Practice makes perfect

Please Don't Go

Practice Makes Perfect

 

“The is everyone awake so early?” Chanyeol asked as he dragged himself into the living room.

“Its 2:30” Suho replied, even though his own mate was groaning as he lay his head in Suho’s lap.

“Early.” The tall alpha repeated. He flopped himself onto the couch ad covered his face with his arm, “can someone get me Advil?”

“I will,” he heard Minseok laugh. He was about to thank the elder when Jongdae suddenly protested.

“No, someone else do it!”

Chanyeol groaned once more and lifted his head to glare at Jongdae, “ off, he offered-.” But then his eyes landed on Jongdae, whose arms were wrapped possessively around Minseok’s waist. Everyone was grinning, anticipating the giant’s surprise. Chanyeol’s jaw dropped as he realized what had happened, the intimacy, the smell, the HANDS.

 “YOU TWO ED??” of course not the words expected, but everyone burst into laughter anyway, even Jongdae, while Minseok blushed bright red.

“Can you please not call it that!” Minseok cried

Chanyeol sat up ignoring the shooting headache, “b-but, you two-,” he pointed between the two boys. “When??” He couldn’t remember anything yesterday after all that alcohol, he paled, “I-it wasn’t the alcohol was it?”

“No it wasn’t the ing alcohol!” Minseok yelled, throwing a pillow at Chanyeol.

Jongdae snickered, “well not entirely.” The rest of the boys began laughing again as Minseok smacked the back of Jongdae’s head and stormed into the Kitchen.

“Baby!!” Jongdae groaned running after him, “it’s true!!”

 

 

“Soo,” Jongin’s muffled voice groaned, hearing the sound of laundry being folded.

“There’s a cup of water and some Advil on the bedside,” Kyungsoo replied with a smile. The alpha groaned again, something that seemed to sound like thanks, and reached for the glass. Kyungsoo watched, entertained.

“You know,” Kyungsoo started, watching as the young alpha gulped down the water, a tiny bit dripping off the side, slowly travelling to his jaw before dropping down his neck –Kyungsoo gulped. “If you at drinking, you shouldn’t have drank all that.”

Embarrassed, Jongin blushed and dove under his covers, but lifted a bit to glare at Kyungsoo. “Well did you keep having to lose those drinking games?” he grumbled thinking back to how Kyungsoo kept losing and shot after shot was pushed his way.

The omegas jaw dropped, “well no one told you to drink any of it for me, especially when you’ve never drank alcohol before.”

Jongin glared. “geez, well you’re welcome,” he grumbled.

Kyungsoo stared at the sulking boy and ended up chuckling at his own embarrassment. “Just sleep it off, I’ll head down to make some hangover soup for everyone” to which he received a grunt in return.  

 

It was a bit later, when everyone was already down that Kai stumbled to the living room, asking for the soup that Kyungsoo had called him down to eat. Throughout the day the boys had been anticipating every one reactions to Jongdae and Minseok, Kai was the very last one.

Kai dragged his feet and walked towards the kitchen where he could sense Kyungsoo, not even minding anyone else.

“Kai!”

The young alpha looked back to see Baekhyun smiling at him a tad to widely.

The alpha paused, senses heightening “…what?” he asked cautiously.

“Don’t you have something to say?” the beta asked expectantly. Kai only looked at him in confusion.

“uhh...no?” He just wanted food.

“Don’t you notice anything different?” Tao now asked impatiently. Kai sighed and looked around the room, grimacing as he saw everyone grinning creepily.

“no.” he answered bluntly, continuing his way to the kitchen.

Chanyeol couldn’t take it anymore and jumped up, “They mated you dumb!!” he cried motioning to Jongdae and Minseok.

Kai looked back at Chanyeol before turning his eyes to the pair on the couch, who looked a bit embarrassed, before he rolled his eyes, “well obviously, I’m not stupid.” He scoffed, “I mean finally, you guys at sneaking around, I’m surprised you’ve never been caught.”

Jaws dropped, not expecting that answer, “Wait, you two were together BEFORE?” Luhan cried.

“H-How??” Minseok managed to stutter out, since Kai came he hadn’t done anything worth exposing them since-. “Th-that day everyone went out to the city…” he realized. Kai smirked, confirming the accusation. (refer to chapter 11)

Jongdae looked at the alpha shocked, “you heard??”

“I’m not the only one,” he chuckled, catching sight of Kyungsoo who was peeking out from behind the door.

Their eyes followed to the small omega.

“Soo you knew?!” Minseok hysterically cried, face turning pale.

Kyungsoo shot a glare at Kai, before turning back to his friend and chuckling nervously, “I um I might’ve been semi-conscious… but in my defence… you were a bit… loud…”

Minseok’s face lit red, Kyungsoo wasn’t sure if it was in embarrassment or in anger, but either way he stayed hidden.

Minseok turned to his new mate with a glare, “I ing told you that they could hear us!” he yelled, slapping Jongdae’s arm.

“OW,” Jongdae yelled, “Well you weren’t exactly complaining after were you! Besides WHO was the one that dragged me to the couch huh??”

Kris sighed and held his hand up, “ok I really don’t wanna know what you two did on my couch.”

The Alpha held up his hand when the two opened their mouths to argue, “Anyway!” Kris continued, “Kai go get your food and get your in here, I need everyone here.”

“Why?” Luhan asked from his place on the couch next to Sehun.

“We finally have the details sorted out for the new job,” Suho answered. Meaning it was a job debriefing.

 

Once everyone was seated around the living room, Kris stood in front of them all. “As you guys might have guessed, our new job has something to do with the attack on Kyungsoo a little while ago. The real reason Taemin has been here for this long is because his pack, as you know the one that controls our Northeastern forests, has been receiving info from neighbouring forests. Taemin has been here lending us what he knows so far as well as aiding Jongdae with their knowledge of the forest. We didn’t think it had been a big problem at first, just a pack causing trouble in the southwestern forest,”

Some bodies stiffened at the mention of the name.

“but its developed quickly into something much more dangerous.”

Following his intuitions and connecting to Kyungsoo, Kai gave a guess. “They’re kidnapping omegas,” he growled.

Suho nodded, earning a few gasps from the others. “But the weird thing is nobody knows why. In some cases the omegas have been returned to their pack after a couple days, and in others they are just gone.”

“What the ,” Chanyeol scowled. “And no one has come across them?”

Kris shook his head, “it may possibly be a pack of rogues, or just highly trained wolves. No one is sure. But they’re patient, they’re always able to catch the omega when they’re either by themselves or with only one other pack member.”

Suho continued on, “so far, from the information given, the omegas who have been returned were always returned blindfolded and beaten badly, they know absolutely nothing.”

Luhan shivered slightly, imaging the suffering they must have endured. Sehun noticed his pale face and slowly wrapped an arm around the elder omega, he wouldn’t let anyone touch him.

Kai clenched his fists tight, imaging what had happened if he hadn’t made it in time to save Kyungsoo. From a few feet away Kyungsoo could see Kai’s body tense up with a murderous look on his face. The omega quietly walked over and placed a hand on Kai’’s shoulder, giving his a small smile in hopes that it would calm him down. It did. Kai relaxed, he had made it in time and Kyungsoo was safe.

“Until we know more there isn’t much we can do yet, so we’ll be doing shifts,” Kris announced.

“Half of you, over the next few days, will go and collect info from the packs effected as well as informing and warning other packs. The other half will be here to start back up on some harder training. Not that you don’t all slack off,” Kris gave a hard look to indicate that he was being sarcastic. “Then there will be a switch off, once that’s done we’ll have more info and go on from there.” Kris then looked over at the omegas, “Frankly I’m glad I grounded you both because it’s just another reason to make sure you both aren’t involved in this job.”

“Wait both?” Kyungsoo asked, “What about Baekhyun?”

Baekhyun grinned, “My punishment is different.”

“What? That’s not fair, what is it?” Luhan whined.

The beta only shook his head, “I can’t tell, only Kris knows.” Both omegas were unhappy hearing that.

Luhan frowned, “but this is a pretty big job! You need us!” Kyungsoo nodded strongly in agreement.

However everyone else simply had a look of disapproval written all over their faces. “Kris already told you two why you can’t be working right now, plus you’re both omegas, making you prime targets. Its better you both stay here safe.” Understanding that they did have a point the two omegas submitted.

“Can we at least train?” Kyungsoo asked hopefully.

Kris thought about it for a second, looking at the omegas who were giving him puppy dog eyes, then nodded, “Sparring is alright, but no laps.”

Luhan and Kyungsoo looked at each other for a second before looking at their Alpha and nodding. “Deal,” they agreed.

“Ok then,” Kris looked over at them all, “Then Me, Minseok, Jongdae, Yixing, Chanyeol and Tao will head out tomorrow for the first shift, the rest of you will stay here and train with Suho.”

Baekhyun, Kyungsoo, and Luhan groaned, “But training with Suho is hell.” Baekhyun whined.

The comment went ignored as Kris looked at Taemin, “you might as well train with them while you wait for us to bring back info.”

Taemin grinned, he had been oddly quiet observing everything. “That was the plan,” he replied. The Alpha nodded then finally turned his attention to the new couple.

“Sorry I have to cut your honeymoon short guys,” Kris apologized, knowing how much this a time when they would most want time to themselves. He was sure after he mated Tao he had hardly left his side, or even their room, during the first week.

Minseok gave a smile and shrugged his shoulders while Jongdae just waved his hand in dismissal as he lay his head in Minseoks lap. “We’re not leaving until tomorrow right?”

Kris nodded.

“Great!” the beta said, jumping up and grabbing Minseoks arm, “Gives us lots of time then.” Yanking Minseok towards the stairs who simply blushed and didn’t fight it. “Don’t expect us for dinner!”

The boys who immediately understood gagged while other laughed.

Kai laughed quietly as he saw Kyungsoo gag but had a large grin stretched across his face, “you’re really happy for him aren’t you?” he asked the omega, noticing the twinkle in his eye as he watched his friend.

Kyungsoo looked up at Kai and scrunched up his nose before he smiled, “ecstatic actually. I’m happy for them. Minseok looks so… relaxed. It’s the first time.” Kyungsoo watched as Minseok whined for Jongdae to stop being so embarrassing, but the smile that shone so brightly on his face said otherwise. There were no other worries hidden in the back of his mind, he could express his true feelings freely and it looked wonderful. Letting out a small breath, Kyungsoo added with a small voice, “It’s actually times like when I’m a bit jealous.”

Unsure if he was meant to hear that, Kai kept silent.

“Alright alright enough of that,” Kris chuckled. “Go do whatever the hell you want today.” He dismissed. Some boys got up to do whatever, other stayed in the room and moved their attention to the TV or to each other.

“I’m gonna go clean up the kitchen,” Kyungsoo informed Kai as he got up from the couch. Kai immediately stood up to follow but Kris stopped him.

“Kai, can I talk to you for a bit?” the Alpha asked by the front door. Kai looked over at Kris curiously but shrugged his shoulders and followed the elder. Kris motioned to go outside and they walked out to sit by the garden.

“Ok look,” Kris started, “I’m just gonna get straight to the point ok?”

Somehow those words made Kai tense up, immediately thinking the worst. But he kept a straight face and nodded nonetheless.

Noticing the young alphas sudden tense posture, Kris chuckled, “relaxed I’m not gonna kick you out or something.” The relief that visibly seemed to come over Kai made Kris smile. How in the world was this brat once a lone wolf?

“I know I never formally asked you to join my pack and I know that there was trouble between you and Kyungsoo regarding this topic.” Kai visibly tensed yet again as he remembered. “I understand your reluctance to make a decision and honestly that’s fine. Take your time, I won’t pressure you about this. I feel like joining a pack should be more of a natural thing. So I’m not asking you to join on the mission if you don’t want to, you can stay back with the omegas if you want, I just don’t want you to feel awkward or force you to do anything you don’t want to.”

Those words put Kai to ease, he would be lying if he said that he wasn’t worrying about that. He’d felt a bit awkward during the debriefing, unsure what he should do. Having Kris tell him not to worry and to give him a choice made Kai feel a bit warm inside, a strange feeling that he was getting accustomed to.

“Maybe,” kai began, “maybe going might help my indecisiveness.” He saw Kris give him a questioning look. “A pack is all about teamwork right? Well… maybe this mission will help me with that, let me see what being in a pack is really like.” Then kai sighed and plopped down on a rock, “I like Kyungsoo, I really like him and I just feel this –this strong pull. Like I need to stay by him, to protect him.”

The confession took Kris by surprise, he wasn’t expecting Kai to just state his feelings so bluntly like that especially given his reserved nature. But he noticed the troubled look in Ki’s eyes. “So… what’s stopping you then?” he asked.

Kai ran a hand through his hair as he looked down as his feet. “I don’t want to hurt him.” He confessed softly. “When I first realized that I liked Kyungsoo I planned on telling him right away and claim him as mine. My wolf, my wolf is going crazy for him so bad. But when I took one look at Kyungsoo… I dunno” Kai shrugged, “I was terrified. All these thoughts were coursing through my brain. What if my decisions wiped the smile off Kyungsoo’s face, what if my decision caused him pain in the end? He hardly knows anything about me! And I just want to protect his smile more than anything. I’ve pushed and pulled him way too much and all I really wanna do is make a ing decision to put him at ease so he won’t feel so confused by me all the time. But I just don’t know what to do yet. I don’t want to make a mistake.”

Kris smiled, feeling quiet proud of Kai’s answer, he know it was a good decision to keep the young alpha around. “You’re pretty wise for someone who’s such a brat.” He chuckled at the pout that Kai had on his face. “But don’t worry, you’ll figure it out. You’re a smart kid.”

Kai sighed but nodded. He knew he just needed a bit more time.

There was a pause for a bit before Kris spoke up again. “So, I also wanted to ask…”

Kai looked up at Kris. “As a third person who hasn’t known Sehun or Luhan for long, what do you think of their relationship?”

Kai was slightly surprised for the random question but he thought about it and he answered truthfully, “Well, it’s obvious how much Luhan needs Sehun, but he’s holding a part of himself back even though their relationship has improved so much. Before, you could see that he always pulled back whenever he reminded himself of the problem he had, but now Luhan is just ignoring it… He acts like he likes Sehun without actually thinking about his feelings for Sehun. So there’s no improvement either. They’ll be stuck like this until Luhan gets a push or something.”

Kris sighed, confirming his suspicions, “thought so.” Their relationship was as confusing as ever and as the Alpha, Kris was worried for his pack mates. It was a bit quiet after that, both alpha’s lost in a bit of thought.

Then Kris stood up, “alright let’s head back inside. Rest up cause tomorrow’s gonna be hell.”

Kai looked up and smirked, training, sparring, running; easy. “I think I can handle it.”

 

 

 

“He’s-a ing- devil,” Kai panted, arm thrown over his eyes, as he lay sprawled out on the ground in front of the house. It was mid-afternoon and they had been running since Kris and some of the others left that morning.

A shadow casted over the alpha, “We told you not to underestimate Suho.” Kyungsoo smiled as placed a bottle of cold water against the Alpha’s face to cool down. Initially Kai had thought it would be in their wolf form, but Suho had stopped him and said that in order for his wolf to get stronger, his human form had to be in top shape.

Torture, it was torture. All the boys, sans Suho, Kyungsoo and Luhan, were laying on the ground struggling to catch their breath.

“Kill -me- Soo, come here-and-kill me.” Baekhyun gasped as he lay by the two boys, chest heaving.

Kyungsoo lifted a brow in amusement, “my pleasure, but aren’t you the one who wanted to train?” Maybe Kyungsoo was slightly relieved that he wasn’t allowed to run now.

“Not with HIM!” the beta cried.

“Not with who?” Suho asked, suddenly appearing wiping the sweat off his face with a towel. Baekhyun shrieked, not having notice the Beta come up.

Kai removed his arm and glared at the elder, “You’re a devil.”

Suho smiled, “why thank you.” But threw a towel over to Kai and dropped one on Baekhyun. “Lunch break before we review fight techniques then we will spar.”

“Finally,” Luhan groaned. He sat cross legged next to Sehun, who lay on his back, eyes closed and chest heaving. Luhan watched as Sehun breathed, the bottom of his shirt had risen a bit, exposing a silver of skin. The sweat made his shirt cling to him, but also made his exposed skin glisten. He wondered what Sehun’s skin looked like under the shirt. He had always turned around whenever Sehun was shirtless before… but now he was curious, extremely curious.

“Dying to get some action?” Taemin asked with a smirk, one arm propped up as he also regained his breath.

“Yea,” Luhan replied nonchalantly, but his eyes widened understanding a possible hidden context, “I-I mean no! No!” but it was too late, everyone began laughing. Even Sehun cracked a smile.

Taemin gave him a wink, “well I’m sure you’ll get some soon.” Everyone continued to laugh but the omega gave a small growl, he had enough of him. Taemin was going down.

 

 

“Why do you even have to learn about fighting techniques?” Kai asked as he stretched out his arms. The lesson earlier was confusing to Kai. What strategies? All you have to do is attack them and make sure they can’t attack you back. Instincts.

Sehun smacked the back of his head, “Idiot, are you telling me you’ve never had any strategies when fighting? I’m assuming you’ve fought before considering who you are mr. lone wolf.” Kai glared at Sehun’s mocking tone of voice.

Kai flipped him off and instead of answering, he turned to look at Suho. “I wanna fight him first,” he demanded pointing at Sehun who grinned as he lay back on his hands.

“Sure, I’ll show you what a real fight is like,” the youngest alpha taunted.

Kai showed his teeth and growled, emitting his alpha pheromones.

“Now, now. Don’t worry,” Suho chuckled patting both boys on the back, “You’ll get a chance to fight everyone.”

This surprised the young alpha whose eyebrows shot up, “Everyone?” he asked, looking over to Kyungsoo who was stretching a little ways away from him. “I’m going to fight you too?”

Knowing that he was being addressed to, Kyungsoo looked over at Kai as the omega was stretching out his back, knees bent and twisting his upper body. Kyungsoo grinned and smacked his thighs before making taunting hand gestures. “Bring it,” he challenged.

Quite entertained by the omega attempting to look intimidating, Kai smirked and crouched down. “You’re on,” he growled playfully.

“Ugh,” Baekhyun gagged from beside Kyungsoo, “Could you guys please stop flirting. Anyway, right now Kyunggie is my partner.” The beta grabbed the red faced omega who hadn’t had a chance to retort, and pulled him farther away.

Kai stood there slightly dumbfounded before he heard Sehun laughing close by, “Come on lover boy, you can see him later.” Kai turned around and glared at Sehun, who held up his hands and shrugged.

“Sehun, I’m about to you up if you don’t shut the hell up.”

The other boy only grinned and crossed his arms, “I’d like to see you try.”

 

 

 

“Wow Kai, you’re a fast learner huh,” Suho complimented after they were on the last of their rotations. But the compliment only made Kai snarl. First the young alpha had fought Sehun, then Baekhyun, Luhan, and just finished fighting Taemin. He had lost in every fight –which pissed him off greatly. It wasn’t that he at fighting, or that he wasn’t strong enough. It was just that they were all so good; swift, agile, and smart –they could take out an opponent twice their size.

What made him angry was that he couldn’t the damn bastard’s (Sehun’s) smug I-told-you-so look erased from his head. He seemed to finally understand why they were emphasizing techniques. He had fought Sehun relying on his instincts, whereas Sehun had been closely watching Kai. Processing his every move and predicting what would happen next –employing moves that offered the fastest and more effective defeat. Although Kai caught on fast he still lost.

Moving onto Baekhyun, Kai decided he would try out the techniques learned that day. He analyzed that Baekhyun was quiet strong. He was also good at deceiving his opponent into thinking he would do one move but really did the opposite. Kai hadn’t taken that possibility into account and just when he thought he finally had the beta, he found himself swept clean off his feet.

Having never fought an omega before, Kai had greatly underestimated Luhan’s power. Although strength wasn’t a strong point for the omega (not that it mattered since they focused on skill rather than strength), his senses and speed greatly made up for it. In the beginning Kai got a couple hits on him, but Kai knew he couldn’t let his guard down yet. He thought hard and tried to process he fight so far. After a bit Kai realized that there was a pattern to Luhan’s moves, it was very subtle, but it was there. He was able to catch Luhan and land a hard strike. He was so close but Luhan was just too good at dodging. Although Luhan hadn’t thought that Kai would understand his technique that quickly, he was still able to get around Kai to attack from behind, ending the match.

Finally with Taemin, he was another surprise. He was quite good at fighting, probably equal in terms of skills. It was harder but in a different way. They were both able to read each other’s moves and found it hard to land a blow on the opponent. Eventually Taemin was able to land one and win, smiling the entire time...

“Seriously, you learn really quickly,” Suho continued, handing the boy a towel as he sat on the floor breathing hard.

“Not fast enough,” Kai replied, wiping his face before standing back on his feet. “Soo,” he called the omega who had just finished fighting Luhan. “Hurry up, let’s start.”

Kyungsoo came over, a towel wrapped around his neck and looked at the boy with a raised brow. “You sure you don’t want to take a breather?”

“I’m fine” Kai grumbled. But the subtle pout on his lips made Kyungsoo grin.

“Jongin, rest a bit. I don’t want you to get hurt.”

“I won’t get hurt, I’m fighting you.”

Kyungsoo looked at him, a bit surprised, but mostly amused by the comment. “Really? Pretty confident there aren’t you.” Then Kyungsoo smirked, “especially since you’ve lost every round.”

