Finale

My Happy Virus
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yes, that ing handsome tall dude is him, Park Chanyeol.

He was my neighbor since I barely remember--since I was born maybe? I've been living in where I live now since Mom and Dad married--and I'm still there now. Even though I only lived with Mom. He moved to another city which I didn't know when we were still in elementary school.

He was a freaking weird fat kid who loves to take his ferret anywhere. Can you believe it? A ferret! Who the hell in this world would like to have a ferret as their pet? Well, that weird guy did.

But--this weird guy is smiling at me now. With that creepy smile.

"Harin! It's been a long time!" He cheerfully asked me.

I gave him a look. "You-- Park-freaking-Chanyeol?"

He just nods happily like a puppy. Ew, something never changed from him. Being weird.

 

School went smooth as usual. Well, if you call being alone all the time with people avoided you and gave you such judging look is smooth, let's call it is then. I never bother to make friends. At least since years ago, when Mom and Dad divorced.

We were a happy family, I suppose. Dad was a CEO of his own small company, and Mom is a beautiful housewife who was very lucky to have him as husband. They used to love each other so much, I can tell from the look they gave to each other every morning when Mom was making breakfast and Dad was preparing to go to work. Was. Things don't work as smooth as we want, are they? So they decided to divorce. And I don't believe there's such thing as happiness in my life.

When they decided to depart, my life practically broke down. Mom was never worked before--what's the use of earning more money if you already had a husband with enough income? But when they're no longer together, Mom started to work her off to provide appropriate living for me and her and she started being cold to me. Dad still sending me an amount of money each month tho', even though I didn't know where he is living anymore. Maybe she found another woman. The frustated look of Mom gave me hints about that thing.

I didn't find a way to be happy then, and my friends started to keep such distance from me. Oh, there's a saying that you're never really knew who is your real friends until you're in a difficult situation. And seems like no one is my real friend. So I never bothered to make friends anymore. And I get used to sit alone in lunchtime.

I was sitting in our school's rooftop to eat lunch as usual. Nobody came here regularly, so I'm comfortable enough to spend my time here.

"Why don't you eat with the others at the cafetaria?"

Park Chanyeol.

"I used to sit alone here," I answered flatly while munching my lunch.

"I'll eat here with you then!" And then he started to unpacked his lunch bag.

Damn.

I regretted to give him any respond.

We're practically spent our lunchtime in silence. He was looking so happy already--how can someone looked so freaking happy all the time!? So I didn't even bothered to ask him anything. Not even a sigh.

And when the bell rang, he packed his belongings and rose up first. "See you when the school is over then, Harin-ah!"

What the hell he meant with it?

 

 

He actually waited for me in the school gate when school is over.

"Let's go home!" He chirped cheerfully. I have no other choice since we're living in the same neighborhood and I don't really like taking bus outside some situations like heavy rain, winter, or when I'm not quite fit.

The walking was spent with another silence. He sometime sang part of some songs I don't know, or nudge my side softly. I kept my straight face all the time until we reached our home.

He stayed behind me when I was unlocking my home's gate. I finally asked him a questione, still with my signature flat tone. "Why are you still here? Aren't we passed your home already?"

Yeah, I still remember which one his home is.

"I'm walking you home, I should see you securely get into your home so I can go home with relieved feeling," he answered while gave me that creepy smile, again.

His answer made me quite flustered.

"Ah, I have to go home early," he said while checking his watch. "I can't watch you until you go inside your home, but I'll watch you tomorrow okay? See you tomorrow at school!"

He ran to his home in a rush.

Wow, I never have someone being so concerned with me before.

 

 

It's been weeks since this Park Chanyeol waits for me in the front gate of my home in the morning before we go to school, accompanies me in silence when we're having lunch in school's rooftop, and walks me home when school ends. Sure it feels annoying at first, but I'm started to feel accustomed with his random presence. After all, he barely nag me with unnecessary questions. He just sang some songs or elbows me softly just to make me look at him.

"Why don't you sit with the others?" After weeks passed by, this was his first question. I looked at him with my confused face.

He chuckled. "You looks really cute when you're confused."

I really didn't know what to say.

"I..." I stutteredly answered him. I don't really know what to say even though I have the answer. "I just don't bother to make friend with people who don't want to do it with me."

"Hmm? Really?"

I stopped munching my lunch. This guy started to annoy the hell out of me.

"Hey, don't get upset," he pokes my right cheek. "I'm just asking, it's okay. That's quite normal answer you had."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter