i. Caught

Loving in Triangles

Jongin wraps his arms around her waist, not letting her go as he kisses her shoulder. Soojung tries to free herself from his grip but to no avail, she whines, "Jongin-ah, I need to get ready."

Jongin pulls her closer to his side as he groans, "Five more minutes."

She turns herself around, facing him and kisses his lips. She meekly smiles, "As much as I love you, I am also gay for money."

Jongin lets out a low growl as he frees her from his grasp, Soojung giggles as she makes way to the bathroom. Jongin grabs his phone as he hears it beeping, he unlocks it and reads the new text message.

Morning, Jonginnie! Have a wonderful day ahead and miss me. ㅡ N.

Jongin smiles to himself as his fingers ghost over his screen, tapping his reply. Soojung walks out and asks, "Will you be home late?"

Jongin shrugs his shoulders, "I don't know yet. I'll text you if anything, like always," smiling.

Soojung looks at him, "You know that I'm leaving tomorrow, right?"

He nods his head as his lips forms a pout, "I still can't believe you're leaving me for a week."

She looks at herself in the mirror and chuckles, "I promise to try and get back early. I wouldn't want Kyungsoo to complain about you raiding his fridge."

Jongin shakes his head as he crosses his arms, "No, not try. You will get back early. You can't honestly want to leave me alone for a week, do you?" raising a brow.

Soojung chuckles at his little tantrum and replies, "Why? It's not like you'll cheat on me when I'm gone, would you?"

Jongin looks at her reflection on the mirror, she finally turns around and looks at him, repeating, "Would you?"

He shrugs his shoulders, "Maybe I'd go gay for Kyungsoo's food," chuckling as he tries to get rid of the guilt that coils in the pit of his stomach. He doesn't consider that he is cheating on Soojung because he loves her just as much but at times, he'd just remember that girl who hides in his past memories long before Soojung came into his life and he'd live in his memories all over again.

Soojung walks over to him and pecks a kiss on his cheeks, "I'll see you for dinner?"

Jongin pulls her wrist before she walks away and leans in to her face, kissing her lips and backing away as he says, "I love you."

She grabs her bag and smiles, walking out of their bedroom. She replies, "I love you too, Jongin-ah." The door clicks and Jongin is left alone in their apartment. The silence reforms the guilt in his body all over again and he throws his phone aside as it beeps. He just doesn't know anymore.

- - - - - -

Soojung greets Jinri with a smile, Jinri replies back and says, "Someone's in a good mood. What did your husband do?"

Her soft lips escapes a chuckle. Shaking her head, Soojung answers, "He did nothing, what's so wrong of seeing me in a good mood?"

Jinri looks back to the screen of her notebook, "How often do we get to see Miss Jung smiling, everyone?" shooting the question to their workers. Soft mumbles of "rarely" and "depends" fills up the room, Jinri shoots a look to Soojung and continues, "Satisfied?"

Soojung rolls her eyes, "You are such a . Sehun should stop spoiling you," looking over the girl's shoulder and the presentation the both of them are working on.

Jinri laughs, "That's a real big joke, Jjung."

She hears the strain in the woman's voice, Soojung asks, "Jin, what's wrong?"

Jinri looks at her, shaking her head, "It's nothing really. I just really need a get-away and I can't wait for tomorrow."

Soojung looks at her worriedly, "You don't sound like it's totally nothing. What happened?"

- - - - - -

Jongin enters the meeting room only to be greeted with an angry Sehun throwing papers of documents to the faces of their workers as he screams in frustration. Jongin swallows his saliva, wondering what could have snapped his best friend so badly.

Sehun sees Jongin and snarls, "What took you so long, ?"

He retorts, "I didn't know you had a temper that needed me to be here early."

Sehun slams the table and growls, "Everyone out!" The staffs takes all their belongings and the scattered papers as they scurry out of the meeting room.

Jongin rests his elbow on the table and his chin on his hand, "Now, tell me. What made our Sehunnie mad?"

Sehun pulls the chair and sits down, leaning his back on the leather chair yet he feels uncomfortable no matter how plump it is. He looks at Jongin, "She found out."

That exact one sentence sends Jongin spiralling from his train of thoughts and he tries to regain himself. He knows what Sehun is implying on yet he asks, "Found out what?"

The latter sends daggers to Jongin, "Don't play dumb."

He nods as he leans back in his chair and asks, "How?"

"Just a slip of my mouth," Sehun fists his hair and continues, "Not to mention, his phonecall at the middle of the night."

Jongin looks at him and asks, "He called?"

Sehun nods his head, "I was drunk and he just wanted to make sure I was home okay and she started being a and asked why did he care and other stuff."

Jongin starts tracing shapes on the mahogany table and replies, "What about the slip of your mouth?" as his eyes trail to Sehun.

Sehun stands up and slams the wall, the anger and frustration building up again as he recalls his little mistake. He answers, "I told you. I was drunk and I missed him a hell lot so I called his name instead and she started throwing hits at me while sobbing."

Jongin looks at him and asks, "What now?"

Sehun starts pacing back and forth as he says, "What do you mean what now? It's obvious she wants me to choose, that's why she's going on a trip with Soojung." Sehun stops his steps and looks at Jongin, "She doesn't know, does she?"

His brows furrow in confusion, "About what? You or me?"

Sehun walks over to Jongin, "About you. To be specific, about Naeun and you. Soojung doesn't know, does she?"

Jongin shakes his head,"No, but I have a feeling she's bound to find out. I'm sure Jinri would tell her to check my phone or something."

Sehun looks at him, "If she does find out, what would you do? I mean, if it was a guy, she wouldn't freak out really but it's a girl and she's your first love."

Jongin doesn't answer, he isn't sure of what he will do. After all, Sehun does makes a point. The both of them are two different people, one too pure and another too wild. One from his past and another that will spend his futures with him. He loves them both and he really doesn't know what he'll do. Jongin looks at Sehun and shrugs his shoulder, "I don't know, I just hope she doesn't find out."