i: The First Five Minutes

Second To None
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Member number twelve, welcome. Welcome to the 71st labyrinth." Silence replaces the eerie atmosphere of the gray void that will hold lost hopes and failed efforts. "Today, we witness the 1946th War of Eighty. Welcome, twenty-year-olds to Labyrinth Number 71. This labyrinth is not as it seems, there are secrets to be revealed and friendships to be ruined. Labyrinth Number 71, the bond-breaker. You have been given powers by the sacred Tree of Life. Use it well. Twelve members in this labyrinth, one must survive. To survive, you must find, not the exit, but the middle. Good luck, twelve members. Kill or be killed."

"Kill or be killed?" A deep voice shouts, resonating into the ears of the other eleven boys. Silence takes over again, becoming too familiar. A strange, buzzing sound fills the maze and a few of the members cover their ears. The trembling sound goes on for about a minute and disappears. Tattoos, on the back of their hands appear. These represent the powers that they have acquired from the Tree of Life. 

The members walk around the labyrinth. 

Do Kyungsoo, from unit leden finds himself in a closed chamber with one door. He feels the rough walls of the chamber and breathes in deeply, trying to calm himself. He grips his hands tightly and closes his eyes. "Ma, help me get through this." He tries to push the air, in hopes that fire or water will burst out of his palms. In contrast to his expectations, nothing comes out. He takes a deep breath and blows a puff of air-- no strong gust. He stays silent while staring at the tattoo. "This looks like a beast", he says as he lets his fingers linger across the print. He shouts-- no shock waves. He shouts again and again.

Kim Jongdae, a member from unit zari becomes startled by the noise he hears a few meters away. "Must be his power then", he thinks as he stares at the distance. He could hear Do Kyungsoo shouting again and again. Fear takes Jongdae by the hand and slams him into the ground. He feels the sandy ground and lets out a single teardrop. He looks at the emblem with anger and disgust. "How can a weird-shaped 'S' help me get through this?!" He whispers. The lights above him start to flicker. His pulse speeds up again. "No!", he screams. The lights shut off.

Park Chanyeol jumps at the shriek he heard from the distance. At that moment, his hands started burning. It didn't hurt, but it kept on emitting some sort of comfort. The flame burns stronger as he concentrates. He gasps as his palms release a huge tornado-shaped blaze. He screams for help but the flame doesn't seem like it would come out. He runs all over the place, bumping into the walls of the labyrinth. He clenches his fists and the fire retreats back into his palms. He gasps for air, "Woah." He opens his right hand and aims at a wall, fire rebounds. 

In the dark void that he was trapped in, Lu Han finds himself staring in awe at the fire balls flying through the air. "Fire", he whispers. "I wonder what m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter