ii. Choice

Loving in Triangles

"Don't even think of asking me for advice," Kyungsoo says as he opens the door to his apartment for Jongin to enter. Jongin has his brows arching and meeting each other, Kyungsoo continues, "You think I don't know about Sehun and your little affair?"

Jongin looks at the elder as he plops down on the leather couch, exhaling a sigh. He asks, "I suppose Sehun came to you?"

Kyungsoo walks over to the kitchen and answers, "Quite frantically really. Like a little he is."

Jongin only manages to nod his head, he knows Kyungsoo would start babbling to him about infidelity and its consequences. That really was the last thing Jongin needed from the elder as he will be left alone for the week and the stress over work.

The elder takes a seat next to the younger and asks, "Is it true that you're cheating on Soojung with Naeun?"

Jongin looks down to his feet, nodding with shame. He says, "I'm a jerk, an . I know. Soojung deserves better and I things up, I know."

Kyungsoo shrugs, "I wasn't going to say that but I'm glad that you know. It's never too late to end it and fix everything."

The younger shifts his gaze to the male seated next to him, he exhales a sigh, "You don't get it. I love the both of them, they're special to me just as much I am to them."

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes in disgust, "You irk me, Jongin. You wouldn't have chosen Soojung if you still loved Naeun or even vice versa. There shouldn't be a second one if you truly loved the first."

As Jongin is about to reply, his phone vibrates and his caller ringtone starts to play. He fishes it out of his pocket and picks up, "Hello?"

Kyungsoo looks at Jongin the whole time and finally leaves his side as he hears the younger's lips spilling the name of his partner in crime instead of his wife's.

Jongin looks at the clock on Kyungsoo's wall, the hour hand striking eight while the minute hand passes half the hour. Jongin has his lips curling up to a smile, "That's really great, Naeun-ah, but I don't think I can come over tonight. I-I'm sorry."

Kyungsoo's ears perk up at Jongin's statement, he walks back to the living room with a plate of pasta and sits at the earlier spot. Jongin lets out a chuckle that makes Kyungsoo feels sick, Jongin says, "I'll always make time for you. I'll see you soon, Naeun-ah."

The elder mimicks the younger's action as he shoves a forkful of pasta in his mouth. Jongin nods his head, "I love you too," hanging up.

Kyungsoo shoots daggers to Jongin, "You're a real tard."

He rolls his eyes as he steals a bite of the pasta. Jongin replies, "I've acknowleged that, thank you very much," as he swallows down the food in his mouth.

The elder starts complaining, "You're a real . Why do I even bother letting you in my apartment and giving you free food? You're just as pathetic as any other living male in this planet with me excluded."

Jongin leans back on the couch, "It's not like I can control my feelings of liking someone."

Kyungsoo retorts, "Funny that you can control your from ing people senseless."

"You better shut up before I beat the crap out of you," the younger warns, his eyes clouding in anger and somewhat guilt.

Kyungsoo's lips form a devious smirk and he shakes his head, "No, I'm not going to. I'm gonna do everything it takes to annoy the out of you so you know what it's like if Soojung ever finds out or when Naeun finally decides to leave. Have you ever thought of that, Jongin? Imagine if Soojung was carrying your child and she found out, do you think she'll live having a piece of crap like you in her body? Do you really think Naeun loves you? If she truly did, the both of you would've been married instead of being an affair. After all, she was your first love."

Smack, the room echoes as Jongin's hand lands on Kyungsoo's cheeks. Kyungsoo adds oil to the fire, "Come on, is that it? Slapping me won't change anything. You're still cheating on your wife that loves you truly than that girl who is probably just using you. You want to talk about love, Jongin? Try loving yourself before loving others. Then, maybe you wouldn't be as pathetic as you are now."

The younger snarls, "Shut up before I shut you up."

Kyungsoo puts the plate down, "I told you no the first time. Don't you ever think of Soojung? Her feelings? Oh right, if she runs away, there's always that rebound girl. Well, what if Jongin, just what if that rebound girl won't catch you when you fall? What if you lose the moon when you're too busy gazing the stars? Just what if?"

He fists his hair and lets out a growl, he cusses, " you."

Kyungsoo retrieves the plate and replies, "And to you. Do help yourself out, your presence is starting to irk me."

Jongin grabs his jacket and walks out of the apartment, slamming the door shut in the process. He couldn't stand it, being weak under Kyungsoo's judgement. Kyungsoo is speaking the truth and Jongin is just too much of a coward to even admit it. His phone rings again and he looks at the caller ID, Jjung Jjungie.

Jongin picks it up, warmth and sweetness fills his voice, "Hello angel, how are you? Enjoying your night without me to annoy you?"

Her lips escapes a giggle and Jongin feels the wave of guilt rushing over his body even more than before, he interrupts her blabber, "I love you, I really do. Please don't leave me."

Soojung lets out another giggle before questioning his weird behaviour. Jongin ignores it and asks, "Jjung-ah, you won't leave me, would you?" sounding desperate.

She questions if something is wrong or whether Jongin is bothered by something. He doesn't answer her but keeps on saying I love you multiple times. Soojung replies back to him and excuses herself as Jinri calls for her. Jongin exhales a sigh, "I miss you already."

Soojung hums as she agrees and promises to get back early before hanging up. Kyungsoo says, "You feel guilty, yet you do it. Why?"

Jongin flinches at the sudden voice greeting him, he asks, "You're still not over it?" glaring Kyungsoo down.

Kyungsoo snorts, "Do you think I'm that easy? I won't ever get over it and if I can't, imagine Soojung. Will she?"

He replies, "You're a ing ."

Kyungsoo has his arms crossed and leans on the wall, "At least I'm not a tard like you. Wake up, Jongin. You won't last long, she'll find out sooner or later. Drunk or sober, the truth will always unveil itself."

- - - - - -

Jongin rolls around the bed, feeling rather empty without Soojung by his side. He looks at her side of the bed and exhales a sigh. Kyungsoo's sentences keeps repeating itself at the back of his mind, lingering in his ears and due to that, Jongin never got a shut eye. He laid awake the whole night, thinking of possible ways to end it or to avoid Soojung from finding out though, to no success.

His phone beeps and he unlocks it, opening the text he receives from Naeun. The same one, as always.

- - - - - -

Her phone beeps and she smiles excitedly but it fades as she reads the reply.

Good day, Naeun-ah. I'm sorry, but I don't think I can come over tonight. I'm really sorry. ㅡ J.

Her lips form a pout, but her mind reassures that he is probably too busy with work to spend time with her. The nurse in-charge pokes her head in her office and asks, "Are you ready for patients, Dr. Son?"

Naeun puts aside her phone and nods her head, smiling, "Sure, send them in."

As her first patient enters, her phone vibrates against the table. She ignores it and tends to the patient, greeting her. Finishing the patients examination, she concludes, "Your baby and you are in great conditions which is really good. I suppose you took good care of yourself. You would start lactacting soon so I hope that you take care of your eating habits."

The patient nods her head and thanks her before walking out of the room. Naeun unlocks her phone and opens the new text message.

Could you meet me for lunch tomorrow? ㅡ J.

Naeun smiles to herself as she types a yes, her fingers running over her phone screen.

- - - - - -

Jinri exhales a sigh, "You're really lucky, Jjung. At least Jongin loves you all his heart and always checks up on you."

Soojung chuckles, "He doesn't check up on me," and in that exact moment, her phone beeps, signalling a receive of a new text message.

Jinri sees the caller ID and says, "See? I told you he cares for you an awful lot."

Jjungie, are you eating well? How's Jinri? Sehun's really isn't coping well but don't tell that to her. I love you. Xx.

Soojung answers, "It's not just me he's checking up on," showing the phone screen to Jinri for her to read the text.

Jinri rereads the line where Sehun's name is mentioned, she asks, "What does he mean by Sehun isn't coping well?"

Soojung looks at her and shrugs, "I don't know, maybe he really isn't coping well?"

Their food arrives and Soojung suddenly feels nauseous, Jinri blinks, "You okay?"

She chuckles as she nods her head, "I think the ferry ride yesterday finally took it's toll on me," taking the glass of plain water and drinks it down.

Jinri shakes her head as she looks at Soojung, "I told you we could've just took the airplane instead."

She grins wide before reassuring, "Don't worry, I'm good. Seasick is just something that I have to get over with."