Kai tensed before he glared at the omega.

“Well this’ll be entertaining,” Baekhyun commented, crossing his arms to watch their fight instead. Taemin and Suho both nodded in agreement.

 

 

Kai growled as Kyungsoo knocked him off his feet again. Kai had found out rather quickly that Kyungsoo was not a force to be reckoned with. Like Luhan, he was fast and had strong senses that helped him, but he also had another skill. The omega had a talent for finding weak points. He could asses the body and decide what part of the body to hit in order to make his opponent lose balance before he sent the second blow that sent them falling.

,” Kai cursed, immediately getting to his feet before Kyungsoo could manage to land the finishing blow.

“Still think you won’t get hurt?” Kyungsoo asked grinning. They were both crouched low, assessing who to do next. Concentrating hard, Kai watched Kyungsoo’s every movement, and that’s when he saw that Kyungsoo took crossing steps… which meant that if Kai attacked, and using Baekhyun’s techniques, went in the complete opposite direction then Kyungsoo would predict he would, to attack Kyungsoo at just the right angle…

“wha-,” Kyungsoo’s eyes widened as he found himself falling, along with kai, to the ground, but he caught himself fast. Kyungsoo was able to maneuver himself so that Kai wouldn’t have a complete upper hand. Both boys wrestled, Kai trying to get back to his position, while Kyungsoo was trying to slip out from underneath him.

“No you don’t,” Kai griped, using his strength to sit on top of Kyungsoo, his arms holding Kyungsoo’s arms over his head. Kyungsoo struggled but it seemed like both of them weren’t going anywhere.

Kyungsoo was panting as he looked up at Jongin whose face hovered dangerously close to his, hair damp from sweat and chest heaving.

“The point is to render me incapable of fighting back, not trap me underneath you, you idiot,” Kyungsoo muttered, trying very hard not to get distracted. They were in the middle of a fight after all.

“Shut up, I’m thinking,” Kai replied, shifting his weight and tightening his grip.

Kyungsoo smirked, “so you’re having a hard time huh.”

"Soo, I said shut up," Kai repeated.

The omega shook his head, "I can do whatever I want."

Suddenly there was more pressure on his wrists as Kai leaned dangerously low, his face just centimeters from the omega's. "Shut it."

Kyungsoo looked at the male in shock and eyes wide. Kai was so close that kyungsoo could count the lashs on each eye...which he might have done before...not that he'd ever admit it. Kyungsoo's breath seemed to get stuck in his throat as Kai's dark eyes continued to bore into his. But then Kai moved his face, he began to move closer and he was just so close that Kyungsoo automatically shut his eyes tight. Kai ended up with his lips by Kyungsoo's ears, as if to make sure that no one would be able to hear him except Kyungsoo.

The alpha let a growl rumble from deep in his chest, kyungsoo hated that the sound might've made him shiver inside. “I hate to admit it, but you guys are better than I thought…” he grumbled.

Kyungsoo was surprised by the confession, not expecting that in the least. but he tried to gain back his composure, and smiled softy, "underestmated us huh?" he guessed.

"...yeah, I did." Kai admitted.

The omega felt quite proud at Kai’s honesty. “Well if it makes you feel any better, if this were a battle of strength then I’m sure you’d win.”

“Yeah but it’s not.” The alpha rolled his eyes. 

Kyungsoo grin only grew wider, especially when he realized that kai was no loner focusing. “You’re right…” and suddenly Kai was flying to the side. In the moment of distraction, Kyungsoo had been able to catch Kai off balance and threw him back, hard.

Before Kai could comprehend what was happening, Suho’s voice suddenly rang, “Match set, Kyungsoo.”

Kai watched as the smiling omega walked up to where he lay and held out a hand, “too bad.”

Still in shock, the alpha couldn’t even glare at Kyungsoo, he simply took hold of his hand and stood up.

The omega began to laugh at how the subtle frown graced Kai’s face. “Oh come on you baby, I’m sure tomorrow you’ll win at least one,” Kyungsoo said swinging an arm around Kai’s shoulder, but his words held a teasing undertone.

Kai pushed him off immediately, feeling his face heat up at the embarrassment. “Oh off,” he swore, marching off. His attempt to hide his face failed because Kyungsoo could see the tips of his ears as he walked back to the house and his laughter followed the alpha. Kai swore that he would beat them for sure.

 

____________________________