scenes. Although Baekhyun wasn’t able to notice what Jungkook did, the other two were aware of it

“Uh? Aren’t you sitting down Jin?” Baekhyun asked as he looked at Jin who was standing and glaring at Jungkook “R-Right” Jin said as he sat next to Maeri. Their eyes met but then they immediately looked away, Jin turned to Jungkook who was looking at them and he stuck his tongue out. Jin mouthed “You’re gonna get it later” and Jungkook just rolled his eyes.

 

30 minutes passed and Maeri felt something knocking on her shoulder, she turned to her right and saw Jin dozing off and his head swaying. She turned to Baekhyun and Jungkook and they fell asleep as well, “Wow… were they that tired?” Maeri said then she felt Jin leaning on her shoulder. “Uh…” she wasn’t sure if she should wake him up or just leave him be but she noticed how tired he looked and so she just let him lean on her shoulder. They traveled for two and a half hours, when they arrived at their stop…

“Sunbae…” Maeri said as she was trying to wake Jin up while Baekhyun and Jungkook were fixing their things, “Uh, sunbae…” she continued but Jin was still sleeping and leaning on her shoulder. She released a sigh and finally flicked Jin's forehead, Jin immediately opened his eyes. He quickly noticed that he was leaning on Maeri and pulled away, “S-Sorry, I fell asleep. I must’ve been heavy” he said “You were” Maeri answered honestly. Jungkook laughed and he told Jin to hurry up or else they’ll leave him behind.

They took a bus and arrived at the camp site, “What took you guys so long?” Jiyoung asked as she turned to Maeri then to Jin “Don’t listen to her, we were just 5 minutes earlier than you guys” Dongho inserted “Shin Dongho!” Jiyoung hissed.
            First thing that they did was to take all of the equipment and their luggage out from the car, Maeri thanked Sungjae for helping her carry the heavy things. She turned to the others to check if she could help them but she noticed that Jin was helping the other girls who seemed to be carrying some luggage since the guys were trying to set the tents up.

“I AM SERIOUS” Maeri suddenly recalled what Jin said; she shook her head and told herself not to think about that incident with Jin. She decided to help the guys with the tent; meanwhile, Jin turned to Maeri who was walking towards the guys “Sunbae, I think that’s all the luggage left in the car. Thank you for your help” said Haerin “No problem” Jin responded, Haerin noticed that he kept looking at the other guys who were setting up the tents. “You can help them if you want” Haerin added “Ah right…” Jin said then he walked towards them.

Haerin then noticed a huge box near Byunghun’s car “Ah crap, I forgot about that one” she said to herself. She noticed that the others were busy so she decided to carry the box herself but it was too heavy for her; the moment she took another step, she lost her balance and was about to fall over but luckily, Byunghun got a hold of the box and Haerin was able to support herself “What the heck do you think you’re doing carrying something heavy like this?” he said “S-Sorry” Haerin responded. He noticed that she seemed scared of him (which was true), he sighed and then patted her head “Next time, call for a guy to carry something this heavy alright?” he said. Haerin turned light red and nodded her head in response then Byunghun carried the box to where the others were.

Since it was almost lunch time, he told the others that he, Jin and Haerin were going to prepare lunch while the others continue to fix their things. Maeri wanted to help too but Baekhyun and Jin immediately refused

“No thank you, you’ll probably poison the food” said Baekhyun

“Can’t help but agree with him” Jin added. Maeri hissed at the two of them then she turned to Jin once more and gave him a death glare before she stomped her feet towards Byunghun and the others. Jin felt chills but he didn’t mind it and started preparing the food; Maeri on the other hand, grumbled “Stupid Baekhyun, poison the food? Just because it doesn’t look good doesn’t taste good right?” then she recalled the soup that she made for Jin and how he reacted after tasting it, she gulped and just accepted the fact that her food might be poison in disguise.

Jin was washing the vegetables when Baekhyun went near him and asked “So you’ve tasted Maeri's cooking before?” Jin was surprised but then he nodded his head in response “How about you?” he asked but Baekhyun shook his head “If you look at her at first glance, you’ll find out right away that she can’t cook” he added and laughed, Jin can’t help but agree and laughed as well then he remembered something from before

“I may not look like someone who knows how to cook but I want to learn how to cook so that I can somehow bring happiness to others”

Jin slowly stopped laughing and he released a sigh.

The other guys were done setting up the tents and decided to explore the area, Maeri was too tired so she decided to stay behind. She was looking at Jin, Baekhyun and Haerin preparing for lunch and she smelled the nice aroma of the food.

“I want to eat already” she said to herself as she felt her stomach grumbling. Jin noticed how Maeri was trying to tell her stomach to keep quiet and quietly laughed

“Sunbae, do you like Maeri?” Haerin asked all of the sudden and surprised Jin, “W-What makes you say that?” Jin responded “Well you’re always looking at her” said Haerin. Jin blushed and turned away “Be careful or you’ll burn the food” he said and he walked away.

“Oi Maeri! Make yourself useful and come help us prepare the plates and utensils!” Baekhyun called “Alright” Maeri responded and she helped them prepare, moments later they called the others to lunch. While eating, Baekhyun discussed to them the scenes that they were going to shoot and the locations…

“After lunch, we’ll have a 1 hour break for you guys to rest but after that, we’ll start filming. We’ll shoot the tent scenes first and after that head to the bridge then to the lake. Got it?” he said “Yes sir” the others responded. “By the way Maeri, while the Dongho and the others are busy cleaning up our mess, you and I are going to check out the locations one more time alright?” Baekhyun said and Maeri nodded her head.
            While Dongho and the others were cleaning up, Maeri went with Baekhyun and Jungkook to check out the locations one more time “Is the location this far from our camp site?” Maeri asked “Not really, you’re just not used to walking. You should exercise more often” Jungkook responded and Baekhyun giggled. Maeri rolled her eyes, moments later they arrived at the lake “Wow” Maeri said in awe when she saw the beautiful lake right in front of her “Looks romantic doesn’t it?” Baekhyun asked and Maeri agreed. She was reminded of her hopeless romantic friend, Bora.

After the 1 hour break, Baekhyun told them that they have 30 minutes to prepare and after that, they will start the shoot. Jiyoung was insider her tent along with Hayoung who was helping her with her make-up, “Ever since we got here, I haven’t been able to spend some quality time with Jin-sunbae!” Jiyoung whined “You’re still after sunbae even though it’s already obvious that you’re not the person whom he’s interested in?” Hayoung asked “Shush Hayoung! Sunbae never said anything about being interested in a girl so I still have a chance” said Jiyoung “I don’t think so…” Hayoung mumbled.

Jin changed into his camping clothes and reviewed the script with Jungkook and Baekhyun gave him instructions on what he must do during the tent scene

“Where’s Jiyoung?” Baekhyun asked

“Coming!” Jiyoung responded as she quickly went out of her tent, moments later they started with the shoot.

“They’ve improved ever since the first day of our shoot” Baekhyun said and Maeri agreed but her eyes were on Jin who was looking at Jiyoung passionately and for some reason, Maeri felt a little pain in her chest.

I’M SERIOUS. She remembered Jin's words again, she shook her head wanting that thought and the small pain that she felt in her chest, disappear.
“Stop thinking about that Maeri, you’re not even sure if he’s serious. Guys are never serious. Guys are frivolous especially Kim Seokjin” she said to herself.

“Oi Maeri, what are you standing around there for? We’re heading to the next location” said Baekhyun “Eh? Ah… right” Maeri responded and she quickly helped fix their things and followed the others. They were able to finish shooting the first two scenes quickly since both Jin and Jiyoung seemed to have given their best so that they can finish quickly and have more time to play. They moved to their last location, which was the lake…

Jiyoung’s eyes sparkled when she saw the beautiful lake, “Kyaa~ I can just imagine it! Me and sunbae, in front of the lake under the moonlight and him confessing and the two of us kiss! Kyaaa!” Jiyoung beamed, “Oh you and your delusions” Dongho said as he smacked her head with their script.

“You’ve got one heck of a fan girl there” Youngjae whispered to Jin and Jin didn’t know how to react and just replied with an awkward smile then he turned to Maeri who was talking with Byunghun and Baekhyun.
“Stop staring at her or else she’ll melt” said Jungkook
“I-I’m not!” Jin denied even though he was guilty. Moments later they started with the shoot, Maeri's eyes were on Jin the whole time and even though she wanted to look away, her eyes won’t let her. He was so into his acting that it looked like he was really treating Jiyoung as if she was the person he likes.
“Eh? There’s a kissing scene here?” Dongho whispered to Jungkook, Maeri heard him and she read the script as well “What?!” she quietly proclaimed
“So Jiyoung wasn’t spouting nonsense a while ago, it really is going to happen” Dongho added. Maeri turned to Jin and Jiyoung again and it was already the part where Jin confesses,

“After the confession comes the kiss” Haerin said as she stood next to Maeri, Maeri couldn’t take her eyes off the couple. They looked into each other’s eyes, Jiyoung looked more excited than before, they were leaning forward, their lips almost touching… one more inch and they’re going to kiss. Maeri closed her eyes and clenched her fists, wanting to shout…

“CUT!”