CH # 1 : Prologue

Miracle in December : Time Machine
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6 Years ago

 

#New York City

 

“Yifan, wake up..”, Mrs Wu woke up her 14 years old son who deep in sleep after hours in flight from China. Wu Yifan who also known as Kris, open his eyes and blinks before turn his attention to the window. “It’s New York..”, Mrs Wu added with smile on her lips. Kris just staring at the tall building with sleepy eyes. He having bad mood. He don’t like come to Seoul because he had plan for his Summer Holiday with his friends but his parent take him to this city.

“What so good about this city?”, Kris mumbles.

Mr Wu sighed. “Cheer up, dear. It’s your cousin wedding. You should show them your bright look, not ‘that’ icy look..”, Mrs Wu nagging.

Kris rolled his eyes. “I have better plan than this though..”, he replied.

“What? Going to the beach? Swimming with your girlfriend?”, Mrs Wu mocking, feel annoyed with her son.

“Ex-girlfriend..”, Kris corrected.

“You should think outside the box on this matter Yifan.. New York is not a bad city though..”, Mrs Wu said.

“Who know, maybe you found new girl here..”, Mr Wu teasing, make Mrs Wu chuckles and agree with her husband. Kris scoffs in disbelief. Kris divert his attention to his cellphone and typing a message before send it to his friend.

 

#Beijing, CHINA.

 

Cellphone vibrated. He walking to his desk and taking his cellphone. He let out chuckles as he read the message he received and put his cellphone back on the desk without reply the text.

-

From : YiFan

Han, NY ! Never think to come here

-

Luhan stooped down, pick up his football as his father open wide his bedroom door. “Lu.. Tell me what the meaning of this?!”, his father scolds. Luhan confused and divert his attention to the paper in his father grip.

His doe eyes widened. It’s his exam paper with grade G on it. “You failed again?! Why did you hide this?!”, his father scold.

“Dad.. I can explain..”, Luhan plead.

“Explain? There is nothing I want to hear from you! Your mother spoiled you too much! Where is the others?”, Mr Xi inquiries.

“What the others?”, Luhan asked.

“Your exam paper! I want to see other subject result!”, Mr Xi shouts.

“I.. I don’t know..”, he lied. The fact that Luhan burnt everything so his father won’t found it.

“You don’t know? Yeah, right. I have no choices.. You never listen to me and keep failing in your study! What are you trying to show me, Lu?! That I’m not a good father?!”, Mr Xi scolds.

“It’s nothing to do with that!”, Luhan denied.

Mr Xi heaved a deep breath. “You leave.”, he said. Luhan frowning as he heard that. “Go stay with your mother..”, he added.

“What? You mean, stay at..Korea?! Dad, I love being here!”, Luhan protest.

“No. There is no excused. I will informed your mother about this..”, Mr Xi decided and walk out from Luhan’s bedroom.

Luhan stares at the floor. He bit his lower lips and kicking his football to the wall, out of frustration and sit on his bed. He grabbing his hairs – he is in troubled.

 

#Seoul, S.KOREA – MangoSix Cafe

 

The doorbell rings as a girl wearing flower dress, walk in to the cafe. Her eyes wander, looking for someone whome she missed so much.

“Sooyoung! Here!”,

Sooyoung turn her head and smiling brightly when saw her older brother, Siwon. His dimples showing as he smiling, that was what she missed so much, his smile. She walking approaching Siwon and greets him.

“Good morning, oppa..”, greets Sooyoung.

“Good morning, dear.. Have a seat..”, Siwon invited. Sooyoung chuckles and settle down in front of Siwon.

“So, what make you want to meet me this morning?”, Sooyoung asked and put her handbag at the empty chair beside her.

“Why? Now, I can’t meet with my own sister?”, Siwon questioned, playfully. Sooyoung chuckles and shook her head.

“Nope! But it’s just... I feel something different..”, Sooyoung said. The waiter approaches and taking Sooyoung’s order for brunch.

As the waiter left, they back to their conversation. “How is college life?”, Siwon asked. Sooyoung shruggs her shoulder.

“Great. How is yours business life..?”, Sooyoung turn to asked.

“Fine but you won’t understand if we talk about that..”, Siwon replied and smiling, showing off his dimples.

“So, you calling me because there is something you want to talk about?”, Sooyoung guessed. Siwon look at Sooyoung and scoffs.

“Oh..you caught me..”, Siwon said.

Sooyoung laughs at Siwon’s remark. “Spill it out..”, she said. Siwon exhaled a deep breath, hesitate to talk about his matter with his younger sister. Sooyoung waiting.

“It’s about me..”, Siwon said.

“What about you?”, Sooyoung asked.

“I..have planned to get married next year..”, Siwon blurted. Sooyoung’s eyes widened when she heard that and smiling brightly.

“That’s a good news! Mom and dad would be happy when they heard about this!”, Sooyoung exclaimed. Siwon smile at his sister’s reaction. “So, what make you look in trouble?”, she asked.

Siwon silence.

“Omo! No way..did Sica rejected your proposal?”, Sooyoung asked. Siwon frowning and shook his head.

“No. No. No..”, Siwon shook his head.

“She accepted you? Did she say YES?”, Sooyoung asked, excited.

“No. Not like that..”, Siwon denied.

Sooyoung tilt her head, confused, “Then what? She didn’t rejected you or even accepted you.. Then what’s the problem?”, Sooyoung asked.

“Yes, I’d planned to get married next year.. But not with Jessica..”, said Siwon. Sooyoung raise her eyebrows.

“What?”, she questioned. “Then, with who?”.

“My girlfriend..”, Siwon answered.

“Yeah, your girlfriend is Jessica. That’s what I know.. You told me. Both of you told me..”, said Sooyoung.

“To be honest, Jessica is not my girlfriend. She is my GIRL friend, but not in romantic way..”, Siwon tried to explained.

“Both of you lied to me?”, Sooyoung said with stern tone. She cleched her hands into fists and gritted her teeth, feeling annoyed. The waiter comes and serve Sooyoung’s brunch meal.

“I’m sorry.. I am really sorry.. It’s not Jessica’s fault. She just..help me since I, always helping her..”, Siwon explained. “She said that she already told you the ‘truth’ about this but it’s just you who didn’t take it seriously.. So, it’s not her fault, right?”, he added.

Sooyoung scoffs as she recalling when Jessica ‘telling’ her the truth but she can’t remember of anything. “So, what is your relationship with Jessica?”, she questioned.

“She’s my bestfriend..”, Siwon answered.

“So..who..who is your real girlfriend?”, Sooyoung questioned.

“Her friend..”, Siwon answered.

Sooyoung frowning and blinks. “Jessica’s friend?”, she questioned. Siwon just stares at Sooyoung while Sooyoung recalling all Jessica’s friend but there is only one. Sooyoung glares at Siwon as she know who.

“No way. You don’t mean ‘her’, right?”, Sooyoung questioned.

Siwon sighs, “It’s her. You’re right. Jessica only has one bestfriend and yes, it’s her..”, Siwon admitted.

“Wha- WHAT?! NO!”, Sooyoung shouts. Siwon sighs, he know this will be happen. Sooyoung will scolds him for falling in love with Jessica’s bestfriend, Kim Taeyeon. Why Sooyoung don’t like her, because of her job.

 

#GangNam Police Station

 

“Good morning! Annyeong hasaeyo!”, Taeyeon smile brightly and greets her senior. “Have a nice day!”, she added.

Taeyeon is, rookie detective at GPS. Despite her height and her petite body, Taeyeon has a strong passion to be detective since young. It’s her childhood dream. When asked the reason why she want to be detective, she always say that it’s her dream and since young, her younger brother bullied by other students who bigger that her younger brother.

And..she can’t do anything about it other than protect her brother even though she got beaten too. She want to protect weak people.

“Like who?”,

“You..”, Taeyeon answered as she look at her labelmate, who is new detective just like her, Seolong.

“Me? Hahahahaha! Why me? I can’t take care of myself!”, Seolong protest.

“Eyy~”, Taeyeon protest as she smiling teasingly. “Look at yourself, you’re too skinny.. I’m worry that wind will take you away..”, she mocking.

Their seniors burst out laughter at Taeyeon’s remarks. Seolong scoffs and embarrassed when people talk about his body. He didn’t say anything. Taeyeon glances at Seolong and smiling.

“It’s a joked. Don’t take it seriously..”, Taeyeon said as she nudging Seolong’s arm. He glares at her and making annoyed face.

“Stay away from me.”, he warned.

“You know you have a charms too..”, Taeyeon added and look away. She keep smiling to their senior and bowing.

“What?”, Seolong questioned.

“Your height..”, Taeyeon answered without looking at him. Seolong frowned, don’t understand with what Taeyeon meant. “All girls admired tall guy..”, she added.

Seolong raise his eyebrows, feel great all of sudden. “Really? How do you know?”, Seolong asked.

“Because I’m a girl. I know..”, Taeyon said, proudly.

“You are girl?”, Seolong emphasized. Taeyeon blinks as she stares at Seolong, thinking what kind of questioned is that. Of course she’s a girl. Isn’t that obvious??

“I thought that you’re little boy until now..”, Seolong mocking and smirks.

Taeyeon scoffs, in disbelief. She about to scolds Seolong but their team leader approaches and call them in to the meeting room.

“Ladies first..”, Seolong said with mocking tone.

“Thank you, how gentleman you are..”, Taeyeon hissed and stop her step when Seolong walking pass her. She gritted her teeth and stomping to the meeting room. “Ladies first, my !”, she cursed under her breath while Seolong smirking.

 

#MangoSix Cafe

 

“Why her? WHY?!!”, Sooyoung scolds. Siwon look at the other customers and smiling apologizes about Sooyoung’s acts.

“You can’t be with her? She i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter