There you go, falling

Intoxicated

o·bliv·i·on (noun): The condition or quality of being completely forgotten or disregarded.

_______________________________________________________________________

“Young Saeng ah, I know that you have been in the Leo Entertainment since your debut and had been instrumental in making the company one of the top in the industry but I’m afraid we are unable to renew your contract”, it was obvious that the director was trying to avert Young Saeng's gaze. 

“It’s okay, I understand”, Young Saeng only replied with these words as he got up to leave the company. He did not want to waste time trying to argue or convince the director to renew his contract because he knew that it was futile. After all, he already knew the decision even before he stepped into the building but he just wanted to try. For the first time, Young Saeng decided to take the stairs down instead of taking the lift. He wanted to take a last look around the place. Those memories... the tears he shed as a trainee, the countless nights he spent practicing for concerts, the pride when he was interviewed as a Hallyu star... The practice room he spent his entire youth was now locked up, not even permitting him to take a last peek to keep it in his memories. It was probably the last time he was going to be inside the company, the place which the director once told him to regard as his home.  What a joke, he thought to himself as he wondered how naïve he was when he believed that the company was truly a home, his sanctuary. Young Saeng took a deep breath to convince himself to just leave when the vending machine on the 2nd floor refused to dispense his favourite lemon water. Nothing was going his way and even the vending machine did not want to cooperate. Young Saeng wanted to kick the machine in frustration but instead, a silent tear ran down his cheeks. Wiping it away, he looked around to check if there was anyone nearby who saw him tearing. There was no one there. No one was sending him off on his last day. 

Isn’t that Eun-seo and Ji-min? Oh… Young Saeng had just walked out of the company and noticed the pair. He had just raised his hand to catch their attention when he awkwardly dropped it. They were right in front of him, holding a LED light board with the words “Forever loving Yoa” glowing brightly while the Yoa members worked past him without even casting a side glance. Yoa was the latest 5 member boy band that debuted under his ex-agency last year and was now enjoying immense popularity. He was the one who helped train Yoa vocally for their debut. And they could not even afford him a glance, much more a greeting now? Young Saeng could not decide what was more tragic- the people he once groomed were now oblivious to his presence or that fans who promised would love him forever now threw only an awkward glance to each other before chasing their new love as if he had never appeared. Eun-seo and Ji-min were his fans. Once upon a time, they were holding light boards, screaming his name and promising to be with him forever. Forever… In an industry which you could be at the top with thousands proclaiming their love to you at one moment and be completely disregarded the next, what does forever mean? His name, Young Saeng, meant forever but since there's no such thing as forever what was he? Young Saeng doesn't know. Nor does he know how fans could be so frivolous. He could still remember how the pair would attend all of his events and upload the pictures onto his fansite they managed together. The fansite was shut down several months ago. Young Saeng could only laugh bitterly to himself as he recalled the days Eun-seo and Ji-min would scream "Young Saeng oppa, we will love you forever!" only to witness them screaming the words to a different artist now.

Young Saeng was very tired. He was stuck, alone, in a world where nothing is real. Young Saeng needed to get home fast before his emotions got the better of him. All he could feel was confusion.

Young Saeng was already feeling lost and stranded but it's only the beginning of the game. 

Can he last?

 

__________

@drunken_luv: Ultra short introduction chapter. Wanted to write longer to descibe his predictment but...its too sad just imagining it so I decided to stop here TT.TT Comments please ^^