CH # 3

Miracle in December : Time Machine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6 years ago...

 

It was Christmas day, the snow falling softly, blows by the wind and touch the groud. Chanyeol smiling upon seeing that. He divert his attention to the pedestrian who walking on the streets. He checking his wristwatch and cellphone, every minutes, hours and not forget to mention, he keep dialing and texting his girlfriend, asking about her whereabout, now it’s already night at 8 PM.

“Oh, my God!”,

Chanyeol turn his head to his left, a girl who just come out from the cafe, struggling with her coffee, books and umbrella.

“Here, let me help you..”, Chanyeol said, makes the girl look at him and smiling.

“Can you please hold my coffee and my books?”, she asked.

Chanyeol nodded and hold the girl’s stuff, allowing her to open her umbrella. She laughs and look at Chanyeol. “Thank you so much..”, she thanked and take her things from Chanyeol.

“No, it’s nothing..”, he replied.

The girl smiling brightly and divert her attention to the big white teddy bear on the floor. “Is that yours?”, she asked.

Chanyeol look at the teddy bear he bought and nodded. “Yup!”, he answered.

“So, you are waiting for your girlfriend then?”, she asked. Chanyeol chuckles and nodded. The girl smiling teasingly, “Good luck! I’m sure she will likes it..”, she added.

“Really?”, Chanyeol asked.

She nodded. “All girls like teddy bear..”, she answered. Chanyeol feel more confident after heard that. “Got to go. Thank you again..”, she thanked and waving her hands, bid a goodbye before she climbing down the stairs.

Chanyeol stares at her, until she get into the taxi. She look at him and waving her hands again. Chanyeol smiling brightly and waving his hand too. The taxi depart leaving him, alone again. “Girls like teddy bear..”, he repeat and nodded.

Hours passed, Chanyeol stares at the melting snow on the cafe’s stairs. It’s just like his heart. His cellphone beeped, Chanyeol take out his cellphone and read the message that he got from Suho. Telling him that his girlfriend is at their dorm.

Chanyeol frowning and running along the streets. He totally forgot about the teddy bear. He just thought of his girlfriend, for now.

 

“What should we do?”, Chen asked as he peeking at the outside between the curtain. “She still here, but Chanyeol isn’t..”, he added.

“Have you told him?”, Xiumin asked as he approach Chen and peeking outside.

“Yeah.. He maybe on his way..”, Suho answered.

Kai climbing down the stairs and glances at them who standing at the window. “What are you guys doing?”, he asked and entering the kitchen. Suho eyeing Kai who ate the tteobokki that Dyo cooking.

“Chanyeol’s girlfriend, is here..”, said Suho. Kai look at him with his eyebrow raise up. “Yeah, you heard it clearly, Chanyeol’s girlfriend..”, he repeat.

“What is she doing here? Isn’t they promise to meet?”, Kai asked.

“How should I know that?”, Suho whined.

“Yeah, you don’t know anything.”, Kai mocking. Suho glares at him. Dyo look at Kai who keep eating the tteobokki.

“How was it?”, he asked.

“Great!”, Kai said and walk out from the kitchen.

“I take that as a compliment!”, Dyo shouts, Kai chuckles and approach Chen and Xiumin. Sehun stop playing video games and get up from his seat.

“Yah! It’s not over yet!”, Baekhyun shouts, frustrated when Sehun just paused the game. Sehun ignore him and entering the kitchen.

“Is it already cooked?”, Sehun asked Dyo. Suho scoffs when heard that since he haven’t eat anything yet. Dyo nodded and give Sehun a taste.

“What is she doing here?”, Kai wonder.

“I don’t know. Maybe she didn’t meet with Chanyeol as promise?”, Xiumin said. Chen and Kai stares at Xiumin.

“That’s make sense. She didn’t met with him and she come here..”, Chen said.

“No. She can texting or calling Chanyeol..”, Kai said as the matter of fact. Xiumin and Chen look at each other.

“Phone off..”, Chen said.

“Naahh~ Suho texting him just now, and yes, his cellphone is on...maybe all the time..”, Baekhyun interupt.

“We can’t let her get inside, this is dorm. Not a house.”, Sehun said as he approaching Baekhyun with a bowl of tteobokki.

“You..”, Xiumin said as he look at Kai.

“What?”, Kai asked.

“Go, outside. Tell her that Chanyeol is not here..”, Xiumin ordered. Kai blinks and laughs in disbelief.

“Me? Why me?”, he questioned.

“I don’t know. You’re the one who know introduces this girl to Chanyeol and why don’t you go, meet her and telling her to go..”, Xiumin said.

Chen laughs hard at the part where Xiumin said to tell her to go, he thought that Xiumin will say that to give the girl get inside the dorm and keep her warm.

“Go! She must be cold right now..”, Chen said.

 

The girl raise her face when heard the door opens. Kai walk out wearing thick clothes and approaches the girl. She’s smiling brightly and shaking a little.

“Yah.. What are you doing here?”, Kai asked.

“Hi..”, the girl greets.

“You shouldn’t be here. This is, boys dorm..”, Kai said. Ignoring her greets.

“I know..”, she replied.

“Then, what are you doing here? Chanyeol told us that you will meet up with him.. He’s not back yet..”, Kai said.

“I know..”, she replied. Kai blinks and turned around, look at his friends who peeking from the curtain. Kai divert his attention to the girl again.

“Then? Why are you here?”, Kai asked.

“I..broke up with Chanyeol..”, the girl said. Kai stop moving as he heard that. “I’m the one who want to broke up with him..”, she  repeat.

“Where is he now?”, Kai asked.

“I don’t know. I, haven’t meet him today..”, she answered.

“But he’s waiting for you!”, Kai said as the matter of fact. They know how much Chanyeol love this girl but...

“I know.. He will keep waiting and waiting for me. But I can’t wait anymore..”, she replied.

“What do you mean by that? Who are you waiting for?”, Kai asked.

The girl approach Kai and wrapped her arms around Kai’s waist, hug him tightly. Kai frozed, he’s confused. “I’m waiting for you, Kai. You. It’s always you who I love..”, she confessed.

Meanwhile, them who peeking from the curtain jaw-dropped when witnessing that. “What are they doing?”, Baekhyun questioned.

“What happen?”, Suho wonder.

“Oh, my God..”, Xiumin sighs and shook his head. Chen look at Xiumin. “I shouldn’t sent him out to meet her..”, he added.

“Not you, but us..”, Chen whispered.

“Chanyeol!”, Dyo shouts when saw Chanyeol at the outside. All eyes looking for Chanyeol and some of them look at Kai.

Chanyeol panting out of breath just to watch his girlfriend hugging with his bestfriend, Kai. He dropped his cellphone with his girlfriend’s text still on-screen. He has been reading that on his way back to the dorm. He don’t want to broke up with her and he want to know the reason why. Guess, what?

Chanyeol got his answer.

Kai pushing the girl harder and make her fell on the floor. “What are you thinking you’re doing?!”, Kai scolds.

The girl in confused. “You what?! Love me?! Do you even know what ‘LOVE’ meaning is?!”, he scolds.

“I know! I know what love is, that’s why I choose to be with you!”, the girl replied, desperately.

“No. You don’t know. If you know what love is, you won’t betrayed his’s..”, Kai scolds. Disappointed. “I’m glad that you broke up with him..”, he added. The girl look up at Kai as he said that.

Chanyeol just stares at Kai.

“You know why? Because...you doesn’t deserve his love. So, leave. Don’t show your face infront of me again..”, Kai hissed and turned around but stop when saw Chanyeol.

Chanyeol smiling with his teary eyes. Kai heaved a sighs, “Are you going to stand there all night?”, Kai shouts. The girl divert her attention and shock when saw Chanyeol. “Come inside, you rascal. Dyo cooked us tteobokki..”, he added. Chanyeol laughs and walking to their dorm.

The girl get up on her feet as Chanyeol approach, but Chanyeol just walking pass her. She look up and stares at Chanyeol’s back.

“Oppa..”, she called.

Kai glares at the girl, Chanyeol stop his step when she called that. “Come inside..”, Kai urge and pushing Chanyeol inside the dorm.

“Chanyeol oppa!”, she shouts. “I’m sorry..”, she apologizes but Kai already shut the door. The girl crying hard, regretting her choices.

 

Since that day until now, Chanyeol refused to falling in love again. He didn’t take any relationship seriously but that make Suho and the others worried about him. Chanyeol always spent his time with Kai, the player, Sehun, also the player and Baekhyun will sometime, tagged along with them.

 

Present day...

 

Everything already past but Suho still concerned about it.

“Joonmyun-ah..”.

Suho raise his face and turn his head, look at the door. “Yes, mom?”, he asked and get up from his seat.

“Dinner is ready.. Call your brother, okay?”, said Mrs Kim. Suho open wide the door and smiling at his mother.

“Yes, mom..”, he answered and nodded.

Mrs Kim climbing downstairs. Suho let out sighs as he thinking about Kai and step out from his bedroom.

Kai, in his room, staring blankly at the ceiling. Knocks on the door, divert his attention. “Who?”, Kai asked.

“It’s me, Jongin-ah..”, Suho answered. Kai scowls and rolled his eyes, annoyed. He turn his body to his side, back-facing the door. “Dinner is ready. Come downstairs, okay?”, Suho added.

He’s waiting for Kai’s reply but none. Kai ignored him. “Jongin-ah.. Are you listening to me?”, Suho asked, still no respond.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter