Her Gaze - Baekhyun's POV

From The Gaze

 

It had been a week.

 

It had been a week since I crushed my lips onto that man's lips.

 

And it had been a week, Luhan and Kyungsoo kept laughing at me. I didn't know why on earth I would ever have a thought to crush my own precious plump pink lips on a stranger's lips. His round eyes became wide but then it closed - his lips were capturing mine as it was returning a favor. I could never forget the poker face of that man when I withdrawn myself from the sudden kiss - he smiled and patted my head.

"Try again, kiddo."

Kiddo....

"KIDDO ! WHO'S THE HECK HE THINKS HE IS ?" Kyungsoo and Luhan shrieked, they woke up from their bed and looked at me. Their long hair swept their face when they looked down from their double decker bed - both of them took the upper part of the beds. Me and Kyungsoo were the owner of the bed on the left side of the room when Luhan took the right side - she didn't have a bedmate, and three of us used the lower bed as a place to sit, more to a couch-like bed.

"Damn, Baekhyun ! Why was you shouting in your dreams ? I'm trying to sleep here." Luhan tied her hair and sit-crossed.

"Yeah." Kyungsoo put her white hairband on her head - revealing her face in the dim light. I grinned before waking up from my bed and sat on the other bunk across my bed.

"I'm sorry - but I've been dreaming the same nightmare."

 

"I think you are overthinking, sis." Luhan climbed down her bed and carried a big yellow Larva doll with her - she joined me on the bunk. Kyungsoo followed Luhan's action and she took her place on my left. I shrugged my shoulders and slowly I cried.

"Obviously I was rejected. ON MY FACE."

"He is mean - but he's not to blame though. You went out and attacked him with your lips. Maybe he was shocked." Luhan pouted and rested her head on my shoulder, while Kyungsoo wrapped her arms on my shoulders and shook her head. Kyungsoo let out a chuckle and grinned.

"Are you sure that he rejected you ? If he is, he wouldn't kiss you as he would like to eat your lips." Luhan and me looked at Kyungsoo.

"Hahahaha so funny, Kyungsoo." I rolled my eyes.

"Try me. I'm not joking."

"Oh yeah?" I smiled.

"Come to my office tomorrow - I think he's going to be there."

"I smell revenge." Luhan grinned when Kyungsoo raised her eyebrows.

 

"Isn't revenge sweet ?" Kyungsoo smiled.

 

And here I am - with a pair of black skinny jeans, a white laced dress, a pair of black heeled boots, a messy bun and fringes covering my forehead. Luhan walked her steps to me and both of us were standing in front of a studio - Miracles. Kyungsoo worked here in Jongdae's stylist team and she wasn't pleased when she saw both of us were staring blankly at the glass door. Kyungsoo made her way out of the building.

"Luhan, I thought I told you that she have to wear black bra under that thin white lacy dress."

"Yeah, somebody forgot to tell me." I rolled my eyes and looked at Kyungsoo when she suddenly smiled.

"Today, lady luck is with us. Chanyeol lacks his model this time." Kyungsoo grinned with an evil glint in her eyes and motioned us to get inside the studio, while she walked to Jongdae's room. Few minutes later, Jongdae walked out from his office and joined Luhan and me at the sitting corner. Jongdae looked at few papers and nodded.

"Perfect. Welcome to the company, Baekhyun-shi and Luhan-shi." Killing two birds with a stone wouldn't be hard when you have the right strategy - am I right ?

"Thank you, Jongdae-shi."

"Aww, don't be formal with me. Just call me Jongdae. Oh, by the way, I think you girls have to take few shoots today." Jongdae looked at Kyungsoo who was smiling in victory. 

 

"Yes, let me show you the area." Luhan followed Jongdae and Kyungsoo towards the set and leaving me behind. 

Would it be love ?

-Park Chanyeol-

 

My eyes were fixed to the little captions underneath the pictures. I wandered around the hall and looked at the pictures hanged on the big, white wall - every pictures taken was telling their own story. A picture of a mother cradling her baby, the happy glints in her eyes were captured perfectly in the frame. A pair of love birds, washing themselves in the water, the water droplets and the ripples in the big Greece-carved fountain giving me joy even when I was looking at the pictures.

Love - the theme of the display wall is pure love. 

Cliche.

He rejected you before - yes, please bury it in your mind, Byun Baekhyun.

"Jerk."

Luhan walked in hurry towards me with Kyungsoo. Both of them seemed furious and worried - did I do something wrong again ? Crossing my fingers, I smiled at them and I was greeted by Luhan's tears.

"Sis, what's wrong ?"

"Look, I can explain." Kyungsoo and her stern voice - nope. She's totally melted when Luhan cried.

"Apparently, Sehun the badass is in your secret crush's team and guess what ? Your said crush is absent today, yeay." Luhan wailed.

"You meant, that cold Oh Sehun with rainbow hair ? Kyungsoo ?"

"Look, I never knew that he worked with that lanky giant, but for once, could you just ignore him, Luhan ?" 


Yeah, right. Luhan hated him for being so cold to her and until now, Luhan never confessed her feelings to Sehun - maybe it's because Luhan is older than him. Luhan and I worked as models for extra money, apart of being librarians on duty in university's library.

Luhan met Sehun in the library, studying for his final exams - where Luhan always peeked at him from the front table. The bad thing was Sehun knew that Luhan liked him but he never return that feelings to her.

"Hey, ladies. Can we get into work now ?" A sweet but little hoarse voice greeted the three of us - Kim Jongin or his modelling name, Kai, the boyfriend of Kyungsoo's smiled from the hallway. Kyungsoo quickly nodded and pulled both of us into the bright, white studio. Kyungsoo pushed Kai away when he tried to place his hands on her tiny shoulders. At the white set - the said name, Oh Sehun was adjusting the monitor at the back of the tall, supporting flash lights.

He turned his back and bowed at us. Three of us bowed back and hurried to the changing rooms. Kyungsoo picked out the clothes, accessories - there were some staffs helped her with the makeups on our face. Just when the girl with brown short hair was putting the makeup remover on the cotton pad, Kyungsoo told her that she will be doing my makeup and she told the girl to move on Luhan. Jongdae laid his back on the door and flipping several pages in his documents before telling us the concept.

 

"You are the femme fatale in this photoshoot, Baekhyun and Luhan - don't forget to give a seductive gaze okay, darlings ?" We grinned - of course.

"Let's get moving - ladies, please be hurry." Luhan, me and another three girls walked out from the room, we were told to stand behind the computer table before we need to pose in front of the camera. We waited for our turn until there was me and Luhan, together with Kris and Kai. Kris is a well-known model and I was glad when Kai coolly introduced me and Luhan to him.

Luhan snapped when Sehun called her and other two boys to pose - Kai and Kris stood beside her. 

 

"Luhan-shi, can you give us your natural expression ?" Luhan glared at Sehun who was talking behind the camera. Kris and Kai followed her steps and giving Sehun angry faces - and obviously they looked great in the picture. Luhan smiled when I raised my thumbs, telling her it was good. 

"Okay guys, leave Luhan on the set. I need her to pose." Jongdae spoke from the back door and he walked towards Sehun, he gave out a document to him. Sehun leaned closer to Jongdae and whispered something. Jongdae gestured his hands, telling Luhan that her cue was over.

"Oh really ? That's a relief." Kyungsoo joined me at the standing side with Luhan. Sehun told the staffs to pull out a red velvet vintage chair into the set. They pulled a walking board with a soft brown wallpaper, replacing the white vintage background. The set looked luxurious and majestic.  Jongdae turned around and smiled.

"Baekhyun, your turn."

 

I marched forward and took my seat in the middle of the long couch. I crossed my legs, revealing my white thighs, putting my hands on the knees and biting my fingers when my eyes looked straight into the camera - a intense and questioning gaze. Jongdae nodded and smiled, he was clearly happy with us while Sehun put on his cold face and took my pictures. I kept giving them the y pose - I was paid to do so, why not ?

Kyungsoo grinned when she looked at my right while Luhan dropped her jaws. Jongdae's lip curve stretched and he squeaked happily.

"Yes, my precious Chanyeol. It's your turn with Baekhyun."


just got real.

 

Kyungsoo laughed when she finished clearing the makeups on my face. Luhan had already finished changing into her clothes when Kyungsoo pressed the cold cotton on my cheeks. Kai was sitting on the couch in the changing room, flipping the pages inside a fashion magazine. Luhan shook her head and she sat on the other chair beside me, waiting for her turn to get rid of the thick, dark makeup. 

"It's like heaven was answering to my pray ! You should see him feeling awkward around you...!"

"Correction - it was me. The awkward one is me, Do Kyungsoo."

"Nope - it was him. His hands were shaking when Jongdae told him to pull you closer to his body !" Luhan chuckled.

"I just hope the pictures will come out well." I sighed.

"Hey, Kai. I never knew that Chanyeol would do modelling today ? I thought he was a freelancer photographer though ?" Luhan asked Kai who was crystal-clear waiting for Kyungsoo with a bored face.

"He lost some silly bet with Sehun yesterday and tadaaaa, you saw him - hey I thought you knew about it, Luhan."

"Why should I know about that ? It's not like we're having a relationship." Luhan rolled her eyes and sat still when Kyungsoo's staff wiped her face with wet cotton pad.

"Oh." Kyungsoo shot Kai with her sharp gaze when Luhan was looking at her shoes - she felt down suddenly. Kai was giving her high hopes when he blurted something like that and Kyungsoo was aware of Luhan's changing emotion.

"Hey, ladies. Let's go clubbing today ?"

Luhan shook her head, "I can't, I'm an early bird tomorrow."

"Baekhyun ?" I looked at Kyungsoo and she shrugged her shoulders. This couple is having a cat fight huh ?


"Sure, darling."

 

I know Kyungsoo would want to tag along when I told her that Kai might be drunk with me later and I was afraid of what will happen aftermath. But I didn't expect that Sehun would drag Luhan with him to the club. Luhan was pestering herself on my arms, avoiding the cold man Oh Sehun.

And also that lanky man - Chanyeol.

All of us except Kyungsoo and Kai were in the awkward situation. Luhan closed her distance with me and both of us ended being crushed inwards by Kyungsoo and Kai. The rectangle table that was set at the wall of the bar, three chairs on the each opposite side making Luhan and me felt suffocated. Plus with the intense gaze of Oh Sehun and the man was cutely being astonished by light, Park Chanyeol.


Kai put himself on the other side of chairs - opposite to Kyungsoo, Luhan who had Sehun sitting in front of her and me who was sitting beside the cold wall in front of the living electric pole, Chanyeol. 

"Finally - we had some space !" Kyungsoo smiled awkwardly and Kai pulled her to the middle of the dancing crowd - leaving Luhan, Sehun, Chanyeol and me.

I really want to go home at this moment.

Like seriously.

 

"Revenge is your middle name, Baekhyun." Luhan whispered.

"Look who's talking." I whispered to Luhan's ears and giggled when Sehun yanked Luhan to a dark corner, obvious - Sehun wanted to have a personal time with Luhan. A time for them to confess or fight, yeah they needed that.

Chanyeol was staring at me with his arms crossed to his body and suddenly he stood up. He was totally styled up -  his black leather jacket, his white vintage shirt and his black jeans - apparently we looked as we were planning to wear the same theme.

I need to control my heart.

Seriously.

He looked so hot !

Chanyeol pushed the table aside, creating a space between us and he grabbed my wrist, pulling me to his body. We exchanged gaze while his cold fingers touched my face. My body shivered and I tried to push him away but his hold on my back became stronger. 

 

"What happened to that innocent girl ? Has she turned into a bad girl now ?"

"She had already grown up."

"Are you trying to take revenge on me, Baekhyun-shi ?" Chanyeol whispered into my ears and I felt my knees became weak - it's like being mesmerized or seduced.

"Why on earth should I do that? You're not something worthy to me either. So, Chanyeol-shi, can you let me go..?"

"What if I refuse to do so ?"

"I'll- I will scream."

"Fine. Scream now and we'll see what are the reaction of others when I told them that you are screaming because I told you to get over me." 

 

My body stiffened.

 

He is still a jerk. A handsome one.


"But, we do have CCTV here, darling. I might end up winning this argument with my reason of you are molesting me." I blew his ears and I saw his face became darken. His grip became loosened - yes...!

 

But then, he smiled.

 

An evil smile.

 

"People wouldn't say much when they watched the video of us - me planting a goodbye kiss on your lips."

 

That beautiful lips crashed on my lips as his arms were holding on my waist.

 

Tightly.


"Hey, Baekh- YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YOU GUYS!"